• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I really need help to beat micolash, I'm level 62 and no one will summon with me. And when they do, there fucking useless.

I've been stuck on him over a week.

Aldo what the hell is the point if the chalice dungeons? I've done like 5 of them and they're just basically the same thing over and over again with loot that just allows you to continue doing them. They seem pointless.

derwalde

I really need help to beat micolash, I'm level 62 and no one will summon with me. And when they do, there fucking useless.

Aldo what the hell is the point if the chalice dungeons? I've done like 5 of them and they're just basically the same thing over and over again with loot that just allows you to continue doing them. They seem pointless.

Poison knives my friend.

Level 62 is more than enough for that pussy. Just stick close to him in the first stage and he won't use those Tentacles through Augur of Ebrietas. In the second stage, you have to make sure that you NEVER be more a few feet away from him, otherwise he'll use that Arcane Nova shit through Call Beyond. If he uses it, again, dodge TOWARDS him, not away.

If you have a +8 or +9 weapon, he should be toast. Just don't be in a hurry. I'd help you but I'm not sure when you log in to play usually.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I fucking finally best micolash, and on my own. I just kept spamming him with the axe spin move and he didn't have a chance to cast magic at me.

Such a bullshit boss though.

SDR-UK

Don't suppose anyone is willing to help me past Ludwig? Just a fair warning, it is NG+8.

I can't do enough damage alone to stagger the second form but I'm confident with some help, he'll go down.

Please GAF, help me. This four day struggle is real.

Brakke

Banned
Alright Chalice dungeons are vindicated. Just had Blood-starved Beast, my most hated nemesis so far, show up as a Chalice boss and I just RUINED that jerk. It was satisfying to beat BSB the first time but it's a totally different satisfaction to know I still got it.

Dereck

In the Forbidden Woods, the big snakes, what is their glaring weakness?

I can take them down solo with melee no problem, I'm just looking to speed up the process here.

In the Forbidden Woods, the big snakes, what is their glaring weakness?

I can take them down solo with melee no problem, I'm just looking to speed up the process here.

When you're behind them they can't attack, so you can beat them down real quick that way. Unless you meant attribute weaknesses? Not sure about that (maybe it's fire), but you can check the wiki.

I used the summoning mechanic today for the first time to help a couple people out with Amelia. Super satisfying, I must say.

Should I do Paarl/Lecture before Forbidden Woods? I just finished Hemwick.

Brakke

Banned
The Paarl reward is an electrified mace which just barely didn't make the cut for getting used by me. You might like it though. By "Lecture" you mean where you go after that monster grabs you? I found my first real "sorcery" there (Arcane-based equipment that consumes Silver Bullets), and it totally changed my build plan and play style.

Dereck

For a moment I thought the monster grabbing you in Cathedral Ward was the DLC, what exactly is that place and why is it that when I lit the lamp, I couldn't warp back there?

Brakke

Banned
You should be able to warp back, there's just a different headstone in the Dream that you use. It's labeled "nightmare frontier" or something.

Further up the hill, close to the workshop building.

Hey guys, I'm debating whether to get this game or Batman after I finish Dishonored. My question is, is this game information overload? The menu all that thing looks rather complicated. I haven't played any of the souls game, but I want something that's somewhat accessible (I know it'll be difficult, but I'm more worried about having to read too many necessary info/notes/etc).

Brakke

Banned
Hey guys, I'm debating whether to get this game or Batman after I finish Dishonored. My question is, is this game information overload? The menu all that thing looks rather complicated. I haven't played any of the souls game, but I want something that's somewhat accessible (I know it'll be difficult, but I'm more worried about having to read too many necessary info/notes/etc).

It's pretty shallow systems learning ramp. Your starting weapon might be feasible through the whole game. Play for an hour, ask this thread about what's confusing you, and then it's smooth sailing.

Donos

Just gems and a trophy? No weapons or armour? Lame.

It's worth for unique bosses and enemies (Madman says hello).

If you want to tackle the DLC in NG+, you get powerful gems for your weapons in chalices.

But if you already feel that chalices are a chore, defiled chalices will make you stop (50 % health reduction).

Donos

Don't suppose anyone is willing to help me past Ludwig? Just a fair warning, it is NG+8.

I can't do enough damage alone to stagger the second form but I'm confident with some help, he'll go down.

Have you tried with NPC Valtr (without a second human summon)? His pizzacutter helps with staggering and he is rather tough. But that was NG+.

NG+8? why.jpg / aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

Playing through the DLC is bringing back all the feelings of playing through the original game again. Not knowing where anything else, slowly creeping around, being extremely cautious when you find a new enemy... Phew.
And then the elation at something as simple as opening up a shortcut back to the lamp at the beginning of an area. :p
I'm level 180 on NG++ by the way.

notaskwid

Here I am in Cainhurst. I'm already in end gaame I think (?)
beat those spiders in the lake
It's been hard, but I've been able to overcome all. It's my first 'souls' outside of some time with Demon's before I lost access to my PS3 and even as a pretty bumpy ride, I really enjoy it!

Here's my badass right now.

CYIV0E6WAAAKbK0.jpg

I feel like I miss half the npc's and questlines though, or I just dont get the memos and do whatever. I wish they'd made some noise for me too see them lol

Most of the NPC sidequest ends when you beat Rom, so far you are in Cainhurst, there is a hidden letter there you can give it to Alfred to continue his sidequest, you are in mid game so far you need to explore the other optional areas before going to the N
ightmare

I can help you out. I've recently beat him at NG+4 and NG+'s stop scaling after NG+6, so it shouldn't be that bad of an increase. What's your level? I'm BL110.

What compelled you to complete the game that many times with the same character

Some do it for the challenges at max difficulty. It's also SUPER easy to speed run through the game once you've beaten it once on NG. I can usually get through the game in about an hour to an hour and half since there are so many optional bosses that aren't needed to progress the story.

Dereck

Some do it for the challenges at max difficulty. It's also SUPER easy to speed run through the game once you've beaten it once on NG. I can usually get through the game in about an hour to an hour and half since there are so many optional bosses that aren't needed to progress the story.
I see

Melchiah

It's exactly the opposite for me. I've played through the game three times, with two characters, and I always end up doing a completion run. Might be due to my OCD tendencies. The first time took me 82 hours, and the third about 20 hours.

Forgot this thread was around.

I got Bloodbourne at Xmas and loving it. I'm at the forbidden forest and open the shortcut to the clinic as well. Currently at around 37 Soul level i think.

All my leveling up is going to vitality, Endurance and Strength at the moment, my question is should i level up Bloodtinge (8) and Arcane (10)? are they useful?

Also i'm pretty much only using Tonitus level 5 and Holy Blade level 5? Is it worth me continuing to level both them 2 up for a strength build or is there a better weapon that both at this stage in the game

Brakke

Banned
Arcane is useful for "Hunter Tools" (spells, you'll find them starting soon). Spells consume Bullets, so picking one of those two as a low key thing to upgrade isn't a terrible idea. I've found the spells useful and they look cool so I like them. Definitely not essential though.

myco666

I finally have some time in my life to start Old Hunters. I'm currently in NG+. Is there something specific I have to do to start it?

Beat Vicar Amelia and touch the skull on the altar. After that you get item from the Hunters Dream that tells you where you have to go to access the DLC.

Forgot this thread was around.

I got Bloodbourne at Xmas and loving it. I'm at the forbidden forest and open the shortcut to the clinic as well. Currently at around 37 Soul level i think.

All my leveling up is going to vitality, Endurance and Strength at the moment, my question is should i level up Bloodtinge (8) and Arcane (10)? are they useful?

Also i'm pretty much only using Tonitus level 5 and Holy Blade level 5? Is it worth me continuing to level both them 2 up for a strength build or is there a better weapon that both at this stage in the game

I would say to go with LHB and ditch Tonitrus once you hit +6 with it. If you want to use Tonitrus more though you should get your Arcane up also as the buffed mode gets good damage boost from Arcane.

I'm at +5 and finding the Tonitrus is just wrecking almost everyone quickly so i wasn't sure whether there was anything else out there better
It works well yeah, but from when I used it you have to either keep upgrading strength and put good gems on it or the enemies eventually catch up to it with bigger health pools. I'm not a Tonitrus expert though cause I stopped using it cause I never really upgraded the strength stat too much.

taybul

I'm going through this way too fast on a new NG run and I forget,
after killing BSB, what's the clue that the side door in Cathedral ward opens up?
I'm well past this already but I just don't remember this part of the game.

Top Bottom