• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superman

Aww bless you. Where do you live?

And yeah, normally I have no issues going anywhere in London at any time by myself. But slightly drunk walking through E17 last night/this morning was the most scared I've been for a long time. I was carrying my shoes, and when I had to go through the subways at the Waterworks roundabout I held one of my shoes so I was ready to attack with the heel if necessary!

This is what happens when I drink. My decision to brake dry January last night cost me.

No problem :)

I would of come from Benfleet. About an hour and a bit away (I know you would of had waiting around to do, but still). I haven't been around there in years actually. Near the ice rink ain't it... Last time I went there was in 2007 with my college buddies. Time flies! To be honest I would be pretty scared as well walking around there slightly drunk too... I applaud your courage!

Good Morning! Late to the party as usual, hope everyone's well.

When is your birthday: 30th June
Where do you live: Nottingham
Where are you from: Oxford
What do you do: Teacher
What is your quest: Get to the start of maternity leave without killing a bitch
Favourite actor/actress: Tom Hiddleston
Favourite band/artist: Katy Perry
Favourite TV show: Buffy
Favourite crisps: T Bone Steak Roysters (duh)
Favourite biscuit: Penguin (does that count?)
Least favourite Pokémon: Refuse to answer, I got in trouble for poké-ignorance last time around.
Stalactites or stalagmites: 'mites
How do you cut your sandwiches: Triangles for Dave, rectangles for me.

Musha - just get pregnant and everyone will give you so much stuff, seriously. We've only needed to spend about £100 on Smoky Baby so far and we have everything we need. Plus, a breast-feeding chair doubles up as a handy gaming chair. :) Do it.

Mikeside

Least favourite Pokémon: Refuse to answer, I got in trouble for poké-ignorance last time around.

Musha - just get pregnant and everyone will give you so much stuff, seriously. We've only needed to spend about £100 on Smoky Baby so far and we have everything we need. Plus, a breast-feeding chair doubles up as a handy gaming chair. :) Do it.

Your ears must have been burning, Musha and I were just talking about missing you last night!

Welcome back

Rich!

Got someone looking at the fiesta I bought earlier, prepared to pay £600 for it

only cost me £450, so everything's coming up milhouse here.

also, I bought some mixed sushi from Tesco earlier, and it reminded me just how much I fucking hate duck. eurghghhghg

Your ears must have been burning, Musha and I were just talking about missing you last night!

Welcome back

Aw, you guise!

I'll be on more now that I've completely switched off at work. Only four weeks left and I'm trying to give a fuck but it's just not happening.

8bit

Knows the Score
Got someone looking at the fiesta I bought earlier, prepared to pay £600 for it

only cost me £450, so everything's coming up milhouse here.

also, I bought some mixed sushi from Tesco earlier, and it reminded me just how much I fucking hate duck. eurghghhghg

Wait, duck sushi?

Mikeside

Aw, you guise!

I'll be on more now that I've completely switched off at work. Only four weeks left and I'm trying to give a fuck but it's just not happening.

That's awesome, we'll be seeing your face a lot more in here? Four weeks is nothing, that'll fly by!

This is very good. Awesome. Have you had a baby shower? I hear those things can be great for gifts. I might have one when I get pregnant.

Aw, you guise!

Yay! This is great news. We'll be up to 3 regularly posting females, a record for BritGaf!

This is very good. Awesome. Have you had a baby shower? I hear those things can be great for gifts. I might have one when I get pregnant.

I haven't had one but only because the wedding was so recent, and it's baby-boom time in both families so tons of hand-me-downs abound. Otherwise I'd have needed to.

My sister and sister-in-law both had baby showers this year though and they were brill, highly recommended.

NB: Don't let your mum drink a whole bottle of wine and tell everyone really loudly about how your new Kipling bag is a fake from China and only cost £6.

Rich!

I've already posted it in the pickup thread, but I'm so fucking stoked right now and amazed at just how incredible this year is going so far, I'm posting it here too.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

First off, this isn't totally confirmed yet and I only found out today - but it's as good as, considering my Dad's credentials and experience. But if all goes as planned...this may be the greatest pick-up of all time:

1791821_19adedd0.jpg

Yep.

Basically, my dad's in the latter stages of getting a job at this country park as the groundskeeper. One of the perks is a live-in residence (two bedroom apartment) with no rent needed at the manor house. My dad already has a home. So.......

oh my god

he had better get this fucking job (he's had years of running a grounds maitenance firm, so he's experienced enough)

Rich!

You're having a house party, right?

Right!?

heh, hmmm

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up too much, but considering the very real chance of it happening (again, due to my dad's experience), I'm like all excited and shit

It just so happens to be pretty much my favourite location in the world too (the park itself)

Mr. Sam

Oh, this is where you lot are hiding. Get a full-time job and full out of the loop - ain't life a bitch? This must be the fifth one of these I've filled out:

When is your birthday: 25th February, making me exactly two months younger than Jesus. And several thousand years.
Where do you live: Bromley
Where are you from: Charlton
What do you do: Administrative enaction agent
What is your quest: To conquer the human heart
Favourite actor/actress: Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Favourite band/artist: The Arctic Monkeys (me and David Cameron)
Favourite TV show: The Simpsons
Favourite crisps: Chipsticks, salt and vinegar. You just can't find them anymore.
Favourite biscuit: Jammy Dodgers.
Least favourite Pokémon: That one that looks like a garbage bag.
Stalactites or stalagmites: Magnemite
How do you cut your sandwiches: Here, along the diagonal.

Hurrah.

I haven't had one but only because the wedding was so recent, and it's baby-boom time in both families so tons of hand-me-downs abound. Otherwise I'd have needed to.

My sister and sister-in-law both had baby showers this year though and they were brill, highly recommended.

NB: Don't let your mum drink a whole bottle of wine and tell everyone really loudly about how your new Kipling bag is a fake from China and only cost £6.

Hand me downs are great. I have a few friends who are pregnant know so I'm letting them know not to get rid of anything the baby grows out of.

Unfortunately no force on earth can stop my mother drinking, but luckily I don't own any fake labels. Or labels of any kind. She does however have a go at Andy for not proposing yet and letting me get tattoos.

I've already posted it in the pickup thread, but I'm so fucking stoked right now and amazed at just how incredible this year is going so far, I'm posting it here too.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

First off, this isn't totally confirmed yet and I only found out today - but it's as good as, considering my Dad's credentials and experience. But if all goes as planned...this may be the greatest pick-up of all time:

Yep.

Basically, my dad's in the latter stages of getting a job at this country park as the groundskeeper. One of the perks is a live-in residence (two bedroom apartment) with no rent needed at the manor house. My dad already has a home. So.......

oh my god

he had better get this fucking job (he's had years of running a grounds maitenance firm, so he's experienced enough)

What makes you think that you can live there, or am I reading it wrong?

afoni

Banned
My Dad's mum used to have the same sort of deal when he was a teenager. He apparently used to bring girls back to this enormous house with his mates.

jammy prick

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What venue? For what? That sounds pretty awesome. You gonna go for a dip?

It's called the Billabong, it's local. I'm doing a noise improv thing and I think some guy is doing performance art... He's cling filming tomatoes to his head. I wish I were joking.

I'll take photos.

SuperSah

Banned
Got to the point I need to reassess my future..

I don't think I'll ever hit Uni, I need an alternate route.

Legal Executive training after A-Level's strikes me, but not sure..

Rich!

Surely it's up to the employers? I think you've got ahead of yourself.

Well, more like my mum got ahead of herself. Had a discussion when I went round to help fit their new bathroom earlier and my dad clarified a few things.

Turns out a two bed residence is part of the employment contract (as night work is involved), but whether I'd be able to stay there instead of my dad is another matter. Who knows. It's definitely a possibility though - I was just essentially told it was a dead cert earlier lol

typical

Symphonia

Banned
Staying another night at the wenches place.

Watching Jurassic Park with a Chinese using plastic knives and forks. So goddamn civilised. I love it.

Staying another night at the wenches place.

Watching Jurassic Park with a Chinese using plastic knives and forks. So goddamn civilised. I love it.

That's my sort of night in!

Sat down and watched Elysium with wifey and half a chocolate orange.

I rather enjoyed it. It reminded me in many ways of District 9. Then, at the end, who should pop up as the director? Yep, the District 9 chap.

Wifey liked it too. Especially the extra bloody bits of faces getting blown off.

The chocolate orange didn't seem too impressed though. Snob.

Jordan

They're having problems, as I already mentioned, I'm here as the shoulder to cry on. He's not here, I am. Who's in her good books? That's right, me.

So, uses her boyfriend to escape from you, now uses you to escape from her boyfriend.

Sounds like you've got a real keeper there. Let us know in a few weeks when shit hits the fan and she's ran back to the boyfriend.

I'm sure DapperBandit will make up a lovely little adventure of CyanideStrike again - they're almost as entertaining as the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom