• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an actual third person *shooter* max Payne 3 is best in class along with stuff like vanquish. A lot of others feel like whack a mole games with a story taped on. I've never found combat in uncharted fun but I guess the shooting isn't the main attraction

Heh, that's not a bad way of putting it at all. Considering it equal to Vanquish makes me want to try MP3.

Reknoc

As an actual third person *shooter* max Payne 3 is best in class along with stuff like vanquish. A lot of others feel like whack a mole games with a story taped on. I've never found combat in uncharted fun but I guess the shooting isn't the main attraction

I think it is somewhat, in 2 at least. You shouldn't really play it like a cover shooter and dare to use a lot of the terrain and melee. Except in 3, where every encounter will fuck you up unless you constantly hide in cover.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ayo sploatay splootz, wanna get in on that card game nahm sayin yo wippidy dip?

edit:
By the way, is that a no then?

And Acrid, youre not showing up in my Hearthstone Stone Hearth Stone list of Health Stoning Hearth Stone Stoners.
Awww helllll nahhhh, hm AcridMeat#1378 is mine...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMM!!!! Could the friends lists be region specific as well? That would be a bit SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITE. I can try getting on now and we can sort this.

edit 2: Yeah friends don't carry over cross region. That's some poopy butt I tell you what.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ayo sploatay splootz, wanna get in on that card game nahm sayin yo wippidy dip?

edit:
Awww helllll nahhhh, hm AcridMeat#1378 is mine...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMM!!!! Could the friends lists be region specific as well? That would be a bit SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITE. I can try getting on now and we can sort this.

edit 2: Yeah friends don't carry over cross region. That's some poopy butt I tell you what.

Argh! I just laid the smack down on a stranger too, what.

AcridMeat

Banned
That poor stranger was just about to get his stranger badge from the stranger commission. Now you put the stranger out of commission and the stranger commission is on a mission to find the stranger who decommissioned the stranger heading to the stranger commission.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That poor stranger was just about to get his stranger badge from the stranger commission. Now you put the stranger out of commission and the stranger commission is on a mission to find the stranger who decommissioned the stranger heading to the stranger commission.

That's real talk. He shoulda never said 'well played' to me, that type of smack talk means I'm gonna tea cosy his noggin, check.

Haha, I'm reading Eurogamer's "Sir, You Are Being Hunted" review, the introduction made me laugh:

"Games have given us many iconic monsters, from Doom's Imps to Silent Hill's Pyramid Head. Yet indie developer Big Robot may have just created the most terrifying foe of all. The robots which stalk you across the bleak landscapes of Sir, You Are Being Hunted are, basically, Nigel Farage crossed with The Terminator.

Like UK Independence Party leader Farage, they embody a cartoonish, fantasy version of Englishness: a sort of tweedy, gentrified celebration of warm beer, milky tea and striding across moorlands with a shotgun. They also can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear."

vgiF68P.jpg

lol great review. Too many games on my plate, just finished Jazzpunk which is possibly the funniest game I've ever played.
iQ5fKpluAXorQ.gif

Really loving Child of Light. Now onto finishing some other indies (Octodad, Broken Sword, Kentucky Route Zero, NaissanceE) and then Transistor/Wolfenstein. Exams are finished so got quite a few weeks of just chilling.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
lol great review. Too many games on my plate, just finished Jazzpunk which is possibly the funniest game I've ever played.
iQ5fKpluAXorQ.gif

Really loving Child of Light. Now onto finishing some other indies (Octodad, Broken Sword, Kentucky Route Zero, NaissanceE) and then Transistor/Wolfenstein. Exams are finished so got quite a few weeks of just chilling.

Glad you're enjoying Child of Light. The more I play it, the more I appreciate how relaxed the pace is.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Gameplay wise it's pretty straightforward I think, but if you like fairy tales and the way old children's books were illustrated (or are open minded about that kind of whimsy) you're in for a treat. Its uber escapism to me. And actual female characters that are characters!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Gameplay wise it's pretty straightforward I think, but if you like fairy tales and the way old children's books were illustrated (or are open minded about that kind of whimsy) you're in for a treat. Its uber escapism to me. And actual female characters that are characters!

hmph, well I'm not playing it then, female characters should only be there to

a) die
b) get kidnapped
c) have sex with

They must also have giant breasts and/or hair physics. I cannot support this liberal agenda being pushed so aggressively.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
hmph, well I'm not playing it then, female characters should only be there to

a) die
b) get kidnapped
c) have sex with

They must also have giant breasts and/or hair physics. I cannot support this liberal agenda being pushed so aggressively.

VOTE UKIP!

sorry, couldn't resist

full day of risk management training today and already work chunnering in. And working late almost every night so far. Grumble grumble

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
VOTE UKIP!

sorry, couldn't resist

full day of risk management training today and already work chunnering in. And working late almost every night so far. Grumble grumble

UKIP is for pussies, I'm starting a new party banning darkies and homos from owning property and everyone must wear at least one article of clothing emblazoned with the St George's cross on pain of castration if found wanting.

My work is also crazy, I think my posts will gradually become more unhinged as the month passes. WOOOO SUMMER

NinjaBoiX

Good luck with your interview today CHEEZ!

RIP Giger.
I have Child of Light on my account thanks to MikeyBoiX but have yet to play it. Will need to find a few hours of TV time.
I want but have no time to play.

I want though.
Hey Ninj, Hows your Dreamcast coming along?
See above chief. I haven't even dipped into the games jimbor gave me yet. Then my 360 backlog and my PS4, so much to play, so little time!

NinjaBoiX

It looks like one of Plywood's avatars.

It's too lush today, I'm having myself a flyer. I've got about 15 hours flexi (lol) to use up too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Some people really can't cope with self checkout machines. When your tempter is so sort you literally have to say fuck to any small niggle you really shouldn't use one. Top Tip to the angry man next to me today.

Vashetti

Banned
Some people really can't cope with self checkout machines. When your tempter is so sort you literally have to say fuck to any small niggle you really shouldn't use one. Top Tip to the angry man next to me today.

Oh god I fucking love them.

Completely removes the human interaction bit, tidy!

Unfortunately my dad, also known as papabandit, cannot use a regular checkout OR a self service machine in a supermarket without turning into a sweaty nervous wreck.

With the self service machines, he's just a luddite and goes into a panic when the machine gives him commands or declares that there is an unidentified item in the baggage area.

With a regular supermarket checkout he gets really stressed out by the customer/cashier relationship. Despite being very social, he's unnerved by someone asking him how his day is when they're scanning his shopping. So he ends up trying to maintain anxious small talk in a very loud voice as he rams items into too-thin plastic bags as quickly as possible.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
There's something cathartic about realizing your parent's faults. At the same time though, it makes you think, what is going to happen to us when we get older? No matter how tech literate we are now, are we going to be bumbling, sweaty elderlies in the face of technology 50 years from now?

Hopefully I can just get some baby blood and stem cells injected into my body and be my hyper intelligent self forever.

There's something cathartic about realizing your parent's faults. At the same time though, it makes you think, what is going to happen to us when we get older? No matter how tech literate we are now, are we going to be bumbling, sweaty elderlies in the face of technology 50 years from now?

Hopefully I can just get some baby blood and stem cells injected into my body and be my hyper intelligent self forever.

I have no interest in growing old.

I'll either die young or draw inhuman power from unwanted feotuses

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Technology is dumbing down so as kids we probably had to do more to be tech savvy than kids of today. Remember when you had to tune in your games console? Now you just plug it in and go to the right channel.

Mikeside

I can't wait to get old and useless.
I think I do best when faced with low expectations.

Nope, I can't do it, I don't wanna do it. I'm old. Do it for me, young person. Your patronising labour on my behalf is all the technology I need. #giveafuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom