• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What's everyone's weekend plans?

Sounds like you have a nifty and social weekend ahead!

Me? Staying in with the wife and kid tonight then hitting ze xbox and a military grade "jazz cigarette" after they both hit the hay.

I got a gig with an noise improvisation group called The Black Light Brigade on Saturday night. No rehearsals, seat of the pants stuff, awfully noisy. Very arty farty, but I'm excited. It's been a while since I've done this sort of stuff and something weird always happens. The last time we did it, I met a man who was convinced he was God.

Sunday is time with the family and rehearsing in the afternoon with my main band (temporarily called: Bees! Bees! Millions of Bees!).

This is the busiest weekend I've had in an age.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Are biscuits a sign of partnerly affection?
We gotta talk about my SS gift dude

I told ya, you're reading too much into those biscuits! They were in the kitchen, I bunged em in. I didn't realise it meant we were partner bonded now. Where's my wagamamas, bitch?!

afoni

Banned
I told ya, you're reading too much into those biscuits! They were in the kitchen, I bunged em in. I didn't realise it meant we were partner bonded now. Where's my wagamamas, bitch?!
The bitch doesn't take you to Wagamamas, you take the bitch there.

Reknoc

Had to lock up at work today. Going to spend the weekend wondering if I forgot to do something or if I didn't set the alarm correctly. Pretty sure I didn't and it's not like like it's even worth breaking into... But I wouldn't put it past the people who live nearby, Beeston is a dodgy place.

decaf

wrvU178.jpg

Edit: In before any Patrick Bateman quotes.
Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even has a watermark.
--

Hey, anyone know a good place online or in London for professional/bespoke printing?

I got a quote from JellyPrint, and while it looks like they do a mighty good job, their minimum order is for ten copies of each paper. Which would cost me £85.

This is what I'm looking to get done:

Covering letter (one page) - monochrome printing, pale cream paper, slightly textured, 120gsm
CV (two pages) - first page monochrome, second page colour; pale cream paper, slightly textured, 120gsm
Writing sample (two pages) - full colour, ideally glossy "magazine-style" paper, 120gsm

Any ideas of places?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Had to lock up at work today. Going to spend the weekend wondering if I forgot to do something or if I didn't set the alarm correctly. Pretty sure I didn't and it's not like like it's even worth breaking into... But I wouldn't put it past the people who live nearby, Beeston is a dodgy place.

It really isn't, man. That said I did have a guy walk in the fire exit of my previous house(which had a dodgy lock apparently) in the middle of the day. When I saw him and said 'What the fuck' he said he'd come in the wrong house...

Cyanide, how do you function day-to-day with other people? You seem to jump on anything anybody says about you even when it is basically supportive. It really would be helpful if you tried to take yourself a little bit less seriously. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but it will help you in so many ways.

Marc

Nothing like a work day with bitchy little cunts nattering behind your back to bring you down eh...

They're only a friend, it's nothing more than that. I'm just shocked that someone saw through the facade.

Sounds like a good friend.

Yep, saving up to have a baby

They're actually Gibraltarian but live in London. Except Paul who's gone back to Gibraltar, hence quitting the band.

And yeah I do play guitar, but quite badly. I'm better on piano.

And thanks!

Wonderful, good luck although I was the same and if you plan things well the baby isn't nearly as expensive to start off as you would expect. Things like expensive prams are nice and all but you well be way better off getting the lightest one available which tend to be fairly cheap. Bulk buy the nappies, get a crib that converts into a bed... also my missus had a baby shower which helped out a lot in terms of clothes and things. If you have a decent sized family on both sides you well likely get more clothes and baby items than you know what to do with.

Ah ok, so they live on a rock somewhere... small world sometimes. :D

As for the guitar...

On top of that it's Friday, pay day, and my Rocksmith + guitar bundle should arrive today or tomorrow. :)

I got one a few months back and its the best purchase I have ever made. So much fun and learning a lot, but I could definitely use some lessons at least once a week but hard to find a teacher in my area. I stupidly went with the acoustic guitar bundle and my fingers hurt!!!! Worth it though.

Want to learn the piano one day too but sticking with the guitar for now.

Reknoc

It really isn't, man. That said I did have a guy walk in the fire exit of my previous house(which had a dodgy lock apparently) in the middle of the day. When I saw him and said 'What the fuck' he said he'd come in the wrong house...

Cyanide, how do you function day-to-day with other people? You seem to jump on anything anybody says about you even when it is basically supportive. It really would be helpful if you tried to take yourself a little bit less seriously. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but it will help you in so many ways.

Everywhere is certain levels of dodgy, I guess its better than Aspley so there's that. Though one of the places I worked at before got broken into and robbed twice while i was there (which was only a year). Most that's happened to where I currently work is that someone drew a dick on the wall. One of the factory lads said he had to stop people trying to steal his car but... he's not all there so who knows if that even happened.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Noisy tunes:

Oh, imma be all over this later. I know the first four, I think.

As for the guitar...

I got one a few months back and its the best purchase I have ever made. So much fun and learning a lot, but I could definitely use some lessons at least once a week but hard to find a teacher in my area. I stupidly went with the acoustic guitar bundle and my fingers hurt!!!! Worth it though.

Want to learn the piano one day too but sticking with the guitar for now.

I think it's better starting on acoustic, electric guitars are easier to play. Acoustics have a habit of highlighting your mistakes more clearly too. Good luck!

Marc

I think it's better starting on acoustic, electric guitars are easier to play. Acoustics have a habit of highlighting your mistakes more clearly too. Good luck!

Yeah, plus I play around with it out of the game at my desk, so get more practice in.

Cheers! Will need it, seems like a long road to decency and I have the attention span of a ferret.

Good tunes!

Been listening to UNKLE's Burn My Shadow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsMGNwYDdg

Staying at my exes tonight.

:)

Double-dip recession?

Sorry to hear about your job, hopefully you get one soon. Usually the busiest period for jobs at least, as people look to leave anyway around now. What kind of job were you doing, open to other things?

Symphonia

Banned
Was a team leader at a finance firm. I'm open to anything, be it office or industrial. I'd rather try and avoid retail if possible.

Marc

Was a team leader at a finance firm. I'm open to anything, be it office or industrial. I'd rather try and avoid retail if possible.

You know it makes sense...

Finance firms tend to be very small worlds, seen how they work in the background and everyone knows each other in the industry so will ask around about you if they are interested. Always thought getting into HR itself would be a good job, mostly people work a contract, can make your own hours and charge overtime and doesn't seem like a huge barrier in getting the knowledge to pass an interview.

Marc

Probably didn't realise there is a pigeon on his foot.

Can't help but feel they missed an opportunity with the cloud shape...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was wondering if I could have an update on my Secret Santa. I was told to expect it last week but it still hasn't arrived. I'm guessing it has tracking based on the last message.

NinjaBoiX

Good tunes!

Been listening to UNKLE's Burn My Shadow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsMGNwYDdg
Yeah, I like this, cool video too. I got a bit disenfranchised with Unkle after DJ Shadow left though, they never quite had the same magic. Psyence Fiction was basically his record, James Lavelle had very little input. I did like some of the stuff from Never Never Land:

Unkle feat. Ian Brown - Reign
Unkle - Panic Attack

And bonus track from Pysence Fiction (you can't have part 1 with part 2):

Unkle - The Knock (Drums of Death pt 2)

The part from 2:22 onwards is like turntable wizardy, Shadow on top form.

What the fuck?

When did I get tagged? :O
Haha, nice one!

This is probably my favourite tag on GAF:

EEJGlsP.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I was wondering if I could have an update on my Secret Santa. I was told to expect it last week but it still hasn't arrived. I'm guessing it has tracking based on the last message.
Wow you still haven't gotten anything? It's almost been a month since Xmas. That's unacceptable. Sorry to hear it mean.

Pretty much, although they've clearly taken my past disciplinary into account too.

Which they are entitled to do.

It sucks but at the same time would you really want to work for a firm that uses looking for another job as grounds for firing you?

P.S I don't see anything wrong with Mike's initial post to you, try not to be so defensive eh?

Symphonia

Banned
Which they are entitled to do.

It sucks but at the same time would you really want to work for a firm that uses looking for another job as grounds for firing you.
I was under the impression that any disciniplinary action 'expires' after six months, as stated in the contract I'm sure and as mentioned in the initial induction. And, to be honest, I'd rather not work for a company like that. I enjoyed my line of work but, yeah, the way they treated me today makes me glad I'm no longer contracted with them.

I was under the impression that any disciniplinary action 'expires' after six months, as stated in the contract I'm sure and as mentioned in the initial induction. And, to be honest, I'd rather not work for a company like that. I enjoyed my line of work but, yeah, the way they treated me today makes me glad I'm no longer contracted with them.

Most companies keep disciplinaries on file for as long as you're employed by them, even Local Authorities do.

If you're that certain, I'd check your contract because if you're right that's grounds for unfair dismissal.

theaface

As for the guitar...

I got one a few months back and its the best purchase I have ever made. So much fun and learning a lot.

Good to know. Had a little play earlier and, well, I was dreadful. Worse than I even expected! Never mind though, early days yet and a long way to go. I can already tell I like how they've designed the game as a learning tool. Very nice job.

Missed the last tube by 3 mins FML

Night bus to Woodford doesn't start till an hour later, I guess no one needs to get home in that hour difference??? On a bus to somewhere else, will have to walk home from there.

Ok walking home from Walthamstow. Guys in cars stopping to ask if I'm ok/ask for my number. Guys in street possibly following me. Hood up, mean face, head high, walk on.

Oh, and 3% battery left :/

Lirlond

Just home from a 13 hour shift. Got another tomorrow ;-;

If musha doesn't make a post before I get up tomorrow I'm phoning the police.

If I would of seen your posts I would of picked you up! Thank god you got home alright... Walthamstow can be scary at night.

Aww bless you. Where do you live?

And yeah, normally I have no issues going anywhere in London at any time by myself. But slightly drunk walking through E17 last night/this morning was the most scared I've been for a long time. I was carrying my shoes, and when I had to go through the subways at the Waterworks roundabout I held one of my shoes so I was ready to attack with the heel if necessary!

This is what happens when I drink. My decision to brake dry January last night cost me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom