• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiller

Someone who used a VPN to unlock : does it relock after restarting steam without VPN?

I believe so, yes. What you can do is unlock it via VPN. Play it once, quit, then boot Steam up in offline mode and disable the VPN. That way it won't relock and I can play it (singleplayer) until it launches in my region.

It also should work if you use a VPN to unlock it and then while playing the game ALT Tab out and disable the VPN and you're then free to play online. It will relock next time you go to play or restart Steam though I believe.

Log4Girlz

They've said on the official forums they're aware it's not unlocking on PC yet and are looking into what the problem is.

The amount of people kicking off saying launch was a joke and that they should get some sort of compensation for not getting the starting weapons/relic....

Cannot wait for 5.30pm GMT (3 and a half hours) then I'm VPN'ing the shit out of this and spending all night playing :D

Fucking lovely :/

CoilShot

They've said on the official forums they're aware it's not unlocking on PC yet and are looking into what the problem is.

The amount of people kicking off saying launch was a joke and that they should get some sort of compensation for not getting the starting weapons/relic....

Cannot wait for 5.30pm GMT (3 and a half hours) then I'm VPN'ing the shit out of this and spending all night playing :D

Wow people these days

Rogosh

I bought the game off of Amazon.com, when do I get the code for the premier club? They usually email after the fact but I didn't see anything come through yet.

I'm having the same problem after ordering from best buy. They had a disclaimer on their site saying they would be sending it via email on or around the release date. I would just make sure you keep your receipts and give it a bit of time.

fernoca

Hmm..is it a good time to play the first game?
I can't buy this one right now; but can download the first one on PlayStation Plus "free". I've always liked the look of it, and heard great things from all the friends that played it.

Or just wait and play the second one? :p

Freki

Are your characters saved offline?

I have the game unlocked and put steam to offline mode - can't get online until the 21st. Therefor I'd like to know if I "waste" my time playing offline.

derFeef

I can't buy this one right now; but can download the first one on PlayStation Plus "free". I've always liked the look of it, and heard great things from all the firends that played it.

I would wait and play the second one, but it's a good chance to try the formula and if you like it. Free is free :)

I can't buy this one right now; but can download the first one on PlayStation Plus "free". I've always liked the look of it, and heard great things from all the firends that played it.

I'd say at this point after playing 4 hours the first isn't really worth your time anymore. This one is the same game, but way better.

Zzoram

I'd say just wait so familiarity doesn't detract from your experience with BL2.

Orayn

Definitely worth a try, especially if you have someone to do splitscreen or online co-op with. If you find the basic premise of Diablo with guns even remotely entertaining, you should lock in your purchase of BL2, which improves on just about everything.

I managed to find a great shotgun and have been doing the shotgun ninja thing with Zer0. It take while to learn the right rhythm, but once you do its fantastic. I really hope there are bladed shotguns floating around so far I've seen bladed weapons of every type except shotguns and rocket launchers.

I love, love! Maya's phaselock, and I only have like two skill points spent so far, haha. Phaselock with a scoped weapon is tasty.

Phaselock some enemy, world looks like it is collapsing around it, debris everywhere (yay physx), line up the head shot, a lovely explosion of CRITICAL and health orbs blasting around and the sad corpse collapsing back to the ground. The combat is so satisfying and all of the new graphics and effects really add the the bedlam.

Second, the Badass system is a great addition. It adds a nice reward mechanism to those moments in between leveling and getting killer loot. Such a better system than the original gun leveling.

fernoca

I would wait and play the second one, but it's a good chance to try the formula and if you like it. Free is free :)

I'd say at this point after playing 4 hours the first isn't really worth your time anymore. This one is the same game, but way better.

Definitely worth a try, especially if you have someone to do splitscreen or online co-op with. If you find the basic premise of Diablo with guns even remotely entertaining, you should lock in your purchase of BL2, which improves on just about everything.
Alright, thanks. ;)
Will leave it downloading as I leave to work. Will use it as a demo of sorts for the sequel; since it's "free". :p

Megasoum

Banned
So I get that we receive an extra golden key if we sign up for the Shift thing....but does anyone actually know what is Shift? lol. What's that for?

Aurongel

Anyone know how to get the sprint function to not be so... sticky? It seems like every time I go into a sprint my character doesn't want to stop running, I have to completely stop moving for him to drop out of it. I also wish your mouse aim slowed down a bit when you're aiming down the irons but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

Aesthet1c

Ars claims that the main downside to BL2 is that the Siren and Soldier were changed for the worse. Anyone here playing those classes who played those classes in BL1 agree with that assessment?

I'm only a few hours in but I love the new Siren. I think her phase lock is way cooler than her phase shift that she had in BL1.

Unless they are talking about end game skill tree stuff, I would have to completely disagree with Ars.

Baconmonk

Any AMD peeps getting rather poor framerates? Got a 6850 and at 1080p with stuff on medium, it struggles to ever reach 60FPS.

What's the rest of your rig look like? I have
athlon II 645 3.1ghz (quad core)
4 gb ram
ati 6950

I'm getting 60 in most areas. Only during a tense firefight when I look across a vast expanse does it ever dip below, and even then not by much. I have a below average western digital "green" hard drive so that isn't likely a factor either. Do you have the latest drivers?

Any AMD peeps getting rather poor framerates? Got a 6850 and at 1080p with stuff on medium, it struggles to ever reach 60FPS.

I have a 6870 and a 1st gen Core i5 with 4 gigs of ram w/Dual monitors, game is running in 1920x1080 and I have everything cranked up and it runs super smooth.

I didn't check my FPS but I haven't had any dips at all..... Although the 6870 is a bit beefier than the 6850.

I'm pretty certain I have the most updated drivers as well, so I'm sure that probably helps.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
UPS hasn't brought me my copy yet. :(

Is the intro song this time around really the intro song from Strikeback? If so that's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom