• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
It's that consolitis, I tells ya.
I kid.

I like the 360 controller.

I do too, it may as well be an extension of my hand I can use it so well. kb/m always felt so unnatural for playing video games for me, like it wasn't supposed to be used for gaming when it was created (the keyboard at least).

Teknoman

I do too, it may as well be an extension of my hand I can use it so well. kb/m always felt so unnatural for playing video games for me, like it wasn't supposed to be used for gaming when it was created (the keyboard at least).

I want force feedback in BL2 so I'll probably use my controller.

Kaldea

I'm getting it on 360 next week, but I plan on buying the PC version at some point. Will definitely be using the 360 controller then too.

Unicorn

I really want a one-handed controller for movement and other function and have a mouse for aiming/looking.

I think that would be something for the "master race" to get behind and flaunt.

I really want a one-handed controller for movement and other function and have a mouse for aiming/looking.

I think that would be something for the "master race" to get behind and flaunt.

?

r7_4.jpg

n52te2.jpg

I don't know how you guys play first-person shooters with a controller lol

The best I can do is get somewhat comfortable after awhile but it never feels right.

Dizzy-4U

The best I can do is get somewhat comfortable after awhile but it never feels right.
Borderlands 1 had very heavy auto-aim so that helped a lot (I think you could turn it off, i don't remember).

I will also go with a controller for Borderlands 2. It's not a competitive game so I can just chill and have fun with gimped controls. I don't care about it too much.

I guess it comes down to what you're use to when it comes to particular genres. I'm the same way with playing fighting games. I need an arcade stick to play comfortably but I can tolerate a controller with a good d-pad. Or with racing games I can never play right with a racing wheel but a controller feels fine.

Muscle memory can be a son-of-a-bitch.

Remmy2112

The fuck is that?!

An awesome if pricey mouse. Fully customizable allowing you to extend or shorten its overall length, position of thumb buttons, angle of thumb buttons, weight, and even palm and pinky rests. Even has a "sniper" thumb button which lowers your DPI only while held down to line up accurate shots. Cyborg R.A.T. series 3-9 which include wireless and MMO versions with even more thumb buttons, though created differently than, say, a Razer Naga.

Teknoman

Borderlands is different for me, since you play it much MUCH longer than a normal FPS without taking a break. co-op loot hunting, exploring, and doing quests...kills my hands after too long with M/KB. Controller though, no problem.

They arn't actually playing with the controller so to speak, they are getting the crosshair in the general county of where they want to shoot so the aim assist can do everything for them

:p

lol you should try CS:GO on 360. like anything else aiming with a controller just takes practice.

:b

SlickVic

I don't really mind using a gamepad for FPS's (gotten used to them playing enough console shooters), but I'll always take M/K when that's an option. Just prefer the feel of aiming with a mouse.

BigDug13

It's not really comfortable to play my PC games on the couch with keyboard/mouse unless I use a trackball. Trackball+FPS= suck. I enjoy my 1920x1080 65 inch "computer monitor" too much. So controller for me on this game.

It's not really comfortable to play my PC games on the couch with keyboard/mouse unless I use a trackball. Trackball+FPS= suck. I enjoy my 1920x1080 65 inch "computer monitor" too much. So controller for me on this game.

Try a Lap Desk works great.Mainstay Lap Desk You can find them for $10 or less. I'm going to use the controller as well.

That's something I've actually been trying to fix. There's a coffee table I've seen that has the top pull up and move forward closer to you, so I'd like to have the keyboard/mouse on it which seems like it'd make it much easier. But before that I would have to find a decent wireless keyboard and mouse because the ones I have now aren't very comfortable to use for extended periods of time.

BigDug13

It's really fine. I used a controller on BL1 for PC after I realized how much my trackball sucked for FPS games. It worked just fine. I'm not in a deathmatch game. The game is designed around a controller anyway and it's easy for me to use.

You really do get used to it.

And when you think about it, trying to train somebody new to games to use WASD and mouse is pretty damn counter-intuitive as well (especially when you throw in all the other standard keys fro jumping, sprint, ducking, leaning, switching weapons, etc.). But in both cases with enough time spent it ends up feeling completely natural and instinctive. Just takes time.

I'm picking this up on the 360 because thats where my co-op buddies are, but I have the first game on PC and I'll so miss the crisp visuals at 60fps. Going back to Borderlands 1 on the 360 took some getting used to.

demolitio

At least a day before would be nice... but their page says on the 18th.

Which means I won't be playing until late Tuesday night at best. I guess it beats getting it like 24 hours earlier for 30 more bucks though, so I can handle that wait. I'm just so bored that any wait is too long and Borderlands 2 has the best shot of keeping me occupied since it's so loot crazy. Everything else just can't hold my attention right now but I'm hyped for this.

This is a game where you're always striving to get something new so it can keep me entertained.

Hey GAF, I have a quick question regarding the original Borderlands:

So a friend and I are replaying the GOTY PC version of the game in order to prepare ourselves for Borderlands 2. Thing is, we never played through any of the DLC before when we original played the game back in 2009 on the 360.

My question is: when do we do The Secret Armory of General Knoxx content? Does that content scale for your first playthrough? I ask all this because I heard the game plays credits after you beat the boss of the DLC content. Do we just beat the game normally...reload our saves...and then do the General Knoxx stuff? Can we even do that? I forget if you're forced into New Game Plus or not after you beat the boss in the Vault at the end.

You really do get used to it.

And when you think about it, trying to train somebody new to games to use WASD and mouse is pretty damn counter-intuitive as well (especially when you throw in all the other standard keys fro jumping, sprint, ducking, leaning, switching weapons, etc.). But in both cases with enough time spent it ends up feeling completely natural and instinctive. Just takes time.

I'm picking this up on the 360 because thats where my co-op buddies are, but I have the first game on PC and I'll so miss the crisp visuals at 60fps. Going back to Borderlands 1 on the 360 took some getting used to.

Yeah, that's a good point. After using a controller for awhile it does become more comfortable but when a long time goes by where I haven't used one, and I do use one, there's always a long period where I'm readjusting and looking down at my hands all the time.

Edgeward

Hey GAF, I have a quick question regarding the original Borderlands:

So a friend and I are replaying the GOTY PC version of the game in order to prepare ourselves for Borderlands 2. Thing is, we never played through any of the DLC before when we original played the game back in 2009 on the 360.

My question is: when do we do The Secret Armory of General Knoxx content? Does that content scale for your first playthrough? I ask all this because I heard the game plays credits after you beat the boss of the DLC content. Do we just beat the game normally...reload our saves...and then do the General Knoxx stuff? Can we even do that? I forget if you're forced into New Game Plus or not after you beat the boss in the Vault at the end.

You get sent back into the world after you beat the game to clean up anything you need to do like DLC. DLC scales to a point and some even have minimum level caps.

Beat the main game first then do the DLC. Then jump into playthrough 2 if you haven't had enough yet and do it all over again for the really good loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom