• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

On a side note, I have the coolest looking Conference Call.

ibb0Ak0Scgb3pl.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
  • PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJKT3-WRK9J-6ZJ53-SJKJJ-5XJTR
  • Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJKT3-WRK5R-3XR36-KRJJJ-5XJZW
  • PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTCTB-3BTZZ-6BBJJ-TTJTB-JXCHC
[Active until 6PM CT on 10/6]
Thanks!

Is the Conference Call really that amazing? I've never been able to get one, so I use two level 50 Moxxi's Heartbreaks instead, which lets me kill Terra in two pops.
Goddamn at that damage. I have the regular first playthrough version of the gun, and although I've had to sell it recently because it wasn't good enough anymore, it's an amazing shotgun, loved it to death. Fires so fast and lays the smackdown on enemies, definitely much more effective than the stats alone say.

Does how many people you have in your game as well as the difficulty (normal or VH) influence the loot you get from using your golden keys? Or is that specific chest independent of players/difficulty?
I hear it does scale with the amount of people in your game, I feel like I heard this being confirmed early on closer to release date, but I can't be 100% sure on that.

Any good bosses to farm at lvl 25? Doing commando and looking for a nice shotgun, sniper rifle or assault. The stuff I have now is junk cept for the moxxi shotgun.

gblues

Banned
Why why why do these codes always come out while I'm asleep or at work?! There really needs to be a way to redeem them via the website. *grumble*

red731

Quick question - I can buy class mod with skill I am interested in, but haven't got a single point in it. Will I get the +3 on something I have 0/5?
It costs a lot of money and I don't want to buy rabbit in a sack.

edit: Also thanks for the code!

edit2: Gracias, PixyJunket and AlmostMilk

How do you get it?

Rare drop from Doc Mercy in Three Horns Valley.

Is the Conference Call really that amazing? I've never been able to get one, so I use two level 50 Moxxi's Heartbreaks instead, which lets me kill Terra in two pops.

I haven't been too impressed with mine, to be honest. Granted it's only an x5, but I have a purple Reactive Development (non-legendary shotty) that I enjoy more and does greater damage. I'd actually prefer to have a level 50 Heart Breaker instead. That's one of maybe three items I still wanna get a hold of (Legendary Gunzerker class mod and Breath of Terra are the other two).

Quick question - I can buy class mod with skill I am interested in, but haven't got a single point in it. Will I get the +3 on something I have 0/5?
No, you need at least one point invested to get the bonus.

edit: Also thanks for the code!

The bonus points don't apply unless you have at least one point in that skill.

Xanathus

Conference Call is good because it actually has like 2 or 3 times more pellets than what's shown on the stats screen, that's it's gimmick. Since The Bee adds amp damage to every single pellet, Conference Call is the best weapon to use with it (at least for bosses). Clearing up misinformation.

Wallach

Conference Call is good because it actually has like 2 or 3 times more pellets than what's shown on the stats screen, that's it's gimmick. Since The Bee adds amp damage to every single pellet, Conference Call is the best weapon to use with it (at least for bosses). Clearing up misinformation.

Yes, it fires from 2 additional directions for a total of 15 pellets (or 21 if you have a Practicable prefix). There aren't many shotguns that fire so many pellets, and certainly not with the combination of fire rate, magazine size and ranged accuracy. It's quite a good weapon, especially on very large targets where even at massive distances you will easily land all the pellets.

• PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJKT3-WRK9J-6ZJ53-SJKJJ-5XJTR
  • Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJKT3-WRK5R-3XR36-KRJJJ-5XJZW
  • PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTCTB-3BTZZ-6BBJJ-TTJTB-JXCHC
[Active until 6PM CT on 10/6]

Yay, more keys. 7 now.

abundant

I now have 10/5 Wreck thanks to a class mod and this thing is insane when paired with an SMG with a large clip. I can fire off 40 rounds per second.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I now have 10/5 Wreck thanks to a class mod and this thing is insane when paired with an SMG with a large clip. I can fire off 40 rounds per second.

Yeah, I have something similar. 10/5 Wreck + Chain Reaction is probably what killed Bin Laden.

Ken

What was that thing where you could farm a pistol from a guy but only if you chose a certain character to complete a quest with or something?

Wallach

What was that thing where you could farm a pistol from a guy but only if you chose a certain character to complete a quest with or something?

It's from the Clan Wars quest line out in the Dust. It begins at Ellie. At the end, you'll be forced to attack one of the sides and finish them off for good; if you kill the Zafords you will be able to farm the Maggie (Revolver), and if you kill the Hodunks you'll be able to farm the Slagga (SMG)

Xevren

Clan wars, fight the irish at the end for a chance at a pistol drop, rednecks for smg.

I don't understand the multipliers on the weapons in this game and the first game. You'll see damage on a gun that says something like 100 X 7. Why not just say 700 instead?

HoosTrax

I'm gonna say no, but would love to be proven wrong.
Theoretically, I suppose so, since there are places you can stand where you would receive 0 damage.

But in terms of damage, even if all 4 players had the lower level Bee, it would take days if not weeks I think. As you get higher level, the damage weapons do seems to grow exponentially. Now, if we were talking L50 Gluttonous Thresher, this would actually be impossible I think since he has a shield, which would recharge faster than you can take it down.

Xevren

I would imagine the level difference alone would just make you only be able to do 1 damage a shot, would take a much stronger person than I to sit through all that.

On a side note, I have the coolest looking Conference Call.

ibb0Ak0Scgb3pl.jpg

turbo farm mode engaged!

So, can 4 lvl 35 people kill the terramorphaus?

I have a public games going right now to get some people to try

hell naw.

I've been farming Warrior for an hour or two, damn still no Conference call :(

yea, it's like that some times. I only got one and I don't even want to think about how many times I killed him. if you get tired of trying to farm it, you can have mine.

HoosTrax

I would imagine the level difference alone would just make you only be able to do 1 damage a shot, would take a much stronger person than I to sit through all that.
But would the 5000 or so amp damage from the Bee still be subjected to level disparity falloff. Either way though, totally not worth the effort since he only drops level 50 gear and in the time it would take to kill him, you could probably level all 4 or 5 characters to level 50.

But would the 5000 or so amp damage from the Bee still be subjected to level disparity falloff. Either way though, totally not worth the effort since he only drops level 50 gear and in the time it would take to kill him, you could probably level all 4 or 5 characters to level 50.

AND you'd burn thorough all of your ammo stocks. everyone would.

How does NG+/TVH work, Do i manually decide at which point I start it? Can I lvl to 50 after iv finished the main quest on Playthrough 1, Iv just done the bit
Where roland is shot
how much do I have left.

Any good farming spots to get XP up? Currently Lvl 31. Got 2 Sledges Shotgun drops in a row lvl 25.

How does NG+/TVH work, Do i manually decide at which point I start it? Can I lvl to 50 after iv finished the main quest on Playthrough 1, Iv just done the bit
Where roland is shot
how much do I have left.

Any good farming spots to get XP up? Currently Lvl 31. Got 2 Sledges Shotgun drops in a row lvl 25.

It'd take a really long time, but I guess you could farm Normal level bosses until you get to 50. Your time would be much better spent getting XP in TVH mode, IMO. some decent challenge and a lot of XP.

and you don't have quite a bit left. maybe 1/3rd of the game's story awaits.

HoosTrax

Where roland is shot
how much do I have left.

Not possible in practice. The highest level enemy in Playthrough 1 (other than the level 50 Terramorphous) is the Warrior, which is level 32 I think.

You're two major sections away from the end.

Log4Girlz

turbo farm mode engaged!

hell naw.

yea, it's like that some times. I only got one and I don't even want to think about how many times I killed him. if you get tired of trying to farm it, you can have mine.

Oh sweet, thanks. Heh, I'll keep farming him for a wee bit. It only takes about 5 min per kill, cuz I'm using a whatever SMG :p

I've been farming Warrior for an hour or two, damn still no Conference call :(

I got one at the end of TVHM, but I somehow vendored it D: Now I'm extra careful on my clicks to sell things. At least with a decent Bee and shotgun it's not too much of a problem farming the Warrior.

I got one at the end of TVHM, but I somehow vendored it D: Now I'm extra careful on my clicks to sell things. At least with a decent Bee and shotgun it's not too much of a problem farming the Warrior.

How long does it take with decent weapons?

The reason I ask is that I just finished NG+ and the warrior took me and my friend a good 35 minutes to kill (we dinged 50 during the fight). It is not at all practical to farm a boss that takes so long to kill. I'm going to do the sidequests I left while playing NG+ to get some decent weapons, but is there any specific combo of weapons or items I should try and farm before going back up against bosses?

witness

So I rented this today and have been playing all day, and its a better game in everyway than the original. Better world design, gun variety is fantastic, and I just love the flow through the game so far.

My problem is, just like the first game, you have to be running backwards while fighting the majority of the time because of the overwhelming amount of melee enemies. It drives me crazy to be constantly rushed at, like I'm fighting zombies and if you don't run back you're surrounded from every side. If just that one thing was different, it would be my game of forever.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Any tips of forming a good Axton build as I level up? I'm lvl 22 atm damn OCD with side quests...) and am torn between making Axton a real offensive force or taking up a lot of his defensive abilities. =x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom