• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

weshes195

So, been playing (and loving) Dark Souls 1 and 2 and just randomly decided to buy this. It is still downloading (like only 5 percent in an hour) but from hearing how great it is, I am really excited!

I am actually kinda nervous. The main reason why I was so interested is that, while amazingly creative, the enemies in Dark Souls 1 and 2 weren't really that scary. Well, I guess some of them (most of the bugs ones and a few others) were, but not like "terrifyingly turn off the console" scary. From what I have seen, it looks like there are all sorts of monsters!

So excited!

myco666

Recently picked this back up and continued my second character...

Man I forgot how much the
hunter
trio of death sucked.

They are bunch of dicks for sure. You can just ignore them and never be bothered by them again. Also if you want to kill them concentrate on one since they don't respawn. Makes it much easier when you have to deal with less guys.

Yes. I am best at videogames. I am seriously confused how the hell I got stuck and even got alive out of it. Never had that happen before.
If you think that's bad I got caught on one of her tentacles in a video and she lifted me up in the air and then she dropped me. You can see me pausing briefly in the video trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
Recently picked this back up and continued my second character...

Man I forgot how much the
hunter
trio of death sucked.
I got so good at picking them off separately that I don't even consider that part hard anymore.

J Jizzle

Any tips for this fella at the top of
Cainhurst castle?
(LOCATION SPOILER)

I don't want to grind as I feel I should be able to beat him at my level (70)

embalm

Any tips for this fella at the top of
Cainhurst castle?
(LOCATION SPOILER)

I don't want to grind as I feel I should be able to beat him at my level (70)
Parry shots work well, but be careful you leave yourself wide open for one of his combos if you mess up. Viscerals work on him as well, but I found it very hard to get off a charged up attack on him so I don't recommend them.
Use the towers to protect yourself from his magic attacks and charge attacks when you need to heal.
Dodge left and towards him when he is going to use his close range skull blast. Dodge right and towards him when he is charging from the sky.
Always take out the sword that makes it rain swords as quickly as possible.

J Jizzle

Parry shots work well, but be careful you leave yourself wide open for one of his combos if you mess up. Viscerals work on him as well, but I found it very hard to get off a charged up attack on him so I don't recommend them.
Use the towers to protect yourself from his magic attacks and charge attacks when you need to heal.
Dodge left and towards him when he is going to use his close range skull blast. Dodge right and towards him when he is charging from the sky.
Always take out the sword that makes it rain swords as quickly as possible.

Thanks! Didn't even realise I could take those swords out!

myco666

If you think that's bad I got caught on one of her tentacles in a video and she lifted me up in the air and then she dropped me. You can see me pausing briefly in the video trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

I actually remember that video. Laughed when you just stopped moving even if the fight continued normally. I've actually starting to learn how to dodge the charge but it needs that certain distance for it to work.

I actually remember that video. Laughed when you just stopped moving even if the fight continued normally. I've actually starting to learn how to dodge the charge but it needs that certain distance for it to work.
I don't think I've fought her enough to really get the dodge distance for it, that and there's always a lot of time between my fights with her. One of my favorite fights, but damn I hate that charge.

RiggyRob

Ludwig. Holy. Fuck.

Wait, what corpse?!

Micolash
's corpse, in the building in front of the lamp. You've already reached the
Nightmare of Mensis
though, don't worry about it.

Hard if you find early, hard if you go later, Boss is still a joke in both situations

Hard if you go early, easier when you find the Poison resistance +200/Frenzy resistance +200 rune in Forbidden Woods.

RiggyRob

Episode 13, Pimmsy vs. Celestial Emissary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsviYUoEaQA

Rifle Spear's thrust damage utterly murders kin enemies, so it's no surprise that this is the shortest video of the lot. It's most definitely her favourite weapon at this point.

For looking quite intimidating, especially with the tendrils out, Celestial Emissary is not all that tough.

Veelk

Banned
No but you can help other people kill the boss and get the Souls that way.

Well you can also replay them on new game+ though.

Nah, I was just hoping to maybe try to beat Amelia solo, since I didn't know she was actually super hard without an AI partner. I was curious to see if I could retry her but do it solo.

Nah, I was just hoping to maybe try to beat Amelia solo, since I didn't know she was actually super hard without an AI partner. I was curious to see if I could retry her but do it solo.
Amelia in NG+ has so much health. You should solo that to redeem yourself.

Veelk

Banned
Amelia in NG+ has so much health. You should solo that to redeem yourself.
Feh. I'll do that, but it will not be a redemption except for Amelia. If the game didn't want me to cheat, it shouldn't have not explained the summoning mechanism and that a boss was around the corner. It's her opportunity to give me a better show.

Jombie

In the middle of doing a bowblade build. Around level 59, putting most points into skill and bt; I'm having flashbacks of my WoS run.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Veelk

Banned
I tried to use 2 hours of break I had between studying for a test and writing a paper to try and get back into it after like a week of not playing. I didn't progress much. Any bloodechoes I got, I lost before I could make use of. Problem is that I'm not sure where to go from here on out. Left to the grand cathedral is this wierd tunnel of grave stones that lead to a cemetery. When I noticed that it was particularly creepy looking, even relative to the rest of the game, I was like "I don't know if this area is quite ready for my winning personality and unstoppable charisma yet, but..." then I went in further, where some scythe carrying looking spectre appeared and I was about to fight him, but a dog with a crescent moon blade in it's mouth killed me in one hit. Yup, definitely not ready.

Then I tried going to the right of the cemetary, where I found a hunter that was using an electric mace. Coolio. He was tough, but I actually beat him. Then I met like the worst possible hunter troll. He just had a wide spread shotgun that he spammed at me from a distant, and I have to try and get close as he runs around. Very annoying to fight. Maybe not impossible, but I didn't want to deal with the headache.

So I went down to Old Yharnam, where I met what I thought would be a nice man. I mean, he's trying to protect me, telling me it's a dangerous town and all, but of course I can handle myself. Then he's all "You cannot die to the beasts. So I will kill you myself." WHAT A NICE DUDE! Killing me so I don't have to die. So generous.

I don't really know how to proceed from here, tbh. The normal enemies of the Old Yarn are very easy, and the other two seem a bit out of my league, so I'm guessing I level up before I go there. I'll have to figure out what to do about that gun though. I'm mostly worried I'm missing some side quest though, but I don't want to check if I have.

I tried to use 2 hours of break I had between studying for a test and writing a paper to try and get back into it after like a week of not playing. I didn't progress much. Any bloodechoes I got, I lost before I could make use of. Problem is that I'm not sure where to go from here on out. Left to the grand cathedral is this wierd tunnel of grave stones that lead to a cemetery. When I noticed that it was particularly creepy looking, even relative to the rest of the game, I was like "I don't know if this area is quite ready for my winning personality and unstoppable charisma yet, but..." then I went in further, where some scythe carrying looking spectre appeared and I was about to fight him, but a dog with a crescent moon blade in it's mouth killed me in one hit. Yup, definitely not ready.

Then I tried going to the right of the cemetary, where I found a hunter that was using an electric mace. Coolio. He was tough, but I actually beat him. Then I met like the worst possible hunter troll. He just had a wide spread shotgun that he spammed at me from a distant, and I have to try and get close as he runs around. Very annoying to fight. Maybe not impossible, but I didn't want to deal with the headache.

So I went down to Old Yharnam, where I met what I thought would be a nice man. I mean, he's trying to protect me, telling me it's a dangerous town and all, but of course I can handle myself. Then he's all "You cannot die to the beasts. So I will kill you myself." WHAT A NICE DUDE! Killing me so I don't have to die. So generous.

I don't really know how to proceed from here, tbh. The normal enemies of the Old Yarn are very easy, and the other two seem a bit out of my league, so I'm guessing I level up before I go there. I'll have to figure out what to do about that gun though. I'm mostly worried I'm missing some side quest though, but I don't want to check if I have.

There's another path that you can go that you didn't mention, so be sure to explore a bit more.

And Old Yharnam guy didn't say anything about not wanting you to be killed. He doesn't want you killing the beasts. Well you started killing them, and that's why he got pissed and started shooting at you.

Jombie

Hemwick (the cemetery) isn't that bad and has a joke boss, and after defeating it you can pick up a tool that lets you equip runes. You also get a ton of upgrade materials.

I would ignore the npc in Old Yharnam for now, and go through and defeat the boss. It will give you a chance to level up a bit and upgrade your weapon before Amelia and your next bit of progression.

Go first to the cementery it will give you a tool for runes and makes the journey a bit easier, Old Yharman hunters is quite ironic since the beasts wants you dead and he wants you dead because the beast are not hostile at all on his eyes.

Dahbomb

I think he just wants to protect the beasts.

In any case you want to go through the cemetery area first before going to Old Yarnham. Technically both of these areas are optional but each unlock decent stuff. The path where you fought those Hunters is also a place you shouldn't visit yet. Once you beat the bosses in those area you want to go to the place near the Grand Cathedral where it asked you for a password to proceed.

Also I am not sure if you have progressed in the Eileen side quest yet because you are supposed to go back to where you faught Father G. If you haven't done that yet then do it now.

Veelk

Banned
I think he just wants to protect the beasts.

In any case you want to go through the cemetery area first before going to Old Yarnham. Technically both of these areas are optional but each unlock decent stuff. The path where you fought those Hunters is also a place you shouldn't visit yet. Once you beat the bosses in those area you want to go to the place near the Grand Cathedral where it asked you for a password to proceed.

Also I am not sure if you have progressed in the Eileen side quest yet because you are supposed to go back to where you faught Father G. If you haven't done that yet then do it now.
Yeah, I already took care of Henryk. I remember you saying there was something else to it, but I haven't met up with her yet.

I guess I'll go check out the graveyard then.

Also, am I gonna encounter a new skill weapon anytime soon? I love my pimp cane, but I want to get my rapier/blade of mercy already.

Dahbomb

Yeah, I already took care of Henryk. I remember you saying there was something else to it, but I haven't met up with her yet.

Also, am I gonna encounter a new skill weapon anytime soon? I love my pimp cane, but I want to get my rapier/blade of mercy already.
When you beat Henryk, Eileen should've been in that area too and you needed to talk to her. You may or may not have done that.

Blade of Mercy you get pretty later on. Saw Cleaver, Rifle Spear and Saw Blade might be available to you in the shop maybe, I forget weapon locations.

Jombie

You can get the reiterpallasch fairly soon after Amelia.

You can get the reiterpallasch fairly soon after Amelia.
He still needs to go through the Forbidden Woods, which clearly he hasn't done yet. Veelk, go fight those thin dudes with the sacks, it'll probably kill you, have fun. If you don't want that you need to go through the cemetery without getting Robocopped to get to a new area.

Top Bottom