• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he resets. You need to leave by the exit then re-enter the hero's pass and fucking run through all the enemies, they respawn and get back to the warrior.

too late. i should have paused the game and made a quick post on gaf.

does anyone know if Gearbox is doing anything about this oversight in the next update?

Happy birthday! If you're on 360 I can hook you up with some siren heads as a bday present if you'd like.

Ah dude you're awesome, but unfortunately I'm on PC. Thanks though, the simple gesture is much appreciated!

Lillith had like, half the abilities in this game

Maya is like a freshman, Lillith on that PHD shit

To be fair, Lilith is a eridium addict. >.> Everytime I see her

Sup
I NEED ERIDIUM!!

GIVE MEEEE!

Maya is all natural son!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ah dude you're awesome, but unfortunately I'm on PC. Thanks though, the simple gesture is much appreciated!

To be fair, Lilith is a eridium addict. >.> Everytime I see her

Sup
I NEED ERIDIUM!!

GIVE MEEEE!

Maya is all natural son!

That's exactly what I thought the first time you meet her in 2.

Lilith: I NEED MAH ERIDIUM.

me: "She's a crackhead now!"

MrDaravon

On repeated playthroughs with other characters, enemies respawning while in the same zone is making some areas a royal pain in the ass (Lynchwood, Caustic Caverns, etc). Really wish that wasn't in.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I can't get the Warrior to drop a fcking Conference Call. ><

We got him to drop one today, of course he fell on it so we had to go all the way back around to get it. Playing in a group does wonders for the drop rate, solo 200+ hours and get nothing, play 2 player co-op and find a legendary every hour.

BLU-82

Yeah, a friend of mine had that happen with a badass challenge that gave a customization skin. So every time he shot something, he'd complete the rank and it would give him another duplicate skin.

He came into my game and dropped like 3 dozen of them on the ground. Was kind of funny.

Holy shit I hadn't even thought to check on those skins etc. I had 460/27 items in my inventory :(
selling them all netted me over 5 million haha.
Right I have done some further testing. It doesn't happen if I use any other elemental weapon. It's only my slagga. It hasn't been doing this all night till just a minute ago.
Now every time I shoot something with the slagga all my BA rank doubles...

I joined a friends game and even when HE uses a slagga, it happens...

Xevren

The drops rates are bad in general, it sounds like some of them feel like MMO items.

Yea it's really bad. It's better with 4 players at least.

Got any good Gunzerker or Commando heads

I pretty much keep extra's of the really rare ones (that I have gotten anyway.)

Commando:
Space Knight
Dapper Gent
Medic Mantis
Gallant Grunt
Shadaloo Stylish
Sandblaster

Gunzerk:
Boatmurderer
Rasta-nefarious
Marshall Mustache
The Baron
Wizened Warrior

nel e nel

Jack says this regardless of which Vault Hunter you're playing as. His comments are strictly with regards to Lilith only, although it's easy to miscontrue them as referencing you if you're playing Maya.

Except this doesn't jive with all of the recordings you can find in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve

recordings that Angel gave Jack that specifically detail Maya's experiences before coming to Pandora, wherein Angel straight up says "I've found another siren, do you want to see the security footage?"

A friend and I are just trying to solve something simple.

Locked room in Sanctuary, behind Tannis. How is this opened? Is it story related? We're at
Just got Brick/did the first Slab King Mission/just started The Man Who Would be Jack
. Is it some sort of thing we're too dumb to figure out, or what?

Fracas

#fuckonami

Locked room in Sanctuary, behind Tannis. How is this opened? Is it story related? We're at
Just got Brick/did the first Slab King Mission/just started The Man Who Would be Jack

It opens once you reach a certain point in the story. Don't worry, you shouldn't miss it

"Sup sucka! I wrote you a poem and it goes a little somethin like this.
Kill jack. Kill Jack. KIIIILLLL JAAAAAACK. A poem by Tiny Tina"

lol so awesome.

kewlmyc

Just beat the game. Good stuff. Anyway, is there anyway to do redo the Statuesque mission. I never got a chance to do it because it said that I failed it after I did the Jack voice story quest.

MrDaravon

Have you guys not beaten it yet? Holy shit!

Amon37

It would be nice for one maya and lilith to have some special dialog as there are
only 6 sirens at any one time

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Have you guys not beaten it yet? Holy shit!
Don't make fun of us :(

I just got to
Hero's Pass
. I'm guessing the last stretch of the game is ahead. Anyone know about how long it takes? Wondering if I should finish it tonight or no.

Also does this game still have multiple grades of orange rarity or only one?

TheChits

Don't make fun of us :(

I just got to
Hero's Pass
. I'm guessing the last stretch of the game is ahead. Anyone know about how long it takes? Wondering if I should finish it tonight or no.

Also does this game still have multiple grades of orange rarity or only one?

You are right at the end of the game. And just one type of orange

barrin87

I have been trying to run through TVHM without doing any of the side missions that offer blue weapons but it is making the game really hard compared to the first play through. I am rethinking that strategy and just finding the missions that will give items I really want since there is limited space in the game either way.

Borderlands 2 definitely seems to have a lower drop rate for legendary items. I am over halfway through TVHM and I have still only seen 3 legendary items and all of those were in the first run through the game.

It opens once you reach a certain point in the story. Don't worry, you shouldn't miss it

I missed it on my 2nd playthru, which I guess means it's not essential to pushing the story along. I ended up doing it after I finished NG+ and the response from the quest giver was essentially remarking about the missions to come.

Xevren

A farming game to fight like...nothing really. I have fun going through the story, not so much the end game. I only farm to play with friends so if they want to do it I do it. Really wish it had more to do in the end game.

Meier

Beat Saturn today.. took freaking forever but it was worth it! Got a nice sniper that is 1150 damage or so. Fire-based though so kind of useless in the area but can't wait to use it elsewhere!

I actually did not even realize I could shoot out the turrets. I probably killed them with my grenades.

When I farm for orange weapons, I get shit.

When I don't, I get 2.

Playing with my friend as the Commando (level 32) and a Legendary Soldier Class Mod (level 26) dropped from a boss. That surprised the shit outta me.

Then, a hellfire dropped but it was like level 9.

Either way, it was great to see some fucking orange drops lol.

neoism

Rare drop from Doc Mercy in Three Horns Valley.

I haven't been too impressed with mine, to be honest. Granted it's only an x5, but I have a purple Reactive Development (non-legendary shotty) that I enjoy more and does greater damage. I'd actually prefer to have a level 50 Heart Breaker instead. That's one of maybe three items I still wanna get a hold of (Legendary Gunzerker class mod and Breath of Terra are the other two).

do you have to do the quest or he randomly drops it... I did like 10 runs and got shit... this game is as bad as D3 with drops.... 60 hours 2 oranges... :\

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A farming game to fight like...nothing really. I have fun going through the story, not so much the end game. I only farm to play with friends so if they want to do it I do it. Really wish it had more to do in the end game.

I just hit 50 and started to farm some things tonight. Got a bee shield with 15k capacity and 44k amp damage. I think I'm gonna try for it again and go for the other legendaries pending I have help.

Meier

I still have 0 golden keys. :( Shift never seems to let me login on my Xbox which is necessary at least once to put in codes online from what I gather.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I still have 0 golden keys. :( Shift never seems to let me login on my Xbox which is necessary at least once to put in codes online from what I gather.

Shift won't let me even link my account.

Got my PC and PS3 linked hassle free though.

Log4Girlz

I love the rare dialogue. I've given Moxxi TONS of money, and she's only said a certain line once, goes something like "Ah dammit now I'm all wet...because I spilled a drink...its not because you're tipping me" ;p riiiiiight Moxxi.

Inskipp

Are there any good orange shields besides The Bee? I'm particularly interested in something with a large capacity (40k+), but all the large shield that's I've managed to find barely have a recharge rate of 7k, so I was wondering if there's something with a recharge rate similar to The Bee.

I love the rare dialogue. I've given Moxxi TONS of money, and she's only said a certain line once, goes something like "Ah dammit now I'm all wet...because I spilled a drink...its not because you're tipping me" ;p riiiiiight Moxxi.
I recall tipping her so much money that I caused her to speak in her old redneck- accent... Chuckles were had, to say the least.

Log4Girlz

Are there any good orange shields besides The Bee? I'm particularly interested in something with a large capacity (40k+), but all the large shield that's I've managed to find barely have a recharge rate of 7k.

I recall tipping her so much money that I caused her to speak in her old redneck- accent... Chuckles were had, to say the least.

Yeah that was good :D

Would anyone be willing to sell me a Space Knight helmet for commando? Been farming for days with no luck. I can offer up to $1 mil, that's pretty much all I have of worth. PM me.

I'm on PC by the way.

do you have to do the quest or he randomly drops it... I did like 10 runs and got shit... this game is as bad as D3 with drops.... 60 hours 2 oranges... :\

You can find it on him either during the quest or while farming him afterwards. It does seem to be a very rare drop. I didn't even get mine on my own, had to trade for it. Spent 2-3 hours farming him prior to that and came up empty.

Are there any good orange shields besides The Bee? I'm particularly interested in something with a large capacity (40k+), but all the large shield that's I've managed to find barely have a recharge rate of 7k.

The largest capacity shield I've seen so far is the Fabled Tortoise, which is in the 150k+ range. Unfortunately it has the side-effect of slowing you down noticeably while equipped (although you do gain a significant speed boost when depleted).

Edgeward

Man, hearing the jackpot sound and turning around, only to see it's the eridium payout. And your bag is already topped out with 99 of them =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom