• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavelo

Stop it. Just stop it. This is NOT going to become some stupid PC vs Console thread.

Hey, I'm playing on the PC myself. :/ I'm pretty much on the same boat about this whole discussion. My point is: it's just a video game. No need to feel better than someone else for playing it on a different platform.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Calm down, junior. No need to pat yourself in the back for spending more money than the next guy for playing video games.

Oh come on.

I only ask because, if you played BL1 on PC, you know there were unique issues there.

garath

Oh come on.

I only ask because, if you played BL1 on PC, you know there were unique issues there.

The issues with BL1 were with PC centric settings lacking (which were adjustable via an ini and they later put into the menu anyways) and gamespy.

I see no reason they wouldn't have kept the same PC work they put into the first one so I'm not worried about the PC settings and there's no gamespy this time. It's all steamworks which is fantastic.

PC should be a safe bet. That's where I'm picking it up.

Derrick01

Banned
Calm down, junior. No need to pat yourself in the back for spending more money than the next guy for playing video games.

But...I'm getting this on PC for almost half the price it is on consoles.

As for the quality of this port it's already guaranteed to be better than 1 because it's not using gamespy and it has a lot of options. Whether it will be a well optimized game is always up in the air pre-release but I doubt it will be a garbage port like Darksiders 2 was.

But...I'm getting this on PC for almost half the price it is on consoles.

As for the quality of this port it's already guaranteed to be better than 1 because it's not using gamespy and it has a lot of options. Whether it will be a well optimized game is always up in the air pre-release but I doubt it will be a garbage port like Darksiders 2 was.

Yep.

I got the game for $36 on GMG and spent $23 for the Season Pass.

Also, isn't Darksiders II on PC better now?

Derrick01

Banned
Yep.

I got the game for $36 on GMG and spent $23 for the Season Pass.

Also, isn't Darksiders II on PC better now?

So I've been told. They added a couple of extra options and fixed their vsync which wasn't working at all. I uninstalled it so I can't say if the stuttering is gone.

This question might've been answered before but I didn't see it. If you buy the 4-pack on steam, does everyone get the pre-order bonuses or just the person who bought the 4-pack? I don't want to fuck all of my friends out of the mechromancer.

Raxus

I can't find the season pass anywhere. How and where do they sell it?

For PC it is already available. I think it is safe to assume it will be up on XBL/PSN either today or tomorrow. If not then, they should have it up by launch.

Chris R

I'm going to get the PC version when there is a GOTY edition sometime late 13 or in early 14, but until then, since my friends are playing on the 360, I'm playing on the 360.

I'm just going to do terrible since I hate FPS games where I can't use KBM :(

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The issues with BL1 were with PC centric settings lacking (which were adjustable via an ini and they later put into the menu anyways) and gamespy.

I see no reason they wouldn't have kept the same PC work they put into the first one so I'm not worried about the PC settings and there's no gamespy this time. It's all steamworks which is fantastic.

PC should be a safe bet. That's where I'm picking it up.
On the bright side if its not. We can always beat adamF with a baseball bat till it is.
lol jk

Chris R

I'm envious of all you people who will be playing for days while Amazon takes their time to ship me my game. No idea why they can't just ship it out early (aka like Saturday) so it gets to me by Tuesday :( Instead they will ship it on Tuesday and I'll get it next Monday most likely.

nel e nel

I'm envious of all you people who will be playing for days while Amazon takes their time to ship me my game. No idea why they can't just ship it out early (aka like Saturday) so it gets to me by Tuesday :( Instead they will ship it on Tuesday and I'll get it next Monday most likely.

Because you have to pay extra for release day shipping. Don't worry, I'm a cheapskate as well, and will be busying myself with some American Nightmare and probably the Mass Effect weekend operation.

Back on topic: I was checking out the vids on the website, and noticed the one with the Sherrif shows what appears to be first person gameplay of that character. Will she be playable in the game?

denshuu

Choose release date delivery. My copy from Amazon arrives on the 18th.

It may be Prime-exclusive for certain products though.

Chris R

Choose release date delivery. My copy from Amazon arrives on the 18th.

It may be Prime-exclusive for certain products though.

Not an option for me unfortunately :( Do you have to pay more? All I see is "priority" shipping for $13 bucks. Not going to pay for shipping though, just use my free standard shipping via Prime.

garath

I can't remember if BL1 offered inverted controls. Anyone remember? Hopefully 2 will have it or my friend won't play it...

Yes it did. I can't play without inverted controls.

This question might've been answered before but I didn't see it. If you buy the 4-pack on steam, does everyone get the pre-order bonuses or just the person who bought the 4-pack? I don't want to fuck all of my friends out of the mechromancer.

Yes, I asked that when it was first offered. Each person gets a full copy of the game as if they bought it themselves - this includes the premier club access with the mechromancer DLC.

I'm one of those moods when I'm looking forward to a game coming soon where nothing else sounds appealing to play. I've been going back and forth between Iron Brigade and Team Fortess 2 but all I'm thinking of is Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

TheContact

The biggest factor into what version you should buy is where you like to spend most of your time--on the couch or on your PC chair. I choose the latter.

Chris R

Not US only, but it's not available in every country. If the guy with the issue has Prime and lives in America, he did something wrong.

I just live in Alaska :p We aren't THAT far away from Seattle :< "Standard Shipping" is what Prime gets me instead of 2nd Day, still doesn't offer any kind of release day option though.

Teknoman

The biggest factor into what version you should buy is where you like to spend most of your time--on the couch or on your PC chair. I choose the latter.

Not any more with new and improved Steam big picture mode! Now with 64% more couch!

Mikey Jr.

I'm one of those moods when I'm looking forward to a game coming soon where nothing else sounds appealing to play. I've been going back and forth between Iron Brigade and Team Fortess 2 but all I'm thinking of is Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.
Haha, same for me. My brain is stuck in bl2 mode.

Woo-Fu

Banned

These limitations are self-imposed and not inherent to either platform.

If you can't play a console game sitting in a desk chair, it is your fault.
If you can't play a PC game sitting on your couch, it is your fault.

If you really prefer one situation over the other it would seem to me that it would be worth your while to do what it takes to play the best version of every game using whichever furniture your prefer.

I must be the only person who can't stand playing games on a couch. My ideal setup for consoles is just in a comfy computer chair close up so I can stay focused on what I'm playing. I've always felt my performance drops terribly when I'm on a couch.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh wow

VERY EARLY "BORDERLANDS 2" UNBOXING

55555555555574kgp.png

HHHNNNNHHHHGGGGGG

Avinexus

No Mechromancer pass inside a sealed copy. Uh-oh.

Was never suppose to be. You get it in an email and/or on your receipt (according to GameStop's website anyway).

And to get early copies of games all I have to do is average a couple thousand views per video on YouTube? EDIT: Nvm, apparently he is a writer for a newspaper.

Was never suppose to be. You get it in an email and/or on your receipt (according to GameStop's website anyway).

And to get early copies of games all I have to do is average 1,000 views per video on YouTube?

Yes I was under the impression it will be on my receipt when I pick the game up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom