• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

ch4fx_

I started a 2nd character to try a few new weapons. I am currently using the Threaded Cane and plan on getting Simons Bowblade when I reach that point in the game - do I just need to focus on Skill/Bloodtingle for damage scaling?

Any other weapon suggestions are welcome, I really havent played around with too many so far.

Veelk

Banned
Cainhurst armor looks badass as fuck. Probably the best armor in the game. It doesn't go well with a rapier, but too late for that now I guess.

I don't get the whole Annalise thing though. Did I sell my soul to her or what?

Raptor

Cainhurst armor looks badass as fuck. Probably the best armor in the game. It doesn't go well with a rapier, but too late for that now I guess.

I don't get the whole Annalise thing though. Did I sell my soul to her or what?
Yes lol.

So you can get chikage.

Badass weapon and very fun to use.

Just one shothed One Reborn.

Veelk

Banned
Yes lol.

So you can get chikage.

Badass weapon and very fun to use.

Just one shothed One Reborn.

Uh....what does that mean, in terms of consequences exactly?

Also, Daarkparl beast, done in 1. Probably the easiest boss so far, disappointingly. The trickiest thing about him is that I had no idea if I was doing damage to him just based on visual indicators. He didn't stagger or flinch from my attacks at all, or else I couldn't see it for all the lightning going on.

grmlin

I spoke with Eileen and she mentioned having a bone to pick with Henryk. So like an idiot, I just watched them duke it out (I didn't know that I was supposed to take part in the battle). Eileen got slaughtered and now I can't take out Henryk myself, haha. Hope I didn't miss out on too much cool stuff by having Eileen's questline ended early.

Something similar happened with my first char.

There is a really cheap way to kill him alone though.
sneak behind him by dropping down on that roof where you found the red brooch. Backstab and visceral. Run away. Climb up the ladder to cathedral ward again. Wait a moment. He returns and you can repeat the process.

myco666

Uh....what does that mean, in terms of consequences exactly?

Also, Daarkparl beast, done in 1. Probably the easiest boss so far, disappointingly. The trickiest thing about him is that I had no idea if I was doing damage to him just based on visual indicators. He didn't stagger or flinch from my attacks at all, or else I couldn't see it for all the lightning going on.

No consequences. You just get Cainhurst Badge and a Oath Rune from doing it. It was somewhat disappointing that Alfred doesn't become hostile if you join Vilebloods.

Veelk

Banned
It's funny how addicting this game is. I had meant to stop 3 hours ago, after I finished off Logarius. Then I was "I'll just do the Healing Church Workshop, that won't take long." It did, if only because getting to the abandoned workshop was a bitch and a half. Then I decided I'd just clear out the Hypogean Gaol, because why not. As I said, Darkbeast Pearl was pretty easy. So then I decided I'd take care of the last of the survivors in that sidequest they have going on, and the last guy proved to be way stronger than I had anticipated (though apparently the key was to be aggressive as fuck, because once I went nuts and flame sworded his face, he went down fast).

Finally I decided I'd take out Rom. That fight was both easy and annoyingly hard. I was considering bringing in a Co-op because Rom is a Great Old One so if any boss warrants some help, it'd be him (not in terms of difficulty, but in terms of his story significance). But again, hyper aggression won the day because I killed him. But I didn't get any BE's from him, because I also died. We killed each other at the same time. Oh well, atleast I get this cool cut scene.

Huh, red moon. That's pretty cool.

New area. Unseen Village or whatever. Cool, that sounds fun, I'll just-

bloodborne_2015040221v1bf9.jpg

...ju...just....i'll just...i'll...

giphy.gif

Daante

I was so close in defeating Orphan of Kos yesterday.
One more hit/backstab and he would have been dead.

I cant recall the last time i tried this many times on
a single boss in videogames. I must be up to +50 tries now.

It seems fighting him out in the open water is easier for
me compared to up on the ground. I noticed that my biggest
weakness in this fight is being patient in the first phase, luring out
his jump over attack so you can get easy backstabs. I tried parrying
with the gun but i find it somewhat hard. The only attack i can consistently
pull this off is when he grabs the thing he is holding, with two hands and
make this slow attack. The other attacks he does seems more risky to try to pull parry off.

The second phase i have started to gain more experience in, and it seems
sticking to his right side being close to him most of the time works pretty
well.

I tried several tries to treat the fight as a dps race, buffing myself up etc,
but i find it to be to stressful, which ultimatley make me to loose the patient
and take unessearcy damage/make stupid attacks when i in reality should dodge.
I also have tried a few times with co-op help but havent
found the fight to be easier really.

With all this said i feel this bossfight is VERY well designed and fair, and i know i simply must get better
to beat him.

Gonna make some more attempts tonight.

Ok. I beat Darkbeast Paarl last night and trying to figure out where to go next.

I've beaten:
Cleric Beast
Father Gasgione
Blood Starved Beast
Vicar Amelia
Witch of Hemwick
Shadow of Yharnam
Darkbeast Paarl

I'm level 52 and focusing my blood echoes on Vitality, Endurance, and Strength. Saw Cleaver is +6 (my main weapon). Ludwig's Holy Blade is +5 (if I remember correctly). I also have the tonitrus.

Should I go for Rom next? Or maybe Cainhurst Castle? I also haven't been to the Chalice Dungeon yet. This is my first playthrough.

grmlin

I would go for Rom first, because Logarius is an asshole :D

And did you do Eileen's quest?

And I suck so bad against those brain suckers. Is there any valid strategy beside sneaking up on them (which is not always possible)?

I would go for Rom first, because Logarius is an asshole :D

And did you do Eileen's quest?

And I suck so bad against those brain suckers. Is there any valid strategy beside sneaking up on them (which is not always possible)?

I think I messed up Eileen's quest. I totally missed the Henryk/Eileen confrontation and it's too late for me to do it since I've already beaten Vicar Amelia.

myco666

Ok. I beat Darkbeast Paarl last night and trying to figure out where to go next.

I've beaten:
Cleric Beast
Father Gasgione
Blood Starved Beast
Vicar Amelia
Witch of Hemwick
Shadow of Yharnam
Darkbeast Paarl

I'm level 52 and focusing my blood echoes on Vitality, Endurance, and Strength. Saw Cleaver is +6 (my main weapon). Ludwig's Holy Blade is +5 (if I remember correctly). I also have the tonitrus.

Should I go for Rom next? Or maybe Cainhurst Castle? I also haven't been to the Chalice Dungeon yet. This is my first playthrough.

Before you fight Rom make sure you have done all possible quests at that point. Mainly the ones where you need to send people to Chapel or to Iosefka. I would comeback to Cainhurst later but you can go try it if you want and remember that the guys you find in the beginning of that area are super hard compared to the ones inside the castle. Do you have Tonsil Stone?

As for Chalices I would leave them for end game because you will progress very fast to the point where it gets really hard.

edit.
I think I messed up Eileen's quest. I totally missed the Henryk/Eileen confrontation and it's too late for me to do it since I've already beaten Vicar Amelia.

You should be able to do Eileens quest still since beating Rom is what locks you out of it if you haven't done the Henryk thing.

Raptor

After One Reborn I have 2 options, or I got to Upper Cathedral or Nightmare of Mensis.

What should I tackle next?

This are my stats, looking good?

This how I looked like after killing that abomination One Reborn, Bloodborne indeed lols.

Gotta love it:

Chikage is a beast.

myco666

After One Reborn I have 2 options, or I got to Upper Cathedral or Nightmare of Mensis.

What should I tackle next?

This are my stats, looking good?

This how I looked like after killing that abomination One Reborn, Bloodborne indeed lols.

Gotta love it:

Chikage is a beast.

UCW is optional so maybe do that first? You get some really good gems and Blood Rock from Mensis though so there are benefits doing at least part of it now.

Your stats look good. Just stop bumping Vit and End for now and concentrate on BT and Skill with mainly dumping points into BT. Do you have Evelyn or Repeating Pistol?

Raptor

UCW is optional so maybe do that first? You get some really good gems and Blood Rock from Mensis though so there are benefits doing at least part of it now.

Your stats look good. Just stop bumping Vit and End for now and concentrate on BT and Skill with mainly dumping points into BT. Do you have Evelyn or Repeating Pistol?
Using Evelyn and upgrading it, I put a gem that restores HP, is very little but I figured it could help using the chikage, or should I put something else?

If you have a good amount of Skill then sure, I like the weapon. Make sure you have some quality gems for it.
Both strength and skill are at 50. And my best gems are obviously slotted in HB but I have duplicates of some, mainly for upping physical damage.

Deeper into the Hamlet and there's a pretty wide clearing in view below, definitely a boss arena. Pray for me.

myco666

Using Evelyn and upgrading it, I put a gem that restores HP, is very little but I figured it could help using the chikage, or should I put something else?

If you have good Blood ATK up gem or BT scaling up gem then you could change to those to deal more damage. HP restore gem is decent choice though.

Raptor

Jeez, you went hard on that poor little witch :p
You should've seen the last fight I had with the pizza cutter character. It was funny. She actually got me good a few times because I had to learn to just dodge through her attacks and just punish her with the cutter. I play a lot differently with that weapon and rely less on parries, it was so much fun. But yeah, when I go skill build I just parry and corner fuck her.
It's funny how addicting this game is. I had meant to stop 3 hours ago, after I finished off Logarius. Then I was "I'll just do the Healing Church Workshop, that won't take long." It did, if only because getting to the abandoned workshop was a bitch and a half. Then I decided I'd just clear out the Hypogean Gaol, because why not. As I said, Darkbeast Pearl was pretty easy. So then I decided I'd take care of the last of the survivors in that sidequest they have going on, and the last guy proved to be way stronger than I had anticipated (though apparently the key was to be aggressive as fuck, because once I went nuts and flame sworded his face, he went down fast).

Finally I decided I'd take out Rom. That fight was both easy and annoyingly hard. I was considering bringing in a Co-op because Rom is a Great Old One so if any boss warrants some help, it'd be him (not in terms of difficulty, but in terms of his story significance). But again, hyper aggression won the day because I killed him. But I didn't get any BE's from him, because I also died. We killed each other at the same time. Oh well, atleast I get this cool cut scene.

Huh, red moon. That's pretty cool.

New area. Unseen Village or whatever. Cool, that sounds fun, I'll just-

...ju...just....i'll just...i'll...

giphy.gif
Well now you know what's been sending you to oblivion cloaked under the guise of invisibility. You can actually see them earlier if your insight is high enough. Have fun dealing with "ding ding."

Soulhouf

Gotta love it:

Chikage is a beast.

Haha that screenshot is awesome.

Regarding Evelyn, The HP restoring gems are so slow and not gonna change much your HP drain unfortunately, so you better put a bloodtinge gem in it.

Has anybody here ever beat Ludwig on NG++ without the help of Valtr? I tried last night and just got my ass kicked. I can dodge certain attacks decently but the first phase is aggressive as hell and sort of random. Plus his charge hits hard. It's like OHK no matter how much health you have.

Raptor

Haha that screenshot is awesome.

Regarding Evelyn, The HP restoring gems are so slow and not gonna change much your HP drain unfortunately, so you better put a bloodtinge gem in it.

Alright :D

It is imperative that I put that Warm Blood Gemstone?

Because I have more gems that it says there produce higher damage, numbers get blue not red lol.

Has anybody here ever beat Ludwig on NG++ without the help of Valtr? I tried last night and just got my ass kicked. I can dodge certain attacks decently but the first phase is aggressive as hell and sort of random. Plus his charge hits hard. It's like OHK no matter how much health you have.

Concussive attacks is super effective on him

Concussive attacks is super effective on him
I wasn't using any strength weapons. Maybe the Burial Blade would work. I made decent progress using the Blades of Mercy, but the distance is too short. Chikage, distance is too short. Threaded Cane did decent, but I don't think it staggers well enough on him. This is my first character so Pizza Cutter isn't strong enough and strength isn't super high on that character either, it's at 34, not enough chunks, put more into the Bowblade than anything else. Cane has a beast attack down gem on it too.

bestfieldscup

Neo Member
hi guys, just got bloodborne (first souls game) - I really like fast paced weapons and hate slow gameplay - should I build skill mainly over strength? Also, should I focus on the gun talent point or the other one (don't have game open right now). I think I chose trouble childhood as my class.

I have so far beaten the first boss first try and the game is pretty easy so far. I have read some of this thread - some people are asking for "what boss to go for next", are you guys looking at guides or something?

Also, how do I do that stabbing move through the body which seems to do OP damage?

thanks!

Soulhouf

Alright :D

It is imperative that I put that Warm Blood Gemstone?

Because I have more gems that it says there produce higher damage, numbers get blue not red lol.

I believe the "Warm" bloodgems add a flat bonus so it won't benefit from your bloodtinge stat.
You should have picked a good bloodtinge gem from Cainhurst IIRC.

myco666

Managed even with only one vial use. For me easiest way to deal with the aggressiveness is to just go in as hard as possible. None of his moves should OHK on NG++ at 50 Vit though the damage bonus if he hits you while dodging can probably OHK you.

Nerokis

Wow, I'm an idiot. I didn't realize the insight cap was 99, and I ended up trading 54 Madmen's Knowledge for a total of 11 insight.

Such a shame. Now a third Blood Rock is out of reach.

On another note, I'm at the
Fishing Hamlet
, and I've started using the Rakuyo. Such an awesome weapon. I've faithfully stuck to the Threaded Cane for pretty much the entire game, even when certain DLC weapons really tested my loyalty. The Rakuyo is too cool to pass up using, though. The moveset, the aesthetic, the lore behind it, and the emphasis on skill (my primary stat) made for a perfect combination.

Raptor

I believe the "Warm" bloodgems add a flat bonus so it won't benefit from your bloodtinge stat.
You should have picked a good bloodtinge gem from Cainhurst IIRC.

Thats the one Im talking about.

It adds a +13 Bloodtinge scaling or something of that nature.

myco666

Well damn. What gems are on that weapon? Seems like you do more damage than I do.

It has been a while since I used that character but what I remember gems were +25%, +24% and +23% but might be one percent lower each. Also had 50 on both Skill and Str though I don't know how much that matters with Church Pick.

Top Bottom