• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Speaking of weapons, does anyone actually use the blunderbuss style guns for the stagger? Even on characters where I've picked it up from the start, I end up grabbing a pistol for reliable parries.

grmlin

So Henryk killed the old lady and now I can't seem to damage him. Is there anything besides "get good" I should be shooting for in trying to beat him?

I think my current stats are like 20 VIT, 15 END, 16 STR, 16 Skill and everything else is untouched. I have a +3 Saw Cleaver and +3 Hunter Axe.

You mean Eileen?

The first time I did the quest I did not know that there is a fight with her and him and I run away from the hunter the moment I saw him. He killed her, of course, and I had to fight him.

I was fresh to the game and had no idea how to do that, so I cheated somewhat on him. Only read the spoiler if you don't want to fight him like a boss.

go to cathedral ward, run down to Henryk and drop down onto the roof where the red brooch could be found.
You can sneak up on him from behind, land a backstab and visceral.
run away, up the ladder to cathedral ward, wait a moment, repeat, he will return to his original position.

You can of course return later, too. You can't finish Eileens quest anymore, anyway. Sadly.

To be fair I did try all the starter weapons before choosing Saw Cleaver. I hope to like LHB, need to upgrade it a bit more though.
Don't worry about it. I'm a threaded cane nut. It's actually the only starter that I've ever leveled up fully. Everything else I pretty much drop mid game depending on what build I have.

grmlin

Don't worry about it. I'm a threaded cane nut. It's actually the only starter that I've ever leveled up fully. Everything else I pretty much drop mid game depending on what build I have.

The moment I got the Reiterpallasch I did not touch the threaded cane again... I somehow totally forgot to use it. And now I got the church pick to +10 and this thing is amazing, too.
So many weapons, so many reasons to play this game over and over again o_0

My arcane char destroys beasts with a saw cleaver and a fire gem. Pretty crazy stuff. I can see why people love it.

The moment I got the Reiterpallasch I did not touch the threaded cane again... I somehow totally forgot to use it. And now I got the church pick to +10 and this thing is amazing, too.
So many weapons, so many reasons to play this game over and over again o_0

My arcane char destroys beasts with a saw cleaver and a fire gem. Pretty crazy stuff. I can see why people love it.
I love the cane cause of the reach. You pair that up with something that excels with close combat and you have a weapon for every scenario.

Oibignose

Just platinumed Bloodborne.

My first ever platinum or 100% of anything.

First souls game too.

Truly brilliant game design. As close to a masterpiece as I have seen in this art form.

Nerokis

I love the cane cause of the reach. You pair that up with something that excels with close combat and you have a weapon for every scenario.

Yeah, I love the Threaded Cane so much. It just felt so goddamn amazing going through the game with this whip/cane combo. It's been awhile since I've fallen in love with a weapon to that extent.

First souls game too.

Truly brilliant game design. As close to a masterpiece as I have seen in this art form.

Congratulations! I need to run through the game a couple more times to get mine. Missing
2/3 endings
. Someday.

Audette

First souls game too.

Just did this myself, maybe 2 days ago? Anyways I got an email from PlayStation today literally congratulating me for beating it. Super weird and kind of neat.

Tried going straight to DS2(ps4) unfortunately I'm not nearly as big a fan of the way it plays... :( I'm going to get the Bloodborne DLC to fill my sadness.

You mean Eileen?

The first time I did the quest I did not know that there is a fight with her and him and I run away from the hunter the moment I saw him. He killed her, of course, and I had to fight him.

I was fresh to the game and had no idea how to do that, so I cheated somewhat on him. Only read the spoiler if you don't want to fight him like a boss.

go to cathedral ward, run down to Henryk and drop down onto the roof where the red brooch could be found.
You can sneak up on him from behind, land a backstab and visceral.
run away, up the ladder to cathedral ward, wait a moment, repeat, he will return to his original position.

You can of course return later, too. You can't finish Eileens quest anymore, anyway. Sadly.

This worked. Took awhile to get it to work but I got lucky and he got himself stuck in a spot that was easy to attack him twice. Now what do I do with a rune?

grmlin

This worked. Took awhile to get it to work but I got lucky and he got himself stuck in a spot that was easy to attack him twice. Now what do I do with a rune?

You'll find a hunters tool to equip it in the hunters dream after fighting a boss later in the game

The witches of Hemwick
Code:

After thinking L
udwig
was tough when facing him the first time, I have to say that this time around, a +10 saw cleaver just absolutely dominated him. Using a fast (serrated) weapon made a big difference for me.

Thinking about using the stake driver or church pick as a secondary weapon. I used the saw cleaver exclusively on this particular character, so I have a ton of mats, and wouldn't mind using a weapon I haven't touched before for NG+. 40-something strength and 25 skill, not that it makes a huge difference, with some of the crazy gems.

Eh, went with the pizza cutter for now. Little more range and power in 2h mode when I needed it. Still have enough mats for another +9 later on.

grmlin

Yeah, I did it, not platinum yet, but I saw all three endings.

When I started playing BB, dying all the time, I would have never thought that I would be able to beat it in the end!

Such an amazing game, easily one of the best games I played in my life.

neoism

Who is
Larry
?

Laurence

80895_rsz_rsz_1rsz_1rsz_kappa.png

grmlin

Laurence

80895_rsz_rsz_1rsz_1rsz_kappa.png

Ah, haha.

Ok, I heard so bad things about this one that I was scared as fuck. Got him 2nd try, only because I got stuck in the environments the first try. And thats after some serious problems with
Ludwig
and
the Orphan

Vic_Viper

Anyone have a link to a good pve build that uses the chainhurst katana?

I've seen a bunch of pvp builds but wasn't sure if there are any differences for pve.

Skii

Anyone available to do coop? I'm doing a new run through Bloodborne so I can play the DLC on NG but I'm actually struggling with Blood starved beast. Always struggled against him. I'm level 23 if anyone's up for it. Would ideally like to coop for Amelia as well. We could do it in 30 minutes if we're quick :)

Finally made it out of the freakin' Defiled Chalice Dungeon. Fuck. Now, on to the Great Isz for the remaining two Red Jellies. I just looked through the Great Isz bosses list and unless they changed it - that looks extremely easy for depth 5. I'll have to see. And then it's on to the Ihyll Chalice Dungeon.

Finally made it out of the freakin' Defiled Chalice Dungeon. Fuck. Now, on to the Great Isz for the remaining two Red Jellies. I just looked through the Great Isz bosses list and unless they changed it - that looks extremely easy for depth 5. I'll have to see. And then it's on to the Ihyll Chalice Dungeon.

Some have problems with the first boss, the second one is a surprise

Phionoxx

How is SL 120 in terms of a stopping point in NG+ for jolly co-op? Got back into the game recently to get last trophy needed for the plat and to go through the DLC. Just wondering if what the community level ranges ended up settling on for each run through the game.

How is SL 120 in terms of a stopping point in NG+ for jolly co-op? Got back into the game recently to get last trophy needed for the plat and to go through the DLC. Just wondering if what the community level ranges ended up settling on for each run through the game.

You are fine with that level for normal coop, password coop have no Level restriction anymore.

myco666

Anyone have a link to a good pve build that uses the chainhurst katana?

I've seen a bunch of pvp builds but wasn't sure if there are any differences for pve.

Just use the PVP build. Only difference with PVP builds and PVE builds is that PVP builds usually cap at certain level to have some limitations and to stay in the biggest player pool.

Chikage build I used was (30/20/25/50 | Vit/End/Skill/BT) and it seems that is the general PVP build also. After you hit those stats just keep leveling Vit to 50, End to 40 and Skill to 50.

KuroNeeko

Bloodborne noob here. Just been chipping away at the first boss:
Father G.

I manage to get him down to about
1/3 when HOLY SHEEP AT HIM TURNING INTO A WEREWOLF AND JUST RAMPAGING ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I couldn't keep up and was just laughing / howling for the entire 10 seconds or so it took for me to die.

What an "OH SHI--!" moment...

ColdPizza

Banned
Father G.

1/3 when HOLY SHEEP AT HIM TURNING INTO A WEREWOLF AND JUST RAMPAGING ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I couldn't keep up and was just laughing / howling for the entire 10 seconds or so it took for me to die.

He's technically the second boss I guess, but use your gun to stun him when he goes for an attack. Molotov cocktails work nicely too once his health is down.

bestfieldscup

Neo Member
I think I'm slightly overleveled but I am not sure how it exactly happened. I have just beat those 3 shadow people in the forbidden forest, and I just turned level 60 after it. I have a +6 cane.

Skii

Father G.

I still find it amazing how people end up with Gascoigne as their 1st boss. It's so off the beaten path.

Skii

Wat r u gusy talking bout. He's the first boss I've met...and I'm never going to beat him. lol

He's pretty easy. Just learn to parry and the fight is won basically. But if you struggle with that, just don't get greedy. And when he turns to a beast, throw some molotov cocktails as he's extremely weak to it.

So I bought the DLC the other night and I am already stuck on the first boss
Ludwig
. I'm in NG+, level 106 and I am getting my ass kicked hard. I can read his/her movements easily, but they are way too fast to react correctly, and s/he hits like a truck. I am definitely underlevel, I had 3 people try to beat him/her and we got him/her chipped away 1/8 of the health bar.

What are my options? I asked someone for advice and he said it would be better to start a new file and just play through the DLC through that file since NG+ is incredibly difficult in the DLC so I am leaning towards that.

Menthuss

So I bought the DLC the other night and I am already stuck on the first boss
Ludwig
. I'm in NG+, level 106 and I am getting my ass kicked hard. I can read his/her movements easily, but they are way too fast to react correctly, and s/he hits like a truck. I am definitely underlevel, I had 3 people try to beat him/her and we got him/her chipped away 1/8 of the health bar.

What are my options? I asked someone for advice and he said it would be better to start a new file and just play through the DLC through that file since NG+ is incredibly difficult in the DLC so I am leaning towards that.

You're not underleveled, when you summon help the boss starts with more health.I managed to beat
Ludwig
at pretty much the same level (though I died a fuckton and had to summon help from an NPC).

What weapons do you have? What are your stats?

I think it's rough going to come back to the game in NG+ and try the DLC bosses for the first time. I would definately start a new character unless you want to learn his moveset over and over.

You shouldn't have much trouble with the first phase, but the second phase is very hard to read at first because it seems like he never lets up on you. It's better to stay on him all the time in the second half unless he's doing an AoE. Just pick your moments and don't be greedy (a Soulsborne mantra I know!)

Menthuss

I think it's rough going to come back to the game in NG+ and try the DLC bosses for the first time. I would definately start a new character unless you want to learn his moveset over and over.

You shouldn't have much trouble with the first phase, but the second phase is very hard to read at first because it seems like he never lets up on you. It's better to stay on him all the time in the second half unless he's doing an AoE. Just pick your moments and don't be greedy (a Soulsborne mantra I know!)

To be honest, I thought his 2nd phase was way easier as it is much more structured than his 1st phase (still hard though). I lost count of the amount of times his charge attack got me. Most of the times I died because his hitbox collided with mine during my dodge which resulted in him basically taking me along during his charge and instant-killing me when my i-frames ran out.

kyiygYW.jpg

I fucking did it!! So happy. I had at least half a dozen times where I thought, fuck everything and would quit, but I'm glad I kept returning. So ready for Dark Souls III now.

Menthuss

Welp, that was kind of disappointing. Just killed
Orphan of Kos
and he was really easy. Sure I died a couple of times but I ultimately parried him to death. He was nothing compared to
Ludwig

Top Bottom