• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

For the love of all that is holy, has anyone found all 5 of the car keys for that area challenge? I've been stuck at 4 out of 5 for literally hours, and I can find absolutely nothing online on this except a couple of other people also stuck at 4 out of 5. It's driving me fucking crazy and I can't progress until I find it.

Edit: Finally fucking found it, someone updated the wiki apparently sometime today with the last location. I should have found it before now -_-. I can't tell if it's better or worse that it was mostly me being stupid as opposed to it being somewhere jacked up.

DarkKyo

I just found the Starry Night Gunzerker skin, desperately looking for the Starry Night Assassin skin if anyone wants to trade!

Teknoman

I think you need to mark weapons you don't want with the red X. That marks it as trash and you can use the sell all options.

Wow, so thats how trash option works. lol I just thought it would auto sell crappy weapons under your level or something.

Should be diving into this over the weekend. Have to finish up Sleeping Dogs first.

How much larger is this then the original Borderlands?

Has anyone played the slot machines and gotten three Borderlands logos in a row? I'm assuming that's a jackpot and you'd get a killer gun, but I've yet to achieve it myself. Best I've gotten in the slots are blue guns so far and I've poured tons of money it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait.. The Oily Moss dude actually posts on GAF?!

Holy shit. Your awesome dude, I love your work. You did those Avengers posters too right? Those are fucking amazing.

Does anyone else have a gambling problem at Moxxxi's or is it just me? I can spend up to $10,000 just winning eridium and, weapons, and skins. Also what do you get when you get the triple Borderlands icon, and triple bells?

Mikey Jr.

That depends. I am going straight down the Cataclysm tree and once you get the final ability + Helios your phaselock will have shock, fire, and corrosive damage ticking off on a slagged enemy. I plan on using my phaselock as a way to get someone out of the fight and let all of that elemental damage tick off while I deal with the guys that aren't in the phaselock.

Thats true. I guess I'll wait till I get the last skill.

Though I'll be honest, the damage output for helios seems low. I just feels like respecing, putting 1 point in helios, and putting the rest in the skill that ups magazine size.

Addnan

Has anyone had a problem where their game just stays stuck in LAN mode(PC)?

My friend can't select online all of a sudden. He was hosting, he restarted his game for some reason and now he can't open his lobby, just stays in lan :/

When he clicks on DLC it says can't connect to steam servers. Any solutions?

Alienups

Does anyone else have a gambling problem at Moxxxi's or is it just me? I can spend up to $10,000 just winning eridium and, weapons, and skins. Also what do you get when you get the triple Borderlands icon, and triple bells?

I just spent 80k so yeah....

3 logos is a legendary and three bells nets you a purple i believe.

Got around 65 eridium this time.

Edit: wrong on the bells :p

Has anyone played the slot machines and gotten three Borderlands logos in a row? I'm assuming that's a jackpot and you'd get a killer gun, but I've yet to achieve it myself. Best I've gotten in the slots are blue guns so far and I've poured tons of money it.

Any two with non-bell: White weapon
Any two with bell at end: Cash
x3 Bells: Lots of cash
x3 Bandits: Live grenade
x3 7's: Random Manufacturer Character Skin (Tediore, Vladof, etc.)
x3 Cherries: Green Weapon
x3 Legs: Blue Weapon
x3 Marcus: Purple Weapon
x3 Borderlands logo: Orange Weapon
x3 Eridium Bar (1): 4 Eridium
x3 Eridium Bars (2): 8 Eridium
x3 Eridium Stack (3): 16 Eridium

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm..._spent_a_majority_of_my_time_doing_in/c6arwoy

Big thank you to the guy in gamestation who gave me pre-order code when I didn't pre-order.

What's the general consensus for the coolest character to start with?

Does it matter what weapons I use?

Pillville

I just came here to also b1tch about the save/continue system.

I hate that they put checkpoints throughout levels, and tell you that all progress will be saved when you exit, yet when you load your game, you're back to the last fast travel station and all enemies/bosses has respawned.

When I die I can start at a checkpoint, so why can't they start me there when I load a game as if I had just died.

I am a busy man. I have a full time job, wife and kids. I almost NEVER have more than 1 hour to sit and play a game. I've been trying to get through Bloodshot Stronghold, and never have enough time. This has got me really upset because I'm loving the game, but I'm finding it hard to make progress.

EekTheKat

That
"Run through the electric fence!" gag
was almost a strangely profound revelation for me, since I've been playing
mmo's for close to a decade now, and I'm more or less programmed to do quests as quick as possible following the quest wording word for word without question.

Whether it's actually the most logical thing to do didn't really matter to me, only the wording of the quest did. Claptrap's trolling really worked out to be a real eyeopener.

Esch

Banned
any deals for this? dont wanna pay 60...
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Raide

I am sure torn. Pre-ordered this on 360 a few weeks back, so I would get the pre-order bonus stuff and the Mechromancer. Now I am toying with getting the PC version. If I don't have a pre-order, am I pretty much wrecked getting the PC version DD?

Derrick01

Banned
Just had another quest glitch out on me. This time it wasn't one of those arena quests so I don't know how to reset it. Shit's getting annoying.

eek5

You guys should gamble in groups that way everyone gets each other's eridium/cash. You'll at the very least almost break even, maybe.

I am sure torn. Pre-ordered this on 360 a few weeks back, so I would get the pre-order bonus stuff and the Mechromancer. Now I am toying with getting the PC version. If I don't have a pre-order, am I pretty much wrecked getting the PC version DD?
This isn't GW2 lol. You can get it DD from greenmangaming. Use GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY for 20% off (comes out to $43.20). Not as good as the preorder price w/ the 25% off but better than retail.

Did anyone else encounter the "Do No Harm" (Dr. Zed mission) glitch with Tannis? I can't turn in the mission to Tannis and so far the only fix is to play it again with a friend in co-op, making sure to follow the quest-line.

Is anyone reaching this point in the game soon? I really want to fix this because I'm sure it leads to more missions. My PSN name is my GAF username :)

XeroSauce

Did anyone else encounter the "Do No Harm" (Dr. Zed mission) glitch with Tannis? I can't turn in the mission to Tannis and so far the only fix is to play it again with a friend in co-op, making sure to follow the quest-line.

Is anyone reaching this point in the game soon? I really want to fix this because I'm sure it leads to more missions. My PSN name is my GAF username :)

Common glitch but you found the solution, play it with a friend that hasn't done the quest yet.

char0n

You and anyone else who says this are nuts! He is this gen's HK-47. My favorite NPC.

This, I'm always surprised when I see Clap-Trap hate, but maybe it's a certain type of humor that just doesn't work for some people, but it's the same humor that makes up all the dialog in the game.

Raide

This isn't GW2 lol. You can get it DD from greenmangaming. Use GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY for 20% off (comes out to $43.20). Not as good as the preorder price w/ the 25% off but better than retail.

If I get this, am I going to have to pay for the Mechromancer DLC down the line?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
You and anyone else who says this are nuts! He is this gen's HK-47. My favorite NPC.

No. Let's not go this far. I loved HK-47 but Claptrap, while funny at times, does get kinda annoying.

Regardless of opinion on fake robot personalities, does anyone know if the creature slaughter dome is a one-time thing succeed or fail or can you repeat it as many times as you want or desire? Obi-Wan KenAdam, you may be my only hope! =P

Vodh

Can't decide! GAF, give me a hand!
size said:
or
size said:
?

Want to run around with guns and do a lot of damage.

Don't particularly love Zer0's active skill and the focus on crits but he seems to have a better overall damage buffs and with this build would be able to effectively use pretty much all guns, and the accuracy seems like a big buff. Plus he looks badass.

Maya on the other hand seems better at AoE damage but I hate that she's pretty much forced into elemental damage weapons, and doesn't have nearly as many damage buffs. But her active skill sounds more neat.

I found another slot machine out in the desert while being attacked. I stopped firing long enough to play a few times.

Carm

Well I feel a little stupid for not paying attention to things on screen. PC version, Delete key is the sell items marked with an X button, but it only works while on the buy menu and not on the sell menu... Never noticed it showing sell trash on the buy menu, always switched to sell one and it's not shown there.

Kind of disappointed that the interior boxart directly lifts elements from one of the Star Wars posters I did for Mondo/Lucas a while back.

8009239084_28118bf7f9_z.jpg

Just seems a bit lazy.

Great game though. A++++++ Would play again.

congratulations, you're a pop culture icon, i saw it, didn't think it was by you because i don't think you'd do it again in this way, but i immediately knew it was your "style"

fake edit: just saw that you posted it on twitter as well.
eh, i can't blame you for wanting this to be known to those who may not know. i'll say no more except that i respect your work.

Any two with non-bell: White weapon
Any two with bell at end: Cash
x3 Bells: Lots of cash
x3 Bandits: Live grenade
x3 7's: Random Manufacturer Character Skin (Tediore, Vladof, etc.)
x3 Cherries: Green Weapon
x3 Legs: Blue Weapon
x3 Marcus: Purple Weapon
x3 Borderlands logo: Orange Weapon
x3 Eridium Bar (1): 4 Eridium
x3 Eridium Bars (2): 8 Eridium
x3 Eridium Stack (3): 16 Eridium

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm..._spent_a_majority_of_my_time_doing_in/c6arwoy

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone else have a gambling problem at Moxxxi's or is it just me?

I've poured at least $75,000 into the machines there and the one at Holy Spirits. The way I see it, I never spend money at the vending machines so I might as well gamble it all away.

codhand

I just don't get that with so many amazing movie posters, why would you crib from one of the most high profile films of all time?

I've poured at least $75,000 into the machines there and the one at Holy Spirits. The way I see it, I never spend money at the vending machines so I might as well gamble it all away.

seems reasonable to me. only things I buy from vending machines are skins when they pop up. and you get a probably 30% of the investment back in guns you can sell back or cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom