• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Same here, you probably did it the same time I did, when you're 13 and the quest is 8, that's pretty much how it goes.

That dude was right, I think. Scales to the quest, not to you.

Ah! I see then. That makes more sense. I will just have to be more minded about the quest levels then.

Something I only recently noticed on the 360 version is that you can smash piles with X instead of hitting the R-stick button. I hate hitting the clickable sticks, so it's nice to have the option to hit X instead. I imagine it's the same on PS3. Anyone else use vehicles to fast travel/warp? You can part one at one place, then take another somewhere else and then choose to teleport back to the other vehicle later.

Cat Party

Can some give me a little help? I'm doing Hamerlock's Varkid mission and it's telling me to kill a "mutated varkid." What and where? I've killed dozens of adult varkids already. Is there some way to make one mutate?

After what mission does the fourth weapon slot open?

After completing chapter 10, which involves going to Overlook.

darthbob

Can some give me a little help? I'm doing Hamerlock's Varkid mission and it's telling me to kill a "mutated varkid." What and where? I've killed dozens of adult varkids already. Is there some way to make one mutate?

You'll need to wait until one goes into it's cocoon, and then run up to it and press your action key to inject it.

It's a tough fight if you're somewhat low leveled. Take them on one at a time, not three at a time, like I did lol.

I didn't know that. It appeared that if I opened a chest and took ammo, the ammo was gone.

The way it works is that, it will fill you up, and any leftovers will go to your teammates who need it. So you should pick up ALL ammo, even if you're full because it will then give them extra to teammates.

So unless everyone is using the same gun type, nobody should run out of ammo as long as everyone is picking up everything along the way. It works out really well.

When the are in the cocoon phase run up to them and you will get a prompt to use the injector.

Caustic Caverns. I hate it so much.

The worms that suck you in? I hate them so much. Such bullshit.

...but one of them did drop a $10k AR, so there is that.

Hansel?

Neo Member
After you see Sanctuary take off. I think. :D

This unfortunately is false as I have passed that part and still do not have four weapon slots. Maybe once you hit level 20? I'm currently level 18.

EDIT: Looks like it's been answered. Cool beans.

Cat Party

You'll need to wait until one goes into it's cocoon, and then run up to it and press your action key to inject it.

It's a tough fight if you're somewhat low leveled. Take them on one at a time, not three at a time, like I did lol.

I did that part of the quest already. But maybe
Mordecai
killed the mutated one. I'll try it again.

Finally after putting like 2 million into the slots I hit triple borderland symbols. :)
WP_000105_zps2be7a670.jpg
how did you have so much money to spend? I think the most I've had was about $200k.

Or was that hyperbole?

Caustic Caverns. I hate it so much.

The worms that suck you in? I hate them so much. Such bullshit.

...but one of them did drop a $10k AR, so there is that.

I hate that place so much. I hate bugs. But I keep going back because it's so beautiful in there and I'm a glutton for punishment.

Coconut

Banned
how did you have so much money to spend? I think the most I've had was about $200k.

Or was that hyperbole?

A friend of mine gave me 2 mill because someone quickly found a glitch in trading negative money to people I don't know if it was a PC only problem but I'm sure it got patched out very quickly. I died once and it cost me 100,000 dollars.

At what level should I start seeing rocket launchers? I'm level 12 and have yet to even find a crappy one.
luck of the draw.

omonimo

Banned
The lack of dynamic shaft it's fucking annoying on ps3 version. I can understood SSAO but this it's ridicolous. I hope those things were ended on ps3, some developers seems really trying to irritate me, this effect not cost anything at the end. Seems ps3 is like a demon for someone, meh.

Found 2 purple plama cutting smgs with fire. 65dmg and 57clip and 12% fire change with all my maya stuff. Is ripping through everyone at level 19.

I was just thinking, if they patch Do No Harm when Mechro drops, it's going to be so hilarious ripping through a level 5 quest tree (I think there are follow ups to that quest, right?) at like level 39 or whatever.

1) If let's say your assault ammo is full and you pick some up, it gets distributed to the other players, if not, you get the ammo for yourself. You can't pick up anymore ammo if all players are full.

2) Trading function isn't very useful between friends, playing with strangers on the other hand..you don't want just drop your loot for the wrong one to snatch it.
Even when our party is maxed out on all ammo (we have ammo regen running and are almost always maxed), anybody can still grab any kind of ammo. I'm still not sure whats going on under the hood here.

MrDaravon

Even when our party is maxed out on all ammo (we have ammo regen running and are almost always maxed), anybody can still grab any kind of ammo. I'm still not sure whats going on under the hood here.

At least on 360 that's definitely not my experience, it'll let us grab ammo as long as someone in the group isn't full on it, but most of the time we're not able to pick up ammo. No clue.

nel e nel

Sorry for the long post, catching up on the thread.

That's another little issue I have with the game... They should really be more upfront about the quests rewards. Especially when you have to choose between two npcs to turn in the quests. It'd be nice to see what are the rewards before making a decision.

They show you the little item icons when you open up the quest details in the player menu. So any quest that has a choice of rewards it should show you that at the bottom. So you'll see an assault rifle/smg, or in the case of the AI it was a shield/shotgun. Now, you won't know exactly which model you'll get, but at least you know what category it is in.

What did you guys focus on when using your badass tokens, or did you just spread them out evenly?

There is a finite number of categories, and the increase to each gets progressively smaller. So first token does +1%, 2nd does +0.7%, 3rd does +0.6%. I've been playing 3 characters simultaneously, so by focusing on traits that are good for each character, I'm up to 2.3% in each category.

Just had this drop from my first final boss kill on the second playthrough. Thought it was neat that they remade one of the Borderlands 1 oranges for Borderlands 2. I'm not sure what the special effect is, but the game certainly thinks it's valuable (sells for 5x what otherwise superior rifles sell for).

Thats awesome! Pele is the Hawaiian god of fire, so my guess is it refers to the ridiculous burn damage per second that it has.

Please post them in spoiler tags for those of us who don't have smartphones. I'd really like to know what they are.

Moxxie's Pizza QR code:
Wise man say, forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza.
- Captain Picard

Megasoum

Banned
They show you the little item icons when you open up the quest details in the player menu. So any quest that has a choice of rewards it should show you that at the bottom. So you'll see an assault rifle/smg, or in the case of the AI it was a shield/shotgun. Now, you won't know exactly which model you'll get, but at least you know what category it is in.

Yeah but the icon won't tell you if it's an upgrade or not!

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
I hope this has been discussed already, but is anyone having a problem with the Do No Harm mission? Neither Dr. Zed nor the woman will acknowledge my completion of it, and I can't take any new missions from her.

Riggs

Banned
It just sucks that I have all these side quests w/ greyed out trivial difficulty. I want to do them but there's not much incentive unless I just want to hear the humor. I guess I can try and do these on 2nd play through? Seems like Gearbox really dropped the ball on balancing in this regard, same problem with BL1 occurred.

Razek

Banned
Could somebody please be so kind as to link me directly to Axton's skill tree builder? When I try to get there I keep getting redirected to the BL2 homepage.

I hope this has been discussed already, but is anyone having a problem with the Do No Harm mission? Neither Dr. Zed nor the woman will acknowledge my completion of it, and I can't take any new missions from her.

This was discussed briefly but got lost in the excitement. It seems there is a bug where if you talk to tannis before getting her snazzy intro then you can not complete the mission. It doesn't happen all the time and i don't know if it works itself out. You may have to restart.

h3ro

Seems like Maya's Flicker skill isn't additive. At least according to posters who have crunched numbers on the Gearbox Forums.

Still looking for a definitive word from Adam or anyone else from Gearbox.

At least on 360 that's definitely not my experience, it'll let us grab ammo as long as someone in the group isn't full on it, but most of the time we're not able to pick up ammo. No clue.
Anybody in our group can grab any ammo, a whole container full at a time, every time.

Maybe it works just like Eridium and money? So if one player grabs some SMG ammo, all players get that SMG ammo? In that case maybe it makes things easier on the netcode side of things just to have all ammo available all the time for pickup. Dunno.

------------------------

Right now our team is a "Killer" Zero (team critical hit buff), a "Hoarder" zerker (team bullet regen) and my "Angelic Nurse" Maya (team health regen). This combo is so damn good in the game's extended firefights. Nobody worries about ammo or health, and we drop badasses pretty damn quickly. Its a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom