• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
So you all bitch and moan at me when I'm feeling down then, when I'm happy for once, you still bitch and moan at me? Jesus, there really is no fucking pleasing you guys, is there? Can you not just once try and be happy for me? I know y'all hate me and wish I would fuck off and leave this place but, c'mon, I'm spending quality time with the one true love of my life.

Jordan

So you all bitch and moan at me when I'm feeling down then, when I'm happy for once, you still bitch and moan at me? Jesus, there really is no fucking pleasing you guys, is there? Can you not just once try and be happy for me? I know y'all hate me and wish I would fuck off and leave this place but, c'mon, I'm spending quality time with the one true love of my life.

We don't bitch and moan at you, we just think you make some stupid decisions in your life. Yes, she may well be the one true love of your life - but what makes you think she feels the same?

You broke up... for a reason. Relationships rarely go well when you're getting back with an ex - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this.

Has it ever occurred to you, that the people here don't want you to make a fool of yourself and actually want you to succeed in life. No contesting the unfair dismissal at work. Getting back with an ex who still is with someone? They are all just a recipe for disaster but you live in your own fucking world where EVERYBODY is out to get you. Guess what... Nobody is out to get you, nobody wants you to make an idiot of yourself - you just need to get your head out of your arse and actually see what's happening in your life before you ruin it.

Mr. Sam

This is shaping up to be an interesting Saturday night, eh?

Schrödinger's cat;97598282 said:
That's my sort of night in!

Sat down and watched Elysium with wifey and half a chocolate orange.

I rather enjoyed it. It reminded me in many ways of District 9. Then, at the end, who should pop up as the director? Yep, the District 9 chap.

Wifey liked it too. Especially the extra bloody bits of faces getting blown off.

The chocolate orange didn't seem too impressed though. Snob.

Elysium would have been better as a showreel of special effects. My life would be better with a wife. I don't care for chocolate oranges.

So much to work on.

Symphonia

Banned
You're acting like you've got claim to someone who is with another person, acting arrogant about it and calling her 'the wench'.

I don't share the happiness of someone like that, I instead judge them.
She is a wench. The definition of wench is a 'girl or young woman' so, yano, I'm perfectly entitled to call her that. And judge me all you want. I'm so fucking used to everyone here judging me all the time that it literally means fuck all to me now.

You're acting like you've got claim to someone who is with another person, acting arrogant about it and calling her 'the wench'.

I don't share the happiness of someone like that, I instead judge them.

This.

CyanideStrike I like you and I'd gladly have a beer with you but sometimes your posts come across as being cuntish. She's your ex for a reason and what's going to happen when her boyfriend finds out? It's more trouble than it's worth.

afoni

Banned
i hate to be the liberal bastard i am but there's a lot of veiled misogyny in this thread that i usually ignore because i know well enough that there's no point challenging it but trying to justify use of the word wench as a casual thing is just as bad as when you called a girl a bitch for calling you arrogant when you quite obviously are

unless she's a fucking pirate, don't use that word. don't even justify it.

Hey guys, so I have friends over this evening to finally swap Christmas presents. This is what I got

CEED8257-19D8-49BC-A5B5-1376CE7345F2_zpsjjxjsrhi.jpg

For those of you not in the know the guy on the right is Lobo, one of my fave comic book characters. Very happy with that and the book.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey guys, so I have friends over this evening to finally swap Christmas presents. This is what I got

For those of you not in the know the guy on the right is Lobo, one of my fave comic book characters. Very happy with that and the book.

I can't see an image, what was it?

--

Haha, is that a plush Lobo?

Symphonia

Banned
CyanideStrike I like you and I'd gladly have a beer with you but sometimes your posts come across as being cuntish. She's your ex for a reason and what's going to happen when her boyfriend finds out? It's more trouble than it's worth.
I don't exactly get how they come across as cuntish and I honestly don't get why so many people are so against me and her. Or the use of wench, as that is clearly not a literal comment, but that's for another time. I'm aware her boyfriend will be unhappy but, as I said, they're having problems. They might not be together much longer. I'm just being there for her like I always have done and always will do.

afoni

Banned
I don't exactly get how they come across as cuntish and I honestly don't get why so many people are so against me and her. Or the use of wench, as that is clearly not a literal comment, but that's for another time. I'm aware her boyfriend will be unhappy but, as I said, they're having problems. They might not be together much longer. I'm just being there for her like I always have done and always will do.

omgwtf.gif.pagespeed.wljrv.gif

It's your life.

Just don't expect any sympathy when she inevitably drops you again.

jimbor

Banned
I don't exactly get how they come across as cuntish and I honestly don't get why people are so against me and her. Or the use of wench, as that is clearly not a literal comment, but that's for another time. I'm aware her boyfriend will be unhappy but, as I said, they're having problems. They might not be together much longer. I'm just being there for her like I always have done and always will do.

They come across as cuntish because you're clearly a cunt. Nothing is ever your fault, always somebody else to blame for your fuck up. You fail at life, you suck at your job and you're a shit father. I feel sorry for your daughter being the pawn in the Jeremy Kyle show that is your life. The best thing that could happen would be for you to leave her and your ex alone forever.

afoni

Banned
They come across as cuntish because you're clearly a cunt. Nothing is ever your fault, always somebody else to blame for your fuck up. You fail at life, you suck at your job and you're a shit father. I feel sorry for your daughter being the pawn in the Jeremy Kyle show that is your life. The best thing that could happen would be for you to leave her and your ex alone forever.

reverseixjw4.gif

Symphonia

Banned
And you just completely crossed the line, you utter tosspot. Who the fuck are you to call me a bad father? Have you seen me with my daughter? Do you hear her tell me how much she loves me? How I make her happy? No, so fuck right off, you twat, and don't ever fucking come back at me with that 'bad father' bullshit.

1) They do: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-plush-...026?pt=Stuffed_Animals_US&hash=item3a73d1bf62

2) Oh dear God, what am I looking at? What is that thing? Oh God. Oh God.

3) There's more fantastic Daredevil comics than there are terrible Daredevil films, so NYEH to you!

1) oh ok cool let's just have a look at.....

2) oh. Looks like a weird stretch Armstrong hybrid thing. That will haunt my dreams.

3) yeah I know, just joshing. I've not ever read any so can't really comment on the comics. But god damn that film....

jimbor

Banned
And you just completely crossed the line, you utter tosspot. Who the fuck are you to call me a bad father? Have you seen me with my daughter? Do you hear her tell me how much she loves me? How I make her happy? No, so fuck right off, you twat, and don't ever fucking come back at me with that 'bad father' bullshit.

Youngsters don't Know any better. Come back to me if she still wants to talk to you when she's an adult and you're still earning sixteen grand a year, being let go for no fault of your own.

Mr. Sam

3) yeah I know, just joshing. I've not ever read any so can't really comment on the comics. But god damn that film....

Two Daredevil books that I can't recommend highly enough are Brian Bendis' run, which converted me in the first place, and the current Mark Waid run, which is totally different in terms of tone, art, structure and just about everything but every bit as fantastic.

Ahem. You know, if you were that way inclined.

f0rk

What meat shall I cook for Sunday Lunch tomorrow guys?

Beef is your gravy is good, otherwise pork cos crackling and apple sauce

Two Daredevil books that I can't recommend highly enough are Brian Bendis' run, which converted me in the first place, and the current Mark Waid run, which is totally different in terms of tone, art, structure and just about everything but every bit as fantastic.

Ahem. You know, if you were that way inclined.

Is there a reason the Bendis trades are so hard to get a hold of? I think that's the first time I've seen the vol 1 trade on amazon and the big hardback is really expensive from what I remember.

Mr. Sam

Is there a reason the Bendis trades are so hard to get a hold of? I think that's the first time I've seen the vol 1 trade on amazon and the big hardback is really expensive from what I remember.

I've actually never known them to be. You can get the ultimate collections - the three Bendis ones - for about £13 from third party sellers on Amazon and I'd very much like to emphasise that they are pleasantly chunky and pleasantly bloody good.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Holy shit jimbor...

Way to go Cyanide. Think maybe it's best for you to go find a new group of imaginary strangers to document your mundane tea time soap of a life to, eh?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Not really had a chance to read any of it in the couple of hours I've had it! I'll let you know when I do

The book is good, even though the premise itself annoys me. De Botton is quite interesting to follow on Twitter. Nice gifts!

And this evening was something else. In the thread, I mean, not my life.

So I found a neat app for documenting all my graphic novels. It's called Collectors and you just scan the barcode and it saves all the data. Unfortunately it doesn't recognise comics. There is an add on for comic books but you have to pay for the add ons, not sure how much.

But you can manually add items as well so I can put all my Indy comics on there too. Which will prove very useful at cons when I'm trying to remember which ones I've already bought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom