• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

I wish I had a decent camera or a way to make screencaps, because I have an awesome looking sniper rifle and it shoots god damn laser beams.

CTE

Got my first Orange after the Boom and Bewm fight back on level 4 or so. Lobbed Bonus Package grenade mod that does 234x10 damage. It spawns child grenades after the initial explosion.

Do those bulletpoints effect all weapons when equipped or just this weapon?

It just for that gun.

FStop7

Banned
Soloing Dr. Mercy as Zero was harder than I thought. After dying 5 or 6 times I finally ended up killing him by kiting him out of his base and running him over with a vehicle.

This game's difficulty is either buggy or incredibly inconsistent. When I play in a party, almost every enemy of similar level (-2 to even to me) seems to put me down in about 3 hits no matter what I do. I'm geared to the teeth for the level, but it doesn't even matter. Just did the Hyperion Circle of Death and it was one of the most difficult things I've ever soloed in a video game.

99.9% of people will never finish it if it didn't get some kind of difficulty bug from a friend dropping in and out of the game (because flying enemies kept getting stuck and I needed him to shoot them). Again, almost everything in there kills me in about 3 hits, and you fight about 20 guys at a time. RPG loaders are the most retarded enemy since bagpipes. They fire salvos of rockets constantly that almost one shot you, they have ridiculous health, and you fight 4 or 5 at a time.

Then you go and fight the bosses on the main storyline and they are completely piss easy to the point of being laughable. This game has the most inconsistent difficult I've ever seen in any game ever. You'll have those pathetic boss fights where you can just stand out in the open and eat everything, but then you'll enter an area where basic enemies knock your ass down in 2 hits. It's INCREDIBLY frustrating.

Uncle AJ

Corrosive Caverns was a lot of fun.

I killed the boss in about 10 seconds by
Gunzerking to ignore knockback force, then punching each leg once

What exactly are the practical benefits to raising bullet speed? I'm thinking of zero's skill in the sniper tree that raises it by 100% at 5 points.

Wallach

What exactly are the practical benefits to raising bullet speed? I'm thinking of zero's skill in the sniper tree that raises it by 100% at 5 points.

Bullet velocity varies a lot from weapon to weapon. Some weapons have slow enough projectiles that it can be hard to hit moving targets; basically it extends the distance you'll reliably be able to engage with weapons that have slower bullets (on top of the gun and crit damage the skill also provides all guns).

JoeFu

Banned
I wish there was a way to roll back quests...

My friend invited me last night right as he finished a story quest that was ahead of me, and I had no idea. Last night it gave me the option to redo the story quest, but today when I loaded the game back up it's telling me to turn the quest in...

I kinda wanted to know what happened. I guess I'll just watch it on youtube or something.

UNLESS

Anybody playing on steam going through Wildlife Preservation right now? I would love to join you...

sneaky77

I wish there was a way to roll back quests...

My friend invited me last night right as he finished a story quest that was ahead of me, and I had no idea. Last night it gave me the option to redo the story quest, but today when I loaded the game back up it's telling me to turn the quest in...

I kinda wanted to know what happened. I guess I'll just watch it on youtube or something.

UNLESS

Anybody playing on steam going through Wildlife Preservation right now? I would love to join you...

did you say no to redoing the quest?

JoeFu

Banned
did you say no to redoing the quest?

No, I hit yes to redoing it last night saved and quit, but when I loaded the game just now it said I already finished it and need to turn it in. And I know for sure I wanted to redo the quest as I was heading to the next area, but decided I wanted to sleep. Now it's telling me to just turn it in to Roland.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Soloing Dr. Mercy as Zero was harder than I thought. After dying 5 or 6 times I finally ended up killing him by kiting him out of his base and running him over with a vehicle.

I killed him easy as hell with Axton, the constructor was a pain in the ass though. That's a fucked up boss fight.

I fell through the world four times and lost ~12k as well as motivation to play. Restarted my client and it still happened. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. I was in a vehicle each time it happened.

Randdalf

Is it just me who taking the quests in the wrong order or are all the side quests really making you go throught the dungeons a second time? I spent the whole night yesterday doing the
Dam mission
and now that that's done I got the side quests to
Go in the hideout with the pizza and then back to the dam to use the AI Core

Not sure I want to spend another 1-2h to go through the whole 2 zones again...ugh.

Ha, we just fought all the way through the original Dam quest then decided to TP back to Sanctuary to refill our ammo before fighting the boss... when we realised that the TP station was one way and we'd have to go through that entire area again.

Quick Match and Server Browser work, but not inviting friends. I couldn't get it to work even with port forwarding etc, but luckily Hamachi can let me play with friends so I'll keep using it until the game's fixed.
Other than that, I did some quests rumored to be buggy and luckily too, I did not encounter said bugs so I'm happy and hope it'll stay that way until the end.

not alot of twitch streams of maya. she's sucha beast. beat the game last night solo and now going through true vault hunter. the step up in challenge is nice.

twitch.tv/heyitsbbg for anyone who wants to stop by. I've been casting the casting the game pretty much since launch. wanna squeeze every last drop from siren before I move to torchlight 2.

JoeFu

Banned
ugh seriously, I don't feel like playing through the game unless I see what happens in the mission it's making me skip :( Anybody on Wildlife Preservation playing on PC?

I bought the season pass when it was priced at £7.99 and I just tried to add it from my inventory to my library now. It says I need to own the base game "Borderlands RU".

Is it just me, or did they sell everyone the Russian version of the season pass?

Santiako

I bought the season pass when it was priced at £7.99 and I just tried to add it from my inventory to my library now. It says I need to own the base game "Borderlands RU".

Is it just me, or did they sell everyone the Russian version of the season pass?

No, it worked fine for me.

Chris R

Tired of waiting on Amazon, rented it from Redbox for the weekend until my copy arrives :(

Badass points are across characters correct? So do the challenges carry across too? Or could I just start new character after new character (hope I can skip the opening stuff after watching it once...) to farm the easy points?

Wallach

ugh seriously, I don't feel like playing through the game unless I see what happens in the mission it's making me skip :( Anybody on Wildlife Preservation playing on PC?

I'm on that quest in the story, but I'm really not feeling well tonight so I'm about to hit the sack early. If you don't get it done tonight though I'd be willing to hit it with you tomorrow, maybe in the morning or something.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm on that quest in the story, but I'm really not feeling well tonight so I'm about to hit the sack early. If you don't get it done tonight though I'd be willing to hit it with you tomorrow, maybe in the morning or something.

Aw thanks, but I have to work in the morning :(

I think I'm just going to do side missions until my other friend catches up to me.

ezekial45

Banned
Tired of waiting on Amazon, rented it from Redbox for the weekend until my copy arrives :(

Badass points are across characters correct? So do the challenges carry across too? Or could I just start new character after new character (hope I can skip the opening stuff after watching it once...) to farm the easy points?

I don't think the challenges cross over. There's no need to since the stat buffs effect every character anyway. You just pick up where you left off.

I'm sure that this has been posted but I just got a shield that absorbs some of the bullets that enemies are shooting at me and puts them in my backpack. :)

Challenges reset for each character you make, but you need progressively more and more badass levels to get points.

Edgeward

So disheartening to see your friends all in solo games and wanting to join but can't connect to any of them. Fix this, Gearbox, please. =(

Well now, since my floor flooded earlier today, and I was stuck at home because I needed to open all the doors while it dried, I finished this glorious piece of human accomplishment.

I completely cheated on the final boss, which is completely easy to do.
Just die, and then when you respawn, jump on the platforms behind the caution sign. Then jump on the rocks. You will be able to see into the main arena and shoot the Warrior. When you get low on ammo, just hop on down to the ammo vending machine, stock up, and then hop on back to your perch. It should take you thirty minutes depending on your weapons. You should take a fast SMG, a sniper rifle for when he goes into the middle and you can only see his horns, and a missile launcher for when he is on the sides. The fourth weapon can be anything.

KdMgMan

Can someone spare a 48 hour trial code for Xbox live. I really wanna play some co op with some friends right now.

Also the TMNT reference by far was the funniest mission.

does anyone know how many guns there are in this game? I mean actual different gun 3d models, not counting permutations of different effects (i know that number is said to be like 87 billion or something >_> )

Between the people banging on walls, and Clap Trap's dubstep/beat box, the Sanctuary is a minefield of irritating noises. Gearbox needs to let us kill off people in the Sanctuary if they are going to put all these obnoxious sounds all over it.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
So disheartening to see your friends all in solo games and wanting to join but can't connect to any of them. Fix this, Gearbox, please. =(

We are on it. We may have figured out the culprit. I'd recommend turning on DMZ on your router and turning off port blocking items if at all possible.

Fix is currently in QA and will see if this is the culprit. Our awesome programmers set up a lab in our office with a bunch of different routers to see what the culprit was and they think they know.

PlayDat

Quick question: I played through the original game and the DLC mostly by myself with my ipod on since there wasn't much of an emphasis on story. Is the story and humor good enough this time around for me to bother paying attention or will I be fine listening to my music/podcasts from the get go?

Quick question: I played through the original game and the DLC mostly by myself with my ipod on since there wasn't much of an emphasis on story. Is the story and humor good enough this time around for me to bother paying attention or will I be fine listening to my music/podcasts from the get go?

Some will disagree, but despite the game placing a higher emphasis on it's story/humor, it still isn't very good and is outright irritating at times. You'll be fine listening to music/podcasts while playing it, it might actually be the way to go.

SoulUnison

Banned
I wish ammo dispensers had a "Fill All Ammo" one-hit button.

And for all the talking Gearbox did about how "the PC interface is optimized for the PC version," I really dread inventory management in this game. Why can we only fit six items on screen? I wish the inventory was more Diablo-style, where you can see and mouseover your entire pack at once, there's really no reason not to do it.

Also I don't remember feeling anywhere near as frustrated by the "Fight For Your Life" system in the first game. The new "black spot" in the middle of the screen is just frustrating. Plus there's a death cutscene now and typically a long trek across areas without vehicle stations or fast travel, for the most part.

These are pretty much my only gripes with the game, though.

newsguy

Ok, so I'm sure in all of these pages this has been said, but the side of the port a potty that reads
dook hut no fapping
is amazing.

Type2

if anyone needs a co-op buddy my zer0 is level 20 and ive been playing alone all day -_-.

hatemehnow is my steam handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom