• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong Reviewers will only be allowed to review the PC Version

Tommi84

Thread title doesn't seem right. It says they only got PC codes, not that it’s only what they're allowed to review.
But... The idea/outcome is the same... If you don't have PS5 code you can't review it BEFORE the release date so they are allowed only to review PC version

Zathalus

If the 60fps mode keeps the volumetrics, lumen, nanite, and virtual shadow maps then base resolution on the PS5 is very likely under 1080p.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
A big red flag for Black Myth Wukong: Reviewers will only receive PC codes to review, reviews for PS5 version of the game will only be given at the release date.

Embargo lifts August 16th.

https://x.com/Tom_Henderson/status/1822357587511153110?t=PNw4CMsrxGZiBQqOz_e09w&s=19

We could fix it as users in financing game reviewers that only review games they buy on launch and comment only on publicly available pre-release info.

We do not have to pre-order or buy games on launch day… :/.

The had devkits running it more than 8 months ago (playable at gamescom) :

Why not just wait and see how it is instead of jumping to pessimistic conclusions about "not being allowed to review" just because they sent out specific codes.

Why NOT be pessimistic when EVERY time a dev hides footage of the console version, it turns out to be far inferior to the PC? The guy who made that comment probably thinks he's a lot of sense, that is how skewed we are towards shilling for companies.

Three

Why NOT be pessimistic when EVERY time a dev hides footage of the console version, it turns out to be far inferior to the PC? The guy who made that comment probably thinks he's a lot of sense, that is how skewed we are towards shilling for companies.
I expect the PC version has RTX and would look better but this doesn't necessarily mean other versions are broken.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Good. All games should be like that. Tired of bad PC ports getting no coverage because in consoles they were praised.

Fabieter

Good. All games should be like that. Tired of bad PC ports getting no coverage because in consoles they were praised.

We can have both you know? Why do you shit on consoles getting all the coverage and now you want pc getting all of it. Weird!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
A game that the review embargo lifts 5 days before release isn't a worry. Is there a reason to preorder? If you currently have a PS5 and want to play this game, wait until the console reviews drop.

Preorders should be done with developers who have previously proved their worth. Astro Bot will be preordered by me as I enjoyed the PS5 pack in game, the playroom PS4 pack in and the VR game. I'd be shocked if they fuck this up. First time devs games shouldn't be preordered if there is no prior history with the main devs. I preordered Death Stranding because of Kojima and that was officially a new studio.

Anyone who has preordered this, I hope the bet pays off. I'll wait for console reviews.

Reactions: Isa
I'm a bit worried about AMD performance, therefore I'm going to wait for benchmarks before diving in.. Not that I'm very worried with my 7900XTX but just to make sure it's playable.

Nevertheless no point pre-ordering, we can all just wait for both technical and gameplay reviews

Last edited:

panda-zebra

I love the wording, he did not say they run well or at a smooth 30 FPS… “surprisingly well” could mean that they expected single FPS slideshow and they got the game to run better than that 😂.
The game runs, surprisingly. Well...

Calling OP an ‘xbox fanboy’ is quite the stretch indeed 🤣
Nobody pointed fingers at the OP saying xbox fanboy, that's fanfic. You're replying to a discussion between 3 other members regarding lead platform and waiting for actual evidence.

The framing of the OP, though, "big red flag" and "Reviewers will only receive PC codes to review" when the tweet literally says "most folks I spoke to" - for a nvidia bundled/marketed title, no less - looks for all the world like the "news" itself the OP posted was sourced via said fanboi demographic with a hefty dollop of full-fat tryhard spin splooged on top of what the tweet actually states.

Some xbox superfans are pissed off about the game and their console once again being an afterthought, but tbh that's by the by. The real issue is you can slice the it's another Cyberpunk FUD in here with an RTX 4090, lol.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
PSSR to the rescue

Yeah, this is definitely a PS5 Pro only title. There's a ton of games that are just better off waiting for the Pro to play. We'll see if Sony can deliver with the Pro though.

So PC is the lead platform. Good!

I think you're genuinely confused as to what a lead platform even is... Like all games are developed on PC to begin with, they're compiled for various platforms and then optimized. If this story is true, my guess is there is a day 1 PS5 patch for further optimization that wasn't ready for the review period of the game, so it's easier to give out the PC version and reviewers who might have more powerful rigs will still experience the game as it was meant to be experienced.

If anything I'd be worried about the game plays on PC more than PS5.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
We can have both you know? Why do you shit on consoles getting all the coverage and now you want pc getting all of it. Weird!
But we never do. Elden ring, Jedi fallen order, all games that only got praise because it only had problems on the PC version.

Goalus

That was a Phantom Blade Zero dev not a Black Myth Wukong dev. Black Myth Wukong devs just ignored the xbox on release date like S-Games did with Phantom Blade Zero. The devs made no remarks. Both are releasing on PS5 though.
I know, but the remark "no one needs this platform" evidently applies to PS5 too, otherwise there would be review codes.

midnightAI

Yeah, this is definitely a PS5 Pro only title. There's a ton of games that are just better off waiting for the Pro to play. We'll see if Sony can deliver with the Pro though.
Pro only won't be a thing, now if you mean that games will run better on Pro and possibly have more features such as ray tracing where the standard PS5 version does not, then of course, obviously.

Topher

Gold Member
mole-hill.jpeg

FewRope

The had devkits running it more than 8 months ago (playable at gamescom) :

Why not just wait and see how it is instead of jumping to pessimistic conclusions about "not being allowed to review" just because they sent out specific codes.

1440P*

Upscale from 240p

Astray

They got a prime spot in Sony State of Play this year. You bet your ass the ps5 version is important.
Literally a lie lol.

Searching the PS blog for "Black Myth" or "Wukong" yields zero results btw.

Three

Yes, everything on the PlayStation channel is 100% real PS5 gameplay.

That announcement didn't even look that impressive to not be running on it and wasn't releasing in 9 days time like Black Myth.

Alas that indie project was abandoned. Would be like showing Scalebound or Everwild to discredit trailers for Valorant on the xbox page or something. Funny that it was shown and didn't release but still fearmongering at its finest for an unrelated title.

pokerlife

Thread title doesn't seem right. It says they only got PC codes, not that it’s only what they're allowed to review.

OP make it sound like they got console codes but aren't allowed to review them.
Hes a CLICKBAIT narrative controlling troll.. We all know he will be voting for the lefties Harris and Tampooon Tim

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Three

Posted 2 days before it released on the PS4. That's not the PS4 version

2 days before Cyberpunk release PS5 was already out too with no mention of which version the trailer showed. Not even saying everything shown on official channels is always that platform because I know it's not. countless people are already spreading that FUD about this being a cyberpunk situation in the thread but I don't see how thats related to Abandoned not running on a PS5 or releasing. That announcement trailer wasn't even that impressive for PS5 to doubt whether it was on it or not and it wasn't announced on anything else either. It was just a cancelled indie project shown early in dev. Black Myth Wukong releases in 9 days. Just wait instead of spreading FUD preemptively by drawing parallels to Abandoned of all things.

GermanZepp

Why not pre order and wait how the game comes out? Red flag this red flag that.. sounds like gamers just like "game journalists" wants to be concerned over nothing. If the game is vaporware or run like shit we are going to known in 10 days

Last edited:
Top Bottom