• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Interesting. The saw weapons do put out very good sustained DPS, but I didn't know it was better than LHS's transformed mode. How does the Whirlgig's saw sustained L2 fare compared to these?

5k-6k with 160-170 stamina.

That's the damage I did to optional DLC boss on NG++.

Not counting fire/bolt/shell buff.

Leave that boring weapon behind and join the superior pizza cutter race.

Zocano

Good scaling doesn't beat out absolute bonkers bloodgems and at some point the damage gap between heavy hard hitting weapons and weapons like the Saw Cleaver is too small to justify using the slower weapons. The saw cleaver DPS (and it looks like the beasthunter saif might be just as good from my testing) just dwarfs everything.

Also because of the stupid fast transform attacks you can build beast mode stupid fast and kill most of the large bosses before they can even do anything even at NG+4 and above.

Landford

Banned
Started playing this today, coming from a playthrough of SOTFS. Boy i was not prepared. For some reason i was having hell from the mobs, but the first boss i fought
Cleric Beast
gave me no trouble at all. The game looks fucking amazing, much moodier than i thought it would be looking at screenshots and some short videos, but god is the PS4 perfomance crap. All in all, im so fucking excited to keep playing.

DSmalls84

Took me about 2.5 hours to down the cathedral hunter but finally got it. Blade of Mercy has become my go to weapon now. Is there any reason to stop leveling at a certain point? A lot of the builds I saw stopped at 100-120.

squidyj

Maybe because most of the enemies and bosses are beasts.

Yeah, damm you health reduction

I dunno. I feel like I do better on FRC depth 5 bosses than I do on that guy. Amygdala in particular is super easy.

Part of it is I'm super greedy. part of it is I hate charge bosses. There's always a portion of the fight with some truly awkward positioning and sometimes they shift when they charge into a wall at an angle.

Veelk

Banned
I finally get out of school, excited to play bloodborne back home....only to realize I left the disk back in my apartment on campus. D'oh.

RiggyRob

Episode 27, Pimmsy vs. Blood-starved Beast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1tzmhOWbA

It was quite good that Pimmsy carried on doing the chalices for a bit since it meant I could record this fight, which I never saved in the main game because she and Alfred straight up slaughtered it with no issues whatsoever.

It's funny how if you know that the poison won't kill you so quickly when you've got lots of health, and being hit by the Blood-starved Beast's attacks doesn't actually build up the poison meter too much, it makes for a much less stressful fight.

Sushi Nao

I'm on a rttp kind of game, started from the beginning so as not to new game+ the DLC the first time through it. I'm going slow and steady, trying to get some of the content I missed the first time through.

To that end, I've just killed Henryk for the first time with Eileen alive. Such a tense moment, adrenaline's high lol

myco666

Episode 27, Pimmsy vs. Blood-starved Beast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1tzmhOWbA

It was quite good that Pimmsy carried on doing the chalices for a bit since it meant I could record this fight, which I never saved in the main game because she and Alfred straight up slaughtered it with no issues whatsoever.

It's funny how if you know that the poison won't kill you so quickly when you've got lots of health, and being hit by the Blood-starved Beast's attacks doesn't actually build up the poison meter too much, it makes for a much less stressful fight.

Nice fight! I would have used one-handed mode on BoM though since there are very few instances where you can actually start getting lot of hits in with two-handed mode. Yeah slow poison becomes a non-issue once you have high Vit and you can ignore it for the most part. Went through this fight today myself also but with Whirligig Saw as I just got sucked into Chalice Dungeon hole. Already at Defiled Chalice and that Watchdog is again a big wall for me. Really need to get all that Fire resist gear and good HP up runes.

A lot of stamina can help in that fight too, I think BB doesnt have Toxic stat that can stack with poison.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
My first character was a strength/skill build and I stritcly used Ludqigs blade.

For my second build I duped blood echoes to quickly make a Level 250 build with all stats to max as I was anxious to try out bloodtinge weapons so I could try the Chikage at its best.

Nothing beats good ole Ludwig.

My first character was a strength/skill build and I stritcly used Ludqigs blade.

For my second build I duped blood echoes to quickly make a Level 250 build with all stats to max as I was anxious to try out bloodtinge weapons so I could try the Chikage at its best.

Nothing beats good ole Ludwig.

The chikage is way better but requires more effort to use it. The main disadvantage of the chikage is its its own playstyle and requires to be constantly switching between stances and wait for an opening and less stuns per hit

It's nice to know that no matter how much I play or how many bosses I defeat, Defiled Watchdog can still put me on my ass.

I was grinding this boss last night and couldn't believe how well I learned it. I'll be uploading a video on how to beat it with a Ludwig/ call beyond strat. The boss giving me trouble now is the Pthumerian elder, I simply have no idea how to approach him with half health.

Easy mode for Rom. Whirligig Saw is just too good.

Oh man I need this! If it scales well with arcane it should turn into my new favorite weapon.

A few questions for those who know more about arcane builds and blood gems. Does a cursed fire abyssal come with a secondary +flat fire attack attribute? As I mentioned earlier, I was grinding a depth 5 chalice watchdog last night but saw no positive attributes having to do with flat fire/arcane. Here's the best I got:

lwvLO0S.png

On a different save I've got the same gem with a postive attribute of charged attack UP x%. Would this even affect an arcane weapon in any way? Likewise, would a negative attribute of ATK DOWN x% affect an arcane weapon or would it just apply to a physical one?

My God this game had triggered my late night ocd so bad, I can't believe I'm grinding and farming these damn chalices :///

Afrocious

working on my first ever bloodtinge/chikage character

either i suck at this game now after beating it 4 or 5 times or god im terrible with chikage

cant even beat paal wtf

Speaking of, do you know if it stacks with other cursed durability gems? I have like one cursed durability down gem on all my main weapons and still have to take constant trips to the repair table, I can only imagine how bad it'd be on a weapon with two of them.

It stacks, the gem is designed to be used in a boss battle or in PVP

myco666

Defiled Watchdog down. That fight is still most tense in the entire game.

I honestly dont remember if rapid poison have its own bar of poison like toxic,I rarely got that status.

I got both bars when going around poison pools in Nightmare Frontier so you can definitely get hit by both.

Oh man I need this! If it scales well with arcane it should turn into my new favorite weapon.

It has B scaling at +10 so it is not the best weapon for Arcane but I assume it would still work pretty well.

RiggyRob

Nice fight! I would have used one-handed mode on BoM though since there are very few instances where you can actually start getting lot of hits in with two-handed mode. Yeah slow poison becomes a non-issue once you have high Vit and you can ignore it for the most part. Went through this fight today myself also but with Whirligig Saw as I just got sucked into Chalice Dungeon hole. Already at Defiled Chalice and that Watchdog is again a big wall for me. Really need to get all that Fire resist gear and good HP up runes.

I know, you can see she kept whiffing her attacks but she wouldn't stop the combo! I assume she didn't want to use the Rifle Spear cause the charge is too slow for Blood-starved Beast, that's usually her weapon of choice.

A lot of stamina can help in that fight too, I think BB doesnt have Toxic stat that can stack with poison.

Oh yeah, I think Pinmsy stats at that stage were something like:

Vit 46
End 37
Str 11
Skill 48
Blood 30
Arcane 8

So having so much End would mean much better poison resistance.

My first, probably last Bloodborne video (I don't think I'm as efficient with any other boss or any other aspect of the game). If it helps anyone who's leaning more on arcane stats. There's even an elaborate video description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_Ofval0UE

It stacks, the gem is designed to be used in a boss battle or in PVP

Blegh. Still less severe than attack down on beasts I'm guessing, since most of the gems I get are blessed with that effect.

It has B scaling at +10 so it is not the best weapon for Arcane but I assume it would still work pretty well.

Can't wait to test it out, throwing all my best electric gems at it.

My first, probably last Bloodborne video (I don't think I'm as efficient with any other boss or any other aspect of the game). If it helps anyone who's leaning more on arcane stats. There's even an elaborate video description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_Ofval0UE

NIIIICE! The first time I beat him in the Defiled Chalice Dungeons it took nearly 3-4 hours. My stratergy is to just break his jaw by chipping away with the Threaded Cane, then one of the limbs. I guess, the more aggressive strat that you use here is a lot more viable as it shortens the boss fight considerably.

taybul

I've only started creating my own dungeons but could I theoretically do this to generate them for free:

1) Use materials to create dungeon
2) Share it online
3) Save scum and enter in my shared dungeon code

I'm short on supplies right now so I can't test it immediately.

RiggyRob

Last one before the Christmas period - episode 28, Pimmsy vs. the final DLC boss,
Orphan of Kos
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHQQw_eXe8

I found it funny that Pimmsy wanted to do the chalices to level up more, yet the extra levels had nothing to do with her beating
him
- she simply 'got gud'. The way she kept close behind
him
to charge an attack and perform a visceral were immense, and her parries against
him in the second form
were even better.

I also fount it hilarious how she fucked up doing the Hunter's Salutation in the beginning, only for the
Orphan of Kos
to fly right over her, so she still got away with it.

Sorry if this is asked like 2 posts above mine (I haven't bought the DLC yet and I'm avoiding spoilers), but how did weapon distribution end up looking with the DLC? Are there new ones available right near the start, or do you have to hit the DLC areas before you start seeing them?

Sorry if this is asked like 2 posts above mine (I haven't bought the DLC yet and I'm avoiding spoilers), but how did weapon distribution end up looking with the DLC? Are there new ones available right near the start, or do you have to hit the DLC areas before you start seeing them?

There are like 1 STR weapon right at the start, two more in the next zone, kinda hard for low level players, and the pizza cutter before the boss area, in a lamp section.

Finally beat Maria down, I also got Black Sky Eye. All I had to do was get her parry timing down and it was quite easy. First thing I did when I got to Fishermans Hamlet was walk in the water and fall to my death.

Finally beat Maria down, I also got Black Sky Eye. All I had to do was get her parry timing down and it was quite easy. First thing I did when I got to Fishermans Hamlet was walk in the water and fall to my death.

That's not the worst part of that area!

I loved the Maria fight, I don't normally do much co-op but i've been helping out on that fight loads because I enjoy it so much.

That's not the worst part of that area!

I loved the Maria fight, I don't normally do much co-op but i've been helping out on that fight loads because I enjoy it so much.
Yeah I finally got deeper into the Hamlet and unlocked the first ladder short cut. Fucking god damn shark dogs and street sharks, fuck that god damn place.
latest

8YcyyUG1xwk.jpg

Dynedom

P
thumerian
D
escendant
is kicking my ass royally (Ihyl Layer 1). Jesus christ. The thing must have infinite stamina or something.

I saw the infamous well and walked right passed the god damn thing. I'm still trying to figure out where the church pick is. I'm missing a few weapons still I'm sure of it.

Can't remember where that is but I know I have it, Shaman Bone Blades and a lot of dodging if you're going to head into that well, I swear it caused me more problems than the bosses!

Dynedom

P
thumerian
D
escendant
is kicking my ass royally (Ihyl Layer 1). Jesus christ. The thing must have infinite stamina or something.

Got 'im! Parry + Visceral HP + Visceral Damage runes. Really tense in
second form, especially considering it was the first time I got to it

1 bullet left (after popping blood bullets twice, I think). Still shaking.

Szadek

I saw the infamous well and walked right passed the god damn thing. I'm still trying to figure out where the church pick is. I'm missing a few weapons still I'm sure of it.
One of the weapons is in the well ( you need to kill both enemies), 2 others belongs to guys in the cells.

myco666

Got 'im! Parry + Visceral HP + Visceral Damage runes. Really tense in
second form, especially considering it was the first time I got to it

1 bullet left (after popping blood bullets twice, I think). Still shaking.

Just fought him yesterday. Parrying is definitely way to go in that fight. I pretty much spammed L2 all the time. Without guns that fight would be insane.

Dynedom

Just fought him yesterday. Parrying is definitely way to go in that fight. I pretty much spammed L2 all the time. Without guns that fight would be insane.

The timing is sheer insanity. Some of his attacks have tiny windows for parry. I basically looked for 1 or 2 types and tried my best. I have a video I'm trying to upload on it. I got near-annihilated so many times, haha.

myco666

The timing is sheer insanity. Some of his attacks have tiny windows for parry. I basically looked for 1 or 2 types and tried my best. I have a video I'm trying to upload on it. I got near-annihilated so many times, haha.

Yeah but you can shoot between his attacks and you get pretty easy visceral. The blade throwing is most annoying thing he does as I really don't know how to dodge it and it goes through pillars.

I now have the church pick, Loch Shield and fists of Gratia. I'm missing the Amygdalan Arm, Bow Blade and the gatling gun I think.

You get Amy Arm and Gatling Gun from the party cave in Hunters Nightmare.

Top Bottom