• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
omg omg omg I'm playing with Fight Like Apes!! wooooooo!!

Anyone fancy a sunday afternoon festival in August?

Sunday 3 August (11.30am – 6pm)
Fight Like Apes!
Big Red Ass
Parachute For Gordo
The Crosstown Trio
Our Lost Infantry
The Wilsons

WOW

I'm one of the few non self hating middle class white kids of my generation.

We're very much the Jews of the 2010s

lol

I've never had to hide in an attic because roaming packs of radical aetheist vegans heard I shop in Waitrose and listen to Classic FM, but I get the sentiment.

Honestly, I'd very much like to ascend to the ranks of the aristocracy. My full name would sound great with a Sir in front of it, evens out the number of syllables. Plus, the pace of life associated with the upper classes suits me down to the ground.

Given the chance I'd walk over the backs of several hundred working class drones to get there but I doubt the opportunity will present itself, c'est la vie.

NinjaBoiX

Fight Like Apes!
Big Red Ass
Parachute For Gordo
The Crosstown Trio
Our Lost Infantry
The Wilsons

WOW
Mikeside just came.

Put me down for this mate, sounds like fun! You can't turn down the chance to see a band called Big Red Ass really can you.

SmokyDave

lol

I've never had to hide in an attic because roaming packs of radical aetheist vegans heard I shop in Waitrose and listen to Classic FM, but I get the sentiment.

Honestly, I'd very much like to ascend to the ranks of the aristocracy. My full name would sound great with a Sir in front of it, evens out the number of syllables. Plus, the pace of life associated with the upper classes suits me down to the ground.

Given the chance I'd walk over the backs of several hundred working class drones to get there but I doubt the opportunity will present itself, c'est la vie.
My Nectar card says 'Smoky Dave Esq' on it, does that count? I'm not an esquire, but they still let me put it on the form.

You shop in Waitrose? Ugh. I order from Ocado so I don't have to rub shoulders with the hoi polloi.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Fight Like Apes!
Big Red Ass
Parachute For Gordo
The Crosstown Trio
Our Lost Infantry
The Wilsons

WOW

Maybe, actually. I like PFG and I quite like britgaf folks, so you know. Sounds, you know,ok or something.

lol

Ha! Having spoken to you, I can absolutely agree with this.

My Nectar card says 'Smoky Dave Esq' on it, does that count? I'm not an esquire, but they still let me put it on the form.

You shop in Waitrose? Ugh. I order from Ocado so I don't have to rub shoulders with the hoi polloi.

Us too! Darling, they sell five varieties of coconut water! And their smoked venison is to die for.

SteveWD40

Waitrose? Booths is where it's at for the true snob, especially the one in Media City near the BBC. Has it's own Deli, Butcher and Fish mongers...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Maybe, actually. I like PFG and I quite like britgaf folks, so you know. Sounds, you know,ok or something.

omg this would be AWESOME :D no pressure though lady! Should be a nice relaxed day tbh, the Westy is super chill, there will be grass indoors and a load of lovely bands. Our Lost Infantry are good mates of ours, Crosstown Trio are some nice folkies that I think I have a mate playing in, FLA are badass... it's going to be a lovely day.

SO HYPE

jimbor

Banned
I'm one of the few non self hating middle class white kids of my generation.

We're very much the Jews of the 2010s

Working class people aren't food and beer hipsters like you are.

A man can have aspirations.

Plus, I liked good beer and food before it was cool.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
omg this would be AWESOME :D no pressure though lady! Should be a nice relaxed day tbh, the Westy is super chill, there will be grass indoors and a load of lovely bands. Our Lost Infantry are good mates of ours, Crosstown Trio are some nice folkies that I think I have a mate playing in, FLA are badass... it's going to be a lovely day.

SO HYPE

Don't expect much. I am very proud of my underwhelmingness. Don't threaten it!

More importantly, well done to you and the band.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Fight Like Apes!
Big Red Ass
Parachute For Gordo
The Crosstown Trio
Our Lost Infantry
The Wilsons

WOW

That's a good line up! Nice work, Jed!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah bed of chaos is garbage. I feel sorry for the sleep-deprived intern who was put in charge of that. Lost Izalith & the Demon Ruins are shitty cut & paste levels that are truly shit stains on an otherwise amazing game.
0587_nts5x.gif
What's wrong, Antonio?!

Midnight Believer, I love that prodigy song.

Sneds

I need to go back and finish Dark Souls myself. The only area I haven't beaten is Tomb of the Giants. But those skeletons are intimidating!

jimbor

Banned

Fight Like Apes!
Big Red Ass
Parachute For Gordo
The Crosstown Trio
Our Lost Infantry
The Wilsons

WOW

Congratulations! This is relevant to my interests. Where is it taking place?

Oh, hey, more glasto hate from the group of middle class white kids who think they're above the best festival in the UK.

John, you have people you can fire???
Does that mean you can hire people too?
But Reading/Leeds have the Lockup stage!

Either way they're all shit. Groezrock for life yo. Ignore that it's not UK.

And congrats Jed. I recognise none of those bands but I will go and look them up now!

I need to go back and finish Dark Souls myself. The only area I haven't beaten is Tomb of the Giants. But those skeletons are intimidating!

your skeletons. show them to me.

i just beat the stupid demon tree and smushed the bug thing that was in it like the bug thing it is. ha, take that!
now i need to do the laundry. real life dark souls.

NinjaBoiX

dark souls update: fuck the bed of chaos. what a poopbutt.
You can totally cheese it, it becomes the easiest fight in the game.

Just run left first, jump the gap, slash the heart thingy, then save and quit. You start right at the top of the ramp.

Go do the right side the same way, hug the wall and watch out for the floor giving way, slash, save and quit. Then for the middle, just run down the middle slightly to the right, stop at the middle stone circle, back step his swipes, the drop down onto the root below.

Same thing, run in, slash the heart thingy, done. You've just got to be quick, take off any heavy armour and don't stop running. Hell, do it in your pants.

Edit: oh, you did it. Never mind then!

More good news, this is turning out to be a good day for BritGaf - I got the job! Apparently they absolutely loved me.Yay! It's a great move for me career wise, but also it's a £2K pay rise, which may not sound like a lot but when you haven't had a pay rise for 3 years it's quite nice!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
More good news, this is turning out to be a good day for BritGaf - I got the job! Apparently they absolutely loved me.Yay! It's a great move for me career wise, but also it's a £2K pay rise, which may not sound like a lot but when you haven't had a pay rise for 3 years it's quite nice!

Congrats, Musha!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Hell yes!!! Congrats!!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

FUCK YEAAAAAAH BGAF PARTY TIME

NinjaBoiX

Excellent work Soturi! Good for you mane!

Mikeside

Hey! Congratulations mamabear :)

But Reading/Leeds have the Lockup stage!

Either way they're all shit. Groezrock for life yo. Ignore that it's not UK.

And congrats Jed. I recognise none of those bands but I will go and look them up now!

Reading Festival could have the best lineup ever. It's still a shit festival.

The atmosphere is crap because it's largely just teenagers away from their parents for the first time attempting to cause riots.
I broke a guy's collarbone at Reading Festival. The only reason I went was because for some reason Radiohead played it.

Glastonbury, Latitude, The Big Chill, Bestival, Isle of Wight, Download, Sonisphere etc - these are the British festivals worth going to. Great atmosphere (though I only have first-hand experience of Glasto and Latitude out of those, the rest I'm relying on friends' reports.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Finalement I am done for the week.

A wad load of chargeable hours
A few new wins of work
I've now got proper tea making facilities on my desk
My desk is fairly tidy
The sun is shining
There's a new Edge out
E is already at home

Life's not so bad.

Congrats on the job candice. In similar but not such prestigious news my contract (in doubt since March) has been extended all the way to september.

Also if I remember the story right didn't you break someone's collar bone with a fire extinguisher Mike?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh btw that Sainsbury's Stardust giveaway thing last week that my shop didn't know anything about? I tweeted them about it, DMed my addy and got a package in the post today with not only Stardust but also The Ocean At the End of The Lane. Fuckin win, £17 retail value for the price of two messages.

8bit

Knows the Score

Awesome, well done!

Congratulations!

Aww thanks for all the congrats guys, love you all

Edit: so I'm a bit drunk right now and watching Commando, when I just realised that Sully

CA964909-81ED-40D0-BC17-69DC60AD0501_zpsrpvdsres.jpg

Was T-Bird in The Crow

DF072EA9-3A7B-4BE4-B38C-611C7148893D_zps4xolzbj0.jpg

How did I never know this!!!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Aww thanks for all the congrats guys, love you all

Edit: so I'm a bit drunk right now and watching Commando, when I just realised that Sully

CA964909-81ED-40D0-BC17-69DC60AD0501_zpsrpvdsres.jpg

Was T-Bird in The Crow

DF072EA9-3A7B-4BE4-B38C-611C7148893D_zps4xolzbj0.jpg

How did I never know this!!!

He lied.

EDIT: Ah, shit. That was Arnie.

Has Arnie fought Freddie Mercury yet? Real sexual chemistry between those two.

Did you know the daughter is one of the girls in Charmed?

SmokyDave

I really want to have sex with the chick from the Trivago advert and it's annoying me. I can almost feel a smug marketing man giving me a knowing wink.

Edit: damn. Just looked her up and she has topless shots online. Her name is Emma Leth. Now I really want to have sex with her.

Congrats, Mush! Well deserved.

Mahoosive congratulations! Of course they loved you, you're fucking ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom