• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Started a NG+ today but I'm not feeling it at all.
I've already seen and beaten everything optional, I honestly think the magic is gone forever. :(

I'm glad I have a save backup though for the dlc.
Maybe I should buy DS2 scholar but after watching the GB quick look it all looks so slow, not sure if I'm going to enjoy it. Shields are also new to me.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've already seen and beaten everything optional, I honestly think the magic is gone forever. :(

I'm glad I have a save backup though for the dlc.
Maybe I should buy DS2 scholar but after watching the GB quick look it all looks so slow, not sure if I'm going to enjoy it. Shields are also new to me.

For me, DS2 was initially pretty disappointing but once it got going I was hooked for a while (mainly creating loads of different builds and PvP-ing). The DLC especially is superb.

You can make some pretty fast builds and, unlike DS1, shieldless isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be.

Manu

For me, DS2 was initially pretty disappointing but once it got going I was hooked for a while (mainly creating loads of different builds and PvP-ing). The DLC especially is superb.

You can make some pretty fast builds and, unlike DS1, shieldless isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be.

I tried a shieldless build in DS1 for the first time a few weeks ago. I gave up in Anor Londo. It was too much for me.

Ferr986

Got a fine abyss gem while helping a random guy in a Chalice boss. (Phys.ATK+24,8%, Phys.ATK if full health +5,5%, stamina cost 3,3%.)

Still a lot of activity in Chalices.

I tried a shieldless build in DS1 for the first time a few weeks ago. I gave up in Anor Londo. It was too much for me.

IMO a shieldless run is easier in DS2 than 1, provided you level up ADP.

I played NG+ and NG++, started a couple of new characters (which I didn't finish) and got to the Wet Nurse with my first (SL4) character, but I've kind of fallen off the wagon too.

I'm jazzed for the DLC, but I don't think Blooborne has the longevity of the Souls games, and I admit some of that may be that I am not playing online at all, but I do think despite the combat being so much fun, I don't think it has the replayability of the previous games.

3. I realize it's a way to differentiate the feel from the Souls games but the way vials refresh only if you go back to the dream and not if you touch a lantern nor when you are victorious in Co-op has a discouraging effect on co-op.
Agree with this. Because of the loading times too, I also wanted to do more at the lamps OR have the homeward bones take you straight back to the Hunter's Dream (or have a separate item/option that does that) because a lot of loading could be cut in half that way. Bone back to lamp -> Hunters Dream is unnecessary.

This is a small but connected niggle - they added item descriptions to the loading screens because people complained about it just being the logo before; I would've preferred NPC character artwork a la Demon's Souls.

The Flash

Banned
Don't forget to get the rune tool in the room after the fight.

That's the only reason I went there first instead of taking on Amelia.

EDIT

So this happened as soon I started a resonant bell sortie...

CSSZsuSWIAAem43.jpg

I have had Bloodborne since launch. It destroyed me early on and I quit. Couldn't get past Father G.

Just beat him now on my restarted playthrough. Feels good man.

Finally beat the
Witch of Hemwick
. You think there's enough
dogs
and
executioners
there, Miyazaki?

That has been the easiest boss fight for me, by far.

Wait, are you doing NG+? There wasn't any
dogs
for me. I suppose that would make it somewhat harder. The
executioners
are easily avoidable.

It's fascinating how some bosses trouble some people yet others breeze through them. My brother killed the
Blood Starved Beast
on his first attempt, it took me at least 10 times that. Yet he kept bashing his head against the wall on the
Shadow of Yarnham
boss where I killed them in my second attempt. Yet our play styles are very similar.

The Flash

Banned
That has been the easiest boss fight for me, by far.

Wait, are you doing NG+? There wasn't any
dogs
for me. I suppose that would make it somewhat harder. The
executioners
are easily avoidable.

It's fascinating how some bosses trouble some people yet others breeze through them. My brother killed the
Blood Starved Beast
on his first attempt, it took me at least 10 times that. Yet he kept bashing his head against the wall on the
Shadow of Yarnham
boss where I killed them in my second attempt. Yet our play styles are very similar.

I should clarify. The witch was the easiest part. The things leading up to it were numerous and annoying. This is my first playthrough as well.

I have a character ready for the dlc. I'm looking forward to it, but it will conclude my time with the game.

Where have you got that character to, I put this down right after I finshed it and I don't know whether to carry on in NG+ or just start a new character but then i'm not sure how far to get in the game?

Jombie

I went to endgame, which is kind of dumb since I won't be able to test the new weapons on other bosses. I'm guessing the dlc opens shortly after beating Rom.

This is a small but connected niggle - they added item descriptions to the loading screens because people complained about it just being the logo before; I would've preferred NPC character artwork a la Demon's Souls.
Demons has the best loading screens. This games NPC's with that artwork would be great.

myco666

PGW trailer for the expansion looked good. It really cool looking new set and used the new sawblade weapon. I need the expansion now.

wiibomb

That's the only reason I went there first instead of taking on Amelia.

EDIT

So this happened as soon I started a resonant bell sortie...

CSSZsuSWIAAem43.jpg

I just realized that
Father Gascoigne
can be summoned near the
Cleric Beast
fight, that's why you got that hunter there..

and... OMG... I was seeing a video about central ward hidden things and just realized the thing that appears at 40 insight point... holy shit...

Hmm, does NG+ mean having to repair your weapons more often?
No. But if you are having to repair your weapon more often, have you recently put in a gem that makes them degrade faster?

I did it on my first character without realising, I was using one that degraded weapons 27% faster, when I realised I dropped it immediately despite the damage boost it also gave, it was just annoying having to go back to repair so often!

RiggyRob

Yeah, I always sell the Cursed Blood Gems, the benefits are just not worth the negatives, especially if it's something like health continues to deplete.

NinjaBoiX

Just killed BSB on my first try, he flails a lot but isn't really that hard.

(I did summon help but they were shit and died straight away having been barely any help so I'm counting it as a solo victory!)

I really don't know where to go now though. Old Yarnham seems complete, Cathedral Ward the same, can't find anywhere else to go in Central Yarnham, I'm lost...

wiibomb

I got to advance more into
Forbidden Woods
yesterday, I finished playing just before trying to battle some kind of luminescent blue things in a entrance by the river, I'm not so sure if I want to go and battle them since I feel the way is by the opposite direction

Just killed BSB on my first try, he flails a lot but isn't really that hard.

(I did summon help but they were shit and died straight away having been barely any help so I'm counting it as a solo victory!)

I really don't know where to go now though. Old Yarnham seems complete, Cathedral Ward the same, can't find anywhere else to go in Central Yarnham, I'm lost...

when you finish BSB, go to Central Ward, there you will find a new door open, go from there

I got to advance more into
Forbidden Woods
yesterday, I finished playing just before trying to battle some kind of luminescent blue things in a entrance by the river, I'm not so sure if I want to go and battle them since I feel the way is by the opposite direction

when you finish BSB, go to Central Ward, there you will find a new door open, go from there
I don't think that area goes anywhere too crazy, it's just an extension of the level I think, but I think you need to go to the left of the river to get to the boss. The regular blue dudes aren't much of a problem, but the ones with tendrils coming out of their heads are a pain. Pretty much kill them before you get lasered to death.

wiibomb

I don't think that area goes anywhere too crazy, it's just an extension of the level I think, but I think you need to go to the left of the river to get to the boss. The regular blue dudes aren't much of a problem, but the ones with tendrils coming out of their heads are a pain. Pretty much kill them before you get lasered to death.

yeah I manged to kill 2 of those normal ones with no problems at all, but I saw for a second one of the same guys with those tentacles extended and... I feared for my life lol.

I just turned the console off because it was too late, I'll try them again tonight

yeah I manged to kill 2 of those normal ones with no problems at all, but I saw for a second one of the same guys with those tentacles extended and... I feared for my life lol.

I just turned the console off because it was too late, I'll try them again tonight
You gotta rush their ass'. Slap on some bolt paper or something with thrust attacks and wail on them. My second character a +6 Reiterpallasch at that point in time and made them nothing more than a slight speed bump.

silva1991

Yeah, I always sell the Cursed Blood Gems, the benefits are just not worth the negatives, especially if it's something like health continues to deplete.

Most of them, but not all of them. some Cursed gems has only one negative and that is the increase in stamina cost by small percentage.

stamina is not an issue in Bloodborne unlike Demon?Dark souls so that gem is worth it imo.

wiibomb

oh I forgot to share something..

this:

Sb6v70M.jpg

I literally stared for about 3 minutes at this screen in shock... the thing appeared to me when I was crossing the bridge, the amounts of NOPE were too damn high

Does that article actually say that the DLC will be entered at Byrgenwerth? I don't know Italian but those last few words seems to imply it.

Is certainly the more likely place, after all the item that grant access to the DLC is an eye, and Byrgenwerth is one of the few places that has scattered human eyes (suposedly as part of experiments)

myco666

It kind of implies that it would be the location. Oh well only few weeks for release to see.

Is certainly the more likely place, after all the item that grant access to the DLC is an eye, and Byrgenwerth is one of the few places that has scattered human eyes (suposedly as part of experiments)

I already thought that it was going to be there but since there hasn't been any confirmation of the location just wondered if they actually mentioned in that article.

Gah, that ass-hat in the Gascoigne boss room just killed Eileen, now I'm screwed for her questline on this character :|
The best way I've managed to cope with that fight is to go in from Oedon Chapel, hit him with a poison knife from behind while standing on top of the house behind him waiting for Eileen to join in and assisting her with the fight by hitting him with knives and hitting him while he's too busy with Eileen. He hasn't killed her since I started doing it like that.

SoldnerKei

Isn't there a trapdoor that is just scenery in Bergenwerth? Maybe that's going to be the entrance.

I got nothing

actually I noticed that you can't leave notes on top of that trapdoor, pretty sure it will show a ladder like the one you get access to Cathedral Ward after fighting Father G

The best way I've managed to cope with that fight is to go in from Oedon Chapel, hit him with a poison knife from behind while standing on top of the house behind him waiting for Eileen to join in and assisting her with the fight by hitting him with knives and hitting him while he's too busy with Eileen. He hasn't killed her since I started doing it like that.

I always go for the visceral attack D: only once he was able to kill Eileen, but I think it's my fault since I landed some strikes on her lol

Yeah those two are just too chaotic sounding. You can listen to a fight and just tell somebody is in a fight to the death with some wailing, thrashing unholy monster. I think everything is quieter by comparison.

wiibomb

Yeah those two are just too chaotic sounding. You can listen to a fight and just tell somebody is in a fight to the death with some wailing, thrashing unholy monster. I think everything is quieter by comparison.

I just remembered the BSB, that one is noisy too, just not that level of noisiness.

I was actually surprised yesterday when I battled
The Shadow of Yharnam
and
Rom
, both those battles are so quiet, yet they are more of a threat than Amelia or Cleric Beast.

I think the main threat of those 2 bosses are the scare factor they can make by doing those sounds, I know they affected me in a way I though they were doing lot more just by their sounds

I just remembered the BSB, that one is noisy too, just not that level of noisiness.

I was actually surprised yesterday when I battled
The Shadow of Yharnam
and
Rom
, both those battles are so quiet, yet they are more of a threat than Amelia or Cleric Beast.

I think the main threat of those 2 bosses are the scare factor they can make by doing those sounds, I know they affected me in a way I though they were doing lot more just by their sounds
Yeah BSB is up there as well. I actually think the quieter the boss is the more dangerous they are. Ebrietas isn't that loud either, but she's fucking difficult, granted that doesn't apply for every quieter boss.

mattp

i've been out of the bloodborne loop for a little while, but now that the dlc is coming up (forgive me if this has been asked 100 times), do we have ANY idea where or when the dlc is in the game? i want to prepare before it comes out so i'm not stuck buying the dlc and then realizing i'm 25 hours away from it lol

with dark souls 1 it was easier because the pc version came out before hand, so i knew what to do

i've been out of the bloodborne loop for a little while, but now that the dlc is coming up (forgive me if this has been asked 100 times), do we have ANY idea where or when the dlc is in the game? i want to prepare before it comes out so i'm not stuck buying the dlc and then realizing i'm 25 hours away from it lol

with dark souls 1 it was easier because the pc version came out before hand, so i knew what to do

I don't think it is known, but having a save at Byrgenwerth doesn't seem like a bad idea. If new weapons are available from the start, I may just make a new guy anyway.

Top Bottom