• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atruvius

Just got my first glitched quest: Mighty Morphin'. I am supposed to kill a mutated varkid, except I can't find the one that mutated and can't mutate any other varkids.

iNvid02

what about a gif

EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP AND EXPLODE

a9zkoj.gif

edit: i've decided to stick with zero, just to see if it gets easier and more fun as i progress

but second playthrough will definitely be maya

Zzoram

The other stuff you get doesn't matter. It's 3 starter guns that will last you maybe 30 minutes to an hour into the game. It's almost better to wait to redeem the code so you don't accidentally use the golden key.

How are you guys playing Zer0? Melee fest or sniping?

IHaveIce

Banned
So I bought it a couple of minutes ago.

I'm torn between Zer0 or Maya.

Glad that the Premier Club stuff is just packed in in the retail copies here in Europe

I absolutely love the shotguns in this game and especially the one's that get more accurate after firing each shot. Having a shotgun with 15 shells per reload makes for one heck of an accurate killing machine.

I threw all my premiere club guns away almost immediately

Same here. They were beyond useless from the get-go.

Figured out what the legendary I got does finally. Once the rounds hit something they split into a new set of four and spread from the impact point in four separate directions.

Jaroof

Reached Level 25 with my brother earlier.
This game...
SO. GOOD.
Seriously, it might be my GotY. It's sooo much fun, and so hilarious.
I don't remember the last time a game has made me laugh so hard at it.
I'm not even sure if I'll be able to stop once I beat the game.
It's so addictive!

So I bought it a couple of minutes ago.

I'm torn between Zer0 or Maya.

Glad that the Premier Club stuff is just packed in in the retail copies here in Europe

I got Maya. She starts out slow but once you reach Level 15-20 you will really see how fun she is. I am definitely going towards the Zer0 route once I reached Level 50 with Maya, though.

abusori

I wasn't sure about Salvador at first, but...let's just say shotguns, sniper rifles, and rocket launchers are pretty neat when their first shot does 40% more damage after switching to them and you don't ever have to reload.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Maybe it was a reward for putting up with so much shit, but I must have picked up at least 10 purples besides the shotgun.
I killed the boss 8 times tonight and it drops 1-3 purples.

I remember it doing the same on 1st kill. It does drop 15-23 eridium though.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have yet to play the original game. Should I get on it before buying Borderlands 2? How are the campaign modes? I'm afraid I don't have time for proper multiplayer.

I have yet to play the original game. Should I get on it before buying Borderlands 2? How are the campaign modes? I'm afraid I don't have time for proper multiplayer.

Nah. Just buy Borderlands 2. It is not like you are missing much of the story and BL2 is miles and miles better than BL2. Why waste the time on an inferior product when compared to its predecessor?

Riggs

Banned
I want to try zero but I mean you can't get new swords as loot. Just upgrade's for melee via the skill system. So no graphics changes for his melee weapon right?

Seems kind of limited, but I will try him. Next play through if definitely Gunzerker or Maya though for me.

JoeBoy101

I want to try zero but I mean you can't get new swords as loot. Just upgrade's for melee via the skill system. So no graphics changes for his melee weapon right?

Seems kind of limited, but I will try him. Next play through if definitely Gunzerker or Maya though for me.

Some guns do melee instead of his sword. If they provide a melee bonus, you use it for HtH.

BL1 is a good game and cheap so if you are interested you might as well play that. You don't have to play BL1 before BL2, but you can definitely not play it after.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just got my first glitched quest: Mighty Morphin'. I am supposed to kill a mutated varkid, except I can't find the one that mutated and can't mutate any other varkids.

Hopefully this helps. The quest sucks.

Kill a couple of varkids and you'll see these pods start popping up and growing. Get to them fast before they burst open and press the button prompted when you are close to it (For me it is X using the 360 controller on PC).

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Just wanted to say it! :p

Played a lot more last night. Got up to the last part of
the rescue Roland mission (after he`s taken by the robot thingy)
but then it was too late and I had to sleep and wake up early for work. :(

I wish this game had more points where you can appear when you load the game back up again. However, thats a small nitpick for this great game.

Got to lvl 15 with my melee Zer0, and I sont understand people`s complaints. The game has been pretty easy so far, except for one guy (
Mad Mike - he had this exploding gun that downed me with one shot
) who killed me like 4 times. :p

But that I put points in Be Like Water Skill (alternates between gun damage boost and melee damage boost), Im just killing even Goliaths pretty easily.

Right now Im using:

- corrode sniper rifle (awesome!)
- fire pistol (not as strong, but +50% melee damage)
- that same SMG from yesterday.

Im enjoying this game too much. Can`t wait to play more and more and more and more and more......ok Im done now :p

Gong

I want to play as Lilith :(

I feel the same in regards to Mordecai, but I'm glad they chose a whole new roster of characters to mess around with in the end. I decided on Salvador but I'll definitely do a run with Zero at some point such is the beauty of the Borderlands series: one playthrough is never enough :)

just noticed something that seems a little strange, perhaps.
on the pal version of borderlands 2, 'xbox 360' is listed by the other 'features'; how many players, leaderboards etc.
i had a quick look at banjo-kazooie: nuts & bolts & gears of war 3 & neither of them mentioned xbox 360 in the same style as the other live features. have i missed something or is this a new thing? am i looking into it a bit too much?

alba

Little is the new Big
So the bank isn't shared then? I connected with my second character and got the bank unlocked on both but it's not shared?! Or is there like a separate shared stash somewhere? :O

Hokhoku

Banned
Those sites are frowned upon on here I believe. The only one GAF seems to trust is GMG.

I have bought from that site many times and I had no prob

I am just posting in case someone wanted to buy it and decided to wait for a discount

If its prohibited I apologize

Torraz

THe only premiere club weapon that was worth half a damn was the sniper. I used it until I got the sniper from one of the first quests.

I didn't realize you could buy skins for different characters so, as Maya, I bought a Zer0 skin and Unlocked it.

When I start a Zer0 run, will it be unlocked for him?

eek5

Just finished the bandit slaughter side quest. The quest itself was a lot of fun. Not sure how I feel about the reward though. I guess the way it shoots is cool but it seems pretty useless outside of making it "hail" lol

Darklord

Banned
Probably really obvious but as the Siren can I only use certain guns? I pretty much find only pistols and the occasional shotgun or sniper. I'm wondering if I should restart and go as one of the other classes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Probably really obvious but as the Siren can I only use certain guns? I pretty much find only pistols and the occasional shotgun or sniper. I'm wondering if I should restart and go as one of the other classes.

All classes can use all guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom