• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thumbing through the thread now. So many glowing impressions. So many good reviews. I cannot wait to start this up for the first time later today.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love this game so hard. I completed all the side quests in the first main area, and just arrived at Sanctuary. Halfway through level 8 on my commando. I wanna play some co-op with y'all tomorrow!

newsguy

I had so much fun playing sniper class in the original (my bird was so badass). I'm torn about playing the same class again. I know I'll enjoy it but I want to experience variety.

anddo0

PC

Three issues so far:

1- My FOV slider is missing. It was there the first time I booted the game. Now it's nowhere to be seen.

2- I click on "Gameplay" options and nothing is there?

3- The game crashes every time I save/quit.

Geoff9920

PC

Three issues so far:

1- My FOV slider is missing. It was there the first time I booted the game. Now it's nowhere to be seen.

Maybe try verifying the game cache?

marrec

Banned
I was somehow able to get a few minutes of gameplay in this morning before work. So far my impressions are overwhelmingly positive. 20 minutes in and the differences between this and BL1 are astounding.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Glad to hear the great impressions, but I expected Gearbox to deliver an awesome sequel. Can't wait to pick my copy up tomorrow night.

ttocs

This is going to be a long day at work. Decided to take tomorrow off instead of today since my game is coming from Amazon and they don't delivery to my house until around 7pm. So, I'll be spending my day watching videos and reviews and vicariously living through those who already got the game.

marrec

Banned
This is going to be a long day at work. Decided to take tomorrow off instead of today since my game is coming from Amazon and they don't delivery to my house until around 7pm. So, I'll be spending my day watching videos and reviews and vicariously living through those who already got the game.

I got to play 20 minutes before work.

It was the best 20 minutes I've ever spent before work.

Except for that one time.

Zzoram

Ars claims that the main downside to BL2 is that the Siren and Soldier were changed for the worse. Anyone here playing those classes who played those classes in BL1 agree with that assessment?

alba

Little is the new Big
Anyone having problems accessing their premiere club preorder bonus stuff? I can't seem to access mine.

DLC showed up in my steam account but they're not in my inventory or anything, anything special/required we have to do to get them?

Log4Girlz

Having an issue with the premiere club stuff. Says I have it purchased but not downloaded...there's no option to download anywhere :/

ttocs

I bought the game off of Amazon.com, when do I get the code for the premier club? They usually email after the fact but I didn't see anything come through yet.

Nekuru

PC

Three issues so far:

Exact same problem. And I cannot find the inverse Y axis option for the game pad.

injurai

Banned
Ars claims that the main downside to BL2 is that the Siren and Soldier were changed for the worse. Anyone here playing those classes who played those classes in BL1 agree with that assessment?

Thats disappointing. Lilith was by far my favorite character in BL1.

Anyone else getting texture draw in for all ammo and loot on PC? Running it on max settings easily but all crates opened have a blurry texture for loot that draws to higher res with a little delay.

Orayn

Anyone else getting texture draw in for all ammo and loot on PC? Running it on max settings easily but all crates opened have a blurry texture for loot that draws to higher res with a little delay.

That's just Unreal 3 being Unreal 3. It's probably something they could tweak in a patch, though.

InertiaXr

Yeah, it looks terrible. I don't remember that in the 1st game, hopefully they can fix it in a patch.

RoeBear

I'm probably the only one that bought it at Best Buy, for ps3 no less, but did anyone get the premier code printed on their receipt. I'm a little worried as the money I put on it for preorder is listed as a return on the receipt, which makes me think that it won't count as preorder. They should email it to me right?

Yeah, it looks terrible. I don't remember that in the 1st game, hopefully they can fix it in a patch.

OK, thanks for verifying that it isn't just me.

This game is fucking fantastic btw. Everything is so much cleaner, polished, tighter. I wasn't expecting the general flow to feel that different but it really does. The gun sfx and design are wonderful. Very satisfying to shoot.

MajorPain

It is going to be a long day at work. Won't be home until 5pm Chicago time that is a long time when you are waiting for a game like Borderlands 2. Hopefully amazon did not screw up my order this time.

Luthos

Yes, there are loads and they have benefits.

I love that they actually show have progress reports of it that tell me what it actually is.

I remember in BL1 I would finish a challenge, and I couldn't tell what I actually did because of the vague name. This time it'll actually show "Kill enemies at night: 10/25" or something. Quite helpful.

Ok, maybe I'm daft - but when using mouse+kb, how do you switch between tabs in the menus? ie going from map to skills, or when at a vendor swapping between buy/sell?

left/right doesn't work - pretty sure I've tried every key on my keyboard, and I've resorted to using my controller to navigate menus, but mouse+kb for everything else :|

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Is there a solution to no split-screen co-op on PC? Only thing holding me back from purchasing the game on Steam right now.

JChalmers

Neo Member
Good question. Has anyone on PC gotten premiere club yet?

They've said on the official forums they're aware it's not unlocking on PC yet and are looking into what the problem is.

The amount of people kicking off saying launch was a joke and that they should get some sort of compensation for not getting the starting weapons/relic....

Cannot wait for 5.30pm GMT (3 and a half hours) then I'm VPN'ing the shit out of this and spending all night playing :D

marrec

Banned
They've said on the official forums they're aware it's not unlocking on PC yet and are looking into what the problem is.

The amount of people kicking off saying launch was a joke and that they should get some sort of compensation for not getting the starting weapons/relic....

Cannot wait for 5.30pm GMT (3 and a half hours) then I'm VPN'ing the shit out of this and spending all night playing :D

I swear the fucking kids on the internet these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom