• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsippel

Banned
So, I was bitching about not getting a single rare drop for more than 20 levels. Somewhere between 20 and 25, I found a purple relic, and that thing is actually quite useful (22% cooldown reduction). So that's nice. But: I now got three purple drops and one legendary over the course of two hours. The legendary in particular looks quite awesome, a class mod with 25% cooldown reduction, 25% damange and shield increase, and +2 for a ton of different skills. The only problem is that all four drops were class mods - and all for classes I don't play. I'm starting to think the game might hate me...

The The Good, the Bad and the Ugly reference is really sweet. But I'm not quite sure I like where the overall story is going. I think it gets a little too dark in places.

Count me as a Tiny Tina hater. Sometimes she's funny, but most of the time it's just awkward and forced. Not sure if writing or voice acting or both, but her humor tries WAY too hard, compared to like Scooter or Claptrap which are just natural and awesome.

After finishing all of her quests, I agree with this. She's fine in small doses, but her delivery is too damn erratic and the writing for her is just scattershot in the hopes that something will stick. Her best moments for me were when she wasn't screaming.

Wallach

So, I was bitching about not getting a single rare drop for more than 20 levels. Somewhere between 20 and 25, I found a purple relic, and that thing is actually quite useful (22% cooldown reduction). So that's nice. But: I now got three purple drops and one legendary over the course of two hours. The legendary in particular looks quite awesome, a class mod with 25% cooldown reduction, 25% damange and shield increase, and +2 for a ton of different skills. The only problem is that all four drops were class mods - and all for classes I don't play. I'm starting to think the game might hate me...

Damn that class mod sounds sweet. I haven't seen any class mods or relics really worth a shit so far (level 23).

wsippel

Banned
After finishing all of her quests, I agree with this. She's fine in small doses, but her delivery is too damn erratic and the writing for her is just scattershot in the hopes that something will stick. Her best moments for me were when she wasn't screaming.
Agreed. She's also one of the things I consider "too dark". Maybe the impact was a little different because I did a certain optional mission in the Preserve before doing her Tea Party quest, but that shit was a little too fucked for my liking...

dorkimoe

awesome...i accidentally used my skull key. I didnt know that was the chest..i just ran up to a chest when i loaded in...fucking great and im only level 8.

im going to have to buy a key to open it again later arent i? or is that it..i lost my good loot?

I think I have a gambling problem.

Agreed. She's also one of the things I consider "too dark". Maybe the impact was a little different because I did a certain optional mission in the Preserve before doing her Tea Party quest, but that shit was a little too fucked for my liking...

Well, the guy did contribute to the death of her parents. I can't blame her for doing what she did.

Count me as a Tiny Tina hater. Sometimes she's funny, but most of the time it's just awkward and forced. Not sure if writing or voice acting or both, but her humor tries WAY too hard, compared to like Scooter or Claptrap which are just natural and awesome.
Almost all of the humor in the game comes off as trying too hard and forced, Tina isn't really any different.

Her voice actress sounds familiar though, does anyone know her name?

2100 + sniper rifle awesome. 43,000 head shot crits :3

Was this a quest item? I have one now that is like this - no scope, bolt action and quite slow, but dear god it just destroys everything when you get a crit. I have an amp shield for added effect (nice when you kill in one hit so you have a bit of time between targets).

I was going down Zero's melee tree, but this gun alone is making me think I should respec.

Almost all of the humor in the game comes off as trying too hard and forced, Tina isn't really any different.

Her voice actress sounds familiar though, does anyone know her name?

Ash Burch of HAWP fame. Sister of the writer of the game. And I disagree that all the humor is forced. The vast majority of it isn't. The stuff between Lillith and Roland is pure gold. Tannis is hilarious.

awesome...i accidentally used my skull key. I didnt know that was the chest..i just ran up to a chest when i loaded in...fucking great and im only level 8.

im going to have to buy a key to open it again later arent i? or is that it..i lost my good loot?

I wouldn't really worry about it. I waited until I was lvl 25 thinking I would get something that might be useful for the remainder of my first playthrough. I got 2 Siren Class mods. I am an Assassin...

I agree with this, theres just too many characters trying to make jokes all the time. That and all the memes/refrences...

They took the shotgun approach with the humor, trying to cram as much of it in as humanely possible. Some of the jokes are funny, but there are so many misses and cringe worthy attempts that it kind of ruins what is actually funny.

dorkimoe

I wouldn't really worry about it. I waited until I was lvl 25 thinking I would get something that might be useful for the remainder of my first playthrough. I got 2 Siren Class mods. I am an Assassin...

that makes me feel a little better, but soon as i read about it i told myself id wait until the end...i mean i did get 2 sick sniper rifles..but still :( level 7..lol

Aurongel

I had to use every missile launcher and heavy corrosive weapon in my arsenal, as well as my turret, to take her down. Luckily she was distracted by all the bandits shooting at her to be bothered by me most of the time. That's where I got that buffalo rifle too.

I had to lower the elevator and drop my sentry down into the pit to kill her. Kinda cheap but she was spamming that unavoidable slam move so what was I supposed to do?

By the way, did you get the reference in the description for the Buffalo gun? It was like, "bison bison sha sha sha sha"...

KarmaCow

Tina in general was a bit too referential for me but I gotta admit the serious 'you da you da the best' line reading got me.

Man, this game.

I found a Sniper Rifle that talks to me, actively trying to discourage me from killing. lol

I had that gun, and the SMG that
imitates Dumb and Dumber's most annoying sound in the world
everytime you shoot as my only two worth while weapons for one boss fight. Yea that was something.

Spoiler for pretty late in the game when you're going after Jack:
It was weird seeing Angel as in game character. It was even weirder seeing Lilith as a real person. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It 'fits' with Borderlands 1, but seeing a real person in a couple of short video clips already didn't fit with the rest of the game.

rouken

hyperion smg's are really something. i love the guns now more than ever. :)

also is there a way to duplicate my save? i want two sirens going down different routes in the skill tree, one for coop and one for singleplayer. i don't want to start again, i just burned myself exploring the first part of the game before going to sanctuary.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is there a specific way to get the (I tagged it, but I wouldn't really call it a spoiler)
weapon that makes really annoying sounds?

I really want it. :D

Mupod

Please someone help me spec a decent gunzerker. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I use dual multi-barrel shotguns with Money Shot and the two weapon swap skills along with auto-load. They eat up their magazines in 2-4 shots, then money shot makes the final shot do MASSIVE damage. After that I switch to the next shotgun, get a kill which reloads the first one, repeat forever. I keep a sniper rifle and rocket launcher as backup.

Rest of my points go into Brawn, Hard to Kill is essential and the speed/regen skills are nice too. Of course this spec came about as a result of my class mod and the weapons I happen to have, so your results may vary.

Gorillaz

I agree with this, theres just too many characters trying to make jokes all the time. That and all the memes/refrences...

You got to admit some of the meme referencing is funny.

Zero(when he uses his special power/invisible thing):

"How Hilarious, your just triggered my trap card"

Mupod

You got to admit some of the meme referencing is funny.

Zero(when he uses his special power/invisible thing):

"How Hilarious, your just triggered my trap card"

Less funny the 500th time you hear it. Although it's less lame when you realize that it's a haiku.

wsippel

Banned
Great. My game crashed, and now it tells me that I need a Xbox Live Gold membership to access online functions (I'm on PC) and won't save anymore. Any ideas...?

antitrop

How the hell am I supposed to pick up the Mutated Vorkid Samples? I need 4 of them.

This mission (Might Morphin') seems very poorly designed/bugged.

antitrop

Uh.. are you sure your in the right place for the quest? Pretty impossible to miss when you enter the area and they are quite literally everywhere. Check your map?
The gigantic pulsating circle on the minimap? Ya.

Everything is cleared out. Maybe we should just leave the area and come back, maybe they'll respawn.

wsippel

Banned
You didn't hack or mod the game did ya
Nope.

Deleting the config files doesn't help as far as I can tell, and neither does verifying the installation. It won't save, it won't go online, it won't auto-select my existing character, and it displays Xbox specific messages.

EDIT: It seems restarting the PC fixed it. Why? How? I have no idea. I'll just blame it on Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom