• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
Am i the only one who finds it hard to control on consoles? like there is some serious input delay?

I did a test and capped the game to 30fps on PC and it has almost no input delay yet on consoles, also 30fps, it has horrible input delay.
Tests on same monitor done btw

Why dont i just play on pc you ask? all my buddies are on console.

it's not a stable 30fps on consoles but you will get used to it. I abandoned my console friends and made some new PC ones.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, this has frame rate issues on 360? Dammit. Looked so interesting, local co-op and all.
Does the frame rate issue exist on split screen as well, or is it even worse?
Frame rate issues are a deal breaker for me. Crysis 2, Halo Reach (and others), both (partially) ruined by frame rate issues.

joelseph

Wait, this has frame rate issues on 360? Dammit. Looked so interesting, local co-op and all.
Frame rate issues are a deal breaker for me. Crysis 2, Halo Reach (and others), both (partially) ruined by frame rate issues.

No. This is gaf.

Gaspode_T

Not a happy camper - I went through trouble to plop down $59 to get it on Steam and it is still at "Pre-load" because I am in Japan, it says release date in Japan is October, if they make me wait that long I will ask for a refund. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to convince it that I paid for it with US funds and US address and should be able to install it whenever the heck I want.

Razek

Banned

You can farm the bosses this time around. I'm not done with the game and skipped a lot of sidquests, but there are a few sub bosses in particular that are incredibly easy to farm that give decent loot, xp, and eridium drops. I haven't seen anything in particular that is on the level of the secret boss in knoxx though in terms of decent loot.

see5harp

I don't think there's any significant issues with framerate on 360, it's only apparent when you go from PC to 360. If I had started playing on console I probably would not have noticed anything.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This game is sooooooooooooooo co-op now.

Solo-ing now is entirely different than before. Some bosses, and even enemies, are just incredibly difficult if you're alone. I'm finding myself running out of ammo completely during some fights.

Coconut

Banned

What game this gen have you played that didn't have framerate issues? To me if I couldn't compare the two it wouldn't be a big deal. But since I can I really notice it on my 360. The framerate is far more improved compared to the first game, but calling it a stable 30 would be a total lie and saying there isn't noticable input lag to those a little more in tune to that stuff is a lie as well.

These timed missions really are the worst. Oh you delivered all of the packages in time? How about you get back to the other side of the map within the time as well?

So devoid of creativity or any "fun"

I have encountered some drops on the Xbox 360. In some areas (the one with the toxic waste and the threshers) it went to sub-10 FPS for 5 seconds or so, but usually it stabilizes. It's perfectly smooth 99% of the time, but it does drop to around 20 when there's a lot of enemies and you throw a lot of graneds around. It's nowhere near unplayable and nowhere near Crysis 2 levels.

Jarate

Banned
yeah, no framerate issues yet, but for some reason the opening cinematic seems to have a low FPS

maybe they were going for the 24 fps to make it more cinematic?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Well I'm playing on the PS3 with a buddy that was over, he was playing as my second character. When he left I went back into my badass rank screen and saw that all my boosts were gone and my rank was back to 0. The really bad news is that the progress is still the same meaning all those ranks are now gone and useless. Anybody have an Idea of what to do?

Just noticed all my skins are pretty much gone too. Lost a gold chest key somehow, I'm guessing that the game says i don't have the premiere club but when I press start it says I do.

I'm pretty mad at this point!

Use separate accounts. Separate system accounts. Sharing means you will not be able to save due to system limitations. Separate accounts will allow you both to save everything.

Punisher

Neo Member
Not a happy camper - I went through trouble to plop down $59 to get it on Steam and it is still at "Pre-load" because I am in Japan, it says release date in Japan is October, if they make me wait that long I will ask for a refund. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to convince it that I paid for it with US funds and US address and should be able to install it whenever the heck I want.

Had the same experience >< Unlocked it by using a VPN!

I used spotflux.

Woorloog

Banned
I have encountered some drops on the Xbox 360. In some areas (the one with the toxic waste and the threshers) it went to sub-10 FPS for 5 seconds or so, but usually it stabilizes. It's perfectly smooth 99% of the time, but it does drop to around 20 when there's a lot of enemies and you throw a lot of graneds around. It's nowhere near unplayable and nowhere near Crysis 2 levels.

Doesn't sound too good. Longer periods (in shooters, 5+ seconds) under 25 is really shitty.
Really wish more games had demos.
Guess i'll wait till price drop before trying this, or waiting till demo (if ever) or till i get to test this somewhere. Jumped in blindly a few times this gen, not doing that anymore.

These timed missions really are the worst. Oh you delivered all of the packages in time? How about you get back to the other side of the map within the time as well?

I tried my first one last night and failed it; said screw this and went back to other quests. Won't be doing those.

haikira

Since no one responded in rage, when i asked about putting an offer up for anyone's spare copy.

2x Natural Selection 2
Torchlight 1
Dead Island (Steam code)
Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC for Arkham City
Any game under 10 Dollars.

Willing to trade all for a spare copy anyone may have. Can send the extra NS2 code to a friend of yours.

scy

Quest design in general almost always seems to be a miss for these kinds of games.

How is Siren? Still deciding between Siren and Commando... Not a fan of Zer0 I think

Starts off very slow, I can tell you that. Cataclysm tree isn't that great to me aside from Flicker. Helios does measly damage and the rest of the other skills seem useless. Harmony + Motion seems like the way to go, IMO.

abundant

How is Siren? Still deciding between Siren and Commando... Not a fan of Zer0 I think

She's really good for soloing or coop. She has some Class Mods that gives the entire team health regen and her Phaselock is great - very short cool down and really helpful for stopping the bigger enemy types like Nomads, Bruisers, and of course bad asses.

joelseph

Doesn't sound too good. Longer periods (in shooters, 5+ seconds) under 25 is really shitty.
Really wish more games had demos.
Guess i'll wait till price drop before trying this, or waiting till demo (if ever) or till i get to test this somewhere. Jumped in blindly a few times this gen, not doing that anymore.

Stop sipping the gaf koolaide. The game has no noticeable framerate issues.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

A good gun will make any class good. The lack of weapon affinities will do that...

Skill wise, I've found phaselock to be the best thing ever. It works on almost all enemies, has sick range, and you can upgrade it to the point where you won't have much trouble soloing a badass. Bosses that can be phaselocked are also pretty manageable - phaselock boss, aim for the head, run away and wait for phaselock CD, repeat.

Also, Siren makes a WONDERFUL support class. I was able to revive my friend last night by phaselocking the boss so I could get him up. A+ class

This game is sooooooooooooooo co-op now.

Solo-ing now is entirely different than before. Some bosses, and even enemies, are just incredibly difficult if you're alone. I'm finding myself running out of ammo completely during some fights.

Yeah it gets pretty bad especially when all the good damaging guns are all 2x and 3x ammo as well. I ended up going with Gunzerker after a while because of his ammo regen.

joe2187

Banned
Hello my name is joe

and ....and I'm addicted to playing the slot machine in sanctuary...I am always broke whenever I leave sanctuary and I only complete quests to make more money to spend on the slot machine, I also sell everything the machine gives me...so I can make just one more spin

Edit: @above yeah the slots are too addicting. My buddy got 3 borderlands symbols and it spit out a legendary, so jealous!

I'm kinda pissed. My buddy and I both have the +5% rare loot drop relics from gamestop and we didn't get a single drop from
Wilhelm or the first Thresher boss
. Not a single drop, no guns shields nothing. What the fuck? Anyone else experiencing this?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah it gets pretty bad especially when all the good damaging guns are all 2x and 3x ammo as well. I ended up going with Gunzerker after a while because of his ammo regen.

I prefer it this way. All of my guns use 2x bullets, but yes - they're super powerful. I've upgraded my ammo caps to help. It's a very interesting balance that you need to satisfy that meets your play style.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hello my name is joe

and ....and I'm addicted to playing the slot machine in sanctuary...I am always broke whenever I leave sanctuary and I only complete quests to make more money to spend on the slot machine, I also sell everything the machine gives me...so I can make just one more spin

My friends and I spent upwards of $60k between the three of us yesterday. At least $25k of that was mine. -_-

But honestly, what else do I need money for?

marrec

Banned
I'm kinda pissed. My buddy and I both have the +5% rare loot drop relics from gamestop and we didn't get a single drop from
Wilhelm or the first Thresher boss
. Not a single drop, no guns shields nothing. What the fuck? Anyone else experiencing this?

I experience the horrors of statistics everyday of my life.

*shudder*

Autofokus

Anyone know whats up with this Gearbox Shift thing? I signed up in-game, confirmed the registration e-mail, website says my PSN profile is linked - but no shift code, which means no additional golden key. :/

So has there ever been any word down from on high why there isn't any instanced loot? Programming difficulties due to co-op local play on consoles? Because of P2P netcode? Design decision?

Razek

Banned

Definitely. I started a new game as Axton and it was so much harder doing anything when you run out of ammo all the time. I just went back to my Salvador game so I could have ammo regen haha.

Woorloog

Banned
Stop sipping the gaf koolaide. The game has no noticeable framerate issues.

Oh but i notice them all. I've seen people calling Crysis 2 on consoles smooth and seen people saying they didn't notice the framerate drops in Halo Reach (which, while uncommon, are heavy). Incredible bullshit. Could go on about examples but i won't bother. (There are some games i forgive, but not one of them is a shooter).
So, if there are heavy framerate drops, i want to test a game beforehand.

marrec

Banned
Anyone know whats up with this Gearbox Shift thing? I signed up in-game, confirmed the registration e-mail, website says my PSN profile is linked - but no shift code, which means no additional golden key. :/

I got mine automatically without having to enter a code.

This led me to believe that the 'shift code' is not the mechanism you use to get the key and in fact you get the key just for signing up using the in-game interface.

Am I the only one who uses the vehicle as a Warp Station?

You can leave it where you need to be, go to any Scooter Station and then teleport to the deployed vehicle you've left on the other side of the map. Helped me on a ton of boss fights where I kept eating it.

hamchan

Dunno about you guys, but I'm finding the inventory on PC much worse compared to the first game, way harder to use. Other than that the game is pretty much better in every aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom