• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavelo

Boo! I will be going to New Mexico to visit the family and enter the local scene's fighting game tournament that will go down this weekend... BUT I DON'T WANNA GO! I'M LEVEL 20! I wanna stay home and cuddle with my guns. :(

Also: Tiny Tina...

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

It was a pleasure joining your tea party, madam. At first your ways of doing things were... disturbing. But when all things are said and done, I applaud the way on how you take care of the loose ends. :D

rbanke

I have a Vault Hunters Edition Steam code that I wont use (The card in the box says the same code also includes the Vault Hunter Ed bonus skins & 'Contraband Sky Rocket Grenade). I've already used the code that came with my GTX 680. Feel better selling it to someone here than ebaying it (if that's ok) PM me if you want it for $50.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know where "Ore Chasm" is located? I have a greyed out quest thats available there, but i dont know how to get there.

You can travel there from Eridium Blight.

Anyone already finished the "The Lost Treasure" quest (Caustic Caverns)? After ~1 hour of searching I managed to locate the Warehouse and Dahl hints. I can't find the other hints however.
I've noticed that there is a lift on this map, but the lever isn't working for me.

Seems like money and item duping are still in game. Gonna avoid it this go around because it definitely sucked the fun out of my 2nd BL1 play through on PC when all my friends and I had the same exact guns as well as 9999999 credits by lvl 25...

Been playing coop with friends with my siren and gotta say I was skeptical of Phaselock but I'm digging it now, just wish there werent so many fire enemies (I'm lvl 12). Solo, been playing me Zero and was having a ton of trouble staying alive using the Sniper tree, after switching to melee, swapping out the sniper dmg mod for a melee one, my survivability has significantly increased and I'm enjoying the class more. Idk why but I guess solo sniper builds aren't really that viable early on

filipe

I don't think I'll ever play the Borderland series but the question that has been bugging since seeing the boxart of the 1st and 2nd games.

Is this guy going to grow a 3rd arm for the Borderlands 3?

I have a hunch it would be coming from his crotch. Would be hilarious.

Mupod

Depends on how you play. All of Salvador's trees have a use with brawn being better for late game.

Yeah I think Brawn will really shine once you start getting items that boost your health a lot. I've been using it for now anyways because the only good class mod I've found has bonuses related to that tree, plus I had some survivability issues. And I really really like the ability that makes you run fast after you take damage.

At least it's cheap to respec so I can play around with the other trees whenever I want.

marrec

Banned
Been playing coop with friends with my siren and gotta say I was skeptical of Phaselock but I'm digging it now, just wish there werent so many fire enemies (I'm lvl 12). Solo, been playing me Zero and was having a ton of trouble staying alive using the Sniper tree, after switching to melee, swapping out the sniper dmg mod for a melee one, my survivability has significantly increased and I'm enjoying the class more. Idk why but I guess solo sniper builds aren't really that viable early on

Going through as solo Zero sniper right now and ya, it's a bit tough to not die but not impossible. If I can get a good vantage and kill everyone before getting close enough to worry about it though... it feels good man.

Yes, it was an exploit. pretty easy actually. you change one number in an file.

I could have as much as I want. But I dont want to use anymore so I dont break the game.

oic. I just read about that. Seems like a pretty big risk unless they've stated that they wont't be banning people. Multiplayer is this game's bread & butter...and the prospect of getting banned from that is too much.

oic. I just read about that. Seems like a pretty big risk unless they've stated that they wont't be banning people. Multiplayer is this game's bread & butter...and the prospect of getting banned from that is too much.

I thought about that. But this isnt deathmatch game.

I just changed one number in a file. Also, I was lvl 10.

I didnt even get anything that great. :p

All I`m saying is - its not worth it. I rather just play the game and find new weapons.

Going through as solo Zero sniper right now and ya, it's a bit tough to not die but not impossible. If I can get a good vantage and kill everyone before getting close enough to worry about it though... it feels good man.

My main issue were bosses, there was a lvl 8 quest where one ran at you with a shield, died 3 times and decided to respec lol. Probably didn't help that i was using a low capacity shield with a sniper mod that reduced shield capacity for higher sniper crit dmg

equil

You can travel there from Eridium Blight.

Anyone already finished the "The Lost Treasure" quest (Caustic Caverns)? After ~1 hour of searching I managed to locate the Warehouse and Dahl hints. I can't find the other hints however.
I've noticed that there is a lift on this map, but the lever isn't working for me.

The lift is for after you find all the clues.

1 is near the beginning of the level by the messed up bridge surrounded by acid, like the last pillar look around it you'll find the button. Another is by the big rotary saw looking thing, i think its behind it.

Razek

Banned
In the enkindling quest, how the fuck do I get back to where lilith was? I am going around and around looking for a path to the waypoint which is near liliths base, but I cannot fucking find a way to get up there. It is surrounded by sheer cliff.

The funny thing is that I did get up there because I found lilith.

I hate that quest, same issue for me. You follow the outside main path until you get to a divergent fork. One path continues outside and leads to a staircase, the other into a cave. Go into the cave, and make a left once you get inside, and that should lead you there.

tw1164

I was playing last night and I got confused when kept hearing a robot speaking. I'm play as maya w/ a zero co-op buddy. I thought it was zero speaking as a robot. It took a few mins for me to figure out that it was my shield speaking. I thought it was awesome, the different status updates are humorous.

I have a gun with the "I've got a soldier, siren, and a claptrap." attribute, does anyone know what that means?

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
The lift is for after you find all the clues.

1 is near the beginning of the level by the messed up bridge surrounded by acid, like the last pillar look around it you'll find the button. Another is by the big rotary saw looking thing, i think its behind it.

Thanks!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How is the loot in the game compared to the first game?

The boss loot in BL1 was GARBAGE, never used any of them and thought it was really disappointing. I like farming bosses for loot in these kind of games, so I hope it has improved.

Really on the fence about this game because most of the loot was garbage in BL1.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
In the enkindling quest, how the fuck do I get back to where lilith was? I am going around and around looking for a path to the waypoint which is near liliths base, but I cannot fucking find a way to get up there. It is surrounded by sheer cliff.

The funny thing is that I did get up there because I found lilith.

Yeah, took me FOREVER to figure out. Head south from the travel point. You need to keep left once you get to some bandit camp. It's hard to explain, but the route is like, nowhere near where you'd think.

haikira

Not sure if it's against the rules, a taboo or what. So wanted to ask first.

I currently have an offer set up on the steam trading thread, looking to exchange a bundle of stuff for anyones spare copy of Borderlands 2. I was wondering if it's cool to post the offer in here too? It makes sense, since the type of people with those spare copies, should definitely be looking around here. But i understand if people don't want the OT filled with that type of stuff.

Just to stay on topic. This game looks awesome. Some great shots in the PC Screenshots thread.

I made some progress with Maya, and I actually prefer my Zer0 right now. However, I may need to put more time in with her (only level 7 or 8.) I just love sniping...

I thought about that. But this isnt deathmatch game.

I just changed one number in a file. Also, I was lvl 10.

I didnt even get anything that great. :p

All I`m saying is - its not worth it. I rather just play the game and find new weapons.
understood. I may give it a second thought whenever I get a character to level 50. I suspect they'll have addressed it by then, but if now, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

pc exploit. Blame it on gearbox.

PC exploit, blame it on PC gamers. I mean seriously, what platform lets you set your backpack size to whatever it wants and make whatever weapon you want?

You can leave this stuff wide open, lock it with encryption, go crazy with DRM, etc., but someday, all the work you spent the last two-three years working on will be dissected, discussed, and modified because it runs on a platform that allows you to.

PC exploit, blame it on PC gamers. I mean seriously, what platform lets you set your backpack size to whatever it wants and make whatever weapon you want?

You can leave this stuff wide open, lock it with encryption, go crazy with DRM, etc., but someday, all the work you spent the last two-three years working on will be dissected, discussed, and modified because it runs on a platform that allows you to.

you can modify the backpack size????

fotr0281.jpg

DON'T....TEMPT ME FRODO.

MajorPain

I started a mission last night around 10:15 and thought I would finish it up before I went to bed and 2 hours later I was still doing this same mission. Forgot the name of the mssion but it is the one where you have to
rescue Roland
finally went to bed at 12:15 but the mission was still not complete. Good times but I dreading it when I had to wake up at 5:45 am for work. I know the game is good when it sucks me in and makes me forget I have to work in the morning. :)

FStop7

Banned
I wish handsome Jack didn't talk so much. Just let me play the game.

Yeah, this is what I meant earlier about the writing trying too hard. They came up with so many gags and one liners and they're trying to shoehorn all of them in.

I'm tired of hearing the "trap card" joke every third time I use Zero's stealth ability.

Meme regurgitation is funny once or twice but not so frequently.

It's not a huge deal but it does have an impact - when you put 50-100+ hours into a game hearing the same gags can become a real annoyance.

Hobohodo

Don't think I saw an answer from when I asked before. Is there a optimal way to play through this game? Like with BL1 most people said you should do PT1 skipping out most side quests to finish around level 35 to then get straight into PT2. Anything like that this time round?

I wish there was a little less dialoge in the game. On occassion, I am in the middle of battle and I miss whole lines of dialouge.

Yea and you will have parts cue dialogue while Jack is speaking overriding him, while I'm in the middle of a big battle as well. So much of the story or whats going on, I completely miss.

Wallach

Yeah, this is what I meant earlier about the writing trying too hard. They came up with so many gags and one liners and they're trying to shoehorn all of them in.

I'm tired of hearing the "trap card" joke every third time I use Zero's stealth ability.

Meme regurgitation is funny once or twice but not so frequently.

It's not a huge deal but it does have an impact - when you put 50-100+ hours into a game hearing the same gags can become a real annoyance.

If you turn off "Player Callouts" under audio, you won't hear any more of that stuff coming from your character.

Razek

Banned
Don't think I saw an answer from when I asked before. Is there a optimal way to play through this game? Like with BL1 most people said you should do PT1 skipping out most side quests to finish around level 35 to then get straight into PT2. Anything like that this time round?

Everyone has different style of play. Personally, I say skip the side quests again, but that's just me.

Gotchaye

If you turn off "Player Callouts" under audio, you won't hear any more of that stuff coming from your character.

Oh, thanks, I should do this for Zero. It feels like this should only be a minor gripe, but I find myself really missing "mine, mine, aaand mine" and "(laughs) I'm really good at this".

I'm also getting more and more frustrated with the menu UI. It rivals tripping in Smash Bros Brawl as a glaring error that just makes everything else less fun.

Everyone has different style of play. Personally, I say skip the side quests again, but that's just me.
I agree with this. Do the sidequests that are on your way to other stuff and which don't take backtracking and you'll be on-level for all of the main quests.

Coconut

Banned
Yea and you will have parts cue dialogue while Jack is speaking overriding him, while I'm in the middle of a big battle as well. So much of the story or whats going on, I completely miss.

On top of that since it is a multiplayer game I'll be trying to talk to people and dialog starts. I liked BL1 for the concise nature of it's humor. Yeah it's funny that Handsome Jack is eatting crappy pretzels and owns a diamond pony. It's fun but not when I'm trying to formulate some kind of plan or trade weapons with somebody.

Am i the only one who finds it hard to control on consoles? like there is some serious input delay?

I did a test and capped the game to 30fps on PC and it has almost no input delay yet on consoles, also 30fps, it has horrible input delay.
Tests on same monitor done btw

Why dont i just play on pc you ask? all my buddies are on console.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I wish handsome Jack didn't talk so much. Just let me play the game.

Handsome Jack talking has pretty much nothing to do with your playing the game. Are you just standing in one place every time he starts talking?

see5harp

Am i the only one who finds it hard to control on consoles? like there is some serious input delay?

I did a test and capped the game to 30fps on PC and it has almost no input delay yet on consoles, also 30fps, it has horrible input delay.
Tests on same monitor done btw

Why dont i just play on pc you ask? all my buddies are on console.

I find it really hard to play on console but only because of the framerate. I still think the game looks great and actually prefer a gamepad for some of the menu UI and mapping. I can play on PC and just get crit after crit but when the game gets really crazy with a ton of enemies it can get tough on 360.

Razek

Banned
I find it really hard to play on console but only because of the framerate. I still think the game looks great and actually prefer a gamepad for some of the menu UI and mapping. I can play on PC and just get crit after crit but when the game gets really crazy with a ton of enemies it can get tough on 360.

Don't tell me this, I'm playing on PS3 all weekend with buddies since they don't have PCs :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How is the loot in the game compared to the first game?

The boss loot in BL1 was GARBAGE, never used any of them and thought it was really disappointing. I like farming bosses for loot in these kind of games, so I hope it has improved.

Really on the fence about this game because most of the loot was garbage in BL1.

new page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom