• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
Just finished the Wildlife Preserve story mission,
Bloodwing ):

Loving this game so far, playing through as Zero at the moment but I'm really tempted to start again already and play through as a Siren.

Type2

Is anyone else continuously losing their connection to steam or is it just me?

Getting a bunch of purple and blue guns from my first trip to
Fyrestone. There's also a mission to get TK Baha's gun.

I am as well. I just took a break since I was soloing for a while and got bored. but it seemed like it would flick on and off constantly.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Steams offline for me. Just when I finally got around to setting up my new couch ensemble and ate dinner ready to rock -_-

Megasoum

Banned
I just finished the Cultist side quest. First quest that annoyed me. Way to much running around. And I hate it when they end the quest in the middle of nowhere...now I have to run all the way through the zone again just to get to a fast travel spot. I wish we had some kind of heartstone to bring you back to Sanctuary every hour or something.

maks

picked it up on 360, wish i got it on steam instead. Any good deals for pc version? Looks like im out of luck on the pre-order bonus if i switch :(

Derrick01

Banned
Is anyone else continuously losing their connection to steam or is it just me?

Getting a bunch of purple and blue guns from my first trip to
Fyrestone. There's also a mission to get TK Baha's gun.

Yeah and when I went to play just now, with steam working, I was forced to either upload my local save or use the steam cloud one which is weird because even when connection was lost I've never ever been prompted with that before.

It also just went down again while I'm playing now.

dalin80

Banned
Currently rocking a high accuracy scoped shotgun, damn thing is like a sniper on steroids and a critical hit machine my only two criticisms so far are the annoying starting enemies and the weapon select UI.

Haven't got far in yet though.

What's everyone favorite class so far?
Siren.

Still starting out (just hit lvl 10), but Maliwan flame sniper rifle + purple Maliwan flame SMG + Torgue triple barrel explosive shotgun and maxed elemental chance skill = everybody dies, and in absolutely horrifying ways.

Phaselock + point blank triple barrel boomstick makes anything go to forever sleep.

With a few more levels she'll be a co-op healing and reviving machine. And have 4 different class mods on hand, just waiting to hit level 11 to put them to use.

Derrick01

Banned
Just my luck. I found a really good elemental sniper rifle but it just happens to be a talking one. It constantly berates me for killing things, and when I reload it'll say things like "well at least you stopped shooting for a second!".

:\

niiiiiice

WwuSl.png

10 days 9 hours 20 minutes? Didn't it come out four days ago today?

FStop7

Banned
Just my luck. I found a really good elemental sniper rifle but it just happens to be a talking one. It constantly berates me for killing things, and when I reload it'll say things like "well at least you stopped shooting for a second!".

That's perfect.

Aww, I'd love to find something like that. Good sniper rifle that gives me shit all the time.

Megasoum

Banned
Just finished the
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
sidequest. Not bad and it took me a good 5min of randomly hitting the 3 buttons to get all the green lights and summon the last boss lol.

Not as funny as the
Top Gun
sidequest tho.

Just finished the
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
sidequest. Not bad and it took me a good 5min of randomly hitting the 3 buttons to get all the green lights and summon the last boss lol.

Not as funny as the
Top Gun
sidequest tho.

i didn't realize it was a puzzle, in fact i still have no idea what i clicked, the last person came out anyway and i killed him too.

Derrick01

Banned
Aww, I'd love to find something like that. Good sniper rifle that gives me shit all the time.

She uses a perfect a sarcastic tone too.

"He might not have been so bad if you would have just talked to him"

"Now you're wasting ammo?"

"Kids on (some planet I forget) don't even have access to ammo"

It's in the Crimson Raiders HQ in Sanctuary, no? Or is that thing different?

The bank is on the 2nd floor. Only opens up after you do a specific mission. The other bank that you can share with your other characters is also only opened after a specific mission, and it's located within the city of Sanctuary.

So if a pistol damage says 150x2, it fires two bullets, each doing 150?

Also, after slogging, is it best to switch to a non slog gun to finish them off?

I've just arrived at Ellie's in The Dust. Anyone at this point that would mind my company? It's kind of hard to reach out to everyone through the Steam group effectively.

Nelo Ice

Banned

I got the exact one with corrosive from one of the sidequests. Though I sold it since I don't use snipers and already had a nice corrosive smg.

Megasoum

Banned
Is it just me who taking the quests in the wrong order or are all the side quests really making you go throught the dungeons a second time? I spent the whole night yesterday doing the
Dam mission
and now that that's done I got the side quests to
Go in the hideout with the pizza and then back to the dam to use the AI Core

Not sure I want to spend another 1-2h to go through the whole 2 zones again...ugh.

hamchan

The music in this game is awesome. I especially like some of the battle themes and the Fink's Slaughterhouse battle theme.

Oh no wonder, Jesper Kyd is composer. Love his work.

kafiend

Is it just me who taking the quests in the wrong order or are all the side quests really making you go throught the dungeons a second time? I spent the whole night yesterday doing the
Dam mission
and now that that's done I got the side quests to
Go in the hideout with the pizza and then back to the dam to use the AI Core

Not sure I want to spend another 1-2h to go through the whole 2 zones again...ugh.

Lots of the side-quests send you into parts of the level you will not have been in before. The first one you mentioned does I think. The second side-quest you mentioned is amusing and worth doing BTW.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just finished the game's story mode. I was going to go in with some friends but then Steam maintenance got in the way so one-man-one'd it.

Non-Spoilers: Love the final boss, ending was... Alright.

Spoilers:
Final boss was really cool and really fun, but not really challenging. Maybe it was my level, my load-out, but had no real problems with it, but still had a lot of fun with it. Was really cool to fight something so friggin' huge too. Pretty epic final battle, and Handsome Jack's battle was interesting even though I beat him in literally 30 seconds.

I was a bit disappointed the ending was so... Non-ending. And really short. But it was kinda cool to have the credits end and start right back where you ended to give you the feeling there's still a lot more to do. Also was fairly heart-warming reading all the thanks from Gearbox peeps in the credits.

And now to try the new mode I unlocked.

Megasoum

Banned
Lots of the side-quests send you into parts of the level you will not have been in before. The first one you mentioned does I think. The second side-quest you mentioned is amusing and worth doing BTW.

Yeah you're right about the first part. I'm doing the other one too. It's not the end of the world. It's just not the most fun I could have with the game let's say.

Just finished the game's story mode. I was going to go in with some friends but then Steam maintenance got in the way so one-man-one'd it.

Non-Spoilers: Love the final boss, ending was... Alright.

Spoilers:
Final boss was really cool and really fun, but not really challenging. Maybe it was my level, my load-out, but had no real problems with it, but still had a lot of fun with it. Pretty epic final battle, and Handsome Jack's battle was interesting even though I beat him in literally 30 seconds.

I was a bit disappointed the ending was so... Non-ending. And really short. But it was kinda cool to have the credits end and start right back where you ended to give you the feeling there's still a lot more to do. Also was fairly heart-warming reading all the thanks from Gearbox peeps in the credits.

And now to try the new mode I unlocked.

I played the last mission with a fellow gaffer and concur on the difficulty level and ending.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, question. On the main menu it showed my friend who was level 8 playing with 2 other guys. Next to his name was a red skull. Trying to join his game said "poor match" and wouldnt even let me join. It wouldnt say join, just invite and view profile despite being 3/4 players. Anyone what that is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom