• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Archon473

Yahar'gul, Unseen Village is some absolute fuckshit.

Yahar'gul, Unseen Racetrack

5 mad dashes, all treasure grabbed, lit the lamp under the laser monster, went to Cainhurst to play a real level. I'll come back to fight One Reborn once I get respectable damage gems.

Yeah the first part of Yaraghul is annoying. At least the boss is easy with some strategic thinking.
It's just a tutorial for the more difficult chalice dungeons actually. Oddly enough the only thing that can trip me up is running to the lamp under the laser monster since I always fuck it up and eat a laser hit. Once you know where the bell maidens are it's not too bad.

myco666

I guess my problem was that I just left the thing at +6 and the enemies just caught up health wise.

Well obviously anything after Rom will have too much health against +6 weapon.

It's just a tutorial for the more difficult chalice dungeons actually. Oddly enough the only thing that can trip me up is running to the lamp under the laser monster since I always fuck it up and eat a laser hit. Once you know where the bell maidens are it's not too bad.

You can pretty easily avoid the laser by sticking to the left side of the stairs and waiting it to go by. The laser seems to always go certain way so you that you can learn the safe spots.

Brakke

Banned
I'm going through this way too fast on a new NG run and I forget,
after killing BSB, what's the clue that the side door in Cathedral ward opens up?
I'm well past this already but I just don't remember this part of the game.

Warp to Cathedral Ward lamp. As you're walking away from the lamp to leave the Cathedral there's a squarish door to the right: a short hallway and an elevator. There's a tower to climb and then around back of it on one levels there's a place to fall down.

Man,
forgotten woods
is a bit of a slog. I've opened up the shortcut to
the clinic
but now I have to clear out all the crap on the way to the boss.

I also killed
iosefka (sp)

And should I be spoiler tagging these things?

AAK

I walk into this thread and....

Yahar'gul, Unseen Village is some absolute fuckshit.

first comment on the page is too true...

Anyways, I'm stuck in that same area. I ran out of Blood Vials for the fist time in the game and farming for them is getting way too tedious. Tell me some hack strats to get easy Blood Vials GAF please.

I walk into this thread and....

first comment on the page is too true...

Anyways, I'm stuck in that same area. I ran out of Blood Vials for the fist time in the game and farming for them is getting way too tedious. Tell me some hack strats to get easy Blood Vials GAF please.

Where are you farming for them?

If you go from central yarnham, down left into the dark house, up to the bridge to kill the wolves and onward to the great bridge lamp I think you get 10+ vials in maybe 2 minutes-ish? The wolves I believe drop 2-3 each. And there are some random yarnham folk along that route.

I'm sure there are better places, but I've done it a few times when I needed to.

Brakke

Banned

If you go from central yarnham, down left into the dark house, up to the bridge to kill the wolves and onward to the great bridge lamp I think you get 10+ vials in maybe 2 minutes-ish? The wolves I believe drop 2-3 each. And there are some random yarnham folk along that route.

I'm sure there are better places, but I've done it a few times when I needed to.

Yeah I did this route when I was still in Yarnham. Pretty sure all of the bigger enemies in Yarnham drop blood vials or bullets.

Or else just do a chalice dungeon and use your echoes to buy vials from the bath buddies. Really just go to the hardest place you have access to, repeatedly kill the three or four enemies closest to the lamp, and then go buy vials: they're pretty cheap.

Dereck

You don't necessarily need to farm Blood Vials. What you could do is just kill a few guys, get about 20,000 Blood Echoes, that will get you about 30 or so Blood Vials. I got 90 Blood Vials in about 20 minutes doing that.

Grassy

I ran out of Blood Vials in Nightmare Frontier, and I farmed the Giants in Cathedral Ward to get a fair few Vials. There's one on the way up to the Grand Cathedral, two in the graveyard, and another two further down the stairwell and at the dead end. They drop up to 4 Vials each, and I spent all the Blood Echoes I made from those runs on Vials as well.

I beat Rom yesterday, and made it through Yhar'gul today. A few frustrating deaths with Rom(fuck his spider minions), but I ended up beating him quite easily in the end.
Yhar'gul was frustrating to begin with but opening up the short-cuts made it a breeze. The boss was super-easy though. Currently rocking Ludwig's Blade +9 and have made it this far without parrying at all, just using the transformed mode of the Hunter Axe and Ludwig's Holy Blade.

I can't believe this OT is still going i just beat
rom
in my ng+ and also just found out you can get blood rocks from the insight bath for 60 insight...awesome

Melchiah

I ran out of Blood Vials in Nightmare Frontier, and I farmed the Giants in Cathedral Ward to get a fair few Vials. There's one on the way up to the Grand Cathedral, two in the graveyard, and another two further down the stairwell and at the dead end. They drop up to 4 Vials each, and I spent all the Blood Echoes I made from those runs on Vials as well.

Going to Lecture Building would be a quicker way to get Blood Echoes for the vials. You get at least 15k echoes from the first floor in a couple of minutes, depending on how many Moon runes you have equipped.

Melchiah

Really? I'm going to have to try that. Thanks.

Later on in the game the best place to farm is the second lantern in Mensis. You can
lure the pigs to attack the shadows.
. With three Moon runes equipped, you get +90k echoes on first playthrough, and +290k on NG+.

Later on in the game the best place to farm is the second lantern in Mensis. You can
lure the pigs to attack the shadows.
. With three Moon runes equipped, you get +90k echoes on first playthrough, and +290k on NG+.

Those two are my vanilla farming spots. I think Lecture Building may still be the better option. What I do is equip a fire weapon that can oneshot the students (currently the Saif) and either the Chikage, Logarius Wheel, Bloodletter or Madaras Whistle. From the lantern, go into the conference hall, kill everything before they have a chance to react, then alternate between shooting and creating bullets (d-pad up) until it won't let you (fastest way to deplete your health) and take off the last bit of health with your method of choice (Chikage's strong attack seems the best one). Respawn, repeat. It's like a minute per run and well over 10k with no runes on NG, with the bonus that you'll max out on bullets too.

There's a third farming spot at the base of the research hall in the DLC after you've pretty much completed it, the crawling patients give a surprising amount of echoes and there's a ton of them. Only thing is they take more to kill and if you get surrounded and ganged upon they can destroy you instantly.

Melchiah

Those two are my vanilla farming spots. I think Lecture Building may still be the better option. What I do is equip a fire weapon that can oneshot the students (currently the Saif) and either the Chikage, Logarius Wheel, Bloodletter or Madaras Whistle. From the lantern, go into the conference hall, kill everything before they have a chance to react, then alternate between shooting and creating bullets (d-pad up) until it won't let you (fastest way to deplete your health) and take off the last bit of health with your method of choice (Chikage's strong attack seems the best one). Respawn, repeat. It's like a minute per run and well over 10k with no runes on NG, with the bonus that you'll max out on bullets too.

There's a third farming spot at the base of the research hall in the DLC after you've pretty much completed it, the crawling patients give a surprising amount of echoes and there's a ton of them. Only thing is they take more to kill and if you get surrounded and ganged upon they can destroy you instantly.

I think that's still a slower method. The Mensis farming route grants you +90k echoes on a single run, in 3-4 minutes. Dunno how many you get without the three Moon runes. It's not as easy though, especially if many of the enemies stay alive after fighting with each other.

EDIT: As a bonus, you get a pretty good amount of Blood Vials from the enemies. I think about 8-10 per run.

myco666

Isn't the trigger killing certain bosses? I don't think leveling up affects the price of things.

Actually not entirely. They are tied to moon phases like pretty much everything else. For example you can kill VA and not touch the skull or kill Rom but not change the moon phase if so wish.

Sulik2

Wow this game gets really good past central yarnham. The open of this game is so bad for how good it gets. I started on the first chalice dungeon. That three boys fight on the second floor is super fun. Fat sonic rolled into the lever and fell on his back. I just walked up and killed him. I need to upload the clip. Looked hilarious.

Should I invest in arcane? I just got the old hunter bone seems like it would be useful but spending nine levels on it seems rough.

I started playing this on December 31st, and as of right now, I only have to complete castle cainhurst and the final boss(es).

My friend and I have begun summoning because we want to mess with the chalice dungeons. Oddly enough, we can't seem to summon each other even though we were able to do it earlier in the week. The only difference is that now we are trying to summon each other from the same home network i.e. under the same roof.

Any idea why we can't seem to connect? We're following all the recommended guidelines.

myco666

Wow this game gets really good past central yarnham. The open of this game is so bad for how good it gets. I started on the first chalice dungeon. That three boys fight on the second floor is super fun. Fat sonic rolled into the lever and fell on his back. I just walked up and killed him. I need to upload the clip. Looked hilarious.

Should I invest in arcane? I just got the old hunter bone seems like it would be useful but spending nine levels on it seems rough.

First time I hear someone saying that Central Yharnam is bad but Chalice Dungeons are good haha.

Old Hunter Bone is good tool to have and unless you want to really min-max your build the investment is worth it.

Actually not entirely. They are tied to moon phases like pretty much everything else. For example you can kill VA and not touch the skull or kill Rom but not change the moon phase if so wish.

Ah, right. I always spend my VA blood echos on blood vials before using the skull just to make sure I'm fully stocked for the rest of the game.

First time I hear someone saying that Central Yharnam is bad but Chalice Dungeons are good haha..

I imagine the learning curve can probably sour Central Yharnam for some.

The price of everything increases when you level up, apart from the insight shop.

It's actually to do with your progression through the story/bosses rather than your level, I think. Checking.
edit: dur, already beaten.

Yup I'm stuck there now and fuck that place. Lit the lamp but these garbage beasts keep one shotting me. Don't know what they are but they look like a bunch of boxes stuck together. Not sure where to go

That's one of the required areas unfortunately. There's a boss there you need to beat.

If you can find the
Upper catherdral ward
key in that area, you can put it off for a bit and go explore there, which leads to another area with a couple of bosses,
Ebritias and Celestial Emissary
, and the area might be more managable by that point?

ChrisD

The price of everything increases when you level up, apart from the insight shop.
Isn't the trigger killing certain bosses? I don't think leveling up affects the price of things.

Ruuuuuude.

Would have bought a lot more Blood Vials before sticking in my three levels to fight Father Ga-whatever if I had been paying attention to the prices after Cleric Beast. I know there's a number of routes for grinding them, but purchasing just saves time.

AAK

Dammit this is a pain. Where are all the re-summoner bell ringing witches in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village?

The first witch is in the building guarded by one of those giant spiders. The second witch is in the connecting building right after. Then there are 2 platforms full of old ladies with pitchforks that keep respawning. The second platform also has that laser emitting spider making a ruckus too. Where is the witch that respawns the enemies on those 2 platforms?

wow fuck rom.

so should you take the time to kill all the individual spiders in each phase?

i killed all the little ones and then i thought "ha, gonna wreck her".... and then
she teleported and respawned them. and started using magic.
fack.

Dammit this is a pain. Where are all the re-summoner bell ringing witches in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village?

The first witch is in the building guarded by one of those giant spiders. The second witch is in the connecting building right after. Then there are 2 platforms full of old ladies with pitchforks that keep respawning. The second platform also has that laser emitting spider making a ruckus too. Where is the witch that respawns the enemies on those 2 platforms?

look for a gap in the wall on the right hand side before you get into laser range

wow fuck rom.

so should you take the time to kill all the individual spiders in each phase?

i killed all the little ones and then i thought "ha, gonna wreck her".... and then
she teleported and respawned them. and started using magic.
fack.

It depends, if you want to play save then yes, kill the little ones first and focus Rom, when Rom tries to teleport, you can hit her non stop and stop her teleport. Giving you more time to hit her.

Or you can go to the offensive and rush to Rom aggroing the little spiders in one side, run to the other side and hit her, in that case you may be able to drain like half of her health with a good, upgraded weapon like the tronitus or a weapon with lightning resine

It depends, if you want to play save then yes, kill the little ones first and focus Rom, when Rom tries to teleport, you can hit her non stop and stop her teleport. Giving you more time to hit her.

Or you can go to the offensive and rush to Rom aggroing the little spiders in one side, run to the other side and hit her, in that case you may be able to drain like half of her health with a good, upgraded weapon like the tronitus or a weapon with lightning resine

Thanks, I took the spiders one by one and eventually it worked out. I hated the long range magic thing, the short range one was okay.

Now I'm trying to do the final hunter at the grand cathedral (Eileen's quest thing). Any tips? I'll have to farm some vials first, ended up with only 10 after fighting rom.

Thanks, I took the spiders one by one and eventually it worked out. I hated the long range magic thing, the short range one was okay.

Now I'm trying to do the final hunter at the grand cathedral (Eileen's quest thing). Any tips? I'll have to farm some vials first, ended up with only 10 after fighting rom.

If you want to cheese him a bit, drag him to the bottom of the stairs. He leashes there, so you can get some free hits in from time to time. It's still a hard fight though in that he can 1 or 2-shot you at any moment. Definitely worth killing though.

Yes, the Hunter cant move well on the stairs so you can stun him on the wall, becareful of his weapon.

Or play agressive by not giving him any window to attack, stay close to him and he usually will backstep and try to shoot, move to your left side and chase him

Grassy

I cheesed him yesterday by luring him back to the stairs and just backing off every time he charges. Eventually he will transform his Chikage which slowly drains his HP. He will attack a few times then slowly start backing off.
What I did was to slowly follow him at the same pace he was walking at and he won't transform the weapon back and he just keeps draining HP, then I went in for the kill when he was down to 1/4 health. He will use Blood Vials at the start though, you just need to be patient.

Also, I just made it to Mensis. Would now be a good time to back out and do the DLC? From what I've heard it's better to do it in NG instead of NG+? I'm level 80 right now.

Brakke

Banned
Didn't play for a while, then today I beat Amygdala, Logarius, and Rom back-to-back like nothin'. I think that closes out my active projects, so it's on to Unseen Yarguhl and maybe I'll check in to chalices.

Dereck

Man, why they gotta decrease the summoned's health by so much?

I feel like my health is cut in half whenever I'm helping someone out. Basically I can get one hit killed by Micolash.

Top Bottom