• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
How does it work ? Also what is the thing about the « double heavy combo »?
You have to have a charge available and you have to be attacking them at least once. When they strike, press heavy and it’ll counter and you’ll negate damage. You have to unlock the skill.

This was posted in the thread too.

Also, there’s a skill where if you build two charges and you go into a light attack, heavy combo finisher. Press heavy a 2nd time and it’ll do another overhead.

They’re both skills you’ll need to unlock.

Last edited:

Crownttano

12k Damage with Staff of Blazing Karma on Yellow Loong
Expected a big lava fire BOOM!!!! Instead it's a little ground flame 😐

Equipment
Weaver's Needle
Tiger's Acolyte
Golden Mask of Fury
Golden Embroidered Shirt
Ochre Armguard
Ebongold Gaiters

Curios
Auspicious Lantern
BEAST!!!! Buddha
Gold Button

Multi-Glazed Gourd
Loong Balm
Breath of Fire
Tiger Relic
Steel Ginseng

Loong Aura Amplification Pellets

april6e

I feel like this game has given me no reason to ever switch off the first spirit you get (Wandering Wright). +20 defense has been a great bonus all game against mini/main bosses.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I feel like this game has given me no reason to ever switch off the first spirit you get (Wandering Wright). +20 defense has been a great bonus all game against mini/main bosses.
Middle of chapter 4 and still using it. It’s a great combo finisher.

Just got to the end of chapter 4, fought the boss, then warped back after starting the next chapter as there was a set of stairs I didn't take. Sadly, when I returned to outside the boss area and took the stairs, the secret boss was not accessible. It apparently triggers after you collect 4 of the purple glowing script things throughout the chapter. The fourth was just floating in mid-air with no way to interact with it.
Bit disappointing, so just a heads up to anyone in that chapter. You'll use the shrine, and the main boss room is to your right. Instead, go forward and up the stairs and you should be safe enough to interact with the last script.

Exentryk

12k Damage with Staff of Blazing Karma on Yellow Loong
Expected a big lava fire BOOM!!!! Instead it's a little ground flame 😐

Equipment
Weaver's Needle
Tiger's Acolyte
Golden Mask of Fury
Golden Embroidered Shirt
Ochre Armguard
Ebongold Gaiters

Curios
Auspicious Lantern
BEAST!!!! Buddha
Gold Button

Multi-Glazed Gourd
Loong Balm
Breath of Fire
Tiger Relic
Steel Ginseng

Loong Aura Amplification Pellets

Don't have any of those items in chap 2 yet, but good to see some builds in action.

Looking forward to it in the future.

Last edited:

Braag

Finished it today, might do a NG+ some day seeing as I enjoyed the game so much. The final chapter was really short and pretty much a set up for the final boss, so that was little disappointing.
There's also a secret ending, but the final boss of that is basically Malenia 3.0 so I've yet to beat him. Maybe some day

Edit: Welp, I beat the secret boss which first seemed impossible. He has 2 very major weaknesses which made him a lot easier.

Last edited:

Gonzito

This is a great game ruined by performance in my opinion. That's all I can say after 30 hours of game time, such a shame and honestly who knows if they will fix it or not

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Yellow Loong down after 3 attempts, is this the big bad wolf everybody has been talking about? 😂 Almost had him on my first attempt with zero idea of what to expect, 2nd attempt went in with all my medicines primed, anti-shock can be used as a prophylactic fyi (beyond that I didn't equip anything to counter shock) but he got me during super Saiyan mode due to a mistimed dodge. Lots of Rock Parry (love this spell), managed to get in two Wandering Wights, Umbral Abyss transformation, lots of perfect dodging, no big deal, still had healing to spare.

tmlDan

so far, got to chapter 3, games just okay, nothing super special.

But I will say, there's this quest where you go off into another world and its prob my fav part of the game so far cause its some vague side quest and the boss was cool.

The combat def feels like a bunch of jumping and button mashing with less souls punishment, there's just something off about the game that doesn't quite make it amazing

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Just got the Supreme Gourd and associated trophy for meeting a certain someone in every location, only 3.8% have it, good times 👌

Edit: Keeper smoked first attempt with lots of healing to spare.

Last edited:

Braag

What is the deal with horseman? Is he just a comic relief?
If you spoke with him in every chapter, in chapter 5 he is stuck in one of the carts that spits fire. Let him be there and kill the next story boss (The mage dude that summons a fish). Then return to him and you get him as a transformation spell.
Not 100% if you can fuck the quest up. You can pull his whip when he is stuck in the cart and he tells you to stop or something terrible happens, so I stopped interacting with him and returned to him only after the boss was defeated. Maybe if you pull his whip too many times he dies or something, not sure.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you spoke with him in every chapter, in chapter 5 he is stuck in one of the carts that spits fire. Let him be there and kill the next story boss (The mage dude that summons a fish). Then return to him and you get him as a transformation spell.
Not 100% if you can fuck the quest up. You can pull his whip when he is stuck in the cart and he tells you to stop or something terrible happens, so I stopped interacting with him and returned to him only after the boss was defeated. Maybe if you pull his whip too many times he dies or something, not sure.
I don't think this game has fuckable quest at all.

GymWolf

Gold Member
First one is the horse dude quest. Couldn't find him in chapter 3,4.
Other is the chapter 4 quest need you to lift 4 talisman BEFORE final boss. I ran straight to the boss and missed the one nearby lol.
Oh ok, i encountered horse dude in every chapter and i had an hunch that ripping off all the purple things was something to do before a fight...

I would like the game to tell me when a boss is the final fight of the chapter before entering the arena.

Do you know if just entering the arena and watching the cutscene before ripping off the things change something or it only matter after you beat the boss?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Finished it today, might do a NG+ some day seeing as I enjoyed the game so much. The final chapter was really short and pretty much a set up for the final boss, so that was little disappointing.
There's also a secret ending, but the final boss of that is basically Malenia 3.0 so I've yet to beat him. Maybe some day

Edit: Welp, I beat the secret boss which first seemed impossible. He has 2 very major weaknesses which made him a lot easier.
What weaknesses???

Oh ok, i encountered horse dude in every chapter and i had an hunch that ripping off all the purple things was something to do before a fight...

I would like the game to tell me when a boss is the final fight of the chapter before entering the arena.

Do you know if just entering the arena and watching the cutscene before ripping off the things change something or it only matter after you beat the boss?
Not sure about that. My suggest is just lift all of the talisman before the boss. The last one is right next to the final checkpoint.
Also you should clear the secret area before the final boss, It'll make the final boss fight more easier.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Not sure about that. My suggest is just lift all of the talisman before the boss. The last one is right next to the final checkpoint.
Also you should clear the secret area before the final boss, It'll make the final boss fight more easier.
But there is no way to tell when i reach the final boss or what is the last checkpoint before him :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Usually the cutscene start when you enter the arena, not before.

But there is no way to tell when i reach the final boss or what is the last checkpoint before him :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Usually the cutscene start when you enter the arena, not before.
No worry. You can see where he is at the final shrine. Shrine name Court of Illumination if you need.

Last edited:
h4jzrkk4j5ld1.jpeg

Braag

What weaknesses???
So he has 4 phases basically since you need to break his guard 4 times and after each time he starts doing crazier moves. The challenge comes in breaking the guard.

Plantain Fan which you get in chapter 5 that summons a tornado. It will keep him stunlocked long enough that you can break his guard.
Azure Dust transformation which turns you into the slumbering rock golem.
He completely disengages during that transformation and doesn't attack (this transformation prefers to be damaged to build up the meter). You can corner him with the normal attack until his guard breaks.

So I used the transformation to break his 1st guard.
His 2nd guard I broke just fighting him the traditional way.
For his 3rd guard I used the plantain fan.
And for his 4th guard my transformation was off cooldown so I used that again.

The fight has a second part too which is quite easy cause it's just a big spectacle.

Also funnily enough, if you transform into Yin Tiger, he will mock you and force you out of the transformation.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
generic colourful kiddy trash should be free or not made at all. thats what we can learn.

I guarantee you concord wouldve done better if it were some modern day military style shooter with grit.

people are tired of that colourful ass SHIT with abysmal, cringe worthy characters in all fps/indie/GAAS games

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah, the tougher part is coming.
Holy shit, indeed it came. First major boss of ch3 (the electro dragon) is fucking me up like nothing else up to this point.

Time to get gud.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Holy shit, indeed it came. First major boss of ch3 (the electro dragon) is fucking me up like nothing else up to this point.

Time to get gud.
That boss is annoying because it can’t sit still for one second and its body makes it hard to hit.

You will have legit ass-kicking bosses later on. They’re really fun to fight though, except for a handful of them.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That boss is annoying because it can’t sit still for one second and its body makes it hard to hit.

You will have legit ass-kicking bosses later on. They’re really fun to fight though, except for a handful of them.
Already beat that thing lol, took like 4 tries or so.

Game's super fun. The large ammount of bosses and how much stuff you have at your disposal make it super engaging.

ClosBSAS

Anyone beat it yet? Interested to see if the back half of the game holds up to the mainly glowing reports from the early game.
I did. It does, hell, i think its even better, once ur fully buffed and shit, am level 220, shit is awesome. Game is freaking amazing, late bosses, cinematics and final boss are dope as fuck.

ClosBSAS

Lol max that shit out, he does very good dmg to bosses lol i love him

That two different games with two completely different kind of target audience sold differently, this comparison seems both stupid and forced.

Anyways on topic I completed chapter 3 last night and after using my initial fine two gold thread to upgrade an armor I was wearing I later learnt that they are ininited quantity in the game so now I'm kinda annoyed, they should have made them farmable fortunately I have the two from beating Yellowbrow still so I'm gonna have to be careful how I decided to use them going forward, btw anyone have any idea where to get Kun Steel, without any spoilers beyond chapter 3 please

Gaiff

I did. It does, hell, i think its even better, once ur fully buffed and shit, am level 220, shit is awesome. Game is freaking amazing, late bosses, cinematics and final boss are dope as fuck.
Level 220? Is there a power-leveling spot I'm unaware of? I'm 73 and probably about halfway through chapter 4.

Fabieter

Iam at the 1 Boss from chapter 6 and what of the worst things is how important spells are for your victory and at the same time cds are easily wasted because a fast boss can easily negate it if you are 1sec of time.

manlisten

Found the first boss fight that sucks complete ass.

Yellow Wind Sage

Literally couldn’t hit him because I immobilized him past an invisible wall. Then there’s the visual clutter with all the sand. About 15 bosses in and can say this is the first genuinely un-fun fight. Any tips for this guy?

Top Bottom