• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Randomly for those talking about PC versus console sales, here's part one's first month of sales:

BORDERLANDS (360) 418,000
BORDERLANDS (PS3) 113,000
BORDERLANDS (PC) 15,000 (retail)

Huh. Didn't know this. Weird.

There's currently 75k people playing at once on Steam. Developers have stated you usually have to multiply whatever your (max) concurrent number is by 10 to get an idea how much you sold.

Xyber

Got PhysX to work on my computer now, just had to download the installer. So far I'm getting 60fps with physics on high with some small stuff happening. Have to see if that will still be the case when more shit explodes everywhere.

Edit: 6950 and i5 2500k @4,6GHz

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This sucker right here:
AK-74u_Red_Dot_Sight_CoD4.png

Just goes to show how a guns 'feel' can outclass its stats. It's way worse than the ridiculous orange gun they give you at the start, but I can't say no to that red dot aiming!

Ah yeah thats not a Russian made optic. Not sure if its the original design, but the one I had was made by Barska a company in Cali. I didnt use it much so gave it to my uncle instead that still does work that involves firearms on occasion and a lightweight simple to use optic is always appreciated.

Do believe they had something similar attached onto one of the guns in the first borderlands also. :D

http://www.barska.com/Electro_Sight_Scopes-Multi-Reticle_Electro_Sight_by_Barska.html

I'm in Aus, VPN works a treat.

Playing at 2560x1440, max settings at 60fps on a 670. Looks and runs amazing

Btw got any info for a fellow gaffer who needs some help with getting a VPN up and running proper?

Squall516

Anyone in the US playing on the 360? I am, so if anyone wants to do some co-op just send me a msg my gamertag is Kakashi516 have fun and good looting everyone ^__^

Razek

Banned
Ah yeah thats not a Russian made optic. Not sure if its the original design, but the one I had was made by Barska a company in Cali. I didnt use it much so gave it to my uncle instead that still does work with firearms and a lightweight simple to use optic is always appreciated.

Do believe they had something similar attached onto one of the guns in the first borderlands also.

http://www.barska.com/Electro_Sight_Scopes-Multi-Reticle_Electro_Sight_by_Barska.html

Btw got any info for a fellow gaffer who needs some help with getting a VPN up and running proper?

They had one close but it didn't have the actual glass portion. All the regular scopes were full screen zoom in only.

mephixto

Banned
Seems that SLI is a bit bugged, getting 100~120fps on 2 GTX 680 with bot gpu's at ~60% load, the weird thing is that showing the Steam ovelay it goes up to 80% load and ~200fps

HoosTrax

There's currently 75k people playing at once on Steam. Developers have stated you usually have to multiply whatever your (max) concurrent number is by 10 to get an idea how much you sold.
Still early in the game, and it's hard to extrapolate from the current numbers.

Just as an example:
23 out of 78 people on my friends list own BL2
9 out of those 23 have actually played it so far
3 out of those 9 are in-game at this moment

Reason I say it's hard to extrapolate at this point is that the EU is still region-locked I think? And it's early am in the US (or almost midnight if you're west coast).

TheExodu5

Banned
Kudos Gearbox. Great port. Also, kudos on the awesome feel of the weapons. Huge improvements from BL1.

Seems that SLI is a bit bugged, getting 100~120fps on 2 GTX 680 with bot gpu's at ~60% load, the weird thing is that showing the Steam ovelay it goes up to 80% load and ~200fps

That's not necessarily an issue. You may be CPU limited when the overlay is off. The game pauses when you bring up the overlay, which would decrease CPU load.

kami_sama

Well, after playing ~1 hour, I have to say that I love the game. But alas, I won't be playing anymore until Friday. This hour has quenched my thirst for the game a little.

harrytang

Loving this game. Loving the loot. Can't stop taking screen shoots of my guns in inspector. The Jakob's revolvers feel so fucking good that I'm skipping my Maliwan 26x2 pistol. Physx on high and the effect are amazing. 120 fps 120 hz monitor. Fucking glorious. The wait was worth it.

Carm

So what's going on with the Premiere Club preorder stuff? It's listed in the DLC tab in Steam and in game but it's listed as not downloaded in game. Are we suppose to get get these things immediately in game or in the first town?

jediyoshi

Good lord the physx effects when using phaselock, so good. Get a big performance hit on high (5770), medium seems alright so far.

So what's going on with the Premiere Club preorder stuff? It's listed in the DLC tab in Steam and in game but it's listed as not downloaded in game. Are we suppose to get get these things immediately in game or in the first town?

Yeah, anyone have any idea about the premiere club stuff?

rbanke

So, I pre-ordered the vault hunters edition but also bought a 680 GTX which came with a free code. I figured I'd use the code so I could play at midnight and sell the code that comes with the special edition & keep the rest of the package. But it seems the version I got from NVIDIA doesn't come with the premiere club stuff. My buddy bought the amazon download version and only got the one code, which DID give him the premiere stuff. I'm wondering since the vault hunters edition is a hard copy, will amazon email me a separate premiere club code? How else would steam know the vault hunter edition I bought is a preorder?

I'm hoping it's not tied to the game code in the box because that would mean I screwed myself out of the premiere stuff.

Sullen

Where do you customize an existing character in game? I keep unlocking new stuff but don't know how to change the character I already made.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Got a good hour and a half in. Fun game. Runs very slow on my aging graphics card, but netcode seemed pretty good in 4 player online coop. Can't wait to tinker with things tomorrow.

Dizzy-4U

Holy mother of God. Phaselocking with PhysX on high is a thing to witness. Bazillion craps flying all over the place (that's a physx thing, right? Never saw phaselocking like that on videos).

Razek

Banned
Got my first sniper. Wow, it feels so good. I think that is what I'm going to run as my main.

I know it's early, but man, I think this might be my favorite game ever. Borderlands was already in my top 5. This tops the first by so much. As long as nothing awful happens, I see this being my game of forever. I haven't had this much joy and fun with a game in a very very long time.

Edit: And this is just the single player. Can't wait to play with buddies this weekend.

iNvid02

the intro was great, thats one thing that usually tends to sticks with me.

i've laughed out loud on several occasions already, dialogue is genuinely hilarious so far

looking really good, at a crossroads now where i can choose a shotgun or sniper, rethinking everything now

jediyoshi

Physx with an AMD card would have be offloaded onto the CPU, right? GPU power shouldn't make a difference in that case.

If the only metric we're taking into account is frame rate, then I'd imagine something in the 7000 series ultimate does better than something in the 4000 series.

After about 20 reviews, 360 version sitting at 90 percent. Not bad. Wish I had the game now instead of sitting around reading impressions, though.

I am having a bad time aiming at enemies in this game. I've been playing lots of Black Mesa recently, and the reticule in this game is obviously suited for consoles. Maybe it should just play it with a controller and BPM.

Ceebs

I am having a bad time aiming at enemies in this game. I've been playing lots of Black Mesa recently, and the reticule in this game is obviously suited for consoles. Maybe it should just play it with a controller and BPM.

I can't hit shit either for some reason.

Razek

Banned
the intro was great, thats one thing that usually tends to sticks with me.

i've laughed out loud on several occasions already, dialogue is genuinely hilarious so far

looking really good, at a crossroads now where i can choose a shotgun or sniper, rethinking everything now

I picked sniper. I'm satisfied!

plc268

I tried playing in 3D mode on the PC, but something seems off, and the subtitles are borked in 3d.

This is with nvidia 3d vision.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Valve pushed an update for .Net. Let us know if that helps.
Adam I just wanna say. I LOVE this game. Please team the guys at GB (and your self ) that they have made something amazing. I only played for 2 hours but now I can't sleep, thinking about tomorrow. Every gun looks and feels different. I love it. Ty.

Also do you know what happened to the golden guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom