• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Are there any hidden valuable loot in Jack's Underdome consturction site? In Oppourtunity? Because I'm at the quest where
Moxxi is telling me to use the foreman's charges to blow it all away

The dialog in that mission is hilarious.

If you know what I mean...
dicks... I'm talking about dicks

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Are you guys in CO-OP games when you enter Sanctuary and are missing the bank because someone else completes the mission?

If you don't know what I'm talking about because this indeed did happen,
After hearing Roland's message you have to go to the bank and take a voice recording from The Firehawk out of the bank to listen to it and continue the main quest.

Edit: WTF Jakeh111

Megasoum

Banned
I'm going through the Bandit Sloughterhouse right now... That shit is INTENSE lol. And I know I'm repeating myself but the music KICK ASS (and I'm really not into that kinda of music normally).

So I'm level 20 and I've just got to
Sanctuary in the sky.

How much longer, considering I want to do every side quest, do I have left approximately? Feels like I have a good chunk of content left still!

By the way, game of the year so far.

KingKong

Holy shit this
Rescue Roland
mission took Forever. It was such a slog going through the bandit hideout, just room after room after room of enemies

is there anywhere to look for specific ps3 impressions? I've been searching around but can't find anything.

Looks like I might double dip on the ps3 version since all my friends refuse to play games on PC.

Oh and I'm mostly concerned about screen-tearing and frame rate.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-borderlands-2-face-off

Personally, I have not noticed much screen tearing at all, and the frame rate has been consistently good during shootouts, which is the most important thing. I can handle the drop in frame rate while running through Sanctuary, for example.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Do you get the golden key for subsequent characters or just the first character you unlock the chest with? Also, I've asked this before, but haven't gotten an answer so I'll try again haha

Is the creature slaughterhouse a one time thing, succeed or fail, or can you repeat it multiple times (as many times as you want, or is there a limit)?

Derrick01

Banned
So I'm level 20 and I've just got to
Sanctuary in the sky.

How much longer, considering I want to do every side quest, do I have left approximately? Feels like I have a good chunk of content left still!

By the way, game of the year so far.

It feels like I got to that point more than 10 hours ago. The game just keeps going, but thankfully it hasn't felt like it's dragging on. It's still staying relatively funny and it's still bringing me to new areas with new references. I'm level 30 now by the way.

Normally in the 1st game I'd finish it around 35-36 because I do everything too but this game is definitely longer and more memorable.

Xevren

Anybody know how to get the quest in the fridge about "every once in a while, a goliath has a good idea"?

There's a spawn near where the crystalisks pop out that contains rat packs, a goliath will come with them and when you kill it, it will drop an echo containing the quest.

Chris R

Healer 4-coop Maya is awesome. Phaselock is great too (probably going to be my main both online and off... makes getting headshots easier with a controller).

edit: do the orbs that spawn from a phaselock killed enemy that go to a downed co-op player increase their time to fight for their second wind?

HoosTrax

I think I'm at about the last 3rd of the game. Should I speed on through to start Playthrough 2?

Basically I forgot what the changes in playthrough 2/2.5 were for the first game (do drop quality/rates get better).

Lakitu

st5fu
Is there a way to just grab all ammo/money around you without pressing each one?

Hold the picking up button (X on Xbox).

Question for you guys: I've just got to Sanctuary and I'm doing a small quest for Marcus where I have to test out some of his weapons but there are no weapons for me to pick up and test. I'm confused. Do I have to look for them or buy them?

Ultimadrago

Does anyone know how to activate the mission flow in
Lynchwood
?

I am here, but I'm not seeing any exclamation mark.

Edit: Nvm. Found it.

DTKT

Hold the picking up button (X on Xbox).

Question for you guys: I've just got to Sanctuary and I'm doing a small quest for Marcus where I have to test out some of his weapons but there are no weapons for me to pick up and test. I'm confused. Do I have to look for them or buy them?

It's in your inventory. It should be auto-equipped.

Ricker

Don't know if it's because I am playing the Siren or what(phase lock is pretty cool but..)hard game is hard,jesus...loving it though,just need to relax and realise I will die a lot in this game...lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if it's because I am playing the Siren or what(phase lock is pretty cool but..)hard game is hard,jesus...loving it though,just need to relax and realise I will die a lot in this game...lol.
Yeah, I have both a siren and a commando going, and going solo is much easier with my commando.

Chris R

Yeah, I have both a siren and a commando going, and the going solo is much easier with my commando.

I find it the other way around so far, but I'm only level 10 on both.

And Badass points are so awesome, making the time I put into my single player playthrough help my co-op playthrough is such a good idea.

Irnbru

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU at tresher round 2, took me 10 tries to get em down. Jesus playthrough 2 is insane. Not as hard solo on a siren, but still balls.

dalin80

Banned
This game can really bite you if you get foolish, playing through SP and you just have to be patient, move careful and make an effort to be fully stocked with a variety of ammo and weapons even then you get to an area and the game is like 'oh hi there, nice to meet you here is a dozen enemies who all have the ability to one hit kill you, good luck with that'.

Dizzy-4U

Throws newly acquired grenade, it disappears in the air, a few seconds later it reappears as a black hole, everything burns.

This is nuts.

Aurongel

Really? My grenades throughout the entire game have been dreadful. Come to think about it, I haven't had much luck when it comes to loot, I'm at level 28 and I've only seen three orange weapons and all three were pretty meh.

In the original Borderlands I found a Maliwan SMG midway through that carried me through the entire game and most of the DLC. It seems like the loot system has received bigger adjustments than most people think.

Razek

Banned
You know what's great? When you have a particularly super long mission (2-3 hours) and you're playing with friends you hardly get any time with to be with, and the quest glitches out at the end where the boss disappears mid battle. Great, thanks. So the atmosphere changed from "Yeah, we are all together and playing an awesome game" to "The checkpoint system is stupid, now we have 2 hours of going through that all again because the experience gain is awful and we hardly leveled up." Everyone gets moody, and we all disband for months again.

Thanks Gearbox :/

KingKong

geez A Dam Fine Rescue was such a long mission. Are they all going to be like that? Not having the game save my location where I quit (or least the closest spawn point) is a real bummer since all enemies respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom