• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W Hudson

In co-op, do I want to try and make sure that I play as a character with a similar EXP level as my friends? I was worried that if I play with a level 28 guy and my friend only has his guy as a level 15, it would be way too easy for me (and I wouldn't get any EXP) if we did a lower level mission and way too hard for him if we did a higher level mission.

Is the general consensus around the DLC that it's worth it?

Not having played any of the BL1 DLC I have no frame of reference. Thinking of grabbing the season pass of DLC for $24 at GMG with a pre-purchase if the thought is that it'll be good

marrec

Banned
Is the general consensus around the DLC that it's worth it?

Not having played any of the BL1 DLC I have no frame of reference. Thinking of grabbing the season pass of DLC for $24 at GMG with a pre-purchase if the thought is that it'll be good
My general consensus is that the DLC was not worth it, Knoxx and Zombie Island were both perfectly enjoyable, but not exactly worth the money. The other 2 I didn't even enjoy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
price varies on how many skills you have so far but it won't be something you will regret later.

Good. I've been playing with the build calculator for the past few days and have some ideas, but I'm not sure how it will play. This makes me happy, ha. Thanks. :)

E: So this means I'll be able to "readily" go between a solo and a co-op build, yes? There are some excellent team skills for Maya, but they would be less useful solo...

Respecing was key in the first game. I played Mordecai both times and I start a play through with emphasis on Bloodwing then as I progress in the game sniper and pistol became important. Bloodwing was reduced to a stun bird and nothing more. The enjoyment of leveling would have been severely limited without respecing. Best option ever.

lupinko

I didn't know I could use the GMG discount on the season pass, oh well, at least I saved on the game tho!

I also joined the SteamGaf group as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So question about Maya skill tree...There's a lot of skills that are labeled as "Kill Skills". Do the effects only trigger when I get the killing blow?

harrytang

game plans:

- playing pc from 12:01am est - 5am

going to try and post pics of my best loot in this thread before i head off to work.

sucks, but I have to work on tuesday to take a buddy of mine to best buy to pick up his xbox copy.

- play tuesday night co-op on xbox

- take all day wednesday off and split and time between pc and xbox.

Just beat BL1, ending was a bit of a let-down but very good game overall, looking forward to the sequel even more now.
Now I just need to pick a class, thinking about zer0, although I enjoyed playing siren in the first game. I'll have to experiment with the skill calculator a bit more.

abundant

So question about Maya skill tree...There's a lot of skills that are labeled as "Kill Skills". Do the effects only trigger when I get the killing blow?

Yes. Kill Skills only work after you kill someone. An Icon will appear near your XP Bar to signify that a Kill Skill is activated. Everyone has them btw.

Now I just need to pick a class, thinking about zer0, although I enjoyed playing siren in the first game. I'll have to experiment with the skill calculator a bit more.

Anyone who played as Lilith in BL1 will feel real comfortable with Zer0. Deception is basically the new Phasewalk, you can even get some health regen if you do the Cunning Tree.

game plans:

- playing pc from 12:01am est - 5am

going to try and post pics of my best loot in this thread before i head off to work.

sucks, but I have to work on tuesday to take a buddy of mine to best buy to pick up his xbox copy.

- play tuesday night co-op on xbox

- take all day wednesday off and split and time between pc and xbox.

i hope a legendary drops right in the beginning of the game. lol.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
This is my exact mouse w/ a BL2 skin on it!! I love it.

Git'chu one! I got mine from the community day event. It is pretty nice, though I have a spare g500 I'm using while my Cyborg R.A.T. 7 is being RMAed, so my brother is using the Borderlands 2 mouse.

I think it would have been funny for them to award a replica of their humping squirrels statue from their office as one of the raffle prizes.

I basically only use the MX500, so this is slightly different than the one I normally use, but close enough that I don't think it will bother me. Love my MX500, can't imagine using anything different. If this BL2 one was any kind of mouse but a Logitech I'd probably just keep it in the bag as a collector's item (if I'd have bothered to get it at all) but once I saw what kind of mouse it was I got excited.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
weapons color rarity stayed the same as in BL1 right?

Rarety.png

nel e nel

Good. I've been playing with the build calculator for the past few days and have some ideas, but I'm not sure how it will play. This makes me happy, ha. Thanks. :)

E: So this means I'll be able to "readily" go between a solo and a co-op build, yes? There are some excellent team skills for Maya, but they would be less useful solo...

I always had 2 separate characters going at any one time: 1 only for solo play, and 1 for co-op play.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My general consensus is that the DLC was not worth it, Knoxx and Zombie Island were both perfectly enjoyable, but not exactly worth the money. The other 2 I didn't even enjoy.

Whatever float your boat. I think first 3 dlc is pretty worth for my money, however Moxi isn't. It took a year for us to get our motivation back and beat moxi to 100% the game. However if they did much better with BL2 dlc (like way better contents than BL1 then I have no problem to purchase those dlc)

Just a few personal tips/notes before you embark on your final 24 hours!

I know lots of people want to play and just skip through the story as the story may not have been a huge role in the first game, but I highly encourage you listen to the dialogue. There isn't much mission text anymore and you won't need to sit there and read a page of text before going onto the next mission. That is all now presented to you in spoken dialogue. This brings up the new feature where you can move away from NPCs and they will pop up to your Echo box and continue on with what they are saying wherever you go, but make sure to listen, as the story is amazing. Anthony Burch, writer for Borderlands 2, knocked it out of the park. You guys will laugh as this is Borderlands and humor is always present in this universe but there are some very tense and serious moments as well.

So if you play co-op, take your time. It isn't a race and make sure to let your friends know that as well as some may attempt to speed through and interrupt dialogue with others as they run around hitting ever NPC. Don't let them :). The world is huge, explore all the nooks and crannies. The level design team did an amazing job in making sure to hide some fun things for you guys. Hit up all the side quests as you guys will get a freaking kick out of those.

Try to stay away from the spoilers on the internet. Make sure to enjoy it all and enjoy the moments you will experience.

Gearbox is the most passionate group of people I have ever worked with and I'm stoked that BL2 is finally coming out . We have barely scratched the surface with all the stuff we've shown to the press. You are in for a wild ride. Have fun :)

I assumed that it will be fully subtitled right?

Darkgran

Ugh..I wish I knew more about how the FOV will be on the console versions.

I read here that is was closer than the first one. I hope I can get some more info before I pull the trigger.

Green man gaming has a 20% off promotion going on that can be used on either the game to take another 20% off the already discounted price (making the total $38.40) or the season pass (making it $24). Thought some might like to know.

20% off code: GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY

I just reserved a 2nd copy so my fiancee and I can play co op, we loved the 1st one so im starting to get excited.

I have seen people say they have fixed a lot of what people didnt like about the 1st one, can someone please tell me like what? I remember we where not crazy about the save system, did that get changed? Backtracking? More variety to the environments? anything different about people with higher or lower rank joining you co op and do all your missions get saved even if you are not as far as host? I thought we had an issue with that in the 1st one but i could be wrong, we mostly just played with the 2 of us

Is it viable to jump between co-op and single player with the same character or should I make separate ones?
How are level differences between co-op characters handled? I remember my quest log got really messed up in the first game after jumping into a friends near-end game.

Gotchaye

Is it viable to jump between co-op and single player with the same character or should I make separate ones?
How are level differences between co-op characters handled? I remember my quest log got really messed up in the first game after jumping into a friends near-end game.
I think it's just as viable as in the first one.

They've supposedly fixed up the way the game treats quests that you don't have access to yet in your solo playthrough. You somehow get credit for them for when you eventually unlock them.

Cat Party

Which intrepid Gaffer is going to open the golden chest immediately to let us all know if there's more than one gun inside? If there's more than one, it would seem like opening it in co-op is the way to go.

Well, FUCK
I haven't pre-ordered anything in some times but I knew I wanted as much Borderlands 2 content so I put down 5 bux at BestBuy. However I can't find the damned receipt anywhere, just the other paper that was in the bag. Am I screwed if I can't find it? It's not like they have a pre-order database like GS right?

I enjoyed BL1 a great deal when I first got it, but by the end I was sick of it and disappointed. I thought the first DLC was crap so I bowed out. The rest of the content seems like it was good/much better and I like what I see from 2 so I'm back on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom