• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get sent back into the world after you beat the game to clean up anything you need to do like DLC. DLC scales to a point and some even have minimum level caps.

Beat the main game first then do the DLC. Then jump into playthrough 2 if you haven't had enough yet and do it all over again for the really good loot.
All right, awesome. Thanks!

Laws and regulations for contests and sweepstakes are tricky as you go from country to country which is why you normally and almost always find these types of contests locked to specific regions.
yup, but it still could be on the official site, no need for facebook :/

any info about preload for us PC users?

SteveWD40

You guys think this game will be worth playing if you dont have any friends that are playing?

Which format? You can find people on here to play with you I am sure.

Edit: and yes, even solo imho if you like the loot formula then it will be worth a play at least.

MedIC86

Which format? You can find people on here to play with you I am sure.

Edit: and yes, even solo imho if you like the loot formula then it will be worth a play at least.

On PC, i remember that in borderlands 1 it was quiet bad to find servers to play with other people.

SteveWD40

Well on PC it uses Steamworks (BL1 didn't), join the Gaf BL2 steam group (in the OP?) and play with us, that's how I will roll as I am 32 and my friends are all lumbered with kids and can't find the time to game these days.

My PAX prime gifted copy should be in the mail next week. I got an email saying that we also get the premier membership and the Mechromancer, but what about the other DLC?

Well on PC it uses Steamworks (BL1 didn't), join the Gaf BL2 steam group (in the OP?) and play with us, that's how I will roll as I am 32 and my friends are all lumbered with kids and can't find the time to game these days.
No problem just add yourself to the steam group see OP, and have fun with us next week/ coming months :)
My PAX prime gifted copy should be in the mail next week. I got an email saying that we also get the premier membership and the Mechromancer, but what about the other DLC?
Other DLC is the season pass DLC I assume?
That is paid DLC

SteveWD40

Anyone on PC planning on using KB&M? I tend to lean that way but I am a little concerned we haven't seen the "specific" UI as yet, you would think they would want to show it off...?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Anyone on PC planning on using KB&M? I tend to lean that way but I am a little concerned we haven't seen the "specific" UI as yet, you would think they would want to show it off...?

UI doesn't have to look any different. It just has to work.

Most of the PC players are planning on using m/k, I'd guess. That is one of the major reasons TO play an FPS on PC, after all. My controller only gets picked up for 3rd person shooters, driving, flying, etc.

JChalmers

Neo Member

Think I'll use the Xbox controller for the PC version. Find it alot easier to have all the buttons at reach on the controller.

Might try KB & M but always struggle once the keys are all spread out.

Apparently everyone who's doing the review copies are saying on twitter the PC version is the way to go but still say the console versions are amazing.

If rumoured pre-load of the game starts this weekend and GMG gives out codes then I'll do that, if they dont have it comes to Friday (UK Launch) and my PC copy from Amazon hasn't arrived I'll head to Sainsburys next to work on my lunch and pick up the Xbox 360 version to keep me occupied.

Had the original on Xbox 360 with all DLC purchased, PS3 with all DLC Purchased (on sale), PC GOTY edition and sunk a good 100 hours at least into each :D

Randdalf

How much was one piece of DLC in the first game? £15 for all of the Borderlands 2 DLC seems like a good deal... I'll hold off until the game actually comes out though, and possibly until more specific details are announced.

SteveWD40

UI doesn't have to look any different. It just has to work.

Most of the PC players are planning on using m/k, I'd guess. That is one of the major reasons TO play an FPS on PC, after all. My controller only gets picked up for 3rd person shooters, driving, flying, etc.

I agree but I seem to recall reading that the UI was different for KB&M players.

On top of that some console port FPS feel wrong on PC imho, recent COD games for example just don't feel right to me compared to say BC2 or Source FPS games, too floaty, mouse feels off and too many scattered commands to keybind (double tapping W to sprint in BF games > having to bind it in COD).

Woo-Fu

Banned
Think I'll use the Xbox controller for the PC version. Find it alot easier to have all the buttons at reach on the controller.

Might try KB & M but always struggle once the keys are all spread out.

They keys aren't "spread out" unless you spread them out yourself, lol.

A common config for games like this is:

w,a,s,d - movement
spacebar - jump
e,q,f,v - actions
r - reload
shift/ctrl/c - stances/run-walk/etc
1,2,3,4 - weapon select

fire/alt fire/weapon select (and other things depending on how many buttons you can comfortably use) on your mouse.

This isn't X:Terran Conflict we're talking about, with more keys than a piano, this is an FPS.

I agree but I seem to recall reading that the UI was different for KB&M players.

On top of that some console port FPS feel wrong on PC imho, recent COD games for example just don't feel right to me compared to say BC2 or Source FPS games, too floaty, mouse feels off and too many scattered commands to keybind (double tapping W to sprint in BF games > having to bind it in COD).

None of which you'd be able to determine just by watching footage of PC UI. I have no idea what you're talking about double tapping to sprint in BF games, either. I hit/hold the shift key if I want to sprint.

C'mon people, they made a page on the website specifically to tell you this isn't going to happen again. Ease up on the chicken little syndrome. That said, your "feels wrong" is entirely subjective. You won't know if it is good or bad until you feel it yourself. Might want to wait for a demo if that is a dealbreaker.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Haha.

A2o1M2tCUAAtgGR.jpg

SteveWD40

None of which you'd be able to determine just by watching footage of PC UI. I have no idea what you're talking about double tapping to sprint in BF games, either. I hit the shift key if I want to sprint.

C'mon people, they made a page on the website specifically to tell you this isn't going to happen again. Ease up on the chicken little syndrome.

Calm down darling, I was just asking who was planning on using KB&M and wondering what the UI might look like.

Oh and in BC2 you can sprint by double hitting run (W), saves a binding.

red731

The coupon GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G works on it to bring it down to $22.50.

Thanks Nirran!
This made me register on GMG...and will propably be my only purchase there for now
KuGsj.gif

ed: rant - Yesterday I installed new drivers(then reinstalled) for my 5650 Mobility Radeon HD(switchable) and since then, games that have been smooth, like Alan Wake or Mirrors Egdge, dropped FPS in half. ****
I've got CCC to work again, but this essess me off.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Oh and in BC2 you can sprint by double hitting run (W), saves a binding.

I prefer having it on a discrete key. 100+ keys on this keyboard, close to half of them within easy reach of my left hand, no need to save binds for an FPS. :)

Calm down darling, I was just asking who was planning on using KB&M and wondering what the UI might look like.

Perhaps that is what you should have said then, instead of what you actually did say, which is in fact what I've replied to. :)

SteveWD40 said:

SteveWD40 said:
I tend to lean that way but I am a little concerned we haven't seen the "specific" UI as yet, you would think they would want to show it off...?

Gee, neither of those appear to be somebody simply "wondering what a UI might look like".

All of the feedback I've seen posted in various B2 threads has been positive, very positive. That said, do not expect the interface to "look" different, because outside of button/key prompts there is no need for it to. Expect the same floating panel inventory, skill trees, etc., because none of that needs to change simply to work OK on PC. Key/button binding was shown in at that 2-hour video that was posted recently.

SteveWD40

I prefer having it on a discrete key. 100+ keys on this keyboard, close to half of them within easy reach of my left hand, no need to save binds for an FPS. :)

I am crap though, so need as few places to have to press as possible, so I appreciate when developers cater to my old, slow, shitty reflexes and massive hands :)

Edit: since you edited your reply for 100% more sniping, I should just conclude you have sand in your vag about people even talking about the game in a potentially critical manner, that or your bored, so lets leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom