• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Really? My grenades throughout the entire game have been dreadful. Come to think about it, I haven't had much luck when it comes to loot, I'm at level 28 and I've only seen three orange weapons and all three were pretty meh.

In the original Borderlands I found a Maliwan SMG midway through that carried me through the entire game and most of the DLC. It seems like the loot system has received bigger adjustments than most people think.

Man what grenades have you been using. Stats are hard to follow on grenades since the stronger grenades have lower stats. It is the effect the grenade DOES that makes them special. MIRV, AoE, bullet and singularity included. They helped me out of plenty of sticky situations.

abundant

Don't know if it's because I am playing the Siren or what(phase lock is pretty cool but..)hard game is hard,jesus...loving it though,just need to relax and realise I will die a lot in this game...lol.

Focus on the Cataclysm tree. At level 23, Helios (5) + Fire Damage Mod and Cloud Kill wreck everyone except armored enemies.

Derrick01

Banned
Really? My grenades throughout the entire game have been dreadful. Come to think about it, I haven't had much luck when it comes to loot, I'm at level 28 and I've only seen three orange weapons and all three were pretty meh.

In the original Borderlands I found a Maliwan SMG midway through that carried me through the entire game and most of the DLC. It seems like the loot system has received bigger adjustments than most people think.

The singularity grenades are amazing. I have a powerful fire set so when it pulls 3 or 4 enemies in together and explodes it not only does 3500 but lights them on fire too.

After pouring at least $200K into the slot machines...

93mBb.jpg

8sGom.jpg

Each time one of the mini rockets hits the ground, it spawns a grenade for additional damage. Worth the wait.

Drazgul

Yep grenades are godly in this game. I love the fire spigots.

I'm lvl 22 and still using these (a x9 variant instead of the x8 that's in the picture):

Yeah, nothing too special at a glance. Except that each grenade thrown splits into two grenades, and those then get split into 9 more each for a total of 18. AND I have the Gunzerker talent that makes each grenade thrown double for free when I'm gunzerking. So that's a total of 36 grenades a throw - and I already maxed out my grenade carry so I can carry 8 at once.

Yes, it is glorious.

Teknoman

Hold the picking up button (X on Xbox).

Question for you guys: I've just got to Sanctuary and I'm doing a small quest for Marcus where I have to test out some of his weapons but there are no weapons for me to pick up and test. I'm confused. Do I have to look for them or buy them?

Just switch weapons, they're in your inventory temporarily.

Derrick01

Banned
Where can I get one? That's nice!

I dunno I just started getting them in the mid 20s or so. That grenade I have now is only a green rank item too, but the whole pulling people together thing usually makes it better than most grenades. For single tough enemies it's not as great.

CTE

I'm lvl 22 and still using these (a x9 variant instead of the x8 that's in the picture):

Yeah, nothing too special at a glance. Except that each grenade thrown splits into two grenades, and those then get split into 9 more each for a total of 18. AND I have the Gunzerker talent that makes each grenade thrown double for free when I'm gunzerking. So that's a total of 36 grenades a throw - and I already maxed out my grenade carry so I can carry 8 at once.

Yes, it is glorious.

I'm using a 10X variant of the same.

Geoff9920

Any red text means it has a special ability. Based on the word, I'd guess it had crazy high rate of fire or burst fire?
Neither. The rate fire seems pretty average. However, my character has a purple flame-ish thing along the bottom of the screen like I've been slagged but my characters hands aren't purple.

Kloteweer

Banned
Would Borderlands 2 run on an old Bootcamp Mac Pro with 2x 2.66 Ghz Intel Xeon, 7 GB and a Radeon HD 5770?

I don't really care much about pretty graphics or high resolutions, but I can't stand low framerates.

Otherwise I'm going to buy the PS3 or X360 version.

Insaniac

playing 360 version: are tesla grenades bugged? Sometimes I toss em and they trigger, but don't shock anything

2012-09-22_00003.jpg

Got this as a quest reward. Is Riastrad a slag debuff?

I recently got this weapon with my friends from a quest, the Riastrad is a debuff, the SMG will randomly slag the person wielding it.
But the SMG is better than the average Slag SMG FWIW

Wallach

Neither. The rate fire seems pretty average. However, my character has a purple flame-ish thing along the bottom of the screen like I've been slagged but my characters hands aren't purple.

Huh. Maybe you're just considered slagged while it's being held. That would also kind of make sense given the names. It probably has higher base damage than other slag weapons of similar parts or something.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My guess is slag chance is stupidly high + that mod. That's an insane high % on an SMG. It should be like 10-15%.

Beaulieu

Tip Moxxi she will give you some guns that scale to your level
amount and type ->
about 10k she will give you a great corrosive smg another 10k a nice fire smg

just so you guys know, ive tried this and this resulted in nothing. fucking hell. oh well at least it gave me an achievement I guess.

dmr87

Is it worth it to use a golden key at low levels? (10ish) Got 3 keys but if its complete shit I can just wait.

To clarify what i mean, do you allways get something that is top notch for your level or is it random?

Lakitu

st5fu
Just curious, what sniper rifles are you guys using? I can't wait to get a really high level one and get more of those delicious headshots / critical hits. Damn Bullymongs seem to always walk with their back towards me. I hate them.

Cutwolf

Is there any way to make it so the left weapon fires with mouse button 1 and right weapon fires with mouse button 2 when you're Gunzerking? Right now, it's opposite.

As someone who was lukewarm on BL1, would I like BL2? My reasons for not loving BL1:

1) The shooting mechanics just didn't feel good to me (the feel of a game is hard to articulate of course, but I guess it just didn't feel like the bullets were making an impact with the enemies. There was a disconnect between when I pulled the trigger and when the enemy was apparently getting hit)

2) No mini map

3) Only 2 people per vehicle, plus the vehicles controlled like pure dog shit

4) No trade screen

5) Enemy AI was virtually non-existent

6) No armor

7) Too many useless guns

Insaniac

As someone who was lukewarm on BL1, would I like BL2? My reasons for not loving BL1:

1) The shooting mechanics just didn't feel good to me (the feel of a game is hard to articulate of course, but I guess it just didn't feel like the bullets were making an impact with the enemies. There was a disconnect between when I pulled the trigger and when the enemy was apparently getting hit)

2) No mini map

3) Only 2 people per vehicle, plus the vehicles controlled like pure dog shit

4) No trade screen

5) Enemy AI was virtually non-existent

6) No armor

7) Too many useless guns

1) you know there is bullet travel in the game right?

2) there is a minimap

3) You unlock a 4 person vehicle as you play the game (fairly early)

4) They have a trade screen now

5) Enemy AI is better

6) No armor, don't see why you'd need it.

7) Useless guns? have you ever played a loot game before?

The ladies sure do love Roland. Even little Tina has a picture of him on her shelf. One of my favorite parts of the original game was collecting Echo recorders of Tannis. Especially the ones about the fate of the fat girl. This game is no different. She's so damn insane it's hilarious.

Bullets aren't magic. Different guns shoot different projectiles at different rates of speed. If that truly bothers you, you'll want to avoid this game.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I'm on PS3 and STILL can't use the god damn Shift thing from the menu. I signed up on the site AND linked my PSN but every time I try and access it from in-game it just says it can't connect or it's down.

It's driving me crazy. I want an extra golden key so I can open the damn box now.

KarmaCow

So I think I'm nearing the end, just go into
Opportunity, tried to do Claptrap's Statuesqe quest and failed it. I think I can complete it, but keeping the Overseer above 50% seems way too difficult solo. Anyways, after failing it I left the area to do turn in other quests but now I can't seem to restart the mission. Did I just screw myself out of that quest?

Santiako

Goddamn this game is surpassing every expectation I had. And I fucking loved Borderlands 1 so my expectations were very very high.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
So I think I'm nearing the end, just go into
Opportunity, tried to do Claptrap's Statuesqe quest and failed it. I think I can complete it, but keeping the Overseer above 50% seems way too difficult solo. Anyways, after failing it I left the area to do turn in other quests but now I can't seem to restart the mission. Did I just screw myself out of that quest?

Go back to the Bounty Board and it will restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom