• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong Reviewers will only be allowed to review the PC Version

Fabieter

Giant red flag. CDPR pulled off the same shit with cyberpunk and we know how that turned out. In fact, I can’t remember a recent scenario where only codes for one platform were sent out and it was good news for all other platforms.

I think alan wake 2 was pretty much pc only pre release but maybe I miss remember stuff.

Why would that matter for western reviewers?

Probably optimized for PC over consoles. Publisher and dev are both Chinese. Seems like it would show the game in the best light, be the path of least resistance. Sure they'll be selling it in the US but maybe they don't care about the console audience so much to make a special effort for them. Video game culture in China is a lot different.

Fabieter

Probably optimized for PC over consoles. Publisher and dev are both Chinese. Seems like it would show the game in the best light, be the path of least resistance. Sure they'll be selling it in the US but maybe they don't care about the console audience so much to make a special effort for them. Video game culture in China is a lot different.

Why bother even make a console version at that point. Just to cash in for one time?

I think the pc version is more polished but there is a patch coming up at release day for console which makes it more polished as well. Would be really stupid to release a game in a really bad state as their big aaa debut.

Barakov

Red Flag GIF by BFI

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Good. It means they have confidence in that version. This is a PC game first and foremost just like Cyberpunk, receiving the same assistance from Nvidia.
Fingers crossed. Console versions are almost always at least passable. They seldom get completely shat on like the PC version.

Aenima

CCProjekt Red

At least thers no physical version at launch so they will not get me with a pre-order. Will have enough time to see how it will actually look and run on console. Hopefully is a nothing burger and they just want footage from the best version of the game running around the net before release. I think Nvidia might have a marketing deal for this game as well.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
PC brothers! It probably means we eat gud! Not a shit port.

I might not even bother with the per pixel pathtracing. Maxed out Lumen for reflections and lighting should be fine, so I can get the most frames and lowest input lag possible for this dodge heavy action game.

Techies

Giant red flag. CDPR pulled off the same shit with cyberpunk and we know how that turned out. In fact, I can’t remember a recent scenario where only codes for one platform were sent out and it was good news for all other platforms.
Cyberpunk is build on a custom game engine, this on an industry standard game engine. Not really a red flag.

Biggest issue is playstation and chinese government's rules just take way more work and time.

Why bother even make a console version at that point. Just to cash in for one time?

I think the pc version is more polished but there is a patch coming up at release day for console which makes it more polished as well. Would be really stupid to release a game in a really bad state as their big aaa debut.

Probably to break into the US market, and because it's port-friendly. Just not worth their full attention/effort compared to PC.

Yes but why not make it pc exclusive at this point. It's not worth the negativity if it's not at least serviceable.

Low opportunity cost to port, and the upside is additional exposure to the US console market. I agree if it performs terribly on PS5 it may give them bad publicity, but they are taking a chance on being able to sell it to another 60 million Americans who, frankly, don't seem to have high standards to begin with.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Have they ever even showed the ps5 running? I’m glad they focused on the PC version and worked with Nvidia. Seems like this is the game Nvidia chose to make sweet love to after Cyberpunk.

Bernardougf

Dont care... aint buying anything anymore until the Pro comes out... there's just no point. I can wait.

Last edited:

Three

Have they ever even showed the ps5 running? I’m glad they focused on the PC version and worked with Nvidia. Seems like this is the game Nvidia chose to make sweet love to after Cyberpunk.
The had devkits running it more than 8 months ago (playable at gamescom) :

Why not just wait and see how it is instead of jumping to pessimistic conclusions about "not being allowed to review" just because they sent out specific codes.

Last edited:
They've delayed the Xbox version, sounds like maybe they ought to have delayed the playstation version too.
Please god no, I honestly don’t care if it’s not a stable performance. Just nuke the fuck out of the resolution for people who want locked 30fps but for fucks sake, release a game already that could stand toe to toe with the UE5 unveil tech demo from 4 years ago. It’s embarrassing. HB2 is the closest we’ve gotten

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still a Red Flag for PC though... because reviewers typically have high end machines. You know if like a 3060 Ti can't run the game at 1440p60 max details there will be plenty of Internet Rage.

(Cyberpunk ran just fine on PS5/XBS, even with the early versions of the game. Well minus the bugs)

Reactions: Isa

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
isnt there a 144060fps mode for the console? hope it doesnt run like ass on console

Top Bottom