• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Got my new phone today, went for the Z1 Compact, it's a cool little phone. As I'd upgraded to a higher data tarrif it turns out I was eligible for an iPad mini for an extra fee every month.

So just before I signed she offered a 16gb mini for a low, low price of £20 per month, so that works out at just £480 over the course of the contract for a £250 tablet. Bargain.

And this after just having a fairly long conversation about how I don't like iOS and would be sticking with Android from now on.
Got to hand my notice in at some point this week, not looking foward to that.
Yeah, me too, possibly the week after. I'm thinking about asking for a sebaticcal, just as a safety net in case things go tits up. I'm not holding my breath though, they're notoriously reluctant to grant them.

If not, months notice innit. Anxious times.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Very quiet in here today!

I just saw a load of cousins and 2nd cousins I've not seen in years, makes me feel very old.

Got to hand my notice in at some point this week, not looking foward to that.

Aw, you've got to enjoy it on some level, no? I loved handing my notice in at my last place - one of the best feelings I've ever had. Change is good! Change with a pay rise is even better.

Got my new phone today, went for the Z1 Compact, it's a cool little phone. As I'd upgraded to a higher data tarrif it turns out I was eligible for an iPad mini for an extra fee every month.

So just before I signed she offered a 16gb mini for a low, low price of £20 per month, so that works out at just £480 over the course of the contract for a £250 tablet. Bargain.

And this after just having a fairly long conversation about how I don't like iOS and would be sticking with Android from now on.

Yeah, me too, possibly the week after. I'm thinking about asking for a sebaticcal, just as a safety net in case things go tits up. I'm not holding my breath though, they're notoriously reluctant to grant them.

If not, months notice innit. Anxious times.

If you have an iPad (E gave me hers this week cos she got a new one), listen to the people who rave about Hearthstone. It starts off quite basic and then after a few hours you turn into an addict. Need...more...cards.

(PS we live near the Etihad. The noise has started. And I saw a bloke piss in the street earlier with his little boy as watch.)

AcridMeat

Banned
Sploats I got back into Hearthstone the past few days what's your Hearthstone so that maybe we can Hearthstone and then find out who Hearthstones the most hearth stones.

Wait do they allow cross continent play? Or do they still have NA/EU servers?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sploats I got back into Hearthstone the past few days what's your Hearthstone so that maybe we can Hearthstone and then find out who Hearthstones the most hearth stones.

Wait do they allow cross continent play? Or do they still have NA/EU servers?

It's just sploatee. Level 7 mage with 16/20 basic cards AKA bring it on.

Aw, you've got to enjoy it on some level, no? I loved handing my notice in at my last place - one of the best feelings I've ever had. Change is good! Change with a pay rise is even better.

If you have an iPad (E gave me hers this week cos she got a new one), listen to the people who rave about Hearthstone. It starts off quite basic and then after a few hours you turn into an addict. Need...more...cards.

(PS we live near the Etihad. The noise has started. And I saw a bloke piss in the street earlier with his little boy as watch.)

Normally I would feel a little good about it, especially after the shit they put me through the last few months. But they've just had 2 other people quit so I know they're going to be in a really bad position when I leave so I feel a bit guilty.

I've pissed in the street before now. Much harder for a girl.

hxggml29vd23.gif

I can't take a leak when other people are around. It's a problem.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's just...I dunno. Middle of the day! If you've got to go, you've got to go I suppose. Couldn't see his willy.

It's just...I dunno. Middle of the day! If you've got to go, you've got to go I suppose. Couldn't see his willy.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

To be fair the only time I've done it is early hours when it's been quiet out and I'm completely battered

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
This made me laugh more than it should have.

To be fair the only time I've done it is early hours when it's been quiet out and I'm completely battered

Ha! "if you're gonna go, I'm gonna look. "

Ps don't feel guilty - you've got nothing to feel guilty for. They'll probably understand and be really nice. But don't feel bad for them!! Work is work and life is life.

8bit

Knows the Score
Normally I would feel a little good about it, especially after the shit they put me through the last few months. But they've just had 2 other people quit so I know they're going to be in a really bad position when I leave so I feel a bit guilty.

Ehh, they skimped out on a bonus/decent pay rise. Fuck 'em.

NinjaBoiX

Public pissing stories?

I remember once I was sitting in my van outside one of my sites, it was about half 3. It's a fairly busy street, plenty of cars driving past, kids and mums are walking about coming back from school, sun shining, pretty nice scene just before I go home.

Then this van comes round the corner and parks up next to me. He opens the door, gets and just starts taking a leak right there in broad daylight. Just as he finishes a door opens across the street and a kindly old woman greets him, welcoming him in with a hug.

He was clearly there to visit his nan or whatever but couldn't wait 30 seconds to use her bathroom.

rkOis.gif

Whose Line Is It Anyway? is coming back for a series of live shows at the Edinburgh Fringe with Clive Anderson returning as host:

Regulars on the decade-long Channel 4 series Greg Proops and Stephen Frost will also appear for the full,14-night run at the Underbelly's 1,000-seater McEwan Hall, with Josie Lawrence and Colin Mochrie confirmed as part of a wider, rotating line-up.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2014/05/11/20163/whose_line_is_it_anyway?_to_return

The cast appear in this video in case you don't remember them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfsaSouIus8

To stick with our public urination theme (happy Sunday evening), I remember once me and a group of friends were at a big party, outdoor one, it got a bit messy cos of scale and at 4am we all thought best to... walk away rather than see it in the morning. It's the countryside, so everything's far away but there's no real danger. So we walked about an hour and a half, just as we arrived in the place we were going to (a friends house, decided to surprise him), a friend decided to go for a wee at the petrol station. In the outside newspaper rack in the Daily Mail bit. Suspect papers weren't put in there a few hours later.

--

And good for Whose Line. Would like to see it back, have been enjoying the new US series.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sploatee#2903

I'm new to Battle.net so I don't know if I need to do something else. I play on the ipad. But there you go.

Mr. Sam

http://abload.de/img/hxggml29vd23.gif[IMG]

[SPOILER]I can't take a leak when other people are around. It's a problem.[SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I used to get stage fright when I was a teenager. Then I realised that if you were looking at my dick, hey man, that's [I]your[/I] problem.

I used to get stage fright when I was a teenager. Then I realised that if you were looking at my dick, hey man, that's your problem.

It's not a conscious thing, it's just that my dick locks up for a good 30 seconds if I have to take a pee next to someone. Which is more awkward in itself, standing there waiting to pee.

It's weird, like I say.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It's not a conscious thing, it's just that my dick locks up for a good 30 seconds if I have to take a pee next to someone. Which is more awkward in itself, standing there waiting to pee.

It's weird, like I say.

I used to get that. It went away as I stopped giving much care to what other people thought, even though it wasn't - as you put it - a conscious thing.

On an unrelated note, the new Black Keys album is really nice. Quite a bit mellower, I'd say.

SKINNER!

Banned
Downloaded an App on my phone called SureFire Alarm.

Essentially yoou have an alarm that won't stop until you complete challenges like mental arithmetic or repeating a fast pattern on the screen. You have to do something to wake your brain up to turn the alarm off and once your brain is awake it's much easier to get up. Worked for me this morning, normally I allow myself 15 minutes to shower and get dressed and I'm gone, this morning I had enough time to iron some shirts, do the recycling and spend half an hour walking to work and arrived early. I'm seeing the world through new eyes.

Ta. I'll sort. I'm gonna get beaten so badly!

Morning ye's. Running so late today! Thought it would be a good idea to stay up late and read. It wasn't.

How's everyone doing?

I'm super, thanks for asking! How are you?

Essentially yoou have an alarm that won't stop until you complete challenges like mental arithmetic or repeating a fast pattern on the screen. You have to do something to wake your brain up to turn the alarm off and once your brain is awake it's much easier to get up. Worked for me this morning, normally I allow myself 15 minutes to shower and get dressed and I'm gone, this morning I had enough time to iron some shirts, do the recycling and spend half an hour walking to work and arrived early. I'm seeing the world through new eyes.

This sounds great, will download

Edit: can't find it dapps, is that definitely the right name?

It's weird, like I say.

I used to be the same unless I was out drinking. And I didn't like showering at the gym either. Now I just don't care at all with there being wangs all over the place in the showers.

SteveWD40

Bnet ID: Falco#2933

Add me peeps, I have been playing Hearthstone since closed beta last year and could use some nice people to play against.

NinjaBoiX

On an unrelated note, the new Black Keys album is really nice. Quite a bit mellower, I'd say.
Oh yeah, I still need to hear it.

Which reminds me, Royal Blood's debut is due soon.

B0wld.gif
This sounds hideous. Maths forced on you first thing in the morning before you can turn your alarm off?

That would be a no.
There doesn't seem to be an iOS version.
lol, iOS peasants.

SKINNER!

Banned
Been getting into a N64 fix lately. Been playing Wrestlemania 2000, Mario Kart 64, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 and South Park Rally in the weekend. Really love that console and now I can't stop fishing for some decent game deals on ebay X(

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finding more and more grass-roots local bands to be doing stuff leagues ahead of anything else. Bit of a cross-post, but if you like it loud (and why wouldn't you?), I highly recommend Escucha. I saw them on Saturday night and they absolutely blew me away. So much energy! Their recordings really don't do them justice. Here's a video of a studio recording to give you an idea of what they can be like live... in a tiny venue. They are basically a gnarlier At The Drive-In and I do not say such a thing lightly.

Lovely humble bunch of chaps too.

Also, Mass Lines are bloody good too (and equally lovely chaps). Kind of a modern day Stooges minus Iggy but plus a British sounding Albini-a-like. Again, their recordings don't get across the energy and sheer joy of watching them live. Can't find any videos unfortunately.

Both excellent bands that are inexplicably under the radar.

This sounds hideous. Maths forced on you first thing in the morning before you can turn your alarm off?

That would be a no.

lol, iOS peasants.

If you're numerically impaired Owen there's other challenges that require reflexes or a pattern repetition thing which is sort of similar to this adorable cat video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EppdVuV0z8I

Either way I'd rather have an alarm busting my balls in the morning than a boss.

Reknoc

Been getting into a N64 fix lately. Been playing Wrestlemania 2000, Mario Kart 64, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 and South Park Rally in the weekend. Really love that console and now I can't stop fishing for some decent game deals on ebay X(

hope you manage to find the two Goemon games, easily my favourite games on the N64.

SKINNER!

Banned
After the past couple of months I'm convinced that any and all problems Ninja has with an OS are his own particular foibles, not necessarily the OS itself.

haha touche :p Welcome back to the right side anyway Ninj. Still think the iphone has a really decent camera app. Hate Apple but even I'm impressed with how quick it is and how well the pics come out. Sony completely fucked it up on the Xperia Z1 ever since the Kitkat update X( Slow startup, app freezes after a pic is taken and zoom pics comes out fuzzy.

hope you manage to find the two Goemon games, easily my favourite games on the N64.

Ah the Mystical Ninja games :) Remember reading the Official Nintendo Magazine reviews (lol) about them and my friend kept telling me it was fun but I never got to try it. I just discovered that Fighting Force 64 was released in Europe :O I never knew back in the day! Thought it was just a NTSC release...damn the days before the internet.

EDIT: Same with Starcraft 64 but that was an Australian PAL release...which goes for silly money today so fuck that. Good thing I have zero interest in that game.

Reknoc

Ah the Mystical Ninja games :) Remember reading the Official Nintendo Magazine reviews (lol) about them and my friend kept telling me it was fun but I never got to try it. I just discovered that Fighting Force 64 was released in Europe :O I never knew back in the day! Thought it was just a NTSC release...damn the days before the internet.

EDIT: Same with Starcraft 64 but that was an Australian PAL release...which goes for silly money today so fuck that. Good thing I have zero interest in that game.

I had Fighting Force 64, don't really remember much other than the first street level (?) and the stage riding on top of a stealth bomber. I might have got it well after the time of the N64 though as a lot of my N64 games I got from gamestation when they had a bunch of boxless cartridges displayed in the window. I got the second game when I got my dirt cheap Dreamcast after it killed SEGA.

The N64 also had best Rockstar with Space Station Silicon Valley (even though the game was impossible to 100% lol) and Body Harvest.

NinjaBoiX

Daps, the only thing I want in an alarm app is the off button. You cray.
You back on an Android phone now? I recall you saying you got fed up with it and moved to an iphone.
Yeah, iOS is better in a lot of ways but it's too limited for me and there were a load of minor niggles that were all adding up.
After the past couple of months I'm convinced that any and all problems Ninja has with an OS are his own particular foibles, not necessarily the OS itself.
To be fair, I was having problems adjusting ID3 tags for MP3 on a PC. I use PC's like a few times a week, and even then it's "open iTunes, play X".

And I use my phone all day every day for all kinds of different stuff and therefore encounter more issues than you.

TL;DR

Quiet you.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm super, thanks for asking! How are you?/QUOTE]

I'm fabulous, dahhling.

I got in touch with a friend (a friend!) and also found out about a local knitting group. Let's do this!

Bnet ID: Falco#2933

Add me peeps, I have been playing Hearthstone since closed beta last year and could use some nice people to play against.

Grand.

Made me laugh out loud. Sorry Ninj!

I have an alarm app where you have to shake the ipod like fucking crazy to turn off the alarm. It's pretty amazing/nightmarish.

SKINNER!

Banned
I might have got it well after the time of the N64 though as a lot of my N64 games I got from gamestation when they had a bunch of boxless cartridges displayed in the window.

Ha same. Still had a couple of the games I had when I first got the system but managed to get some decent games when gamestation had all their loose carts in a bargain bin.

NinjaBoiX

Haha, I'm reading Eurogamer's "Sir, You Are Being Hunted" review, the introduction made me laugh:

"Games have given us many iconic monsters, from Doom's Imps to Silent Hill's Pyramid Head. Yet indie developer Big Robot may have just created the most terrifying foe of all. The robots which stalk you across the bleak landscapes of Sir, You Are Being Hunted are, basically, Nigel Farage crossed with The Terminator.

Like UK Independence Party leader Farage, they embody a cartoonish, fantasy version of Englishness: a sort of tweedy, gentrified celebration of warm beer, milky tea and striding across moorlands with a shotgun. They also can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear."

vgiF68P.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The thing with Farage, though, is that he's quite good at showing mainstream politicians up as being professional automatons. I saw him on QT last week and he came off far better than the obnoxious Tory.

I don't agree with UKIPs policies (policy?!) but I completely understand why you'd give them a protest vote.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The thing with Farage, though, is that he's quite good at showing mainstream politicians up as being professional automatons. I saw him on QT last week and he came off far better than the obnoxious Tory.

I don't agree with UKIPs policies (policy?!) but I completely understand why you'd give them a protest vote.

That's what really scares me tbh - populist, man of the people, "he's just like you and me but posh" in a right winger makes me uneasy. The trouble is, I don't really respect the intelligence of the electorate and I think it's so easy for them to fall into this trap of vague xenophobia without any real grounds. England for the English, feeling like a foreigner in my own country, red tape, straight bananas, all that bullshit. Europe does a terrible job at advertising what it is it actually does beside spend money. If you're a reactionary euro-sceptic, I can see exactly why you think we should pull out of europe.

Ehh, I find the whole politics thing incredibly stressful to think about. We have a charismatic (LOL) isolationist party gaining support all over the place. And there is next to no viable opposition to them. It's scary.

edit: IMO what the country really needs right now is a figure/party on the left who are ANGRY and who channel that anger properly. We need bombastic statements, proper arguments, class warfare. ALL TORIES ARE CUNTS, the billboards should say. But of course that will never happen, politics is all aimed at the aspirational middle classes who never want to rock the boat. Fuck them, boring middlers have ruined politics in this country, they should be treated like the enemy for making the world just that little bit more bland every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom