• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for those interested... The Borderlands 2 Soundtrack is on iTunes and the preview clips are available on the music. This isn't all the music in the game but it is a handful. Some of the names for the songs are spoilerish so just a warning. But if you are interesting in hearing ... take a listen. The soundtrack in BL2 is on a totally different level from the 1st :)

Jesper Kyd, Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan helped compose like the first game. They've done Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect soundtracks.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/...ck/id559972271

The samples (23 tracks) are up on Amazon too ( I don't like itunes ;) )

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094JYEIM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Played a nice co-op session with some co-workers :)

For Zer0 melee fans.. Just remember it starts slow until it becomes godly :p

Also for those interested... The Borderlands 2 Soundtrack is on iTunes and the preview clips are available on the music. This isn't all the music in the game but it is a handful. Some of the names for the songs are spoilerish so just a warning. But if you are interesting in hearing ... take a listen. The soundtrack in BL2 is on a totally different level from the 1st :)

Jesper Kyd, Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan helped compose like the first game. They've done Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect soundtracks.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/borderlands-2-original-soundtrack/id559972271

Great! Will have a listen soon.

Though I always wonder why not every major music piece is on an OST. I don't like ripping game audio to get a "complete" soundtrack.

Main recent offender being on Borderlands' co-composer Jesper Kyd on Darksiders II, where this amazing track wasn't featured on a double disc OST (it was made available later via Kyd's website but still, why not include everything on an OST?)

Kaldea

Just quickly going through the music samples, everything sounds great. I don't want to over-saturate myself before getting into the game though. :p

Icomp

Quick question, Is there any form of region-lock between GMG+Steam and european countries?

Edit: The reason why I post this here is because it's related to buying borderlands 2 :)

JChalmers

Neo Member
How does pre-ordering a digital copy on GMG work?

Can get it for £22 compared to the £24 on the box version I have pre-ordered on Amazon.

Will I instantly get the code once I pre-order or will they roll out on launch day?

Don't fancy downloading everything on day of release as for a couple of quid I could just install off the disc and then activate on Steam.

Anyone else think the fifth character class should've been free with every new copy rather than a pre-order bonus?

Not really. I understand why some would want it free for everyone but it's not imperative to the game and it's a nice, fair incentive to get people to preorder the game. They are aiming towards those who may be on the fence or consistently say "I'll buy it... eventually." If you want the game or plan to buy it, Gearbox is trying to encourage you to buy it day one. In a world where people only care about the first month (or two) of sales of a game, I think this offer is smart on Gearbox's end to get as many early sales as possible.

Not really. I understand why some would want it free for everyone but it's not imperative to the game and it's a nice, fair incentive to get people to preorder the game. They are aiming towards those who may be on the fence or consistently say "I'll buy it... eventually." If you want the game or plan to buy it, Gearbox is trying to encourage you to buy it day one. In a world where people only care about the first month (or two) of sales of a game, I think this offer is smart on Gearbox's end to get as many early sales as possible.

Exactly. And that's why it's released a month after the game is out: they want you to buy it day one and keep it for a month so the market isn't flooded with second hand copies. It's totally fair enough. Don't like it? Don't buy the DLC.

Hey guys, before I close the deal with GMG, can someone tell me if Borderlands 2 will run okay on the following specs, please?

Core i5-2430m 2.4ghz
ATI Radeon HD 7470m
8GB RAM

My housemate and I are currently debating whether to purchase console or PC versions, but it all comes down to whether his PC will run it (preferably smoothly). I'd appreciate the assistance as I know nothing when it comes to specs.

Amon37

I wonder if we can transfer saves via USB as with the first BL? This will determine which tv I have to play on.

Aguirre

I haven't been able to find a single PS3 gameplay video. Even the official PSM UK previewed the game on Xbox360. I think this port might be a bad one.

dont worry, the bl1 port was rock solid and from what i see its.. at least visually, more of the same. maybe some nicer animations and effects, but the same.

ps3 ports tend to lag behind the other platforms.

Your laptop is stronger than mine and I will be playing on it, so yeah, you should be okay.

That's great news. We'd prefer to play the PC version, even though we did console first time around. $36 from gmg is also just too good to pass up. That's the same price as one copy of the console version here.

red731

That's great news. We'd prefer to play the PC version, even though we did console first time around. $36 from gmg is also just too good to pass up. That's the same price as one copy of the console version here.

Please don't take me for a word, but I could play BL1 on older laptop just fine so I think that we will be able to play 2 without much problems on our newer ones.
I have PS3, but choose PC because I know that at one point, I will upgrade to tower one day again, that will be strong as hell. Also Steam and everything.
Bought BL2 for pretty good price myself.

Wanny

Anyone else not checking at skill tree builders and will just discover as they play?

Hell, anyone else choosing their character only when asked the first time in the game next tuesday?

Seanspeed

Banned
Anyone else not checking at skill tree builders and will just discover as they play?

Hell, anyone else choosing their character only when asked the first time in the game next tuesday?

Yea, I'm not worried about having a class all picked out and planned. With the 1st Borderlands, it didn't seem as if there were really any non-viable builds, so it seems pretty safe to just pick whatever and roll with that. I'll probably be playing through a 2nd time with another character at some point so maybe then I'll go with something more specific mind knowing the game a bit better.

H3xum

I'm really torn on the Ambush skill for Zer0

"Increase damage when attacking from behind or when the enemy is targeting someone else"

It sounds like a no brainer to dump points in but I don't really know how the enemy targeting works, do they pay attention to whoevers dealing the most damage? I also don't think in a group of 4 that many enemies will last long enough for me to really take advantage of it

Rengoku

"Increase damage when attacking from behind or when the enemy is targeting someone else"

It sounds like a no brainer to dump points in but I don't really know how the enemy targeting works, do they pay attention to whoevers dealing the most damage? I also don't think in a group of 4 that many enemies will last long enough for me to really take advantage of it

It works really well when you're paired with a Siren using Stasis, but other than that, I dunno...

Amon37

Yep no skill tree calculators and total media blackout.

Raide

Some skills cause enemies to focus on you. I am sure they will also focus on turrets like Borderlands 1. Plus Zero makes a Decoy of himself which the enemies focus on, so you can get your stab on.

H3xum

Some skills cause enemies to focus on you. I am sure they will also focus on turrets like Borderlands 1. Plus Zero makes a Decoy of himself which the enemies focus on, so you can get your stab on.

That skill will synergize great with your class ability decoy. You can drop the decoy and the mob will no longer be focused on you so your next hit is increased damage.

Hmmmmm those are good points....might be worth a few points afterall

garath

That skill will synergize great with your class ability decoy. You can drop the decoy and the mob will no longer be focused on you so your next hit is increased damage.

Hey guys, before I close the deal with GMG, can someone tell me if Borderlands 2 will run okay on the following specs, please?

Core i5-2430m 2.4ghz
ATI Radeon HD 7470m
8GB RAM

My housemate and I are currently debating whether to purchase console or PC versions, but it all comes down to whether his PC will run it (preferably smoothly). I'd appreciate the assistance as I know nothing when it comes to specs.

Red has offered encouragement, but I'm just not 100% sure yet. I'd truly appreciate advice before I go ahead with the purchase tonight.

JChalmers

Neo Member
Can we purchase the Season Pass after the game launches?

Don't get paid until Friday 28th so don't want to shell out extra on the season pass until I've got more money.

ink4n3

appears only pc.

BTW.

amazon's 4-pack for BL2 brings the total down to $40.50 each. savings of $4.50 compared to steam. (if GMG discount has expired)

I know someone said yesterday that the GMG discount had expired, but I used it last night with no problems.

red731

I am holding my head high. We will see how our performance will go next week.
Hopefuly it will be alright and playable.

Raxus

I am baffled why so many people won't allocate one point to certain skills. Almost all of them are godly in some way and you aren't missing out on much by losing 1 point in a 5 point skill.

Question Adam, did you address the Mechnomancer DLC in the other thread? Some people are wondering if it comes with every new copy of the game or only if you pre-order at certain places.

u9FGj.png

So, when is this happening? Have not seen anything yet so far.

Sorry, I appreciate the suggestion, but these types of analysers never seem to detect my graphics card(s) properly, regardless of whether I can actually run something or not. Just from looking at my graphics card, do you think I could run it smoothly? I'm a consoler game, honestly speaking, so I have no idea when a minimum graphics card is suggested, where mine fits it.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7470M.67752.0.html

You'll probably be able to run BL2 at 720p/medium settings.

lordy88

I apologize if this has been addressed, but I searched this thread and couldn't find the answer.

I pre-ordered this game via greenmangaming, and I just noticed this week about the 'premiere club' bonuses that are accompanied with all pre-orders. Am I qualified for this bonus, or did I have to purchase it through a specific retailer? If so, how do I register for it?

Thanks guys!

I apologize if this has been addressed, but I searched this thread and couldn't find the answer.

I pre-ordered this game via greenmangaming, and I just noticed this week about the 'premiere club' bonuses that are accompanied with all pre-orders. Am I qualified for this bonus, or did I have to purchase it through a specific retailer? If so, how do I register for it?

Thanks guys!

You're qualified for it. GMG will be sending out the keys (along with the pre-order bonus) on or before the 18th. Hopefully we can start preloading on Steam this weekend.

I have a question about a gameplay mechanic that I remember from the first game. It mainly has to do with sniping but I guess it could apply to any gun that has a scope and crosshairs. In Borderlands 2, if I'm looking through the crosshairs of my rifle and it's perfectly still and directly on the head of my target, is the bullet going to hit where the crosshairs lie? Or is it going to take the accuracy stat into account and send my bullet off into the sky even though my aim is perfect?

This really bugged me about the first game and I'm secretly hoping they fixed it for scopes.

Raide

Yes. Only reason you'd even consider going console is if you have a crappy PC that can barely play Minecraft or most of your friends are infected with consolitis as well and you want to play with them.

Easy easy! No need to bring that in here. We all love loot, no matter what format we are on.

U2NUMB

Yes. Only reason you'd even consider going console is if you have a crappy PC that can barely play Minecraft or most of your friends are infected with consolitis as well and you want to play with them.

I am sure this game will play just fine on the consoles. My friends and I could easily get this on PC but we see this as a couch game and will be playing it on our 360s. Nothing wrong with that.

Chavelo

Calm down, junior. No need to pat yourself in the back for spending more money than the next guy for playing video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom