• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

ramyeon

I hope this is accurate...funny enough I ended up turning my first skill character into a skill/bloodtinge character in NG+ so hopefully I won't have any kind of short coming since most of my main weapons are +9 now.
You'll be fine! Only difficult boss in there really is the Pthumerian Descendant which can cause a bit of grief. The official guide tends to overstate how high a level you should be to do stuff in the game and even that says 140 for Ihyll :p

You'll be fine! Only difficult boss in there really is the Pthumerian Descendant which can cause a bit of grief. The official guide tends to overstate how high a level you should be to do stuff in the game and even that says 140 for Ihyll :p
Good this would be my first platinum so I don't want some cheap boss to derail my progress. I honestly thought the headless bloodletting beast would be the hardest, but who knows with you since you cruised through so many of them.

2AdEPT

So, I played and beat the game a few weeks after it came out. I just jumped back in last week and just started a whole new game rather than New Game plus (just felt like it)

I got a guide with me this time to do some of the extra stuff I missed.

I could use of help or advice on the Cainhurst boss, Martyr something?

I just can't clear that second form alone. Are there any good tactics for getting past this. I'll take cheesing if there is a way. I'm at work wo I can't give my specs but I'm using Hunter's Axe for life. I felt really strong in Cainhurst and didn't have any issues until I got to the boss. I'd rather not grind more but this guy is whooping my ass once he goes to form 2.

Someone else said parry, but aside from one earlier attempt witha different charactrer where I though the seemed hard, this vid shows you can basically do him first try. I would go for the quicker attacks with the onehanded axe and not go for charge attacks unless you have a gem for it or something crazy. Punish his charge ups. Be relentless until you are in danger of dying, then heal and go again. I admit I came here late in teh game and usually dont give myself that much health, but the frggin defiled dungeons changed that strat in a hurry! ;)

Soulhouf

Alright I'm done with my main char, so Now I'll create a Skill/Bloodtinge, Do you guys have any guides? weapons to get? lvling? routes to proceed within the game? and tips like that, Also, what starting class should I pick.

My advise is make a pure bloodtinge build and don't bother with skill. That's the most fun (and powerful) build I've ever had.
That means you'll only be using a Chikage (mainly in 2H form) in melee but it's so good.

Well, obviously Miyazaki himself. The part about Rom being female came from him, so we know it's true. The part about Rom being a former Byrgenweth student or scholar, where does that come from? The wiki doesn't source it. If it's from the same interview, they should have linked it, no? The next bit of lore about enlightenment is purely speculative interpretation on their part and honestly doesn't even make any sense.

The bigger evidence about Rom not always being a Great One, comes from Micolash Cage, he says that Kos grant Rom "eyes", thus making evident that it wasn't always a Great One.

Everything else is speculation, but I think the fact that she was human is quite clear with that quote at least.

Alright I'm done with my main char, so Now I'll create a Skill/Bloodtinge, Do you guys have any guides? weapons to get? lvling? routes to proceed within the game? and tips like that, Also, what starting class should I pick.

You can level Skill a few until you get the Chikage (cainhurst), otherwise until at that point is going to be a hard walk. I recommend the cane, even after getting the Chikage I feel it complements it quite well, since it has quite a low range and the cane is quite awesome with larger groups of enemies.

Unless you plan to PvP at lvl 80 or 90, I'd say is not really worth not lvling skill at all, that said I wouldn't past it to 25.

But yeah, a pure Bloodtinge build is very powerful.

KevinG

I ventured to
Nightmare of Mensis
, level 85, and am getting owned. I made it through the first few werewolves after several tries and then a PVP player came in and completely owned me. Should I leave and do something else? Only areas I have left are
Nightmare Frontier
(I might honesty skip this area),
Cainhurst
, and the last bosses.

I'm ready to beat this game. As I've been chipping away since launch, but have very little time to devote toward honing my skills. I might just be bad at it, since I just started playing again after a 3 month break, but I got through the
Upper Cathedral
pretty well (will revisit
Daughter of the Cosmos
).

ramyeon

I ventured to
Nightmare of Mensis
, level 85, and am getting owned. I made it through the first few werewolves after several tries and then a PVP player came in and completely owned me. Should I leave and do something else? Only areas I have left are
Nightmare Frontier
(I might honesty skip this area),
Cainhurst
, and the last bosses.

I'm ready to beat this game. As I've been chipping away since launch, but have very little time to devote toward honing my skills. I might just be bad at it, since I just started playing again after a 3 month break, but I got through the
Upper Cathedral
pretty well (will revisit
Daughter of the Cosmos
).
You are at a high enough level to beat the game now. Overlevelled for Frontier and Cainhurst, I would do them if I were you. The latter is my favourite area in the game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The bigger evidence about Rom not always being a Great One, comes from Micolash Cage, he says that Kos grant Rom "eyes", thus making evident that it wasn't always a Great One.

Everything else is speculation, but I think the fact that she was human is quite clear with that quote at least.
That's quite a leap. Even if Micolash is credible (and I wouldn't say he is, he's a complete lunatic stuck in a dreamworld of his own making and his ravings and rantings should probably be taken with a grain of salt), "Kos" granting "eyes" to Rom doesn't mean that Rom was human. Rom could have been a "Great One without eyes" (maybe that's even where the "vacuous" part comes from, he does say "like you did with vacuous Rom" doesn't he?). Rom could also have been a beast, and not a human being. Maybe she was indeed human before, mind, but I just don't see how that's so obvious. Seems like pure speculation.

Neiteio

RE: Rom:

I like the theory in the 89-page dissertation by Redgrave. It theorizes that "vacuous" refers to Rom having been an infant child — a blank slate, mentally speaking. They say every Great One loses its child and seeks a replacement. I believe Rom was an infant girl who was ascended to Great One status. It would explain why Rom is so oddly cute (and a bit helpless, for that matter). :-3

KevinG

You are at a high enough level to beat the game now. Overlevelled for Frontier and Cainhurst, I would do them if I were you. The latter is my favourite area in the game.

I went ahead and went for Cainhurst. Just a bit intimidated about the boss. He seems like everyone's hardest boss, or one of the hardest.

ramyeon

Cainhurst boss is my favourite boss in the game. Didn't find him hard at all but it differs for each player. At level 85 I can't imagine him being too much of an issue.

lol @ your username, awesome! I never noticed it before (so uh, belated welcome to GAF I guess).

You're the first to notice it I think. And thanks. :p

Cainhurst boss is my favourite boss in the game. Didn't find him hard at all but it differs for each player. At level 85 I can't imagine him being too much of an issue.

He broke my deathless boss streak in NG+. Reminded me that how even one slip can lead to your death lol.

ramyeon

You're the first to notice it I think. And thanks. :p

He broke my deathless boss streak in NG+. Reminded me that how even one slip can lead to your death lol.
Damn! Yeah slip ups can be costly :( he's so fun to fight though, love his attack patterns and the change between the first and second phases!

btw I noticed the name awhile back! Just never commented on it haha.

Damn! Yeah slip ups can be costly :( he's so fun to fight though, love his attack patterns and the change between the first and second phases!

btw I noticed the name awhile back! Just never commented on it haha.

I literally just slipped off the roof. :p Yeah his movesets are really cool, especially phase 2 where it gets really intense. That plus the Demon's Souls throwbacks made the fight really memorable.

Aha, so people did notice it. I could only think of Bloodborne and MGS while making the account and thus the name. :p

KevinG

Finished Cainhurst, and still getting creamed in Mensis. Made it the first door after many tries, saw the spiders and I noped the heck out.

Finished Cainhurst, and still getting creamed in Mensis. Made it the first door after many tries, saw the spiders and I noped the heck out.

Try running through the spider room. You can take out the little ones as they pour through the narrow exit coming after you, but the huge one won't be able to get you.

I usually just trigger them run back out the door, kill the small ones and kill the big one as he's trapped in the doorway. If you use the cane the whips jumping attack will clip through the wall if you're standing underneath him. Don't be afraid to use wall clipping to your advantage.
Finished the first layer of Pthumeru Ihyll and here's my Pthumerian Descendant fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avu10DSFEXM

mewmew42

Hi I'm planning to make a quick beast claw build

Just wondering if I may get help with the final 4 boss

Still at forbidden woods

Feel free to add psn id: DeducibleTiger

Mandelbo

Ok, is there a really good, really easy way of getting Ritual Blood (4)? I'm sick of going through dungeon after dungeon and not getting any, and the Hintertomb and Pthumerian chalices have long outstayed their welcome. I just need one more but they never seem to appear! Nothing's worse than discovering a huge, shiny coffin in a chalice dungeon only to find it has a blood vial in it :mad:

Yeah the physical damage just go to the sky in that place, really really stupid yet is for the best to re learn you have to take a look of the enviroment because in most of the sutiations is go kill those enemies then explore. You have to explore first in that place before fighting, take the spider one by one and let the big one to the last, still it have som HUGE hitboxes attack, using physical armor would be the best in this zone.

Ok, is there a really good, really easy way of getting Ritual Blood (4)? I'm sick of going through dungeon after dungeon and not getting any, and the Hintertomb and Pthumerian chalices have long outstayed their welcome. I just need one more but they never seem to appear! Nothing's worse than discovering a huge, shiny coffin in a chalice dungeon only to find it has a blood vial in it :mad:

Loran dungeon have lots of that and the chalice you found in phumerian, the inferior chalice I think have more ritual blood chalice 4.

Later on you can buy them on the vendor in the dream

EDIT, Had to turn my game in english, its the hintertomb chalice man, you have to create more of those via gylphs and farm the material from the fat guardians or the bag bros defending chest or the treasure rooms on the red doors.

There is also this video to help you farm ritual blood in lower phumeru

Mandelbo

Loran dungeon have lots of that and the chalice you found in phumerian, the inferior chalice I think have more ritual blood chalice 4.

Later on you can buy them on the vendor in the dream

I can't get to Loran because I haven't got enough ritual blood (4), and I'm not sure I've picked up an inferior chalice, but I'll take a look just to make sure.

Manu

I can't get to Loran because I haven't got enough ritual blood (4), and I'm not sure I've picked up an inferior chalice, but I'll take a look just to make sure.

You get Ritual Blood (4) on the dungeons created with Ritual Blood (3).

Then on those dungeons you get Ritual Blood (5) and so on.

At least that's how it's been for me so far.

Any
Micolash
tips? Thought he'd be a pushover, but his minions are the ones getting me.
Yeah ignore the minions and when you see him raise his hands above his head then shoot him to interrupt it, also helps to stay to his side to avoid his tentacle attack, he's a pain in the ass in NG+ oddly enough, might want to put on a rune to lessen the arcane damage.

So, is there a way to farm Insight?

These damn leeches in the upper cathedral ward had bleed me dry of insight...

I remember that those crawling creatures in the Yharnam sewers give Insight, but even with the Eye rune equipped I was only getting blood vials...:(

KevinG

Currents ascending the Loft. Might move on to the final bosses after the boss here. Am I really missing anything if I skip the Frontier? If there's a way to get through it super quick then I will do it. If I can just make it to the boss there, super quick, then I'd be up for it.

I remember that those crawling creatures in the Yharnam sewers give Insight, but even with the Eye rune equipped I was only getting blood vials...:(

Chalice Dungeons have tons of bosses, so they're a decent way of farming Insight. You'll get some for entering the boss fog and then more for beating it.

Knuf

Last night I beat
Ebrietas
, so I should have beaten every single boss besides
Gehrman, i.e. the last one, I think: in the Hunter's dream everything's on fire and the Doll tells me that Gehrman is waiting for me by the great tree
Quick advice since I haven't touched Chalice Dungeons at all yet: should I try them now or they don't matter and I can try finishing the main story first?

Last night I beat
Ebrietas
Gehrman, i.e. the last one, I think: in the Hunter's dream everything's on fire and the Doll tells me that Gehrman is waiting for me by the great tree
Quick advice since I haven't touched Chalice Dungeons at all yet: should I try them now or they don't matter and I can try finishing the main story first?

Chalice doesn't scale with NG so it doesn't matter. Have fun with
Gehrman and the best music in the game.

Yeah ignore the minions and when you see him raise his hands above his head then shoot him to interrupt it, also helps to stay to his side to avoid his tentacle attack, he's a pain in the ass in NG+ oddly enough, might want to put on a rune to lessen the arcane damage.

He got me thrice during NG+. Kosmic pain in the ass indeed.

Entering zones, boss zones, killing bosses,coop bosses, entering chalices zones can get you insight.

Insight is not really an issue in the main storyline so far, you will get a lot of them doing chalices.

Last night I beat
Ebrietas

Yes and yes, chalices dont affect the main story in anyway, outside the platinum you can get rare equipment and gems there and the chalices dont reset in game plus since the chalices have their own difficulty

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Does anyone here main the blades of mercy? I love using them so much.

I went for a threaded cane during my first run (got it to +10) but I just feel like a ninja using the blades.

Also *shakes fist at abhorrent beast*

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Depth 4-5 Chalice Dungeons are pretty much NG+ in terms of difficulty level and blood echoes output. If you're still in NG, the amounts you gain will be obscene, haha.

Manu

SUPER STRONG GHOST SPIDERS WHO CAN TRACK YOU FROM TWO ROOMS AWAY IS NOT "HARD BUT FAIR", FROM

PRETTY FUCKING FAR FROM IT, ACTUALLY

EDIT: Blood-starved Beast again? -_-

Zemm

So I completed this yesterday and am doing the chalice dungeons now. I think it's up there with Demons and Dark 1 as great games, but is there a lack of replayability? What I mean by that is I used the same weapon from start to finish, as well as armor. To me it seems like there's not any real differences between weapons and armor and you just go with what you prefer? Not a bad thing at all and I'll replay the game using a different weapon and armor set this time.

And one question, did anyone notice some enemies making a different sound when killing them? What was that?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Dodge through his attacks.

Thank you...it was still nerve wracking but for the final phase I just used bone marrow ash and kept my distance. That and BSB were two of the best fights in the game so far! Can't wait to try the defiled chalice, so far none of the BB bosses have been as intense as some of the Demon's and Dark ones and I love a really really intense boss fight.

I think this might be my first souls platinum...

I love you Miyazaki!

KevinG

Just finished the loft. Is that three ending in one play through trick still a thing? If so, I need a clear tutorial on how to do it so I don't risk screwing up my save file.

Got the platinum today. 65 hours well spent.
The queen
may end up being one of my favorite fights.

Might dive into more CDs here and there but probably going to take a break until DLC.

Top Bottom