• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tv_jeremy_kyle_1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNAGm5Wpx0

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Are we still gonna do the britgaf mixtape share project thing?

I want to make some artwork and share twee songs about suicide and murder!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm down for it.

Jed, organise!!

Organise? You mean herd you bunch of crazy cats in a single diraction? Fuck that, do I look like Musha?? :p

I'm still up for making some mixy goodness. My suggestion is to go right ahead, first person to post it gets the ball rolling and all that. Stick em up on Dropboxes etc, post links either here or in the whatsapp if folks are scared of the feds. Special points will be given to those that can properly format their MP3s.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh man, Notts lass and I have been playing that game coop and every once in awhile her player camera will desync and she'll have to use her character on my screen. Fun game, but holy shit at some of the bugs. xD

I'm up for some co op on this if anyone fancies it...Emma refuses to play any game that isn't Lego-related. :'(

Oh man, Notts lass and I have been playing that game coop and every once in awhile her player camera will desync and she'll have to use her character on my screen. Fun game, but holy shit at some of the bugs. xD

The bugs and loading times are shocking for a PS4 game. I played it for 5 mins when I first got it with Plus, shrugged and gave up on it.

Then two weeks later, I realise I'm humming the music to it! Went back and gave it a second chance.

I'm up for some co op on this if anyone fancies it...Emma refuses to play any game that isn't Lego-related. :'(

I could be up for some co-op tonight / tomorrow. My ID's QuicheFontaine.

I'm pretty crap at it though.

8bit

Knows the Score
Organise? You mean herd you bunch of crazy cats in a single diraction? Fuck that, do I look like Musha?? :p

I'm still up for making some mixy goodness. My suggestion is to go right ahead, first person to post it gets the ball rolling and all that. Stick em up on Dropboxes etc, post links either here or in the whatsapp if folks are scared of the feds. Special points will be given to those that can properly format their MP3s.

Wait, I've just ordered a bunch of C90s from ebay!

I am planning to make an actual mixtape with 7" singles at some point, but just as a cathartic afternoon and not necessarily for this.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wait, I've just ordered a bunch of C90s from ebay!

I am planning to make an actual mixtape with 7" singles at some point, but just as a cathartic afternoon and not necessarily for this.

That sounds fun. Now I finally have a record player I need to rip the couple of records that I actually have so I can listen to them in all their poppy glory. I'm a new vinyl convert, love it.

Anyway what I actually came in this thread to kvetch about - I wish I was smarter! I'm doing this job at work, it's an annual job (well, thrice annual, but this is the biggie) whereby I have to take all the pupils and their exams (around 5000 lines of a spreadsheet) and then break it down into a couple of hundred smaller sheets (each representing an exam venue and a day/time), before splitting each new sheet and filtering it by two sets of numbers. One set of numbers will give me data that I can use to make place labels. The other set of data will then be used to fill in seating plans.

It's a good system and it's a lot more efficient than I've ever worked it before but daaaaamn I know full well that if I was cleverer I could write a program that could do all of this with the press of a button. But I have no idea how to break down such a complex task and even less of an idea of the words/syntax to use to make a computer do this.

Hmph. Back to CTRL+C alt-tab CTRL+V, CTRL+S type type type alt-tab for me.

8bit

Knows the Score
That sounds fun. Now I finally have a record player I need to rip the couple of records that I actually have so I can listen to them in all their poppy glory. I'm a new vinyl convert, love it.

Anyway what I actually came in this thread to kvetch about - I wish I was smarter! I'm doing this job at work, it's an annual job (well, thrice annual, but this is the biggie) whereby I have to take all the pupils and their exams (around 5000 lines of a spreadsheet) and then break it down into a couple of hundred smaller sheets (each representing an exam venue and a day/time), before splitting each new sheet and filtering it by two sets of numbers. One set of numbers will give me data that I can use to make place labels. The other set of data will then be used to fill in seating plans.

It's a good system and it's a lot more efficient than I've ever worked it before but daaaaamn I know full well that if I was cleverer I could write a program that could do all of this with the press of a button. But I have no idea how to break down such a complex task and even less of an idea of the words/syntax to use to make a computer do this.

Hmph. Back to CTRL+C alt-tab CTRL+V, CTRL+S type type type alt-tab for me.

Excel macros are a good place to start, look into recording and replaying a macro (especially if you're working with fairly flat data) then look into the code generated by it.

What you've described above isn't far from an algorithm and you could probably figure out enough pseudocode to describe what you need, and you're halfway there.

Mercenary Kings is fun. I like the hub design between missions and how early missions see you rescuing people who can help you with things at camp. The weapon customisation is pretty neat as well although some designs definitely seem more useful than others. I built a rifle that does 600 DMG per shot with armour piercing rounds and extreme range. Which basically mean I can fire a bullet and it will go through almost any solid surface and through enemies off screen.

I have more fun with the machinenguns though, even if you are slow. If you don't move when shooting they slowly push you back. I realised last night that if you jump through the air and shoot down the same effect will slow your descent.

I have no idea how co-op works but I'd be willing to give it a go.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think you can do 3 player? I watched some livestreams yesterday - that's what made me curious, it looked like fun. Quiet day today (as is prob obvs from spamming WhatsApp) so I'll prob be online about 8ish maybe? Have no idea what to do though. Other than the jumping felt a bit wonky.

I think you can do 3 player? I watched some livestreams yesterday - that's what made me curious, it looked like fun. Quiet day today (as is prob obvs from spamming WhatsApp) so I'll prob be online about 8ish maybe? Have no idea what to do though. Other than the jumping felt a bit wonky.

You can do 4 players.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You're not using Access to do that? It's for that sort of stuff.

I've never used access before at all. Can it do mailmergy stuff from in it fairly easily? I basically just want to generate about 300 new Excel sheets from my dataset, all of which conform to a set of hard rules. I guess I should plan it all out as a flowchart or something and ask my IT buddies for a hand.

Mistel

Banned
I've never used access before at all. Can it do mailmergy stuff from in it fairly easily? I basically just want to generate about 300 new Excel sheets from my dataset, all of which conform to a set of hard rules. I guess I should plan it all out as a flowchart or something and ask my IT buddies for a hand.
It's a database management system and yes you can mail merge with it once you know what your doing you should be able to filter everything to meet your requirements with ease. It's more efficient than excel will be.

NinjaBoiX

There's nowt to organise! Make it, figure out how to edit ID3 tags, post it, profit!
Oh right, I thought this was a collaborative BritGAF mixtape of some sort.

*googles "edit ID3 tags"*

kf8qUkS.jpg

Edit: reading the Wiki, "batch tagging", "puddletagging", sounds like some sort of euphemism for water sports.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Just returned from a ten day adventure to my hometown, didn't cry before I left or on the train home which was an accomplishment but I'm feeling shit now I'm home

hold me guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom