• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

Fess

Met and got slaughtered by the white fur boss from the unveil trailer.

When closing down the game I went to the net and checked out the unveil trailer. I remember thinking it looked almost to good at the time, almost like it was a prerender of some sort. The final game looks even better!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Chapter 1 done. Beat the boss on the second try (it’s always the second try with these games) and was relieved to see you can revisit the old areas in previous chapters. I was under the impression that you wouldn’t be able to as you move forward.

Good thing because I need to grind out some quick cash for equipment 😎 The Snake Trail in Bamboo Grove is a decent early spot.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Chapter 3 can go fuck itself.

I refuse to believe journalists didn’t get to this chapter and watch the fun fall off a fucking Cliff. It’s not hard but it is just a shitty area. Uninspired diarrhea with annoying mechanics. Huge step down.

Game sound great, getting close to pulling trigger here.

Curious about performance after the DF video. Game looks stunning, but it's proper heavy. Sitting with an i9 10900k, RTX3090, 64GB DDR4 RAM, would be targeting 3440x1440. Anyone else running something similar? Seems like RT might be off the cards if I want 60FPS?
Hello fellow 3090 owner

RT is absolutely not off the table but you'll need to be aggressive with DLSS and you should not use RT Very High that's for 4080/4090 only

Started today and holy hell what an intro, one of the best in gaming. Certainly close to GOW3 opening with much larger in scale and graphics.
Music is so well done in each bosses and there are quite a lot in this game. Maybe the most I've encountered in any game in that time period.

Also this boss did gave me a tough time to beat. But combat is so fun and visually engaging that I just wanted to beat him nonetheless.

Chapter 3 can go fuck itself.

I refuse to believe journalists didn’t get to this chapter and watch the fun fall off a fucking Cliff. It’s not hard but it is just a shitty area. Uninspired diarrhea with annoying mechanics. Huge step down.
Did you finish the main boss of that area... So fucking annoying...
At least after finished it, we don't have to deal with the red eye (don't know the name) condition anymore..

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
z04osBh.jpeg

wCqgCcw.jpeg

REiKWI1.jpeg

eRarcrT.jpeg

Last edited:

tommib

Chapter 1 done. Beat the boss on the second try (it’s always the second try with these games) and was relieved to see you can revisit the old areas in previous chapters. I was under the impression that you wouldn’t be able to as you move forward.

Good thing because I need to grind out some quick cash for equipment 😎 The Snake Trail in Bamboo Grove is a decent early spot.
I’m still on chapter 1 and I’m between 2 bosses. The big panda kung fu bear and the elder jinchi. Which one should I go for? I find them both annoying.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I’m still on chapter 1 and I’m between 2 bosses. The big panda kung fu bear and the elder jinchi. Which one should I go for? I find them both annoying.

You gotta do the Elder first. Even though optional what you get for beating him makes the end boss much easier!

Investing in Immobilization can’t be stressed enough. Cracks me up how it’s literally Stasis from Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
What is the consensus? I have a ps5 and pc with rtx 3070. is pc optimization ok?
Think there's a mod already to enable frame generation on 30XX cards, plis a few more to tweak the settings to make it look and run better.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
PC bros, even if the game doesn't have HDR... Should I enable it in Windows conf? Or better to leave it disabled?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
There really needs to be a Performance Thread

It’s the fucking OT. Can we get people actually playing and commenting
on it besides me and tommib and a couple others? 😂

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Okay, varied combo... How does that work?

Wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I'm playing in spanish, but imo the skill descriptions don't do a great job at explaining things.

Leave it disabled. I think it looks pretty good (and plenty bright) without on the LG CX.
Thanks fren, gonna try with it off since I have that same TV.

Reactions: GHG

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Thanks. Both down.

edOrdRG.jpeg

Cute animation at chapter closure is a cool reward.

The big black

bear was a good fight. Cool scene at the end. Way more dramatic than expected

Without that equipment from the secret boss that fight is probably a massive pain in the ass.

tommib

The big black

bear was a good fight. Cool scene at the end. Way more dramatic than expected

Without that equipment from the secret boss that fight is probably a massive pain in the ass.
Yeah, I was finding him super annoying during the fire phase. Getting the gear and the fire protection bubble made all the diference.

Thanks!

Needlecrash

On Chapter 1. Mainly exploring. I beat the wolf (took me two tries) with the Fire Twinblades and the Big White Wolf (took one try). Game is fucking fun I tell ya. There is a bit of micro-stuttering on PC but hopefully a patch will address it soon.

Bavarian_Sloth

Gold Member
4k, DLSS performance, everything on Very High and RT on High with frame generation should have you around 100fps or so.

I play on my 4080 Super / 7800x3d with 4k Dlss Performance, RT Ultra (called "Very High" in the english version), Details High and FG on and get 70 - 90 fps out of it. Plays absolutely smooth with a controller.

If you don't want to use FG at all and are ok with Lumen you can also up Dlss to Quality and Details to Ultra. This gives you about the same fps as above.

However, I for one can't go back to Lumen since the divine RTX water caustics stained my eyes.

200w.gif

*Tip regarding the over sharpening of the picture: click

Last edited:

Zathalus

Not quite.

I play on my 4080 Super / 7800x3d with 4k Dlss Performance, RT Ultra, Details High and FG on and get 70 - 90 fps out of it. Plays absolutely smooth with a controller.

If you don't want to use FG at all and are ok with Lumen you can also up Dlss to Quality and Details to Ultra. This gives you about the same fps as above.

However, I for one can't go back to Lumen since the divine RTX water caucastics stained my eyes

200w.gif

*Tip regarding the over sharpening of the picture: click
One step below the highest RT setting is what I’m referring to. It drops the water caustics and cuts the resolution of the RT.

How's PS5 performance?
Users have different standards, some PS5 and a LOT of PC users say the game run like dogshit, a LOT say, "Smooth Experience" and a LOT of Steam Deck users say "Smooth Experience at 540p and 25fps"

You really have to try it with your own eyes to make any judgment, all in all, the game seems to be doing very well everywhere, including the PS5 version.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Depends. Do you let places like this and digital foundry dictate what feels good to play to you?

The secret answer is to just fucking buy it. It’s fine.

I’ve probably gone on 20 hours and it hasn’t crashed. There’s been a few frame hitches during a few non boss fights and that’s it for me for so far.

I've had no crashes but the game loads a lot

Is there any way to increase subtitle size on PC? Can barely make out the text in 4K on my TV and there's no drop shadow. Playing with Chinese audio and English subs.

foamdino

Is there a physical release (actual disc in case) or is this digital only (PS5)? My PC could probably run it (3080 + 12 core AMD ryzen of some gen - forgot which one), but I wouldn't play this myself so I'm thinking it would be a good gift for my boy.

Also there's some discussion about how Solusy it is - someone mentioned it's more like God of War 2018 (which I did manage to beat, although I didn't try and get all the tophies and do the Valkyrie fights), others are saying it's more like a FROM game (which I can't stand).

april6e

Getting my chaps torn up by the Tiger boss. Dodging is tough in this game because you can't just roll out of range like in Souls game. The attacks home on to you so when a boss does a chain of attacks, you have to dodge every single swing on time or you eat the rest of the combo. At least the fight isn't as insane as White Clad Noble prior to this was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom