• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the rare dialogue. I've given Moxxi TONS of money, and she's only said a certain line once, goes something like "Ah dammit now I'm all wet...because I spilled a drink...its not because you're tipping me" ;p riiiiiight Moxxi.

That was one of the first things Moxxi said to me after tipping....I guess in my game she's on easy mode.

Hazanko

Banned
Can someone help on TVHM. Im at the start but the guns take ages to kill and im stuck. Im on x360 and ID Glitch321. Some help would be good.

one_kill

I started TVHM today and it's OK I guess. It's a lot harder, even on coop. I've been getting some green ranked guns which are more powerful than the purple ones I got from my first playthrough.

Are there any good orange shields besides The Bee? I'm particularly interested in something with a large capacity (40k+), but all the large shield that's I've managed to find barely have a recharge rate of 7k, so I was wondering if there's something with a recharge rate similar to The Bee.

Yes, there are a few really good options.

Impaler

*GROUNDED* WTF

Black Hole

At what point does Gunzerker become a dealer of wanton destruction? I'm level 13 at the moment and I'll be able to get one of the 'game-changer' abilities shortly. Up until now, whenever I pop Gunzerk I'll get lucky and pop 2 enemies then it's me running around, chasing enemies so I can shoot them in the face.

Then it runs out

BLU-82

After reading further it's a known glitch with the 'get slagged' challenge...
I was using the slagga & bee to try and farm warrior. I now can't use a slagged weapon or be in the presence of someone using a slag weapon until they patch it. Or create a new character...JOY!

Does anyone have a spare conference call? :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
You don't want to know how many hours I spent making this happen solo.

Target spotted!

fkF3L.jpg

Evidently he could hit the broad side of a barn.

mQsNl.jpg

Of course he dropped nothing worth mentioning. One of the many Chubby Varkids on the way to Vermivorous did drop the legendary hippity hoppity rocket launcher.

What's up with the checkpoints in this game? It saves constantly and when you die it brings you back to those... thingies.

But after resetting you're spawned back at the last quick travel location and you have to kill all the enemies and loot everything over again. Is there any point in that other than to be incredibly annoying?

dalin80

Banned
Does anyone else find that the end of the game escalates a bit too quickly, from levels 1 to 15 if you find a decent weapon it will serve you well for the next 5 or so and your progress through the weapons seems natural and smooth but by the mid 20's on you need a whole load of new equipment every level or be left behind.

My awesome 2200 damage grenade went form being a joy to use to only tickling in enemies in one level up are required the next level 3400 grenade to have any effect, my orange snioer rifle would head shot bandits in at most two shots, next level it required up to 5. I found the progression through BL1 to be more fun and smooth with no need to focus so much on making sure you have same level stuff.

Paertan

Second playthrough done. Almost at level 50 and got "Critical Conference Call" =D Not bad for second time beating Warrior =P
Gonna skip The Bee though, seems boring to have that.

Now PT2.5 and doing all the saved sidequests.

Gonna skip The Bee though, seems boring to have that.

Randy Pitchford talked about nerfing it, so you might want to get one before you can't anymore. Plus they're going to raise the level cap soon so it won't be as OP then as it seems now.

I got this Bee today

but I've seen screens of better versions with greater stats (notably in the shield capacity). Is it completely random or does the quality of the item increase if you farm it in co-op as opposed to solo?

Another random thought that crossed my mind about all the side quests that were left for PT2.5. Does it make sense to complete them but not turn them in and wait for the level cap increase? That way, when they do increase the cap, you can actually get the xp towards level 51. Obviously you turn inthe quests for which you want the reward, but I reckon there will be at least 50-70 other quests left over which can give you a million xp if you turn them in afterwards. That's quite a lot.

h3ro

Anyone on XBL want to barter a deal to send over a Level 30ish Bee? Or a Level 50 one as well so I can have one in storage before the nerf.

Is it completely random or does the quality of the item increase if you farm it in co-op as opposed to solo?
I think its random. I have a bunch from playthough 1 and the only thing I noticed that with co-op the level of the shield was higher. The stats were different for each one, some better some worse, but it was independent of the level.

HoosTrax

Target spotted!

fkF3L.jpg

mQsNl.jpg

Of course he dropped nothing worth mentioning. One of the many Chubby Varkids on the way to Vermivorous did drop the legendary hippity hoppity rocket launcher.
Good to know that it's possibly to do this in Tundra Express (I assume that's the location shown in those screenshots?). Spending hours in Crystal Caverns is a little depressing for some reason. Maybe the music or history associated with that place.

Have any special tips for how to get to that evolution? The highest I've gotten is Ultimate Badass.

Omg fuck me. I start the game again and there is a chest where I spawn. I think to myself ooooh loot and open the chest and lo and behold two purple items. I throw some shit out because my backpack is full and grab the goodies run to the next vendor empty my pack and run back to the chest to pick up the rest of my stuff and say WHAT?! The chest is green again. Lucky day! I open it and I finally realize that I just threw away my 2 gold keys for Lvl 10 crap :(

Paertan

Target spotted!

fkF3L.jpg

mQsNl.jpg

I was just in Tundra with three guys trying to make it evolve. Got Ultimate two times but then it never killed anything =/ Stupid bug!

Ricker

What's up with the checkpoints in this game? It saves constantly and when you die it brings you back to those... thingies.

But after resetting you're spawned back at the last quick travel location and you have to kill all the enemies and loot everything over again. Is there any point in that other than to be incredibly annoying?

Nope,welcome to Borderlands lol....this and some quick respawns at times,when you are looking for something(that stupid marker)is the only bad thing about this series...another reason to play co-op most of the time.

Just decided to finally get this game (looks awesome but a bit time stealing lol); very happy to try out my new internet speed with it too - games down in about 10 minutes :)

There goes my afternoon gaf! Shall report back on my Borderlands experience :)

neoism

D3 is like that but less annoying because of a better check point system... the only thing that really fucks it up is the enemies getting there health back... dieing in this game is a fucking chore... wish the re-spawn thing was a video file...I would delete it in a second...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Don't know if anyone here is interested, since this seems to affect very few people, but the cause and a fix for this issue has been found:

Dammit, now I'm getting that weird texture flickering again.

Recorded a crappy phone video of it (especially look at the rocks to the left):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_o0vZzGHg

Anyone else got this problem, or know what causes it and how to fix it? As you can see, it only happens with the rock textures, and nothing else.

Here are two screenshots from the video which really show what's happening (normal first, then the flickering which lasts only a frame or two):

i3im2Ylqc50CI.png

ifvWWfa4ztrM6.png

Turns out that it's somehow related to the AF setting. A guy on the Steam forums noted that turning AF off fixed it for him. So when I was playing last night I had the issue happen again, and decided to try messing with the AF setting (from the in-game video settings menu) to see if it would help. What I found was that changing it to anything other than my original setting (8x) did the trick. Setting it to Off, 4x or 16x immediately fixed the issue (didn't bother trying 2x), while setting it back to 8x made it start happening again. So I left it at 16x, and happily played for a few more hours without any issues.

I don't believe that this is caused specifically by having AF set to 8x though. If I'm understanding the other guy correctly, he already had it set to 16x when it happened to him, so it seems more likely that it's a general bug with the AF that fixes itself by changing it to something else.

Pretty weird, but at least now I know how to fix it. Hopefully a real fix will come either from Gearbox or Nvidia, although given how extremely rare the issue seems to be that might not be very likely.

Icomp

Okay, so I beat the game. Is there any way to summon the last boss again to farm him a bit? (This is on normal.)

Wallach

Okay, so I beat the game. Is there any way to summon the last boss again to farm him a bit? (This is on normal.)

Yeah, you can go back there whenever you want (through the same path) and you'll be able to fight him directly. If you save and quit after defeating and looting, you'll still be in the final area so you can farm him pretty quickly.

When you beat the boss, get the loot you want. Save and quit. Then choose continue. You'll be right at the vending machines before the boss. Just run in and kill him again. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm in TVHM and am tipping Moxxi to get her gun. She gives me the first one, then I tip her again and she tells me again to take a gun but never gives me one. This has happened over and over about 10 times now. Does she not give 2 guns in TVHM?

sflufan

Banned
What's interesting is how much further Gearbox has pushed the artistic direction of the game in the stylized direction.

The artistic style contrast between BL2 and its predecessor is perhaps nearly as great as between BL1 and the original concept's art style. I guess that both the very positive reception of the original game and the apparent acceptance of the gaming community for this type of art style gave them the latitude to go even further.

I mean, just look at the backlash that Insomniac is facing for the change in art direction for Overstr...I mean, Fuse. That's proof positive that the gaming community is pretty receptive to non-realistic looking graphics in a mainstream shooter.

The artistic style contrast between BL2 and its predecessor is perhaps nearly as great as between BL1 and the original concept's art style.

In what way is this remotely true? I love this game, but stylistically it's doing nothing new in this game that the first didn't do.

edgefusion

I'm in TVHM and am tipping Moxxi to get her gun. She gives me the first one, then I tip her again and she tells me again to take a gun but never gives me one. This has happened over and over about 10 times now. Does she not give 2 guns in TVHM?

I'd like to know this as well. She's done the same thing to me twice.

It's even further along the "cartoony" path than the first. The contrast is quite evident to my eyes.

Examples? You have the exact same enemy models in the majority of the game. The environments in many cases are exactly the same. You're literally saying that the difference between borderlands 1 and 2 is as big as the difference between the original realistic rage esque look, and that's crazy talk my friend.

Wallach

The environments are the same? I don't know about all that. Borderlands was pretty drab in that regard compared to the sequel, and the environment variety was much less. Same for the enemy types, there are quite a few more enemy types than in the first game.

That said, I don't think the art style itself changed a whole lot. They just put a lot more effort into the variety and color of the existing art style.

same. she's glitching out. exit your game and try again =/

whats a good shield with low delay on it? i want to drop ward for my siren

sflufan

Banned
Examples? You have the exact same enemy models in the majority of the game. The environments in many cases are exactly the same. You're literally saying that the difference between borderlands 1 and 2 is as big as the difference between the original realistic rage esque look, and that's crazy talk my friend.

To my eyes, the character models in BL2 are far more stylized than those of the original game.

IronRinn

Used a golden key before finishing the game last night at level 32. Gave me two shit blue artifacts. Fucking hate the loot system in this game. 37 hours and 2 oranges (farmed The Bee and a grenade from the final boss.) Oh well, over and done with now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Used a golden key before finishing the game last night at level 32. Gave me two shit blue artifacts. Fucking hate the loot system in this game. 37 hours and 2 oranges (farmed The Bee and a grenade from the final boss.) Oh well, over and done with now.
I'm well over 50 hours and have only one orange. Without farming.

Consider yourself lucky.

At least now we know why they didn't make the golden chest more obvious and warn you that you were spending a key. They know the box is generally full of shit. For new people to the thread, don't waste your keys by saving them for level 50. You will be disappointed. Use them as you level up.

I'm well over 50 hours and have only one orange. Without farming.

Consider yourself lucky.

I've looted 20+ legendaries so far. Granted 17 of them were repeat class mods off Terramorphous and 3 more were Jack heads off The Warrior. But still...yeah, the loot system is kinda sucky.

Zeth

I'm starting the final story mission today in my first play through. Is there a recommended level I should get to before starting TVHM? Is it worth farming the boss or will the loot quickly become worthless?

Edit: haven't done the key thing. Can I get one by registering or checking twitter? (360)

I'm starting the final story mission today in my first play through. Is there a recommended level I should get to before starting TVHM? Is it worth farming the boss or will the loot quickly become worthless?

The loot you get from the first playthru is pretty much obsolete the minute you walk into TVHM. Dont waste your time farming.

I feel like loot is far less random in this game. Everyone is farming for 1 item off someone, what happened to random drops that had sweet stats effects?

So I've been killing The Warrior with a junk sniper rifle. Playing as Maya at level 32, the gun does 17k crit damage on his exposed parts....This depresses me that the best gun I have against Warrior was a junk gun I picked up with the intention of selling.... >.>

Inskipp

I feel like loot is far less random in this game. Everyone is farming for 1 item off someone, what happened to random drops that had sweet stats effects?
I'm guessing it's a side- effect of having more consistent "traits" within each manufacturer. I think the system kind of works from a visual standpoint (each manufacturer has a unique look and even the same archetypes of guns have several small details switching around), but as a side- effect you get lots of guns from the same manufacturer that can feel very "samey", both in stats and the overall look.

I'm hoping they can improve it with the future DLC's somehow. Perhaps by adding more manufacturers(with their own set of unique traits), or just expanding the original ones by adding more traits. Preferably both :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom