• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? If people enjoy playing the game with them let them. Mind your own business.

The issue with people playing with hacked stuff is it makes online co-op pointless and half the time those same people throw all their stuff into the middle of a loot pile which fucks up everything.

Lima

Pink/seraph weapons should be above orange. They are in your inventory. They are pretty much the same as the pearlescent weapons in the first one. Higher rarity (with the whole only farm crystals once a day) but they pretty much suck.

barrin87

Pink/seraph weapons should be above orange. They are in your inventory. They are pretty much the same as the pearlescent weapons in the first one. Higher rarity (with the whole only farm crystals once a day) but they pretty much suck.

So I keep reading that the pink weapons suck but what about the Blood of Seraphs? It looks like the Blood of Terramorphous but much better. I wouldn't mind getting that one at least.

nah. people editing shit and making their own weapons.

9puuzs.png

My first thought looking at this: Why bother adding the various immunities yet leave the recharge delay so damn high?

So I keep reading that the pink weapons suck but what about the Blood of Seraphs? It looks like the Blood of Terramorphous but much better. I wouldn't mind getting that one at least.

Yeah, Blood of Seraphs is basically a Blood of Terra replacement. Gives you the health regen as well as a health increase. Also, the stats change every time you unequip/re-equip it.

The relic, the shield (Evolution), and the pistol (Devastator) seem to be the best of the Seraph bunch. Everything else appears to be no better than solid purple-tier guns.

HoosTrax

I've gotten multiple drops of these legendaries (level 50):
Madhous!, Shredifier, Gub, Hornet, Thunderball Fists, Unkempt Harold, Badaboom, Striker, Pitchfork, Sledge's Shotgun

I'm looking to trade the spares for these legendaries (prefer non-duped):
Veruc, Hammer Buster, Infinity, Logan's Gun, Pyrophobia, Bunny, Nukem, Mongol, Norfleet, Invader, Longbow

If you're interested, you can take a look at what I have and pick between the two versions of the gun I have.

(this is for Steam/PC)

Madhous!, Shredifier, Gub, Hornet, Thunderball Fists, Unkempt Harold, Badaboom, Striker, Pitchfork

Veruc, Hammer Buster, Infinity, Logan's Gun, Pyrophobia, Bunny, Nukem, Mongol, Norfleet, Invader, Longbow

If you're interested, you can take a look at what I have and pick between the two versions of the gun I have.

(this is for Steam/PC)

Would you be willing to trade the Thunderball Fists for a Veruc? If so, Add me on Steam.

Anyone having problems with Geary's ring respawning after completing the
LOTR
secret mission? My buddy and I did it last night, great fun, but now the ring is gone in my game even after fully closing out and reloading.

Madhous!, Shredifier, Gub, Hornet, Thunderball Fists, Unkempt Harold, Badaboom, Striker, Pitchfork, Sledge's Shotgun

(this is for Steam/PC)

i've got a bunch of logans drops. i'll add you later.

So my PS3 started to give "installed game is corrupt" error messages whenever I load my level 10 Gaige and walk down into the first enemy village in Frostburn Canyon. I also loaded another character, which worked for at least a couple of minutes (should really have given it a bit more time for better results) but gave the same error after I moved to the same spot.

I think that was the first time I've played any character in that particular zone after installing the latest patch, so maybe the patch corrupted something. I'm re-downloading the whole game and leaving out the DLC pack for now (and took backups of my saves). Annoying.

zulfate

i have a question about farming legendaries: what is the point?

i know that in diablo 2 back in the day we farmed all day just to get items to farm better things? now i dont mind farming a little bit but there isnt a new mode to test these new items in or am i missing something? of course i understand you want the best items for your character but once you have them what do you do with them?

Xevren

i know that in diablo 2 back in the day we farmed all day just to get items to farm better things? now i dont mind farming a little bit but there isnt a new mode to test these new items in or am i missing something? of course i understand you want the best items for your character but once you have them what do you do with them?

You show them off on various forums, duh!

AEREC

Does it annoying anyone else how dialogue always likes to happen during a firefight? Seems like a lot of the writing in this game is wasted due it being delivered at the wrong times.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Use them in the DLC perhaps? Find them for use in raid bosses? Fulfill your completionist desires?

Plenty of reasons.

Anyone have a Level 50 Corrosive or Electric Veruc? I will swap a Level 50 Corrosive Conference Call for one. Will be on tommorow morning after work.

I honestly feel bad now that I got mine on the first time i was at the last boss at level 50. actually I was level 49 but still got a level 50 CC.

Haha. Ditto. Well, I was at Level 50, but it was my first go at the Warrior in TVHM. We are jerks.

Also, the Skullmasher... Goddamn. That seems borderline impossible to get. Is it true that it can drop from the Warrior?

-BLITZ-

Finished Normal mode by beating The Warrior at level 34 only with Turret and one Corrosive Assault Rifle that throws bullets in typical of a flare or mortar instead of straight target. I never thought I would actually win with the weapon that I considered it unusefull when I pick it up in the first place because I had to aim down and see half of my enemy otherwise the bullets were going in mid air with no hit, but completely melts about every Badass Loarder or Constructor I met and very efficient on distance like Saturn, furthermore the weapon itself was taken below 30 level at Lynchwood. I might say is my best Corrosive gun I encounter so far, if all those SMG and Sniper Rifles or Shotgun didn't had any effect whatsoever.

No rare loot for me, just two purple shotguns enough powerful, something that always both games gave to me, enough shotguns, end up playing only with shotguns with different element types, especially fire most of the time, however I'm okay with that since whitout those, I wouldn't finish the game. I died in Borderlands 2 less then the previous one and those are good news to me.

Still need to finish the two tournaments of Wildlife Exploitation Preserve and Ore Chasm, the special 50 levelcap one and the DLC that I keep it for hopping in rare loot and new features.

Why is duping ok with everyone? It's essentially cheating...is there anything gearbox can ever do about this?

Why is playing in a group, farming a legendary for hours, days even, weeks in some cases to have finally have the legendary drop and only one person get it acceptable?

The loot system Gearbox has employed is archaic and terrible.

Insaniac

sooo, gunzerker/gunzerking, whats a good way to play this guy? I'm rocking dual e-tech assault rifles with 7900 damage but i still get wasted.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is duping ok with everyone? It's essentially cheating...is there anything gearbox can ever do about this?
Gearbox doesn't want to do anything about it because (and they've gone on record saying this) they know it's not hurting anyone. There's no serious competitive element to this game so why hurt someone's personal experiences with the game? Why tamper with it, what do you get out of ruining someone else's experience when it doesn't make yours any better either?

It's also a side-effect of the loot system they chose to use, as jaundicejuice has mentioned above. So they can't really blame players for their own shortsightedness.

It was popular in the first game and I'm pretty sure that Gearbox chose to keep it in the second so I wouldn't hold your breath about a change. Who's it hurting anyway? It's not like it's competitive multiplayer.

Mangotron

Because in this game it's a victimless crime, you're literally only denying yourself replay value.(if you look at it that way). There's no pvp (really) and no real marketplace.

Lima

I could get a good gun in a couple seconds or could waste hours of my precious free time farming the weapons.

Yeah I know which option I'll pick.

Duping sucks but I only play this game with my friends so not playing with randoms who kill bosses in only a few shots.

Finished the main quests today on normal, rather cool story but I felt that the ending was a little lacking, nice opening to borderlands 3 though if they follow on.

On vault hunter mode now, it really is like playing from scratch again, all those weapons which were good in normal now feel like scrap metal heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom