• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Veelk

Banned
n the beginning the experience points you gain through actual knowledge of the game is the most important thing actually. You die less and less as game goes on unless you just get fucked cause of something stupid like getting caught in a corner. You can run past them and they won't chase you into the elevator room just to let you know.
Yeah, and that's what I've been doing, but now it's just fighting Father G and dying, only to go back and trek through a 4 minute path wherein I am utterly unthreatened by anything there.

I feel there's no point to it other than allowing the possibility of death before you encounter the boss, and while I wouldn't call it unfair, I would definitely say it's just unengaging.

And the Father G's beast mode is really kicking my ass and I'm getting frustrated, so I'm just going to take a break and come back to beat him next time. His beast mode attacks so frequently and viciously, I don't have time to do anything. I can't get my stamina meter up, and I can't use the box unless I'm willing to take a hit, and I can't heal. One time I died because I was standing too close when he transformed, knocking me down, only for him to lock me into an animation cycle of me trying to get up, while he double downs on his hits, killing me. I was especially mad one fight because I got him down to his very last hit point, only for him to hit me. And while I know it's possible to cheese him using the gravestones, I swear, those things are as much of hazard to me as him. I'm trying to dodge, only to get stuck on little rocks I didn't see because they were off screen.

This isn't me asking for help btw since I feel I have a general idea of what to do. It's just my present observations of design of the game.

Yeah, and that's what I've been doing, but now it's just fighting Father G and dying, only to go back and trek through a 4 minute path wherein I am utterly unthreatened by anything there.

I feel there's no point to it other than allowing the possibility of death before you encounter the boss, and while I wouldn't call it unfair, I would definitely say it's just unengaging.

And the Father G's beast mode is really kicking my ass and I'm getting frustrated, so I'm just going to take a break and come back to beat him next time. His beast mode attacks so frequently and viciously, I don't have time to do anything. I can't get my stamina meter up, and I can't use the box unless I'm willing to take a hit, and I can't heal. One time I died because I was standing too close when he transformed, knocking me down, only for him to lock me into an animation cycle of me trying to get up, while he double downs on his hits, killing me. I was especially mad one fight because I got him down to his very last hit point, only for him to hit me. And while I know it's possible to cheese him using the gravestones, I swear, those things are as much of hazard to me as him. I'm trying to dodge, only to get stuck on little rocks I didn't see because they were off screen.

This isn't me asking for help btw since I feel I have a general idea of what to do. It's just my present observations of design of the game.
I beat him like this last time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZD6I5N-Z4

Veelk

Banned

I'm hoping to resist doing that. The fact that I managed to get him down on his last legs the last time I played means I can beat him without cheese.

My last post may have come off as too negative. I'm mostly enjoying the fight, it's just once he transforms, I have trouble knowing wtf I'm suppose to do to counter his nonstop onslaught. I was hoping the music box would stagger him, and it does, but only after he knocks my ass down, and I spend his struggle animation getting up nad trying to heal myself.

As I said, I'm not really asking for help or anything. I'm happy tackling the issue on my own. Just conveying my experience thus far.

I'm hoping to resist doing that. The fact that I managed to get him down on his last legs the last time I played means I can beat him without cheese.

My last post may have come off as too negative. I'm mostly enjoying the fight, it's just once he transforms, I have trouble knowing wtf I'm suppose to do to counter his nonstop onslaught. I was hoping the music box would stagger him, and it does, but only after he knocks my ass down, and I spend his struggle animation getting up nad trying to heal myself.

As I said, I'm not really asking for help or anything. I'm happy tackling the issue on my own. Just conveying my experience thus far.
You should at the very least copy my strategy of running to the stairs when he transforms. With that form the best thing to do is just make him chase you and then just use the box while he's chasing you. It works for the most part. Here's a better non cheese NG+ fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7XIGCTQb2g

wiibomb

in my experience, every time you fail to a boss in bloodborne the less likely it is you will defeat it on that single sit, example:

The boss after father gascoigne was a real cake for me once I entered in New Game+, but for some reason I lost once to it on a new character in New Game, then twice, then thrice, and on and on... I lost to it about 10 times, and each time I did less.

so I decided to get out of the game, go walk, talk to family, be a little more social and get out of the game, when I came back, I defeated it the first time, with a fresh mind.

that same happened to me in a lot of bosses in this game, some times we game too focused on a single tactic, but if we come back later, we get a better hold of the situation

Veelk

Banned
in my experience, every time you fail to a boss in bloodborne the less likely it is you will defeat it on that single sit, example:

The boss after father gascoigne was a real cake for me once I entered in New Game+, but for some reason I lost once to it on a new character in New Game, then twice, then thrice, and on and on... I lost to it about 10 times, and each time I did less.

so I decided to get out of the game, go walk, talk to family, be a little more social and get out of the game, when I came back, I defeated it the first time, with a fresh mind.

that same happened to me in a lot of bosses in this game, some times we game too focused on a single tactic, but if we come back later, we get a better hold of the situation

Totally. This happens to me in all games. It's most noticeable in platformers. I had a stage in Super Meat Boy that I couldn't get past for an hour and a half before I finally called it quits. Went back to it a day alter, I get it on the 3rd try.

I think at some point, you do something so many times, you stop paying attention to it. In most cases, this is a sign of growing expertise, but for whatever reason you haven't encoded the response of it in your mind properly yet. So you see it coming, but don't respond to it properly until your mind is rested. Then you do.

That said, I could probably make this fight easier for me than I have been. I can do one weapon upgrade on my cane, having found some bloodshards. But I'm not going to. It's a grudge match now. Father Gascoigne is going down with myself equipped as I am now.

mstevens

Stat question: I use the saw cleaver which I know is based more on my str than skill. I have 50 str right now and had 25 skill. I had 8 levels to use and I compared using them, and doing skill 8 times raised my attack like 10 compared to only like 4 when I tried raising str 8 times. I know that my str is hard capped, but my skill is soft capped so I figured str would still do more benefit. Does that mean that I should raise skill to hard cap before leveling str more? Or is there something going on behind the scenes that's too meta for me?

Thanks!

Dahbomb

If you can beat the first phase then you can use the following few tactics in the next stage:

*Use the music box, circle around to his back and charge R2 to back stab him then attack with R1 to initiate a visceral attack. This will do lots of damage. If you are using the Cane weapon then make sure you are in the sword form.

*Once he's back now is the time to keep your distance and try to stagger/parry him with the gun. When he's lunging at you shoot when he's about to hit you (or whatever else attack). Usually what will happen is that you will trade (he will hit you but you will get him to stagger) and when this happen you dash up with O and quickly initiate a visceral attack to gain all of your health back.

*Toss some Oil + Molotovs on his beast form, it's weak to fire also.

*Try to take the fights up the stairs on the flat area. It's very easy to get stuck in those tombs or other objects which will mean an easy kill him for him.

The 2nd stage is pretty difficult to defeat without parrying. He attacks relentlessly without many holes which is why the parry tactic is most effective. It's really scary trying to parry him when he's going wild like that but you will finish the fight quick with this method.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
You should at the very least copy my strategy of running to the stairs when he transforms. With that form the best thing to do is just make him chase you and then just use the box while he's chasing you. It works for the most part. Here's a better non cheese NG+ fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7XIGCTQb2g

I've never found running to the stairs to be very effective unless you're desperate for a breather. Often he can do his jump attack and catch you completely off guard, which can lead to a bitter end.

Best thing to do in my experience is
Here's my recent take on Gascoigne on a new Skill-based alt. (Fight starts at 22mins~)
I'm by no means godlike, and the first half of the fight is very cheesy, but I'm pleased with how his beast form went.

Use the music box as soon as you see him transform (make sure you keep your distance when you think he might be close to transforming).
He'll finish transforming and immediately go into agony, where you can score a few free hits. (I kind of fluffed this bit in the battle above.)

After that, you just need to bait any of his attacks and go for the gun parry to stagger and finish him off. I got lucky here, but his flurry attack is particularly easy to stagger, as he just goes nuts. So again, create some space and calmly take the shot.

Granted, a Skill build benefits from more powerful visceral attacks, but this isn't high level, and one more hit or molotov after the parry should be enough to finish him off.

Also note that I didn't use the music box until he transformed, which let me get the maximum possible damage during his human form. (This has probably been mentioned before, but I feel it's a crucial aspect for people having trouble with this fight.)

Hope some of that helps :)

Edit: Dahbomb has the right idea getting a backstab while he's tripping from the song. 2 viscerals should be enough to finish him off if you haven't used the music box before beast mode.

RiggyRob

Hah, that Molotov whiff on the stairs is exactly what pimmsy did once trying to heal during the fight too, she got really annoyed at herself.

Man, it's hard to edit these clips when she refused to go straight to Henryk after talking to Eileen and ended up dying a few more times to the church servants. I suppose I could keep it all in, but then it'd be like 10 minutes long, and I'd prefer to keep the clips below 5 minutes if possible. Might be better to just have the fighting parts I guess since that's the interesting bit.

By the way, apparently you need 100 subscribers to get a custom YouTube URL, which is news to me.

Since my original character is now in NG+, I started a new character with intention of going to DLC with this one. My old character was a quality build with Saw Cleaver and Ludvig's Holy Sword (+ cannon). The new character is skill-build with possibility of adding bloodtinge as I level up, but my goal is to have Threaded Cane + Blade of Mercy.

I have cleared the two bosses in Central Yarnham, I have explored the area around Chapel, opened up the gate upwards (haven't gone up the big stairs yet), and I'm heading towards Old Yarnham. I'm LOVING this build this far, I always felt the massive sword was a bit clunky, I like the faster movements and flexibility of threaded cane. I might even go for chalice dungeon depth 4 and 5 with this build.

So, I do have a question. Not taking DLC into account, I was wondering about bloodtinge. How much should I invest in it? I was wondering about Chikage mostly, how much bloodtinge should I have to make it worth it? Also, does bloodtinge make firearms a viable way of dealing damage? Currently my firearm is purely a parry enabler.

Dahbomb

I was wondering about Chikage mostly, how much bloodtinge should I have to make it worth it? Also, does bloodtinge make firearms a viable way of dealing damage? Currently my firearm is purely a parry enabler.
You probably want to make two different characters for that, one focused on Skill and the other on Bloodtinge (unless you plan to be above the 120 level in that case it doesn't matter).

You want as much Bloodtinge as possible for Chikage and yeah firearms (particularly Evelyn) because viable damage dealers with Bloodtinge + Bone Ash. But you want 50 points in Bloodtinge.

You can still go 30 points in Skill and then 50 in Bloodtinge afterwards.

Veelk

Banned
Just out of curiousity, how fast does leveling work? I'm at level 20 as of now, but I've mostly poured my points into Skill and Vitality, with a little in Endurance and 1 point into Bloodtinge so I could use repeater pistol. I am thinking of using Reiterpallasch as one of my mains weapons, but I will need to start leveling up Bloodtinge if it's gonna be useful.

I'm guessing that later and larger enemies give you more Blood Echoes, right? But does it keep pace with the leveling system? Would I be able able to get my character to have around 50 in all areas (or whatever the softcap for the levels is) within the first playthrough of the game, or is that only for the characters who grinded through to NG+? How many stats am I reasonably able to level up to the plateau?

Dahbomb

Just out of curiousity, how fast does leveling work? I'm at level 20 as of now, but I've mostly poured my points into Skill and Vitality, with a little in Endurance and 1 point into Bloodtinge so I could use repeater pistol. I am thinking of using Reiterpallasch as one of my mains weapons, but I will need to start leveling up Bloodtinge if it's gonna be useful.

I'm guessing that later and larger enemies give you more Blood Echoes, right? But does it keep pace with the leveling system? Would I be able able to get my character to have around 50 in all areas (or whatever the softcap for the levels is) within the first playthrough of the game, or is that only for the characters who grinded through to NG+?
Yeah it keeps pace. You will be able to reach 50 in some categories by the time you beat the game but not multiples. That's for NG+ if you choose to do so. It's not uncommon for people to finish the game around lvl100 yet others can finish it in under lvl70.

As far as the Reiterpallasch weapon goes, it has poor scaling with Bloodtinge so it's basically just a Skill weapon. If you want to main that weapon then keep putting points into Skill as it has an A ranking at lvl10.

Laws00

As I said in another thread

Like literately

I really fucking forgot how to play this game.

I don't know what the hell happened. I need to get good again seriously wtf

I need to play from the beginning or something and get my groove back. Getting platinum not playing the game really threw me off. Now I don't even remember how I approach enemies anymore let alone bosses now

This DLC is messing with me big time

You probably want to make two different characters for that, one focused on Skill and the other on Bloodtinge (unless you plan to be above the 120 level in that case it doesn't matter).

You want as much Bloodtinge as possible for Chikage and yeah firearms (particularly Evelyn) because viable damage dealers with Bloodtinge + Bone Ash. But you want 50 points in Bloodtinge.

You can still go 30 points in Skill and then 50 in Bloodtinge afterwards.

Thanks.

I think I'll build up skill, endurance and vitality at first and see how my character and play-style shape up. If I see myself going to NG+ and perhaps even NG++, I'll start investing in bloodtinge too.

Dahbomb

Thanks.

I think I'll build up skill, endurance and vitality at first and see how my character and play-style shape up. If I see myself going to NG+ and perhaps even NG++, I'll start investing in bloodtinge too.
Endurance is capped at 40 where as Skill and Vitality are capped at 50. There are soft caps at 25 for Skill and 30 for Vitality but they still give ample amount of stats until 50.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah it keeps pace. You will be able to reach 50 in some categories by the time you beat the game but not multiples. That's for NG+ if you choose to do so. It's not uncommon for people to finish the game around lvl100 yet others can finish it in under lvl70.

As far as the Reiterpallasch weapon goes, it has poor scaling with Bloodtinge so it's basically just a Skill weapon. If you want to main that weapon then keep putting points into Skill as it has an A ranking at lvl10.

How do you determine what the scaling with weapons is? Does it say it somewhere or...?

Dahbomb

How do you determine what the scaling with weapons is? Does it say it somewhere or...?
You can look at the weapon and there's a letter grade on them for each stat. Though it only shows their current scaling and not what it will be at +10. You have to look for it online.

However if something has like a C/B rating for a stat starting out then you pretty much know it will be like A/S rating by +10. With some exceptions of course.

Veelk

Banned
You can look at the weapon and there's a letter grade on them for each stat. Though it only shows their current scaling and not what it will be at +10. You have to look for it online.

However if something has like a C/B rating for a stat starting out then you pretty much know it will be like A/S rating by +10. With some exceptions of course.

I see. Okay, but regarding that weapon I mentioned before. Reiterpallasch is able to fire off bullets since it's transformation ability is turning into a gun. The weapon itself doesn't scale with bloodtinge, but doesn't it need to be high for the bullets to be effective?

Dahbomb

I see. Okay, but regarding that weapon I mentioned before. Reiterpallasch is able to fire off bullets since it's transformation ability is turning into a gun. The weapon itself doesn't scale with bloodtinge, but doesn't it need to be high for the bullets to be effective?
It's not worth it, the scaling isn't high enough for you to get enough value off of it. At best you would go for 50 Skill, 25 Bloodtinge.

Now if it was the Evelyn it would be a different story.

There are very weapons in the game that can actually be specced to provide good long range damage. And rightfully so because the ones that are whoop a lot of the content in the game. They had to nerf the Cannon because it would destroy everything.

Veelk

Banned
It's not worth it, the scaling isn't high enough for you to get enough value off of it. At best you would go for 50 Skill, 25 Bloodtinge.

Now if it was the Evelyn it would be a different story.

There are very weapons in the game that can actually be specced to provide good long range damage. And rightfully so because the ones that are whoop a lot of the content in the game. They had to nerf the Cannon because it would destroy everything.

That's essentially my next question. I went and picked out the weapons I wanted to get before you explained the whole scaling thing. Coincidentally, they are all weapons I was gonna get anyway, so it looks like I have an affinity toward a skill build. That's convenient.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with my firearm though. I want something that's useful for staggering enemies, but I have no idea if I need to get Bloodtinge up for that to be effective. Help with that?

Edit: I found 2 weapons that might work for me. The Fist of something and the Loch Shield. If I'm not going to do my bloodtinge stat any good, they might not be reliant on that. They're both Old Hunter DLC, which I purchased. Will I be able to get them in the main game?

Dahbomb

That's essentially my next question. I went and picked out the weapons I wanted to get before you explained the whole scaling thing. Coincidentally, they are all weapons I was gonna get anyway, so it looks like I have an affinity toward a skill build. That's convenient.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with my firearm though. I want something that's useful for staggering enemies, but I have no idea if I need to get Bloodtinge up for that to be effective. Help with that?

Edit: I found 2 weapons that might work for me. The Fist of something and the Loch Shield. If I'm not going to do my bloodtinge stat any good, they might not be reliant on that. They're both Old Hunter DLC, which I purchased. Will I be able to get them in the main game?
No you don't need to put in more points into Bloodtinge to improve their staggering capability. It just increases their damage.

I don't know anything about the new DLC weapons still haven't beaten it yet.

IMO the best Skill weapon is the Blade of Mercy. It's hard to acquire but it's quite something. Make sure you finish the Eileen questline (find her in Yarnham before killing the Father).

Veelk

Banned
No you don't need to put in more points into Bloodtinge to improve their staggering capability. It just increases their damage.

I don't know anything about the new DLC weapons still haven't beaten it yet.

IMO the best Skill weapon is the Blade of Mercy. It's hard to acquire but it's quite something. Make sure you finish the Eileen questline (find her in Yarnham before killing the Father).

Ah. Good to know about the staggering ability. I don't need it to do damage, just knock enemies off their feet. I was also warned about getting Eileen before. I'll get her.

The main 4 weapons I want. But since Burial Blade is out of reach until I beat the game, It's a three-way fight for 2 space between the Threaded Cane, Blade of Mercy, and Reiterpallasch. I'm somewhat an aesthetic player, trying to create a character that fits into the world as well as trying to be practical. Otherwise, I'd have gone for trying to get the giant Moonlight Sword. I will eventually just make a Gut's character, but that won't be in bloodborne. So a steampunk Rapier that turns into a pistol appeals most to me, even if the BoM might be better. Though they certainly fit as well, and might serve as the alternate secondary between that and my Pimp Cane of Justice. It's a shame I choose military veteran as my class, since I now have nothing to do with the strength stat. Should have gone for Troubled Childhood or Professional class, since those seem more inline with what I'm going for.

myco666

You have very long way to those DLC weapons. Fist of Gratia seems to be rather useless but need more testing to see if it is woth it. Loch Shield is only good for projectiles as any melee attack will blow your stamina away opening you for more hits.

Jinaar

Man, haven't played in a while, but since the DLC is here, thought best to start a new character and work my way and skills up to a point that the DLC is doable.

Got to the BSB last night. Got wrecked a few times, even with the help of Alfred. Realized my armor had poor Poison resist, upped that. Then had to up the Axe with dmg. Done. Finally took out the BSB. The poison is really the key in that fight if you get hit and start to die from it. Have to work on my stun on that boss too.

But in the end, it dead. Onward ho! Boy I love this game.

I still can't decide what to do about the DLC, I finished it and went over the NG+ and I checked last night and i'm only level 84 and in terms of gems i'm not that great as I didn't do anything with the chalice dungeons and wouldn't have a clue where to even start. I don't know if i've got it in me to start a new character from scratch either though, I think I maybe a bit "Soulsed" out after finishing BB/DS1/DS 2 SOTFS and getting halfway through NG+ on both Dark ones, it's a dilemma that's for sure.

Veelk

Banned
AHA! Victory! And without cheesing it too! Though I did use the Tombstones for cover from his shotgun, but I figured that's fair given the number of times the inconvienent placing of them has screwed me over instead. Parrying made all the difference in the world in the end, and I managed to finish him off with a visceral attack to make it extra cinematic.

Question: what do I do about the young girl side quest? Apparent, all I get is a ribbon for the little white ghost dudes, either a white one or a red one. On the other hand, I can use the brooch to strengthen my weapons. I usually help people out in RPG's, but it seems like a clear winner is to keep it, in terms of rewards.

AHA! Victory! And without cheesing it too! Though I did use the Tombstones for cover from his shotgun, but I figured that's fair given the number of times the inconvienent placing of them has screwed me over instead. Parrying made all the difference in the world in the end, and I managed to finish him off with a visceral attack to make it extra cinematic.

Question: what do I do about the young girl side quest? Apparent, all I get is a ribbon for the little white ghost dudes, either a white one or a red one. On the other hand, I can use the brooch to strengthen my weapons. I usually help people out in RPG's, but it seems like a clear winner is to keep it, in terms of rewards.
Congratulations. After a very key point in the middle of the game go back to that girls house with the ribbon.

There are two incomes right now, you can keep it or give it to her, giving the item to her will end the sidequest, keeping the item will give you a gem that could help you for a little time and continue the sidequest, the next step continue later on

Veelk

Banned
There are two incomes right now, you can keep it or give it to her, giving the item to her will end the sidequest, keeping the item will give you a gem that could help you for a little time and continue the sidequest, the next step continue later on

So the sidequest finishes the same either way? I don't get it. What is the point of the ribbons?

Also, I just bought Father Gascoigne's clothes and did I make a mistake? It has a lower DEF than my hunter garb, but against thrusts and blunt attacks, it's higher. So did I just screw myself out of insight for no good reason, or did I get good armor?

Also, what in the FUCK killed me when I got Hunter set B? I just got it, turned on the menu to put it on, and next thing I know, I'm floating in the air, the text saying I'm going into a frenzy, then dying. wat.

myco666

So the sidequest finishes the same either way? I don't get it. What is the point of the ribbons?

Also, I just bought Father Gascoigne's clothes and did I make a mistake? It has a lower DEF than my hunter garb, but against thrusts and blunt attacks, it's higher. So did I just screw myself out of insight for no good reason, or did I get good armor?

Also, what in the FUCK killed me when I got Hunter set B? I just got it, turned on the menu to put it on, and next thing I know, I'm floating in the air, the text saying I'm going into a frenzy, then dying. wat.

You can give ribbons to your messenger in Hunters Dream so they can wear it.

FG attire set has highest poison resist and trust me you will need it in the next area. It is very good set to buy. Also sets are way more about 'fashion' than the stats in this game.

Yeah that is something you will know later. Just ignore it at this moment.

Manu

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As for the armor: Just wear whatever armor you think looks good. Armor stats in this game are negligible for the most part.

wiibomb

you are in for a treat when you discover what was that, but keep on going..

the souls games are very well known for those "fuck you" moments

Dahbomb

Father G armor has better poison resistances. You will realize soon that armors generally specialize in something usually some form of resistance. So that armor is actually pretty good in some areas.

Thyis is the GGGGGGGAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE we play.

noomi

I really wish there was a way to return from NG+ :(

Now I have to beat the whole game in order to get to the DLC again.

I really wish there was a way to return from NG+ :(

Now I have to beat the whole game in order to get to the DLC again.

I think there is no point of replaying the DLC with the same character since and you can get all weapons in one run, unless you mess up the sidequest for the rune and two hunters tools

myco666

Okay now I got the best PVP match ever.(dlc spoilers)
Squid form vs Beast form.
I guess I am maining this playstyle now. Do I need to go through Chalices to get good Arcane gems?

There are some good arcanes gems on the lost woods emmisaries and the DLC
on the fish ladies second area where the whitelanters area.....I dont remember so well my brain blocked the recents events on the last part lol

Veelk

Banned
I decided to look over some trailers for Dark Souls and Demons Souls just to get a taste of what will come later. I have two main thoughts on it:

1. I really hope we get a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Remaster. I'm sure they look and operate fine on PS3 and I already have Dark Souls on PC if I ever manage to get around to upgrading it. However, having the whole series on PS4 would be super convienent.

2. I wish they would expand out of Medieval European environments more often. I mean, don't get me wrong, the art style doesn't look generic. But doing medieval times 4 separate times and doing Victorian London once kind of shows how much more they can expand creatively. How about one set in a Japanese environment? Or a dark version of the middle eastern mythologies? Lots of potential in a whole bunch of different places.

Oh, and also, are Dark Souls 1 and 2 interconnected in some way? Can we expect 3 to be interconnected with the previous 2 as a result?

2. I wish they would expand out of Medieval European environments more often. I mean, don't get me wrong, the art style doesn't look generic. But doing medieval times 4 separate times and doing Victorian London once kind of shows how much more they can expand creatively. How about one set in a Japanese environment? Or a dark version of the middle eastern mythologies? Lots of potential in a whole bunch of different places.

Oh, and also, are Dark Souls 1 and 2 interconnected in some way? Can we expect 3 to be interconnected with the previous 2 as a result?
2. You will probably get your wish as Miyazaki (head of From and main dude behind Souls) has said Dark Souls 3 is the last in the series (though probably not last in this style of game, like Bloodborne).

DS1 and 2 are connected and DS3 is absolutely expected to be also, in fact it is from what we've already seen.

myco666

I decided to look over some trailers for Dark Souls and Demons Souls just to get a taste of what will come later. I have two main thoughts on it:

1. I really hope we get a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Remaster. I'm sure they look and operate fine on PS3 and I already have Dark Souls on PC if I ever manage to get around to upgrading it. However, having the whole series on PS4 would be super convienent.

I agree with 2. This is why I actually adore Bloodborne so much over Souls series and don't really even care that much Dark Souls 3
yeah sure like I am not going to buy overpriced collectors edition of it
. I would really like them to just use the base mechanics and add some new twists to it like what BB did and get some interesting new setting.

Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 are interconnected and Dark Souls 3 is connected to them also. Really hard to say how much at the moment but I would assume rather heavily.

Veelk

Banned
Would I be doing a disservice to the story if I went about dark souls out of order? Or is it important that I play 1 -> 2 -> 3?

myco666

Would I be doing a disservice to the story if I went about dark souls out of order? Or is it important that I play 1 -> 2 -> 3?

You need to go pretty deep into the lore if you want to see any connections so I would say that you can play them in any order you want.

Top Bottom