• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I'd do Nightmare frontier first, then it's kind of a toss up between the other two depending on which one you find easier. If you find the latter two too hard, consider going through the chalice dungeons, any chalice in depth 1 or 2 will be easier than them.

At 66, you could do either one of these, but Nightmare Frontier boss would be easiest, imo. Apart from the frustrating Poison, that area would be pretty easy for you.

Castle Cainhurst is amazing! I love that area and it has a badass boss, but you should be fine, so long as you know how to parry. If you don't then it might get a little hairy.

Unseen Village might be the most difficult of the three for you right now, so I'd advise you to do the other two in any order you fancy and then go to Unseen Village.

Awesome, thanks. Can't wait to get back to playing.

DedValve

Banned
Quick question, if me and my friend co-op through the use of passwords I still have to be within 10 levels of them right?

My super high lvl character won't be lowered to my friends?

For getting the platinum, do you just have to complete all of the Pthumeru chalice dungeons (so that you can beat
yharnam
for the trophy)? Or do you have to do the other ones, e.g. hintertomb, ailing loran and whatnot.

I'm looking at this map here: http://i.imgur.com/WzWkpr8.png

Thanks.

taybul

For getting the platinum, do you just have to complete all of the Pthumeru chalice dungeons (so that you can beat
yharnam
for the trophy)? Or do you have to do the other ones, e.g. hintertomb, ailing loran and whatnot.

I'm looking at this map here: http://i.imgur.com/WzWkpr8.png

Thanks.

Thing is you can't unlock deeper Pthumeru dungeons without mats found in those dungeons (and similar for deeper levels of those), so yes you'll effectively have to do all dungeon types.

Adding up,

Dont try to make more chalices than necessary, the chalices have limited resources for the platinum route , dont be like me and make Loran before doing the trophy

Adding up,

Dont try to make more chalices than necessary, the chalices have limited resources for the platinum route , dont be like me and make Loran before doing the trophy
he also shouldn't even bother making Root chalices, that's a hole you climb down if you actually like doing them.

myco666

Adding up,

But you need to do Ailing Loran for Bastard of Loran when going for the trophy. Unless you meant Lower Loran.

But you need to do Ailing Loran for Bastard of Loran when going for the trophy. Unless you meant Lower Loran.

Yeah, I did some root stuff and the loran before I went the Isz because there is no a clue to follow for the trophy ingame and I just simply do the chalices in order and not in order of chalices you get. So I had to gring in Loran and Phumerian for materials which later I learned you can create free material chalices if you use the gylphs in Chalices you already made which, again is not explained ingame

So is it impossible to stagger the hunter in the great cathedral? He pauses momentarily but doesn't let me get in for a visceral.

I am pretty sure you can.

Melchiah

Thing is you can't unlock deeper Pthumeru dungeons without mats found in those dungeons (and similar for deeper levels of those), so yes you'll effectively have to do all dungeon types.

To my recollection Hintertomb chalices aren't required. Dunno if you miss some materials, if you skip them.

You can, the timing is just a pain in the ass.

Yeah, I did some root stuff and the loran before I went the Isz because there is no a clue to follow for the trophy ingame and I just simply do the chalices in order and not in order of chalices you get. So I had to gring in Loran and Phumerian for materials which later I learned you can create free material chalices if you use the gylphs in Chalices you already made which, again is not explained ingame

I am pretty sure you can.
Okay, I'll try again.

I ran out of vials so I looked up some farming ideas online.. holy crap, lecture building is awesome. I clear about 12-13k per minute. I have over 100 vials now, woohoo.

Looking to roll a new character with an arcane build. Thing is, I don't really understand what arcane builds do in this game.

Anyone played with one? Any tips or guidelines for this? How does it play? Mainly concerned about PVE...

Thanks

Alright, how the fuck am I supposed to kill 3 hunters at once in Yahar'gul
Do not rush in. Just walk in slowly, back stab the first guy, run out, if you're not followed sneak back in, back stab first dude again, kill him hopefully and then run out again. Threaded Cane dude should following you. Run back to the lamp room, he most likely won't follow you in, kill him if you can through the wall and then go back in and kill the Rifle Spear guy.

T-0800

Is there a trick to doing the parry every time? I just spent an hour on the biggish guy near the very start of the game until I took him down. It was a great feeling in the end but I'm not sure why I was struggling so much with the timing.

I'm new to these games in case that wasn't obvious.

Do not rush in. Just walk in slowly, back stab the first guy, run out, if you're not followed sneak back in, back stab first dude again, kill him hopefully and then run out again. Threaded Cane dude should following you. Run back to the lamp room, he most likely won't follow you in, kill him if you can through the wall and then go back in and kill the Rifle Spear guy.

Nice, got them! Thanks so much. What a stupid encounter.

rtcn63

Is there a trick to doing the parry every time? I just spent an hour on the biggish guy near the very start of the game until I took him down. It was a great feeling in the end but I'm not sure why I was struggling so much with the timing.

I'm new to these games in case that wasn't obvious.

Wait for the enemy to do start their attack animation and shoot. It gets easier once you have the blunderbuss.

PepperedHam

Bloodborne GAF I am in need of some assistance because now I feel like I just wasted a good amount of time farming ritual materials.

I want to enter a root chalice dungeon using a glyph. This glyph is for a Cursed Isz dungeon. I read that I had to create my own root dungeon with the cursed offering so I did that and have one active on an altar. But I still cannot access the glyph that I'm trying to enter. It still keeps telling me I don't have the requirements. WTF?

Bloodborne GAF I am in need of some assistance because now I feel like I just wasted a good amount of time farming ritual materials.

I want to enter a root chalice dungeon using a glyph. This glyph is for a Cursed Isz dungeon. I read that I had to create my own root dungeon with the cursed offering so I did that and have one active on an altar. But I still cannot access the glyph that I'm trying to enter. It still keeps telling me I don't have the requirements. WTF?
I think you probably should've created a Fetid/Rotted/Cursed Isz to get everything to work, if that's not it I have no idea.

PepperedHam

Yea I was just thinking that, which will crush me lol, considering I could have had em all checked off and done but now I gotta re-farm the mats for the root Isz again. OH WELL. Live and learn.

kewlmyc

Tronitus, Blades of Mercy, Moonlight and the Bloodletter says Hi

I only really use the Blades of Mercy and threaded cane, but as of Arcane Lv 37, I'm not seeing that many results.

Right now I'm:

Vit: 50
End: 40
St: 12
Skill: 50
Bloodtenge: 50
Arcane: 37

Just feels as if I should have put some more into strength so I can actually use a decent amount of the weapons in the game. Plus raising my strength by 1 caused a 10 point attack increase in my threaded cane, while a level up in arcane does nothing for my blades of mercy anymore. Also, funny story, I still haven't used the Chikage despite my build being optimal for using. I'll probably give some of the spells and the Tontius a try now.

I only really use the Blades of Mercy and threaded cane, but as of Arcane Lv 37, I'm not seeing that many results.

Right now I'm:

Just feels as if I should have put some more into strength so I can actually use a decent amount of the weapons in the game. Plus raising my strength by 1 caused a 10 point attack increase in my threaded cane, while a level up in arcane does nothing for my blades of mercy anymore. Also, funny story, I still haven't used the Chikage despite my build being optimal for using. I'll probably give some of the spells and the Tontius a try now.
Dude a properly gemmed Chikage at +10 would do impressive damage.

Right now I'm:

Chikage is yelling you to use her.

myco666

Yeah, those two aren't hard, but they still take time to go through. I went through them both, but I can't remember if they were essential for materials.

Only thing you get from them is Madman set. You used to get Short Ritual Root chalice from the last Hintertomb Chalice but even that was patched to be purchaseable from insight shop. Really don't understand why they made Hintertomb so unnecessary.

Yeah, those two aren't hard, but they still take time to go through. I went through them both, but I can't remember if they were essential for materials.
Most likely not, just gives you access to the Madman set, I've never even used the damn thing but I always run through there with each new character I make.

Melchiah

Only thing you get from them is Madman set. You used to get Short Ritual Root chalice from the last Hintertomb Chalice but even that was patched to be purchaseable from insight shop. Really don't understand why they made Hintertomb so unnecessary.

Most likely not, just gives you access to the Madman set, I've never even used the damn thing but I always run through there with each new character I make.

When was it patched? I played them in May, so I was wondering if that was before it.

The Hintertomb chalices are pretty unnecessary on top of the three easy Pthumeru chalices.

myco666

When was it patched? I played them in May, so I was wondering if that was before it.

The Hintertomb chalices are pretty unnecessary on top of the three easy Pthumeru chalices.

It was in the 1.04 patch which came 25th of May according to quick google search.

They don't even have unique bosses IIRC so there is seriously no need to do them unless you want the Madman set.

Melchiah

It was in the 1.04 patch which came 25th of May according to quick google search.

They don't even have unique bosses IIRC so there is seriously no need to do them unless you want the Madman set.

So it was probably after I went through them, as I got the Beast Claw from Ailing Loran on 26th of May.

I'm a bit confused by the chalice dungeons. So, they don't scale with NG+ correct?
So all they really offer are new items and a few new bosses?
Do any of them have cool environnmental design?

I'm just about to wrap up the Upper Cathedral Ward and thinking about trying my hand at some of the chalice dungeons next.

I'm a bit confused by the chalice dungeons. So, they don't scale with NG+ correct?
So all they really offer are new items and a few new bosses?
Do any of them have cool environnmental design?

I'm just about to wrap up the Upper Cathedral Ward and thinking about trying my hand at some of the chalice dungeons next.
They don't scale period, you'll probably just steam roll through them till you get to about Depth 4 or 5.

Ethelwulf

Hunter help!

To access all final root chalice dungeons (those where you can farm awesome gems) do I need to finish ALL previous dungeons? Isn't enough to complete the Isz chalice dungeon only, or do I need to finish them all first?

It depends what Root version chalice are you looking for.

You get the root version of the Chalice when you finish the Chalice of the same type but you need to unlock the Chalice by doing previous chalices to reach that chalice, did you Chalice me?.

Or you can use the Chalice sear in the short ritual tombstone and pray to be warponed into the chalice you are looking for

It will never happen, but it woud be a huge improvement if From patched out depth 1 and 2 dungeons, and let blood-starved beast drop depth 3 pthumeru to start out for the the chalices. Would really cut down on the grind, and depth 3 is when things start to get somewhat interesting.

Looking to roll a new character with an arcane build. Thing is, I don't really understand what arcane builds do in this game.

Anyone played with one? Any tips or guidelines for this? How does it play? Mainly concerned about PVE...

Thanks

1) Get Augur of Ebrietas.
2) Spam Augur of Ebrietas.
3) Loot mangled corpses.

Seriously, it's that good. Pop one at the end of each weapon combo while you recharge stamina and watch enemies, especially humanoids, being unable to hit you or even get up.

In terms of weapons, almost any weapon can be made into "an arcane weapon" by adding fire, lightning or arcane gems; this will make the weapon scale with Arcane instead of what it normally does. The only exceptions are weapons that already have non-physical damage components, including blood (which are obviously the least useful for an arcane build). In my experience weapons that scale with anything other than arcane are only useful if you invest on that attribute as well (DEX for Burial/Mercy, STR for Tonitrus and others). I haven't tried Holy Moonlight Sword yet so I don't know if its transformed form scales solely with arcane or uses STR as well.

But yeah, Augur. Master it, love it, spam it.

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone know of any enemies that can push me out of bounds? My game glitched in the forbidden woods and the map didn't load and I saw something out of bounds that was interesting.

If I use someone's glyph and it says there is an item (Uncanny Saw Cleaver) on level 1 of the dungeon, where exactly should it be? An enemy drops it? It's in a chest? Do I get it some other way?

I went through the entirety of level 1 of this dude's dungeon and the item that's supposed to be there just isn't there.

If I use someone's glyph and it says there is an item (Uncanny Saw Cleaver) on level 1 of the dungeon, where exactly should it be? An enemy drops it? It's in a chest? Do I get it some other way?

I went through the entirety of level 1 of this dude's dungeon and the item that's supposed to be there just isn't there.

Check foe illusory walls. Uncanny and Lost weapons are sold at bath messengers in the level

Coppanuva

Finally beat the Cleric Beast! Probably my 4th try on him (and my first real Souls-type game I've gotten into). Man that felt satisfying finally taking him down. Probably laughable to most of you now but it's my first accomplishment feeling in this game so I'll take it.

Top Bottom