• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

equil

This game. THIS FUCKING GAME.

If I had to make a list of all of my small grievances with the first game I'd have to put a checkmark next to each one as Gearbox has really gone to town making a ton of small and large changes that fix... everything.

My only gripe, and this is at level 12 mind you, is that fast travel locations are few and far between so far, thus limiting their utility a bit. As I get more used to the game things might work out better though, but we've hoofed it a lot, and thats something that at least for me works a lot better when playing solo and exploring the world and taking in all the sights.

On that note, exploration is so much better this time around. Its nice to go off the beaten path and find a whole area that seems to have no quests to it, but is worthwhile to check out anyway.

Being able to inspect the weapon models is also a huge plus in this game, and even the small amount of customization. Even the vehicles feel much better once you give yourself some fun time to break them in.

This game is going to stay by my xbox for a long time to come.

You should be fast traveling a lot more later on.

May have to pick this up before work, games like this suit me rather than giant story driven games.

With BL1 I could drop in drop out and have fun killing bad guys and level my chracter.

Ooccoo

Minor nitpicks :

-respawning kind of sucks (but takes long), especially of bosses
- spawn points feel as artificial as in the first game
- voice actors can get on your nerves (f u Scooter)

KarmaCow

Question about some quests after the Wilhelm fight.

I went to put in his power core to sanctuary and saw that a side quest was available just before I put in the core. I decided to get that quest after I finished putting in the core. Well if you're reading this you must know what happens after you put in the core so did I miss out on that quest?

Coconut

Banned

I went to put in his power core to sanctuary and saw that a side quest was available just before I put in the core. I decided to get that quest after I finished putting in the core. Well if you're reading this you must know what happens after you put in the core so did I miss out on that quest?

No.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition

Nope

niiiiiice

WwuSl.png

Yea... I play a lot. You should see my SF4 time on my Xbox !

Gorillaz

still early in the game... lvl 13...but uh

roland and lilith? lol

Do they show you what happens to all the original borderlands characters?

Hope this game is profitable for you all at Gearbox, Adam. More Borderlands would be nice. Can't wait for the DLC packs too.

Ditto. Gearbox knocked it out of the world with this. So impressed and can't wait for DLC. I was gonna wait to see what the first DLC was gonna be, but fuck it i'm getting the season pass as soon as I can. I absolutely love this game.

I just beat the game. I really love this game, but I spent a good bit of the last level just brute forcing my through. I started with a little over $100000 and finished the game at $49000 that was all from respawn costs. The last boss fight gave me ton of issues. I had to respec from bloodshed to cunning for Zer0 because I just wasn't getting the damage I needed to do for the fight to work. This is taking into consideration I had one of those needler style pistols and got up for every second wind, but at some point the second wind bar started dropping instantly. I could see a bloodshed Zer0 working there in a group where he concerned himself with adds, but forget attacking the boss. Also after I left to respec when I came back to try the boss again I ended bugging the first phase of the boss fights adds causing them to stay. In essence I had double the amount of enemies for that encounter then I should have. Also the boss had two beam style abilities it was always unclear how you could avoid it.

I still love the game and the last boss gave me this. The rounds will bounce I think after hitting their target. Its a strange effect.

dmr87

Trending world wide, people going cray cray. And it isn't exaclty primetime in EU/US. Morning in EU, early to late night US, non-weekend.

Brief trend but still.

4a1de98c2e8f069c9967216fa33a0b0f24ed257a.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I just beat the game. I really love this game, but I spent a good bit of the last level just brute forcing my through. I started with a little over $100000 and finished the game at $49000 that was all from respawn costs. The last boss fight gave me ton of issues. I had to respec from bloodshed to cunning for Zer0 because I just wasn't getting the damage I needed to do for the fight to work. This is taking into consideration I had one of those needler style pistols and got up for every second wind, but at some point the second wind bar started dropping instantly. I could see a bloodshed Zer0 working there in a group where he concerned himself with adds, but forget attacking the boss. Also after I left to respec when I came back to try the boss again I ended bugging the first phase of the boss fights adds causing them to stay. In essence I had double the amount of enemies for that encounter then I should have. Also the boss had two beam style abilities it was always unclear how you could avoid it.

I still love the game and the last boss gave me this. The rounds will bounce I think after hitting their target. Its a strange effect.
I got jack crap from the last boss. Just like a bad purple and blue grenade mods :(

That said I just stood still for 4 minutes and killed it. Maybe I was in a good spot by accident or something. (Salvador)

Psi

I have a talking shotgun. It's not even the best shotgun I've got but I keep using it because it cracks me up.

I took the shield for that. It's long since been useless but I can't bring myself to sell it so it's in the bank. I figure I'll double them up on my next character.

Hammer24

Banned
Finally got around to pop the game in - what a fantastic experience!
Two quick questions:
- Did the shift signup, but the link I got by email doesn´t work. What gives?
- How do you get the third and fourth weapon slot to open?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know some folks are having a hard time with this game, but so far it feels too easy to me. I just took down Wilhelm in like 30 seconds. I'm trying to rush through the story to fight higher level enemies, cause I want a challenge.

Naite

Finally got enough skill points to use Many Must Fall (Zero's final Bloodshed skill). I definitely recommend having the Execute skill too if you want to use it because the timer only goes back to 2 seconds when you reenter Deception.

Right now I've pretty much stuck strictly to melee attacks unless I'm fighting a boss or airborne character (which I often taking jumping swipes at if they're low enough). Most enemies die in one to 3 melee hits and I'm constantly getting health for each melee, plus I'm constantly getting melee attack bonuses from my shields continuously recharging and breaking. And I haven't even put any points into Counter Strike yet.

Currently a level 30 Siren. 37 hours of playtime. Haven't beat the game yet but I'm pretty close. I've been trying to complete every side mission before continuing with the story. Not to mention, I get caught up wandering around when something catches my eye.

1 thing I dislike are those timed missions. I don't like being rushed, lol.

Other than that, what an amazing game. Don't think I'll be able to play anything else for a while.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Where's the bank? I heard it's in the Crimson HQ... but where?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Its a giant vault door on the 2nd floor. If you missed that you need your eyes checked son. :D
Hrmm. I looked all around. I think I might have been locked for the story mission I was on... Or yeah, maybe I'm just oblivious. :)

Atruvius

I have skin for Gunzerker and Zer0 that I already own. Come to my game today and I'll give you the one you want.

I'm playing on Steam right now. Level 14 Siren.

Finished a big story mission
rescuing Roland
Jeez, it was so intense with 3 commandos and 1 siren. So much crap to collect. So many enemies to kill.
It was beautiful...

I got jack crap from the last boss. Just like a bad purple and blue grenade mods :(

That said I just stood still for 4 minutes and killed it. Maybe I was in a good spot by accident or something. (Salvador)

Maybe it was a reward for putting up with so much shit, but I must have picked up at least 10 purples besides the shotgun.

Desmond

Postman's just dropped off my PS3 copy. Came in a slipcover. :)

Can I put the P.C Code in now, or wait till i'm levelled, for the chest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom