• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is going to be so good that I'm buying it twice on launch day. Xbox 360 to play with my friends, and PC to get the best experience.

2K always provides nice packaging for their games, but this time - I shall be going the digital route with Steam. Maybe I'll double-dip on a 360 GotY version in the future when it's $9.99, heh (just like I did for the first GotY complete Borderlands).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can we get this alt cover as a wallpaper pretty please?

OCDBuzz

I don't think I want to live in a world where 7 minute long unboxings of DVD cases exist.

I also peeked at this guy's "writing." Yikes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh wow

VERY EARLY "BORDERLANDS 2" UNBOXING

55555555555574kgp.png

HHHNNNNHHHHGGGGGG
YIZZUR

ALT COVER

wB4YG.png
Ooh, this will go nice with my iPhone wallpaper:

Gun Manufacturer Overview

Man look at those guns. Love the design.
HNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AT THOSE GUNS

I actually liked that. It reminds me of the 90's.
Definitely get a power rangers vibe. I might've liked it more it was a Japanese dub with kung fu noises and screen-sized sound effect blurbs.

Just seems so weird to take a game with such a strong visual style and go live action with it. I don't get it.

Sn4ke_911

IGN - Borderlands 2 Review in Progress

Day Three

I popped in the original Borderlands the other night just to compare the interface with Borderlands 2, and it’s pretty incredible how bad the original looks now. At the time it was functional, it got the job done – heck, it even looked pretty cool in some parts. But since then Gearbox has made a number of small tweaks to the design that really help the sequel’s menus and heads-up display feel modern and, more importantly, make playing the game easier and thus more enjoyable.

Full review goes live 9/13 at 9 PM PST.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is that when the review embargo ends altogether?

Excited for reviews. Not to read them or their scores, but to see more of dat Borderlands in the video reviews.

Sn4ke_911

Is that when the review embargo ends altogether?

Excited for reviews. Not to read them or their scores, but to see more of dat Borderlands in the video reviews.

I don't think so. Gamespot's review will come next week. So we can expect a glowing review from IGN :p

Sn4ke_911

The reviews so far from the OT

Games Master UK: 95/100
"Bigger. Ballsier. Bullet-ier. Borderlands 2 is the antidote to stuffy military shooters. Even statistically poor weapons are fun to handle. Underlying physics of each weapon have
been massively improved - guns feel like they used to in Doom and Unreal. Trading gear is better. Gearbox have learnt how to turn off the brown palette in Microsoft Paint, leading
to BL2 being the prettiest game of 2012 to date. Increased verticality of the world. More varied missions. Even better humour. Improved story. 30+ hours main quest. A truly epic
game once sidequests/playthroughs/badass ranks/loot has been taken into account. Bonus (optional) objectives to missions and multiple outcomes. Solo play and co-op markedly
improved (with more populated environments and more seamless co-op.)"

Game Informer: 9.75/10
"Instead of taking the easy route, the studio has taken everything that impressed in the original and greatly enhanced it. From major bullet points like the story to smaller details
like the UI and inventory system. Borderlands 2 surpassed my expectations and stands as a prime example of how to knock a sequel out of the park. Throughout the game, the
dialogue and clever missions display a sense of humor on par with the best in the industry. All of the improvements would make for a standout title even if it were constricted to
single-player. Considering Gearbox has continued to put this franchise in a league of its own when it comes to co-op, it elevates the game to something more. With its unmatched
co-op gameplay, intense shootouts, addictive loot-collecting, expansive skill customization, hilarious dialogue, and insane level of replayability, Borderlands 2 is one of the most
rewarding gaming experiences of this console generation."

I'm going to be playing this on PC using a 360 controller. I'm not really used to the KB/M set-up, but I may switch off here and there. Anyone else doing the same?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm going to be playing this on PC using a 360 controller. I'm not really used to the KB/M set-up, but I may switch off here and there. Anyone else doing the same?
Sounds like the best way to play. I will be doing this as well. Or at least trying to it to see the change in functionality.

Does anyone know if the PC version will switch UIs to be akin to the console version if you plug in a controller? Or will it stay with the PC-specific UI?

Edgeward

No, if they tell me this fucking thing is optimized for PC, I am sure as hell gonna use kb/m. When a game is optimized for it kb/m is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom