• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how none of the guns look the same. I love how elemental guns have been nerfed, so now when you have a flame gun or an explosive shotgun, you do serious damage whenever you hit - if you can hit.

I love how the returning characters don't feel forced, but rather, within the context of BL2's story, it makes sense why they are all where they are.

Speaking of story, whereas BL1 has a decent but cookie-cutter connect-the-dots one, BL2 has a full fledged story.

Handsome Jack has, besides Claptrap (whose personality has been expanded upon greatly), got to be the best character in the game. His dialogue reminds me of General Knoxx's passive aggressive "I don't give a fuck" banter, and unlike Steele, he's sadistic as shit. He'll go on and on about how you've ruined his day and how his men will kill you, but then, out of nowhere, he just does something so utterly horrific that you're left wondering if you are indeed playing the comedy-action game of Borderlands 2. One of Launch Party's members gave out a huge "SHIT", and we thought he was talking to us because we didn't expect such a visceral reaction from the game.

The new menu's and GUI take some getting used to, but only because they are so very different from BL1.

Now that they actually have a style they are using, BL2's animation looks really good. It's very crisp and very smooth.

I'm going to continue playing the shit out of this tomorrow.

(Oh, and Badass Points - they surprsingly don't break the game, since they only go up 1% each time)

jrcbandit

So I take it there is no way to force PhysX to truly use your CPU (have Ivy Bridge at 4.5 ghz)? ;p The game slows way down with it on medium since I don't have Nvidia hardware, and my CPU is only being used at 50% capacity, 60% at most. I assume Nvidia makes PhysX not really use your CPU much to result in crappy FPS on AMD hardware. Also, the liquidy blood is kinda distracting, it doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the graphics.

lol are you sure it's working... because I'm about 100% sure it's apparent to anyone with eyes. =)

Don't you see tons of debris when you shoot around and clothing tear and flow?

jlFsCODQFUjLE.jpg

I know I set it to very high but haven't seen it. I thought maybe it didn't take, but already had a coop game going and didn't feel like restarting. Tomorrow is another day. Can't wait to see physX in action. I loved its implementation in Batman:AC.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Got a Golden Key for signing up to the Shift Code thing. Just an fyi.

Fell asleep at midnight so just now starting the game. smh.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Hi guys. Great game so far! My friend and I are on PC and we're about 2 or 3 hours in. We're having a mission problem though, and think it could be a glitch....

The mission is "Bad Hair Day". We collected all of the required Bullymong Fur in Southern Shelf and would like to return them to Hammerlock. We then returned to where we first met Hammerlock in Southern Shelf, neither he nor the Claptrap is there.

In fact, there is not even a quest diamond flashing on the screen indicating exactly where the quest return spot is. We have been looking for Hammerlock for a while and he's simply disappeared. Can anyone tell us where he is or where we're supposed to go to find either him or the claptracp so we can turn this stupid quest in?

Got a Golden Key for signing up to the Shift Code thing. Just an fyi.

Fell asleep at midnight so just now starting the game. smh.

I signed up for the Shift thing but the never got a code back to enter? I tried my serial from GMG but that was invalid too?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I signed up for the Shift thing but the never got a code back to enter? I tried my serial from GMG butt hat was invalid too?

Yeah I never actually received a code to enter in-game. I just clicked the confirmation email, then filled out my profile on the website. Next time I started the game and went into the Shift thing, it said I earned a key for signing up.

jediyoshi

I signed up for the Shift thing but the never got a code back to enter? I tried my serial from GMG butt hat was invalid too?

Any keys you get from GMG only ever go straight into Steam. For Shift though, all it should require is you clicking the confirmation link in the email and the game will pick it up eventually, no code needed.

Hi guys. Great game so far! My friend and I are on PC and we're about 2 or 3 hours in. We're having a mission problem though, and think it could be a glitch....

The mission is "Bad Hair Day". We collected all of the required Bullymong Fur in Southern Shelf and would like to return them to Hammerlock. We then returned to where we first met Hammerlock in Southern Shelf, neither he nor the Claptrap is there.

In fact, there is not even a quest diamond flashing on the screen indicating exactly where the quest return spot is. We have been looking for Hammerlock for a while and he's simply disappeared. Can anyone tell us where he is or where we're supposed to go to find either him or the claptracp so we can turn this stupid quest in?
They move to Sanctuary the moment you get there.

Sev02

Banned
I have this really weird problem where my fps will drop to about 35 or 40 in a new zone, but when i turn off ambient occlusion and turn it back on my fps literally goes back to 60....but anyway goty for me

TheYanger

So...what's the deal with the DLC? I 'own' it, but in game it says it's not downloaded, out of game steam just says all my DLC auto downloads. What exactly are we supposed to do? (Yes I realize many have issues with the DLC, but I didn't see a solid answer to this particular problem).

Orayn

The first audio log quest...
It didn't just tug at my heartstrings, it drew them like a bow, nocked with an arrow of vengeance meant for Handsome Jack.
My God.

wsippel

Banned
So...what's the deal with the DLC? I 'own' it, but in game it says it's not downloaded, out of game steam just says all my DLC auto downloads. What exactly are we supposed to do? (Yes I realize many have issues with the DLC, but I didn't see a solid answer to this particular problem).
Gearbox is looking into it. That's all they said.

Dizzy-4U

Played for 6 hours. It's fantastic. I loved every minute of it so far. Really digging this Jack character...

Time to go to bed, I have to go to work in 4 hours.

Buy game to play with friend that wanted you to get it so you two could play > see he's playing with three of your friends > won't reply to your messages.

Fuck you, pal.

Marcel

How much improved is the UI in B2? I really disliked picking up the whole party's unfinished quests in my quest log if I decided to play with random people. It was my only real beef with the first game and a couple of the reviews I read only give the vague 'it's better' or 'improved' line.

I've not had a chance to test that out yet as I've been playing alone ( :'( )

I'm not liking the new UI/menus at the minute, just feels slower than the first. Maybe I need to get used to it instead.

CiSTM

Banned
Does Borderlands 2 still have challenges? I actually had good time trying to finish them even tho there wasn't benefits for it.

Definity

Thinking about just returning my xbox copy when it gets here and play the PC version now. Built a PC just a few months ago and it seems they did a good job with that version this time around, right? Big picture mode and controller support means I can engage "comfy couch" mode with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom