• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take with decent weapons?

The reason I ask is that I just finished NG+ and the warrior took me and my friend a good 35 minutes to kill (we dinged 50 during the fight). It is not at all practical to farm a boss that takes so long to kill. I'm going to do the sidequests I left while playing NG+ to get some decent weapons, but is there any specific combo of weapons or items I should try and farm before going back up against bosses?

I use a Bee shield with 48k amp damage and a Tediore shotgun with 17 pellets. Since the bonus is applied to each pellet and the spread is small enough for all to hit the chest hole in 5 minutes (probably much less) you can kill the Warrior with ease.

If you can kill Hunter Hellquist in the Arid Nexus I'd try getting a Bee from him. That plus a shotgun with a high pellet count or a fast firing SMG should take care of most bosses.

mike23

Have the powers that be mentioned anything about fixing the
Warrior's drops so he doesn't spew half of them into the lava or fall dead on top of them?

Yeah, it's ridiculous, not sure who thought randomly spewing loot was a good idea.

Bnk3r is also messed up. If I kill it with bore when it has more than 80-90% hp, it just dies right where I hit it and usually throws most of the loot off the map.

Log4Girlz

How long does it take with decent weapons?

The reason I ask is that I just finished NG+ and the warrior took me and my friend a good 35 minutes to kill (we dinged 50 during the fight). It is not at all practical to farm a boss that takes so long to kill. I'm going to do the sidequests I left while playing NG+ to get some decent weapons, but is there any specific combo of weapons or items I should try and farm before going back up against bosses?

I down him in 5. I use an SMG aimed at his chest, I stick to a certain spot on the map. Ok, he spawns these crystalisks, I use an explosive shotgun with a wide spread to one shot it...wash rinse and repeat. Literally 5 minutes

ANYWAY. Man I've gotten the Flakk gun. Third legendary from Warrior. Not the one I want haha. It borders on useless, wtf is up with that gun. Anyone use it?

So if I join a playthrough 2 run with my siren who is still on playthrough one and do all the quests and stuff do I still get to do them at the level I find them on TVH what I'm thinking is If I rank a second character up and get it ready for TVH could I start TVH with him and level my buddies to 50 in that game so
They can start a TVH run with the newly lvled 50s and I join them
With my first character and start Leveling in that game. So that all the quests are accepted at lvl 50 to maximise rewards

Any tips of forming a good Axton build as I level up? I'm lvl 22 atm damn OCD with side quests...) and am torn between making Axton a real offensive force or taking up a lot of his defensive abilities. =x

Why not simply try both and see which you like more, re-spec-ing is relatively cheap.

Woo-Fu

Banned
No, he resets. You need to leave by the exit then re-enter the hero's pass and fucking run through all the enemies, they respawn and get back to the warrior.

They don't respawn that quickly, though. If you make quick work of the warrior and have to go around to get rid of his corpse you won't have to fight much. If you're zer0 you didn't have to fight any of that in the first place. :p

So I genuinely enjoy the story in BL2. But I have one huuuuge nagging issue.

In the beginning of the game if you're playing as Maya. Jack tells a bunch of goons to leave you and Lilith run away or they'll most likely die because only he can deal with you and Lilith. I thought it was cool that he says this because you're playing as Maya, the game story recognizing you rolled Siren. Now fast forward towards the end of the game when Angel dies...you're standing right there and Jack doesn't even notice Maya as a Siren at all but rather just Vault Hunter. I know it's because for the most part the script is the same for pretty much all the characters. But I felt that was a wasted opportunity.

With that said, the story Handsome Jack tells you about the guy who attacked him with a spoon had me dying of laughter. Especially the end of it. "Morale of the story...you're a bitch."

lol so awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I'm siting on 118K and I just got to Arid Nexus...

Is there any reason for me not to be spending this money at the slots right now? So far it's just there paying for my deaths over and over. Is there anything ever worth buying outside of daily deals at the vending machines?

Log4Girlz

Is there any reason for me not to be spending this money at the slots right now? So far it's just there paying for my deaths over and over. Is there anything ever worth buying outside of daily deals at the vending machines?

In playthrough 2 ammo gets REAL expensive. Though, I didn't get my legendary shotty, I did amass 9 million dollars farming warrior.

In playthrough 2 ammo gets REAL expensive. Though, I didn't get my legendary shotty, I did amass 9 million dollars farming warrior.

9 mill?!! gat dayum.

43 mill here :-/

if you want that Shotty, holla at me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ajreynol

very rare are the times when you HAVE to buy ammo.

I was cheap as hell, so I'd open everything in Sancturary (lots of free ammo), then save --> quit --> continue and do it again until I had sufficient ammo. I'd also farm the red box in Overlook the same way.

FINALBOSS

Banned

In the beginning of the game if you're playing as Maya. Jack tells a bunch of goons to leave you and Lilith run away or they'll most likely die because only he can deal with you and Lilith. I thought it was cool that he says this because you're playing as Maya, the game story recognizing you rolled Siren. Now fast forward towards the end of the game when Angel dies...you're standing right there and Jack doesn't even notice Maya as a Siren at all but rather just Vault Hunter. I know it's because for the most part the script is the same for pretty much all the characters. But I felt that was a wasted opportunity.

With that said, the story Handsome Jack tells you about the guy who attacked him with a spoon had me dying of laughter. Especially the end of it. "Morale of the story...you're a bitch."

lol so awesome.

It's said that Maya doesn't respond to Eridium like Lilith does.

You can blow it it all.

RS4-

I'm only level 26 and I'm kind of tired of doing all the side missions; possible to just do all the story stuff, finish game, then go back and do the side stuff?

Or do I end up closing everything up and my choices are NG+ and farming bosses?

I'm only level 26 and I'm kind of tired of doing all the side missions; possible to just do all the story stuff, finish game, then go back and do the side stuff?

Or do I end up closing everything up and my choices are NG+ and farming bosses?

just do the regular missions and go back if you feel like it. or move on to TVHM.

Gibbo

If you want good loot, is there any point in playing Co-op? Players usually spam their pick up buttons in almost all the games I've been in so far, leaving you with almost nothing good if you're slow

Log4Girlz

I finally found an e-weapon I like. Assault rifle with fire chance, big magazine and very fast fire rate.

YTPRE.jpg

You decide to use a golden key
You get the exact same class mod as the one that dropped for you a few levels back

sigh.

If you want good loot, is there any point in playing Co-op? Players usually spam their pick up buttons in almost all the games I've been in so far, leaving you with almost nothing good if you're slow

Coop with friends, public Coop is sounds rage inducing.

BLU-82

Something really bizzare is going on.
Farming the warrior trying to find a conference call and all of a sudden I started getting 'slagged' bad ass challenge thing coming up. From level 1/2/3 etc etc. Then I noticed that my badass rank had doubled, and I had like 75 tokens to spend! BA rank had gone from about 11k to 19k!???
I killed the warrior and quit/reset and again my bad ass rank has doubled up! Sounds great, but the game keeps crashing when I get one of the challenges (the 4th slagged challenge).

Has anyone experienced this? WTF is going on!!

HoosTrax

lol so awesome.
Jack says this regardless of which Vault Hunter you're playing as. His comments are strictly with regards to Lilith only, although it's easy to miscontrue them as referencing you if you're playing Maya.

Log4Girlz

9 mill?!! gat dayum.

43 mill here :-/

if you want that Shotty, holla at me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ajreynol

very rare are the times when you HAVE to buy ammo.

I was cheap as hell, so I'd open everything in Sancturary (lots of free ammo), then save --> quit --> continue and do it again until I had sufficient ammo. I'd also farm the red box in Overlook the same way.

Man, ok so Terra solo took 1 minute.

Hopefully they'll be releasing a first patch soon for PS3 at least. Noticing more and more little nagging bugs that aren't really that big of a deal, but altogether can be pretty annoying.

Chests/lockers/bins/etc. showing as open but they're actually closed and contain items, "Open" cue getting stuck just like BL1, unable to move aim when you get locked into zoomed in mode when fighting for your life, all of the audio logs respawning and seemingly existing for no reason. A bunch more I can't think of.

Not finding much good loot, and I am also one of those people that accidentally used my golden key in sanctuary. :(

Jack says this regardless of which Vault Hunter you're playing as. His comments are strictly with regards to Lilith only, although it's easy to miscontrue them as referencing you if you're playing Maya.

Maybe, he does say "I'm the only one who can take them." You really wouldn't use them when referring to one person.

Don't ruin this for me!

BLU-82

I don't understand what is happening. I have quit and relaunched BL2 twice and every time I continue and shoot and enemy it's as if all my challenges that I have already completed ding all over again and I get the badass rank for it. Essentially doubling my BA rank every time!??!

Mate on skype is laughing wondering why this is bothering me. Not the worst glitch to ever happen but I don't really want my BA rank doubling EVERY time I play the game or shoot something.

Took a bunch of screenshots. It's already done it 3 times when I took this pic:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/BLU-82/2012-10-07_00001.jpg

Quit/rejoined shot something and then:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/BLU-82/2012-10-07_00003.jpg
You can see in the bottom left it ticks 'challenge 1/2/3/4/5' all over again...

WTF!
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/BLU-82/2012-10-07_00005.jpg

Killed Saturn and a rare head dropped....for assassin....it's my birthday (no seriously it is) and I can't even get customization mods for Maya (so wanted to make a birthday head joke)

Maya is a ghetto Siren

No one cares about her ass

Whoa whoa....let's not get carried away here...or you'll be carried away!

Sup

Xevren

Killed Saturn and a rare head dropped....for assassin....it's my birthday (no seriously it is) and I can't even get customization mods for Maya (so wanted to make a birthday head joke)

Whoa whoa....let's not get carried away here...or you'll be carried away!

Sup

Happy birthday! If you're on 360 I can hook you up with some siren heads as a bday present if you'd like.

I don't understand what is happening. I have quit and relaunched BL2 twice and every time I continue and shoot and enemy it's as if all my challenges that I have already completed ding all over again and I get the badass rank for it. Essentially doubling my BA rank every time!??!

Mate on skype is laughing wondering why this is bothering me. Not the worst glitch to ever happen but I don't really want my BA rank doubling EVERY time I play the game or shoot something.

Took a bunch of screenshots. It's already done it 3 times when I took this pic:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/BLU-82/2012-10-07_00001.jpg

Quit/rejoined shot something and then:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/BLU-82/2012-10-07_00003.jpg
You can see in the bottom left it ticks 'challenge 1/2/3/4/5' all over again...

WTF!
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/BLU-82/2012-10-07_00005.jpg

Yeah, a friend of mine had that happen with a badass challenge that gave a customization skin. So every time he shot something, he'd complete the rank and it would give him another duplicate skin.

He came into my game and dropped like 3 dozen of them on the ground. Was kind of funny.

Megasoum

Banned
So huh, in the shipyard right before the Wildlife Preserve, there's a box with a red switch that's linked to a bunch of other boxes by electrical wires. Anyone know what to do with that?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
So huh, in the shipyard right before the Wildlife Preserve, there's a box with a red switch that's linked to a bunch of other boxes by electrical wires. Anyone know what to do with that?

shoot it and reaps the rewards.

I take it nobody has honed in on how the Pretty and Pink skin is acquired yet?

The guys on the GBX forums putting together the Head/Skin doc think some of the skin drops are bugged.

The bug noted above is indeed also tied to one of the skins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom