• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its finally come
8008885435_e5ff7ecd77_b.jpg

And im sooooo happy we get both boxes over here :D

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
I work with some developers who do things like this. Uploading code via SVN and not bothering to put any useful info in the comments to let other coders know what got changed.

Developer rage unite! IIRC, GBX were pretty good about the patch notes for BL1 so maybe this was just pushed as fast as possible because of the then imminent EU unlock hordes, hence the slim pickings.

@Adam, can we get the details for patches even if they are minor changes?

Started playing this morning, went with Salvador as Roland was my first choice in BL1 and fancied a change. Can't say no to dual wielding either.

Is anyone still getting the .NET repair/remove dialog on each startup? I thought GBX/Valve had pushed a fix for that. I'm hitting Cancel for now and the game runs fine.

Riggs

Banned
So I am playing solo as commando. I barely ever see good assault rifles drop. A lot of good drops but always pistol/sniper/shotty. Anyone else notice this?

alba

Little is the new Big
So I am playing solo as commando. I barely ever see good assault rifles drop. A lot of good drops but always pistol/sniper/shotty. Anyone else notice this?

Exact same situation here which is why I'm playing axton with a pistol/shotty/sniper xD

Mupod

How many rounds do arenas have? My friend and I beat round 3 of the bandit one before we decided to just keep advancing the story for now.

Also, partway through one of the later rounds I heard him burst out laughing right before his character died. He said it was because he was laughing too hard at the enemy he just saw and he forgot what he was doing. I went over there to investigate and I'm greeted by a
Midget Goliath.

MajorPain

Game is so much fun been doing co-op with a friend about 3 hours a night since launch.

Does the loot get better? I haven't found anything great yet - not sure if my buddy the ninja is grabbing all the good stuff or what.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can someone spoiler tag how I'll know when I've started the "third act" everyone is referring to? I just
got the uplink established to floating Sanctuary
and want to know about how much longer I've got!

sneaky77

I am enjoying the game quite a bit, even solo, although co-op is definitely much more enjoyable, it doesn't feel like its very well balanced for solo play.
The only thing that annoys me is the not save anywhere feature.. that really should be a no brainer in this kind of game. Or at least spawn me at the last checkpoint I passed not at the entrance of the world.

ParityBit

So I will finally be able to play this game tonight, even though I have had it since Tuesday. I plan on playing mostly solo until one of my friends get it (I refuse to play in a PUG when they will just steal all my loot)

What character do you suggest that I be?

one_kill

I need help with one of the first optional missions:
the audio tapes
I somehow got the first two via coop. I'm not sure where to find the last one.

Riggs

Banned
Thanks for responses I think it's definitely a drop issue w/ assault rifles. Still having a blast though. Also does it make me a bad person for wanting to literally kill Tina Tina? I want to stick a bomb in her mouth !

U2NUMB

Game is so much fun been doing co-op with a friend about 3 hours a night since launch.

Does the loot get better? I haven't found anything great yet - not sure if my buddy the ninja is grabbing all the good stuff or what.

My friends and I (about 8 of us) jump in and out of each others games and actually save items we find that will work for other friends classes. Every time I log on I have people wanting to give me stuff. So there is good loot for sure so sounds like the ninja in your party might be sneaky.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I will finally be able to play this game tonight, even though I have had it since Tuesday. I plan on playing mostly solo until one of my friends get it (I refuse to play in a PUG when they will just steal all my loot)

What character do you suggest that I be?

Kind of a hard question to answer with no real info on what you like. All classe are viable solo with the right guns.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I need help with one of the first optional missions:
the audio tapes
I somehow got the first two via coop. I'm not sure where to find the last one.

Select the quest in your quest menu. One is near the house Sir Hammerlock comes out of. The other is in the main part of town.

Mupod

Thanks for responses I think it's definitely a drop issue w/ assault rifles. Still having a blast though. Also does it make me a bad person for wanting to literally kill Tina Tina? I want to stick a bomb in her mouth !

She looks, sounds and talks like my cousin. It freaks me out. That and her lazy eye, I have no idea if that's intentional or not but it's terrifying.

triggaz

Banned

Me too I'm dying for a good assault rifle. Wish they had a auction house in this game. Not a real money one but just one in general.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Probably really obvious but as the Siren can I only use certain guns? I pretty much find only pistols and the occasional shotgun or sniper. I'm wondering if I should restart and go as one of the other classes.

No, but you can get certain class mods for SMGs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I like fun! Actually, I'm not really sure. I guess that is part of my issue too.

Each class has a speciality, so that's where you might start! Check out the various abilities each class has and then feel free to inquire further - they each play radically differently based off of how you put your special skill to use.

Me too I'm dying for a good assault rifle. Wish they had a auction house in this game. Not a real money one but just one in general.

I don't think it's an issue. I've gotten a bunch. I haven't gotten revolvers though. They're still separate from repeaters in this game right?

I'm having trouble connecting to my friend on xbox live. I keep getting the "Cannot connect to host" message. Both of our NAT types are set to open and we can join other people's games, we just can't directly connect to each other. Does anyone have know what we are doing wrong?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm trying with steam's support first. Amazon probably needs a return.

Fair point, but prepare to wait. ;)

Edit: By which I mean it's essentially the weekend, so don't be surprised if you don't hear back until early next week.

orion434

I have some questions if anyone can help.

What is the MAX level and at that level how many skill points will you have?
Can you have more than 1 Tier 6 Skill?

Meier

I never played any co-op in BL1.. just did it all solo. Can I hop into someone else's game who is further along and resume my "solo" game? How does the save system work in this regard? Do I just progress further and maybe miss an achievement or two due to not completing missions?

Are these talking guns people are talking about mission rewards or random drops? I know about
the one you get from an AI core in a mission
but it seems people are talking about different ones. Do they have the red text? I don't want to miss them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom