• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

RiggyRob

Sometimes Micolash will charge up his spell before you even enter the ring and kill you as you're falling. I managed to watch that Tri Hunter fight, damage, she got fucking rushed in the beginning.

Hah, I had no idea! I suppose you could cheese him yourself by using Poison Knives above him, but that takes a lot of fun out of it.

Yeah, she got lucky in that she dodged the Tiny Tonitrus bolt that killed her last time and she managed to power through the Flamesprayer hits. I wonder if it's possible to legitimately take them on 3 v 1.

Hah, I had no idea! I suppose you could cheese him yourself by using Poison Knives above him, but that takes a lot of fun out of it.

Yeah, she got lucky in that she dodged the Tiny Tonitrus bolt that killed her last time and she managed to power through the Flamesprayer hits. I wonder if it's possible to legitimately take them on 3 v 1.
I have never tried to kill them 3 on 1 and I have a decent method for them any way that keeps me from having to go 3 on 1. Micolash on NG+ can be really cheesy with that A Call Beyond and it hits hard.

Szadek

Finally defeated Logarius again.
He was a lot harder this time around,because last time I used blades of mercy and it was a lot easier to hit him without taking damage.
With the wheel or Tonitrus it was a lot harder. I actually had to learn how to counter attack his attacks.

The only boss before the DLC left now is Gehrman.
I don't remember that he hits this hard, but I will take him out soon enough.

Can anyone help me with defiled watchdog? I can't seem to beat him. I'll send a password if you can :)
I suggest playing it super safe. Don't attack,unless you are 100% sure you can get away with it.

manfestival

so I finally beat the game. The final boss really was the most annoying boss since the first boss of the game lol. The second to last boss was pretty cool too. I dont have any desire to play the game again though. Kinda wish there was a pvp arena somewhere

so I finally beat the game. The final boss really was the most annoying boss since the first boss of the game lol. The second to last boss was pretty cool too. I dont have any desire to play the game again though. Kinda wish there was a pvp arena somewhere

G
erhman or Moon Presence?
Did you played the DLC?

Dmax3901

So I decided to ignore Ebriebitch and Logaricunt for now and push through the Nightmare of Mensis. Had a lot of fun in this area, nice and straightforward and just the right amount of challenge.

Micolash went down on my second attempt, and I took down Mergo's Wet Nurse first try.

Now I have to find Gehrman near a big tree?

I appear to be near the end of the game, should I deal with all the other optional bosses before trying to find Gehrman?

myco666

So I decided to ignore Ebriebitch and Logaricunt for now and push through the Nightmare of Mensis. Had a lot of fun in this area, nice and straightforward and just the right amount of challenge.

Micolash went down on my second attempt, and I took down Mergo's Wet Nurse first try.

I appear to be near the end of the game, should I deal with all the other optional bosses before trying to find Gehrman?

Yeah don't go talk to Gehrman now. Do everything and explore every area you haven't checked etc. and then come back to ask if you missed something.

mattp

uh, holy shit, those two hunters in
the area right after ludwig are fucking HARD lol. they both have so much hp and that asshole with the cyclops powers does so much damage if the magic hits me

What level are you at? I find Logarius more than manageable in the 70 range.

Ethelwulf

Hello HunterGaf,
I started playing again a week ago after downloading The Old Hunters. I'm having a blast. I never tried the Chalice dungeons before, but I can see that there are some items that I would like to have. Do I have to play through all dungeons before entering the ones where the items I'm interested in are, or can I skip directly to them with a glyph code?

RiggyRob

Hello HunterGaf,
I started playing again a week ago after downloading The Old Hunters. I'm having a blast. I never tried the Chalice dungeons before, but I can see that there are some items that I would like to have. Do I have to play through all dungeons before entering the ones where the items I'm interested in are, or can I skip directly to them with a glyph code?

Depends on the dungeons - you need to beat Blood-Starved Beast, Amygdala and Ebrietas for 3 chalices, and then the other chalices are from killing Chalice Dungeon bosses.

We've been using this guide which has been fairly handy:
0PgTwku.jpg

DSmalls84

I'm playing through BB for the first time right now and have a skill character. I'm currently at the Cathedral Ward/Old Yharnam section farming to buy the gate key. My character is:

LVL 27 Professional
17 Vit
16 End
22 SKL
+3 Cane

Should I just keep leveling those same stats (and how high?) or should I invest any into Arcane/Bloodtinge. I was planning to use the Cane/Blades of Mercy. Also is it better to go through old yharnam or the gate first? This game has a high learning curve but I'm finally starting to understand the mechanics and enjoy it. Thanks for any help.

I'm playing through BB for the first time right now and have a skill character. I'm currently at the Cathedral Ward/Old Yharnam section farming to buy the gate key. My character is:

LVL 27 Professional
17 Vit
16 End
22 SKL
+3 Cane

Should I just keep leveling those same stats (and how high?) or should I invest any into Arcane/Bloodtinge. I was planning to use the Cane/Blades of Mercy. Also is it better to go through old yharnam or the gate first? This game has a high learning curve but I'm finally starting to understand the mechanics and enjoy it. Thanks for any help.

There is a way to avoid having to buy that key quite a big spoiler ahead so only click if you really want to know
kill blood starved beast at the end of old Yharnam and it opens the door in the Cathedral on the right, you can go through this area to come out eventually behind the gate where the lever is

Ethelwulf

LVL 27 Professional
17 Vit
16 End
22 SKL
+3 Cane

If you want to go with the Cane/Blades, you should stick to skill endurance and vitality for now. Arcane later on and for what you want, bt is pretty much a waste of points. And definitely go first to Old Yharnam, you'll see why
It is kind of optional, while the gate it's part of the story

Depends on the dungeons - you need to beat Blood-Starved Beast, Amygdala and Ebrietas for 3 chalices, and then the other chalices are from killing Chalice Dungeon bosses.

We've been using this guide which has been fairly handy:

This is fantastic! Thank you a lot.

myco666

LVL 27 Professional
17 Vit
16 End
22 SKL
+3 Cane

If you are going with Cane and BoM then getting Vit to 30, End 20-30 and Skill to 50 would be optimal. Bumping BT is only good if you go 50 with it so if you really want to use guns and two specific melee weapons then that might be good place to spend echoes. There is one good Tool for almost all builds that requires 15 Arcane IIRC so you might want to bump up to that. As for where you should go I would say Old Yharnam as you save 10k Echoes that way.

DSmalls84

Thanks for the tips. I was kind of planning to go through Old Yharnam first anyway so I could level up a bit before the Vicar Amelia encounter since I heard it was tough. How many levels does a character typically have by the end of the game?

myco666

Thanks for the tips. I was kind of planning to go through Old Yharnam first anyway so I could level up a bit before the Vicar Amelia encounter since I heard it was tough. How many levels does a character typically have by the end of the game?

I would say around Blood Level 75 is what people end up at since that is recommended level for few end game bosses. Pretty much 30/20-30/40-50 in Vit/End/damage stat.

I would say around Blood Level 75 is what people end up at since that is recommended level for few end game bosses. Pretty much 30/20-30/40-50 in Vit/End/damage stat.
I'm always in my early 90's when I beat the game...shit I do over level. I'm level 103 I think with my newer character and I kind of just stopped to take a break at that point cause I still have to beat Lady Maria and I got sick of grinding chalice dungeons. I'm not even sure how I'm beating Abhorrent Beast with a skill/arcane character. I know one thing, Gherman is fucked when I meet him, I think. I still see a death or two from him.

myco666

I'm always in my early 90's when I beat the game...shit I do over level. I'm level 103 I think with my newer character and I kind of just stopped to take a break at that point cause I still have to beat Lady Maria and I got sick of grinding chalice dungeons. I'm not even sure how I'm beating Abhorrent Beast with a skill/arcane character. I know one thing, Gherman is fucked when I meet him, I think. I still see a death or two from him.

Checked the reddit thread on what are average levels on bosses and last boss level range is 71-91 and average is 81. So not that overleveled but on the higher side definitely. I usually end up at 70 when the game ends and then I farm myself up to 90.

Oh you still haven't beaten the DLC? You still haven't fought the best boss then. Also I assume you are already aware that the Bowblade isn't Arcane weapon? I remember that you were going towards that with your build. You get really good Arcane stuff from the DLC so those might help a lot.

Checked the reddit thread on what are average levels on bosses and last boss level range is 71-91 and average is 81. So not that overleveled but on the higher side definitely. I usually end up at 70 when the game ends and then I farm myself up to 90.

Oh you still haven't beaten the DLC? You still haven't fought the best boss then. Also I assume you are already aware that the Bowblade isn't Arcane weapon? I remember that you were going towards that with your build. You get really good Arcane stuff from the DLC so those might help a lot.
Oh I fought her a couple of times, but never beat her. I was consistently able to get her into her second phase, but that phase just hits too damn hard and her attacks just have too much range, I was like "I'm fucking done." Didn't help that when I tried to parry her nothing happened. She'd hit me before I could get a shot off. Which is the good arcane stuff by the way. I think the Bowblade is better for my Skill/Bloodtinge NG+ character so I'm definitely leaning towards that weapon, also got Madras Whistle for that character as well. Is the Rakuyo a good skill weapon? I was saving up some chunks for that weapon for my current NG character or should I just +9 the Blades of Mercy instead?

myco666

Oh I fought her a couple of times, but never beat her. I was consistently able to get her into her second phase, but that phase just hits too damn hard and her attacks just have too much range, I was like "I'm fucking done." Didn't help that when I tried to parry her nothing happened. She'd hit me before I could get a shot off. Which is the good arcane stuff by the way. I think the Bowblade is better for my Skill/Bloodtinge NG+ character so I'm definitely leaning towards that weapon, also got Madras Whistle for that character as well. Is the Rakuyo a good skill weapon? I was saving up some chunks for that weapon for my current NG character or should I just +9 the Blades of Mercy instead?

Blacksky Eye which is basically a Soul Spear. Uses one QS Bullet and does decent amount of damage. Then there is Accursed Brew which works pretty much like fireball from Dark Souls (it isn't fire though). It uses two QS Bullets and at 40 Arcane it one shots those beast enemies at Mensis. Pretty good stuff. Then there is one pure Arcane weapon that you get from beating last DLC boss but I am not really sure if it is good or not. Certainly it is weird and unique though.

Lot of people seem to like Rakuyo but I didn't really care for it that much but I like it more than BoM. Didn't use it that much though so I should go around places and actually learn how it works and see if it is good or not. Church Pick was something I liked way more instantly. I would say that save the chunks until you get the Rakuyo so that you can atleast test the moveset.

Blacksky Eye which is basically a Soul Spear. Uses one QS Bullet and does decent amount of damage. Then there is Accursed Brew which works pretty much like fireball from Dark Souls (it isn't fire though). It uses two QS Bullets and at 40 Arcane it one shots those beast enemies at Mensis. Pretty good stuff. Then there is one pure Arcane weapon that you get from beating last DLC boss but I am not really sure if it is good or not. Certainly it is weird and unique though.

Lot of people seem to like Rakuyo but I didn't really care for it that much but I like it more than BoM. Didn't use it that much though so I should go around places and actually learn how it works and see if it is good or not. Church Pick was something I liked way more instantly. I would say that save the chunks until you get the Rakuyo so that you can atleast test the moveset.
I hope I didn't miss those two spells, sound interesting. I only really use the phantasm shell and the Tiny Tonitrus, which both eat bullets. Funny enough I tried to use the Tiny Tonitrus on Maria and she just fucking teleported out of the god damn way. Her weapon at least looks cool. I don't see myself using the Jojo posing Parasite of Kos at all. Looks like it slows down your dodging too much and looks slow.

RiggyRob

I hope I didn't miss those two spells, sound interesting. I only really use the phantasm shell and the Tiny Tonitrus, which both eat bullets. Funny enough I tried to use the Tiny Tonitrus on Maria and she just fucking teleported out of the god damn way. Her weapon at least looks cool. I don't see myself using the Jojo posing Parasite of Kos at all. Looks like it slows down your dodging too much and looks slow.

To make sure you don't miss them, you need to
fully complete Adeline's quest to get the Milkweed rune so you can talk to the NPC saying a poem at the start of the Fishing Hamlet to get Accursed Brew.

Blacksky Eye requires a bit of simple exploration after getting
the Balcony Key from Adeline.

To make sure you don't miss them, you need to
fully complete Adeline's quest to get the Milkweed rune so you can talk to the NPC saying a poem at the start of the Fishing Hamlet to get Accursed Brew.

Blacksky Eye requires a bit of simple exploration after getting
the Balcony Key from Adeline.
I don't think I've made any progress with her. All I did was give her one brain fluid so far. I guess I have to kill Maria to get further in her quest?

myco666

Use ACB on her. That should hit all the time and best case scenario you get 1000+ damage out of it. That second and third phase are probably coolest things in all of Bloodborne.

KP is pretty slow thats for sure. Not sure if it actually changes dashing/dodging speed that much.

edit.
I don't think I've made any progress with her. All I did was give her one brain fluid so far. I guess I have to kill Maria to get further in her quest?

Yeah. I don't think you can finish her quest before you reach the next area.

So, Platinum owners are supposed to get the email with the exclusive theme today, right? Anyone got it yet?

I thought the Theme is only for EUR.

Ok, put this track before reading the quest.

1.- Talk to adeline to start the quest (She can give you blood, you can deny it and doesnt affect the quest)
2.- Go get Brain fluids, you can get the two of them if you want
3.- Give her the Brain fluid.
4.- For the Second brain fluid request it requires some time to pass, you can force it by warping the dream and the research lamp several times.
4b.- Killing the Living failures push the quest even further for the second and third fluid
5.- Give her the second Brain Fluid, again, for the third Brain fluid request try to warp to other areas or the dream and came back to the research halls, to force the third brain fluid
6.- She will move near to the Door you enter asking you for a third umbilica..I mean the Brain Fluid. since there are no other big head ladies (did you notice all the big head you extract the fuild are females and probably blood saints? maybe their connection with the blood was the trigger to talk with the Phantasm, and the males would be the failed ones stored on the room where you find the hat). Hit her and she will drop another fluid. give it to her and enjoy the last part of the quest.

NOTE: Read the Brain Fluids before giving it to Adeline for extra Love about the healing church scientist.

Use ACB on her. That should hit all the time and best case scenario you get 1000+ damage out of it. That second and third phase are probably coolest things in all of Bloodborne.

KP is pretty slow thats for sure. Not sure if it actually changes dashing/dodging speed that much.

edit.

Yeah. I don't think you can finish her quest before you reach the next area.
I don't have enough arcane for ACB yet sadly. I'm either at 33 or 34, I've always just leveled up skill more which is at like level 42 or 43.

myco666

I don't have enough arcane for ACB yet sadly. I'm either at 33 or 34, I've always just leveled up skill more which is at like level 42 or 43.

Really recommend to go for the 40 Arcane. ACB is really good Tool.

They're doing it for the Americas after Europe got it months ago because Sony.

Emails were supposed to roll out today.

Ahh so nothing for me then.

Do I need to suscribe on a newsletter or something? Havent see anything on my mail

No but you need to allow them to send mails to you.

RiggyRob

Episode 20, Pimmsy vs. the optional DLC boss,
Laurence, the First Vicar
: https://youtu.be/JgPs4X5y6As

Goddamn, what a close finish. I was so sure Pinmsy would end up dying right at the end, but she managed to power through. He's basically a
screaming tank of fiery death

Such an infuriating boss fight, I'm glad I didn't have to fight him
yet

Hey dudes, so I bought this game on Black Friday and so far I'm enjoying it more than Dark Souls.

Anywho I just beat my first boss (the Cleric Beast) and did some levelling up and I was wondering if what I did was okay for a noob. I increased my weapon (saw cleaver) to +2 and then split the rest of my souls between strength, vitality and endurance.

It seems like in this game there are fewer weapons so upgrading my Saw Cleaver is an okay idea. But maybe I'm wrong?

Dahbomb

All of that is fine. If you want to continue to use the Saw Cleaver until the end then start putting points into Skill after you get 25 in Strength.

Hey dudes, so I bought this game on Black Friday and so far I'm enjoying it more than Dark Souls.

Anywho I just beat my first boss (the Cleric Beast) and did some levelling up and I was wondering if what I did was okay for a noob. I increased my weapon (saw cleaver) to +2 and then split the rest of my souls between strength, vitality and endurance.

It seems like in this game there are fewer weapons so upgrading my Saw Cleaver is an okay idea. But maybe I'm wrong?

Feel free to upgrade weapons liberally until you get them +6. After that, resources for further upgrades are harder to come by, so you will have to think more which weapons you like best.

All of that is fine. If you want to continue to use the Saw Cleaver until the end then start putting points into Skill after you get 25 in Strength.

Feel free to upgrade weapons liberally until you get them +6. After that, resources for further upgrades are harder to come by, so you will have to think more which weapons you like best.

Cool thanks! I'll be sure to check in one I get around that point. The only other weapon I have so far is the Saw Spear, but I haven't tried it yet.

Top Bottom