• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I have to leave for a wedding today, which means I won't be able to play BL2 until Sunday night :(

Life sucks right now (but I am a level 12 Siren, so it's all cool)

Dizzle24

I'm playing as Zer0 and man, sniping is soooo good. I never ever ever play sniper in any game, so I thought to change it up and it was a good decision! On my way to Sanctuary can't wait to see what's up there.

char0n

I'm playing as Zer0 and man, sniping is soooo good. I never ever ever play sniper in any game, so I thought to change it up and it was a good decision! On my way to Sanctuary can't wait to see what's up there.

Same here! They either "fixed" or made sniping more forgiving because I haven't been able to get consistent enough headshots on moving-faster-than-walking targets in FPSs since UT2004 to make it worthwhile but now I'm in headshot heaven. That and the crit bonuses are crazy good. I'm almost rethinking my "Melee with sniping backup" build. Almost.

XeroSauce

You know what the best part about Zer0 is?

He speaks almost entirely in haikus.

Hearing his trap card haiku alone makes me laugh so hard, it's worth it.

syoaran

Same here! They either "fixed" or made sniping more forgiving because I haven't been able to get consistent enough headshots on moving-faster-than-walking targets in FPSs since UT2004 to make it worthwhile but now I'm in headshot heaven. That and the crit bonuses are crazy good. I'm almost rethinking my "Melee with sniping backup" build. Almost.

I'll be honest, I've tried level 10 on every class now and the sniping feels pretty much the same on every person. While your going to max up your damage with Zero, it's completly viable to play as a Sniper Maya for example (CC'ing one, headshoting another). Feels more fluid as well

Physics at max on a 470 and its amazing. Will post gif/video combo of it as soon as its uploaded. Very impressed that such an old card can still perform

KarmaCow

Yea I've been sniping with Maya more now because I've been getting shitty SMGs. In the time it takes to kill one enemy with a SMG with an elemental effect, I can often headshot an entire group of enemies or even just run in, one shotting fools with the bagillion shotgun I've been getting.

Razek

Banned
I'll be honest, I've tried level 10 on every class now and the sniping feels pretty much the same on every person. While your going to max up your damage with Zero, it's completly viable to play as a Sniper Maya for example (CC'ing one, headshoting another). Feels more fluid as well

Physics at max on a 470 and its amazing. Will post gif/video combo of it as soon as its uploaded. Very impressed that such an old card can still perform

It's been discussed before, but I absolutely recommend Gunzerker for Sniping due to his ammo regen, allowing the player to play the fast/burst shot snipers at no cost.

The Wildfire Preservation story quest is mind blowing. Holy mother of God.

Indeed, this game gets
seriously heavy at times. Them all talking back at sanctuary about the bloodwing 'glitch' that happened all the time in the first game as though it was some intentional thing was really touching too.

Shtof

So, is it safe to buy PS3 version on disc? Splitscreen performance anyone? Leaving for Gamestop in a few minutes.

Moss

Kind of disappointed that the interior boxart directly lifts elements from one of the Star Wars posters I did for Mondo/Lucas a while back.

8009239084_28118bf7f9_z.jpg

Just seems a bit lazy.

Great game though. A++++++ Would play again.

char0n

You know what the best part about Zer0 is?

He speaks almost entirely in haikus.

Hearing his trap card haiku alone makes me laugh so hard, it's worth it.

Holy shit I only half noticed that! I love his little quips when you go into deception but never realized they were actually haikus.

I meant sniping in general in the game. I've actually taken none of Zer0's sniping perks and really barely looked at that tree aside from the low levels (I'm planning on maxing Bloodshed then putting most of my remaining points in deception) but with how good sniping already is I'm considering it more since it seems like something that could be made insanely powerful.

Played some coop last night with mauaus. Had a blast wish I could have played longer, but made me realize its a blast with other. I usually play in the evening est, if anyone wants to play my psn is darkjedi187. can't wait to play more this weekend.

Coconut

Banned
All right so last night I heard claptrap start beat boxing and in few seconds he just start basically makes fart noises with a beat. That was pretty funny, but then i got to Tiny Tina who is someone doing a really annoying Kristen Schaal routine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does anyone know if the Tip Moxxi $10,000 Achievement is cumulative, or is there actually a Tip $10,000 option once I have that much in my inventory?

syoaran

It's been discussed before, but I absolutely recommend Gunzerker for Sniping due to his ammo regen, allowing the player to play the fast/burst shot snipers at no cost. [/spoiler]

That completely makes sense, but my co-op friend is already a Gunzerker ;)

As I was talking about it before, just wow at the PC ver.

8009278743_82b3c2703b_o.gif

My gif making skills suck - so I've included the original clip below

https://vimeo.com/49913585

TheContact

I chose the Shield because I already had a pretty good epic rifle I found. I wish I had chose the weapon now just to stick that thing in the vault.

Also, I can't really figure out how the Ammo absorption shields work. I'm standing here letting enemies shoot at me, I see on my shield a + Sign with an icon of what type of ammo is being absorbed when the shield procs, but my ammo doesn't go up.

IHaveIce

Banned
Played till level 9 with the Siren, love it, but I never ran out of Ammo in Borderlands 1 lol, kind of awkward to do so now in 2.

Still try to figure out which way I will skill her.

Mupod

It's been discussed before, but I absolutely recommend Gunzerker for Sniping due to his ammo regen, allowing the player to play the fast/burst shot snipers at no cost.

Funny you should say that, I actually found a burst shot sniper rifle and started using it mid-arena to try and work toward the headshot challenge, and it did the job amazingly well. The recoil is significant but my Siren partner's phaselock makes it super easy to kill things with. As a gunzerker I never run out of ammo for anything ever so I've definitely been exploring the multiple shot-consuming weapons since they seem more powerful.

I just really wish I had a fourth gun slot so I could carry dual shotguns + sniper + rocket launcher. Hopefully it's not far off.

Anyways I looked around and it seems arenas go up to round 5? Is this accurate?

eek5

Funny you should say that, I actually found a burst shot sniper rifle and started using it mid-arena to try and work toward the headshot challenge, and it did the job amazingly well. The recoil is significant but my Siren partner's phaselock makes it super easy to kill things with. As a gunzerker I never run out of ammo for anything ever so I've definitely been exploring the multiple shot-consuming weapons since they seem more powerful.

I just really wish I had a fourth gun slot so I could carry dual shotguns + sniper + rocket launcher. Hopefully it's not far off.

Anyways I looked around and it seems arenas go up to round 5? Is this accurate?

You unlock the 4th slot around level ~18-20. You should probably already have the mission (or completed it) you just need to turn it in and pick it up.

Yes there are 5 rounds.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Did the update yesterday fix co-op issues? Noticed that I didn't have to turn on DMZ to play with my friend though I do still have a million ports open lol.

How do you mean DMPrince?

And yeah, it's fairly distracting with everything being thrown about. I think for the 2nd playthough I'll turn it to medium

it doesn't look as destructible. I don't even remember that area being so cluttered. i even threw a bomb to test and it looked meh.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Anyone found a masher revolver yet? I sadly think they have been removed from bl2.

It is the revolver that fires x7(or so) like a shotgun, with accuracy and reload speed like a revolver.

XeroSauce

Kind of disappointed that the interior boxart directly lifts elements from one of the Star Wars posters I did for Mondo/Lucas a while back.

Just seems a bit lazy.

Would have been cool if they had contacted you about it and not completely taken the canyon lines and colour scheme. Would have been a nice in-reference.

Just seems a bit lazy.

Olly...love your work.

Also...carry on with Borderlandsing.

Badgerst3

Roland's rescue mission was cool. And looonng.

What level average are folks using their golden key? I am level 12 and have 2 purples.

Does the chest later drop orange or pearl items?

I may split it down the middle and open at level 20 or so. I read somewhere randy is gonna "offer" golden keys somehow, soon.

This game just gets coop right. On the 360 anyway. Been mixing single with coop as Axton. Loot keeps drawing me back. Love shock sniper rifles and the sizzle sound enemies make as they die.m

Conceptor

Saved my ass many times with it's OHKO capability.
Mine too!

Really enjoying the game so far. Best (re: funniest) moment so far must have been during the second bandit slaughterhouse event. About 5 or so Goliaths + some badass midgets spawned in together, and I lobbed an electric bouncing grenade into all of them, causing them to enrage and fight each other, allowing us to just sit back and watch until there was one left. So gooood

Beaulieu

Just seems a bit lazy.

thats bullshit...
people here are not reacting but if this was an other company or a bad game, gaf would be bitching like crazy.

sue them

LkPr

It has probably been mentioned somewhere but I cannot find it right now ... will the Creature Slaughter Dome DLC be made available at some point, to those who did not pre-order at Gamestop?

Darklord

Banned

Just seems a bit lazy.

This is what happens when you deprive people of your awesome artwork in such limited quantities. They seek there fix somewhere else.

I wanted those star wars posters dammit. :(

I posted last night my dilemma, I was a 16 and playing main story against level 20s. So I went back and started doing side missions. I'm a 19 now and feel like I'm much stronger than before, but still going to do more side missions before heading back to main story.

It seams all of the cool weapons don't start until you hit level 19 or so.

Avinexus

thats bullshit...
people here are not reacting but if this was an other company or a bad game, gaf would be bitching like crazy.

sue them

I don't think you can actually win a lawsuit for something like that, unless they were selling it, and even then, can you copyright (or whatever the correct term is here) an art style? I mean, there are probably a million different things that have used that art style, especially after he made those Star Wars posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom